[FM18] Bringing Leeds Back

Deacs33

Bringing Leeds Back

Welcome to my career update page, this is the first time I have done something like this but thought I would give it a go and see if anyone was interested. In summary I am going to try and bring Leeds back to the top - I decided on this career after watching the Leeds v Middlesborough game earlier on today and obviously knowing a brief history of the Leeds glory days (Don Revie etc.).

I am about to start my league campaign against Bolton having only signed Joleon Lescott so far. I am still on the lookout for a new Defensive Midfielder and a new Centre Back. 

I will post about my results here (along with highlights) and will start to share tactics etc.

If anyone has any pointers on how I can approach this better then the advice would be welcomed.

Thanks for reading 

First Update

Just to note, I have brought in Ainsley Maitland-Niles on loan from Arsenal. Also the uploading of highlights isn't currently working.

So here are the results so far and a brief note to go with each

Championship - v Bolton (A)

Win 2-0 - (Stuart Dallas, Jay-Roy Grot)

It was a good start to my career at Leeds as we comfortably beat Bolton at their ground, no real trouble but we are missing our main man Pablo Hernandez for the next 4 weeks.

Carabao Cup 1st Rd - v Accrington (A)

Win 2-1 - (Samu Said, Pierre-Michel Lasogga)

We made this game a bit more difficult than we should of but Ainsley Maitland-Niles (On Loan from Arsenal) popped up with a great cross in the dying seconds to allow Lasogga to score a tap in

Championship - v Preston (H)

Win 2-0 - (Eunan O'Kane, Pierre-Michel Lasogga)

This game wasn't too exciting as we dominated from the start and went on to win the game 2-0 with a goal in each half

Championship - v Fulham (H)

Win 2-1 - (Jay-Roy Grot (2))

Best game we have had so far against a decent team in the league as Fulham took the lead in the first half. I brought on Grot with 35 minutes left in the game and he went on to win the game for us

Championship - v Sunderland (A)

Lost 2-0

The most bizarre result we have had and not a game I expected to drop points from to be honest. We didn't have many chances, we hit the crossbar once but one own goal and a goalkeeping howler meant that we lost to a poor Sunderland side without much of a shout

2nd Update

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days - I was called away on a family emergency and was not able to get any FM time in. I have played 6 games since the last update and you can see the results below. 
There is also a screenshot of the table - is there anything else you would like to see for future posts?

Results

Opposition

Result

Scorers

Comments

Bradford City (A) - Carabao Cup 2nd Rd

Won 3-2

Lasogga (3)

A typical cup game with a high amount of changes to the starting 11 but we ended up with a win in the end thanks to a great hat trick from Lasogga

Nottingham Forest (A)

Draw 1-1

Roofe

A game we should of won as Nott Forest sat in the bottom 4 at the time and we dominated the game but failed to finish chance after chance

Burton (H)

Win 5-0

Lasogga (2)
Alioski
O'Kane
Jansson

A dominant performance as to be expected and a goal for Alioski on his return from a long term injury since pre season.

Birmingham (H)

Win 2-0

Lasogga (2)

Two second half goals won us this game as we kept the pressure on at the top of the championship

Millwall (A)

Draw 1-1

Hernandez

This game was very even and could of gone either way but no one could get the 2nd goal

West Ham (A) - Carabao Cup 3rd Rd

Lost 1-0

I put out a strong team for this but was still not hopeful about the result as we played premier league opposition for the first time since I took over Leeds. We gave them a good run for their money as Kouyate got sent off for West Ham and we got more chances than they did but we could not finish any of them and a goal in the last 10 minutes from Chicarito meant that we crashed out the cup in the 3rd round

Table

20171122213212_1.thumb.jpg.a9878579750534bd2dffb64f35f94ad5.jpg

That's a great choice. One of the 'traditional' clubs, always a good idea. Bring them back to where they belong. I still remember I used to have a Lee Sharpe shirt and after that I liked them because Viduka and Kewell sounded like cool names.

Archived