Academy Players Booted for Regens At Start of Game

yellowsweatygorilla

As part of my Canadian Pyramid mod, I added players for all three Canadian MLS team academies (TFC III, Vancouver Whitecaps Residency, Montreal Impact Development). Oddly, at the start of a game, all these players are booted off the team and replaced by regen. These players are then available on free transfer.

Any clue why it's doing this? I don't have add players to playable teams checked. Another hint regarding this problem might be the fact that these teams are part of leagues made playable by the mod. 

Can you check if the other clubs in the same division also get regens created. This happened in lower US leagues in previous versions. Since the regens were too good many of my created players were kicked out. 

Ok, I have no clue what I did, but when I rebooted the game it stopped doing that.  

And to answer the questions, the clubs do have age restrictions, but all the players fit the requirements. None of the other clubs get regens (well, at least not until the following year). Thankfully, the regens are not so much better than the players I've added.

Thanks.

Ahh.. soo much for having it fixed. I have narrowed it down to it only happening when MLS is activated.  It appears all MLS teams generate regens for their academy affiliates at the start of the game.

My frustrating go around is to have the players contracted to TFC II, Whitecaps Prospects, Impact U23, and set a future transfer to 1/1/2017. It works well enough but the game doesn't stop the regens, so the academy teams end up being bloated with players. 

Have you set squad numbers on your players? If not, try that. I seem to remember that was a workaround that kept the players around. 

Obviously you try with a handful of players first to see if it works. 

Archived