Sports Interactive Community
michaeltmurrayuk

[FM18][MOD] Match Day Backgrounds Mod

@michaeltmurrayuk That's what I though was the way to do it, but currently my option is greyed out. 

Not sure if it's the skin i'm using which is The FM18 Tempo Skin BTW.

Sorry for the question, but a lot has changed since the simple days of CM2 and have only just gotten round to purchasing FM18

2018-02-06_19-20-13.png

Have a slightly curious problem with this in that whilst it works fine to start with, after a few games it suddenly stops working and reverts back to default or generic photos. It seems to only be remedied by loading up another skin either permanently or by switching to and fro - I use Wannachup and CFM Skin, for the record. Not just reloading the skin.

On one or two skins it doesn't seem to work at all despite doing the right things with it. 

It's a great addition though as I quite like having the stadium my team is playing in appear beforehand. 

If custom backgrounds aren't working in a skin then that skin has likely got it's own backgrounds which are overriding you custom ones, removing the skin backgrounds folder should re-enable your backgrounds. If the mod isn't working at all with a skin then that skin has it's own version of the file so you'd need to follow the instructions in the second post to manually apply the mod to the skin.

For the custom backgrounds disappearing it's a bug in the game and happens with the default skins so it's not something I can fix.

The author of this skin

said it doesn't support 2d/3d pitch and that I should look for help in her as to how to enable it.

How would I go about that?

8 hours ago, shirajzl said:

The author of this skin

said it doesn't support 2d/3d pitch and that I should look for help in her as to how to enable it.

How would I go about that?

Have a look at the second post in the thread with the manual instructions on adding the code, you don't need to go through all of that as the skinner will have done most of the work for you, you should just need to add back in these lines to the code to get the pitch showing:

<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view -->
<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" comparison_mode="1" value="mpTP" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on trophy presentation -->

Or if you don't want the backgrounds on the match screens and instead want the pitch like default just delete all of the custom code (highlighted in red in the second post) or just rename the file so the game won't read it and should revert it to default (might not work if the skinner has made other changes to that file which the skin needs).

I have been reading through this thread.. if I want the stadium backgrounds to show at all time doing the match screen then I have to play 'only commentary' and hide pitch writing:

<record get_property="sect" test_mode="0" value="hilp" skip_if_null="false"/> <!-- hide on pitch view --

Is that how? Like you wrote to Beano? Is that the only way? Just bought FM18 - I have loads of stadium backgrounds from FM17 copied into FM18/graphics 

@ajoobah Yes if you want the pics to always show then remove that line from the file. The other way to do it if you prefer the widgets over the IBH panel is to use the widgets, instructions are linked further up the thread (should be in my post at the top of this page).

Full Mode version has had a minor update to bring it in line with the patched file, which will hopefully solve the problem of the club backgrounds sometimes disappearing. Download link is in the opening post.

14 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Michael, are you perhaps planning a full skin release with all your mods in place? ;)

You can safely merge my various mods with the Base Skins, (and most custom skins) though if you don't need to do any out of the game modification then you can download skins with them all combined from the Steam Workshop.

One day I may actually release a full skin again, though its fairly time consuming and then tend to get sucked into my save game resulting in me generally using a half built skin for the game :(

Not sure where to look but is this applicable to this years FM? I play only commentary and would like stadium backgrounds during match day?

Also - is there a way of changing the changing room image to a real life changing room image?