Oathkeeper for 18.1.2 – Final Thread, Results & Analysis. Bournemouth 2nd, 107 league goals on the Counter Attack

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

How Kings acceleration is 19 for you. For me it is 14, cant believe you have developed it so much to be raised by 4-5.

No idea what you're talking about.

He started the game at 19 acceleration and stayed there?

On 12/2/2017 at 09:13, Mr U Rosler said:

Sorry, forgot this.

Here you go,

FM18 Touch (or those who do not wish to download) - Additional Player Instructions

GK - Distribute to Full Backs

Full Backs - Shoot Less Often, Close Down less

Centre Back - None

Central Midfielder - Shoot Less Often, Tackle Harder

Mezzalla - Shoot Less Often, Tackle Harder, Close Down Much More

All Strikers - Shoot Less Often, Tackle Harder, Close Down More

This is awesome thanks. I'm having some good early success. Napoli seem ideal for this tactic. Only thing I've done is switch CM-D to BWM.

Can I ask just out of curiosity why you want FBs to close down less? Also I can't seem to instruct my DLFs to Close Down More on PI, olnly goes up to Sometimes

45 minutes ago, scwiffy said:

Only thing I've done is switch CM-D to BWM.

You might watch that carefully. The point of the CM-D is that he sits and shields the defence. A BWM will tend to get pulled out of position as he chases down opponents in possession. Depending on the player and his attributes it might work, or it might leave you a bit exposed. Just something to keep an eye on.

9 hours ago, scwiffy said:

This is awesome thanks. I'm having some good early success. Napoli seem ideal for this tactic. Only thing I've done is switch CM-D to BWM.

Can I ask just out of curiosity why you want FBs to close down less? Also I can't seem to instruct my DLFs to Close Down More on PI, olnly goes up to Sometimes

As we're a bit light of cover down the flanks I prefer having the full backs hold their position a little, if their opponents beats the press we are pretty badly exposed. By 'backing off' we can stall attacks and allow our midfielders to get back and help out defensively.

Yep, i'd be careful with the BWM role.  

What a smashing little tactic this is. 2nd season with Wolves and struggling in the prem having lost my first 4 games. Changed to this tactic and won the last 5 scoring 22 goals and only 3 going in at the other end.

More testing needed and will see what happens during the remainder of the season but not a bad start dont you think :-)

Thank you - I had won the league and promotion with my own 433 possession based tactic with Ipswich but we just got battered in the premier as our players weren't up to the job. I restarted with your tactic, won the league in March, got 116 points, scored 116 goals!

Not a huge amount of context here, but the other person who got poor results just dropped it into the middle of a season which it looks like you've done.

As most other tactics have some possession based instructions you are asking your players to play the opposite of what they've been doing all season.

Better to give it a pre-season, you should then see good results :thup: 

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Not a huge amount of context here, but the other person who got poor results just dropped it into the middle of a season which it looks like you've done.

As most other tactics have some possession based instructions you are asking your players to play the opposite of what they've been doing all season.

Better to give it a pre-season, you should then see good results :thup: 

So you think I should continue with the tactic of the beginning of the season and next start using the Oathkeeper?

3 minutes ago, marisareiscoelho said:

Okay, I'm already at the end of the season 17/18. 

When I put your tactic should I stay with the same tactic from the beginning to the end of the season? Even if I have some bad results?

That's up to you, but i'd give it at least half a season, you should get on a strong run. 

5 minutes ago, White Europe said:

ahhhh can't wait for that!

Shattered after work and fancy kicking back and watching Huddersfield - Chelsea.

I played another 8 league games and still going well.

I said i'd put it up so here it is, i'll do the thread tomorrow.

Set full backs to take corners.

4231 DM CA.fmf

Just finished my first season with Ajax with your tactic. Had a very decent season, dominated the league en reached the cup final (0-2 Lose vs AZ). We had some bad luck in the Champions League, won both group matches vs Atletico Madrid but only managed to get 1 point in the other matches vs Celtic and Benfica. So we got eliminated in the group stage.

Overall very satisfied with the way the season went. I will try the 4231 tactic in the second season and try to reach a bit further in Europe.

Keep up the good work. Did also enjoy your FM2015 (the last version of FM i played) Apex Nemesis tactic, managed to reach about 60 seasons making FC Emmen the greatest club in the game :)

FM18Season1.png

• 1 month later...

Archived