Tactical Advice - Help creating a style of pressing.

I am currently trying to play a 4-1-4-1 in where the team presses to try and win the ball in the opponents half and when the opposition enter our own half our players sit deep, keep our shape and allow the opposition to keep the ball whilst hassling them out wide where the wingers attempt to close down hard and attempt to win the ball, my question is has anyone successfully emulated this where the team will aggressively chase the ball in the oppositions half and if the press is bypassed retreat into our own half and not press until the ball has been won.

Here are the OI's I'm using:

5a1334ffc2041_OppInstructions.thumb.jpg.12e654427b8ca0da3ed33d7605a4cb5c.jpg

I have my striker and 2 wide men on close down much more with my 2 CMs on close down more.

I have selected sit deeper to encourage the team to go into its shell and frustrate the opponent whilst using offside trap to encourage them to sit close to the half way line when the ball is in the opposition half. I also use prevent GK short distribution, slightly narrow team shape and stick to positions. I usually play on fluid/flexible with a control/standard mentality.

Can anyone recommend any changes to make the team sit in its shell more and try to frustrate the opponent without players being pulled out of position in their own half. I know this may not be fully achievable on FM but can anyone spot any clear mistakes that I have made, cheers.

On 11/21/2017 at 04:11, OhhScottySinclair said:

I am currently trying to play a 4-1-4-1 in where the team presses to try and win the ball in the opponents half and when the opposition enter our own half our players sit deep, keep our shape and allow the opposition to keep the ball whilst hassling them out wide where the wingers attempt to close down hard and attempt to win the ball, my question is has anyone successfully emulated this where the team will aggressively chase the ball in the oppositions half and if the press is bypassed retreat into our own half and not press until the ball has been won.

Here are the OI's I'm using:

5a1334ffc2041_OppInstructions.thumb.jpg.12e654427b8ca0da3ed33d7605a4cb5c.jpg

I have my striker and 2 wide men on close down much more with my 2 CMs on close down more.

I have selected sit deeper to encourage the team to go into its shell and frustrate the opponent whilst using offside trap to encourage them to sit close to the half way line when the ball is in the opposition half. I also use prevent GK short distribution, slightly narrow team shape and stick to positions. I usually play on fluid/flexible with a control/standard mentality.

Can anyone recommend any changes to make the team sit in its shell more and try to frustrate the opponent without players being pulled out of position in their own half. I know this may not be fully achievable on FM but can anyone spot any clear mistakes that I have made, cheers.

i'm study this too,read this Pressing and pressing triggers :

https://strikerless.com/2017/11/10/cerberus-the-three-headed-beast/

there are three types of pressing by the area

zones.png?w=696&ssl=1

Attacking (high block + Attacking/Overload)

17s5000108s25p887052.jpg

highblock1.png?resize=768,876&ssl=1

Midfield (middle block + Counter/Normal/Control)

17s2000103nsn0o5o44o.jpg
middleblock.png?resize=768,875&ssl=1

Defensive (low block + Contain/Defensive)

17s5000108rsn4710827.jpg
lowblock.png?resize=768,879&ssl=1

i still need to find a way to combine this with 3 set of tactic.

Archived