Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Carlito85

[FM18] UEFA Revival (Featuring the AFC) 1.5

Recommended Posts

On 18/11/2017 at 16:34, Carlito85 said:

- 2 files are a retro version of the UEFA Champions League (featuring domestic league champions only).

what is the file name that has only the league champions with knockouts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 00:10, PandaBearGrylls said:

what is the file name that has only the league champions with knockouts?

UEFA Revival - UEFA Cup & Champions League (League Champions Only)

The Intertoto Cup and Cup Winners' Cup are also included with these 2 competitions. The file is in the "54 Nations Cup Winners' Cup" folder.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

UEFA Revival - UEFA Cup & Champions League (League Champions Only)

The Intertoto Cup and Cup Winners' Cup are also included with these 2 competitions. The file is in the "54 Nations Cup Winners' Cup" folder.

thanks, i was only looking in the folder "54 Nations Cup Winners' Cup - Comp Winners Qualify Automatically For Following Season". In this file does the champions cup winner qualify for the next season even if they don't win the league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PandaBearGrylls said:

ok, i've loaded that file, and noticed that the 2º knockout has groups. why?

That was to accommodate all 54 nations as opposed to just 32 like the old competition was. The groups are basically qualifiers for the lower ranked nations, and it was the only way I could fit everyone in without creating more fixtures that I didn't have room to make (I had to work around international windows). From the Round of 32 it's a straight knockout format.

Also the winner doesn't automatically qualify for the following year in this file. I wanted to keep it so that each nation only has 1 team, but I don't think there's a way to do that if the winner qualifies for the following year. It would still call the team who has qualified via the league, plus the Champions League winner.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

i found a bug on the champions league and europa league with one group file.

the image below shows the bug that i found that the next ucl starts next year , but the UEL stars normally

what can i do to fix this?

bug.PNG

Edited by Branquinho1997
more text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Branquinho1997 said:

i found a bug on the champions league and europa league with one group file.

the image below shows the bug that i found that the next ucl starts next year , but the UEL stars normally

what can i do to fix this?

bug.PNG

Thanks for the heads up dude. I'll look into that asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's something wrong with at least uefa cup. the draw of the first round is made one day before the game, and i have almost all of my player unregistered to play the uefa cup games. it wasn't available any option to register to the competition.

 

UEFA Cup_ Overview Rules.png

NK Osijek v Lyon_ Lyon Team Selection Overview.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, PandaBearGrylls said:

there's something wrong with at least uefa cup. the draw of the first round is made one day before the game, and i have almost all of my player unregistered to play the uefa cup games. it wasn't available any option to register to the competition.

 

UEFA Cup_ Overview Rules.png

NK Osijek v Lyon_ Lyon Team Selection Overview.png

Which file are you using? I'll double check the dates on that.

Also don't worry about the unregistered thing. There's a bug that keeps popping up with registration rules but you can simply select your match squad and it will automatically register them once you start the match.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, it's the only league champions file. ok, it worked the registration problem, but that's something really odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PandaBearGrylls said:

yes, it's the only league champions file. ok, it worked the registration problem, but that's something really odd. 

I checked the dates for that file and the draw should be taking place on the Friday prior to the first leg. I have no idea why the draw has taken place on a Wednesday in your game either, that's a really strange one. I'll run some testing on it.

The only thing I can think of is that a fixture in the Champions League may have been rescheduled to the Wednesday (15th). Did the draw take place on the Wednesday night? If so then the problem will definitely be because of a fixture being played on the 15th.

@Branquinho1997 I found the problem you've been having. Turns out somehow the fate for that file has been altered (AFC file had the same issue) I must have overlooked it. The really weird thing was that the Champions League didn't schedule for the 2018-19 season, but would schedule again for the 2019-20 season. Anyway I've added the fate back and it fixed the problem.

If you want to fix it quickly for yourself in the mean time, here's what you need to do:

UEFA Champions League - Stage 7-7 (Cup) - Fate Actions
- Qualify Team For Competition, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, UEFA Champions League, 0 (Seeding), Hidden
- Set Continental Cup, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, UEFA Champions League

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2018 at 17:31, Carlito85 said:

I checked the dates for that file and the draw should be taking place on the Friday prior to the first leg. I have no idea why the draw has taken place on a Wednesday in your game either, that's a really strange one. I'll run some testing on it.

The only thing I can think of is that a fixture in the Champions League may have been rescheduled to the Wednesday (15th). Did the draw take place on the Wednesday night? If so then the problem will definitely be because of a fixture being played on the 15th.

@Branquinho1997 I found the problem you've been having. Turns out somehow the fate for that file has been altered (AFC file had the same issue) I must have overlooked it. The really weird thing was that the Champions League didn't schedule for the 2018-19 season, but would schedule again for the 2019-20 season. Anyway I've added the fate back and it fixed the problem.

If you want to fix it quickly for yourself in the mean time, here's what you need to do:

UEFA Champions League - Stage 7-7 (Cup) - Fate Actions
- Qualify Team For Competition, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, UEFA Champions League, 0 (Seeding), Hidden
- Set Continental Cup, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, UEFA Champions League

Can you provide me the fixed file? Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, PandaBearGrylls said:

No, the CL round of 32 draw took place on 27 of july 

Are you using any other files with it? I ran a test on the file you mentioned and it ran without any issues for me. I have no idea why it scheduled the draw on that date for you.

19 hours ago, Branquinho1997 said:

Can you provide me the fixed file? Thanks 

I'll be posting a new update some time over the weekend.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Are you using any other files with it? I ran a test on the file you mentioned and it ran without any issues for me. I have no idea why it scheduled the draw on that date for you.

I'll be posting a new update some time over the weekend.

yes, i'm using a international champions cup file, and max foreign players files. maybe it's the ICC file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PandaBearGrylls said:

yes, i'm using a international champions cup file, and max foreign players files. maybe it's the ICC file.

Yeah that'll be what's causing the issue mate. Most likely it's caused a fixture clash in August, hence the draw being rearranged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you do so a team doesn't play two tournaments in the same year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Yespy13 said:

How do you do so a team doesn't play two tournaments in the same year?

Teams don't compete in 2 tournaments in the same year, at least where they would overlap (FIFA Club World Cup being the exception). Say for example Man Utd won the Champions League or Europa League but finished 5th, they would be in the Champions League while the Europa League spots would be allocated to the runner-up. If the runner-up has already qualified then the place goes to the next highest team in the winner's domestic league.

The Intertoto Cup winner qualifies for the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Europa League or UEFA Cup, depending on which one you use.

Cup Winners' Cup spot goes to 8th place (Premier League) if the FA Cup winner has qualified for Europe already via the league.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 8 horas, Carlito85 dijo:

Teams don't compete in 2 tournaments in the same year, at least where they would overlap (FIFA Club World Cup being the exception). Say for example Man Utd won the Champions League or Europa League but finished 5th, they would be in the Champions League while the Europa League spots would be allocated to the runner-up. If the runner-up has already qualified then the place goes to the next highest team in the winner's domestic league.

The Intertoto Cup winner qualifies for the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Europa League or UEFA Cup, depending on which one you use.

Cup Winners' Cup spot goes to 8th place (Premier League) if the FA Cup winner has qualified for Europe already via the league.

The thing is that when I create my own tournament system, teams qualify for various tournaments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Yespy13 said:

The thing is that when I create my own tournament system, teams qualify for various tournaments.

To ensure that didn't happen on my files I used the "Edited Rules (Overrides all competition rules)" option in the editor. That way only your competition(s) will be available instead of blending in with what was already there.

Only downside right now is that the coefficients don't update with that option.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let you know guys, I'm in the process of working on a new update for this as I've discovered 1 or 2 problems with fixture/draw dates after the first season.

The Netherlands in particular seems to be impacted when activated as playable, but thankfully I've managed to get that tested and sorted so it should work OK now. Just a case of applying that fix to the other 20-something files now lol.

If anyone is experiencing any problems with anything, as always let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is it possible to somehow play Intertoto and CWC with original Champions and Europa League? (Since the original game seems to have the updated rules for Champions and Europa League)

Edited by Mortheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mortheus said:

Is it possible to somehow play Intertoto and CWC with original Champions and Europa League? (Since the original game seems to have the updated rules for Champions and Europa League)

You mean you want the current Champions League/Europa League rules with the Intertoto and CWC? I'll see what I can do, as I'll have to rebuild the comps myself with the Intertoto and CWC winners tying into those competitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

You mean you want the current Champions League/Europa League rules with the Intertoto and CWC? I'll see what I can do, as I'll have to rebuild the comps myself with the Intertoto and CWC winners tying into those competitions.

Exactly. Or you think this is a stupid time-waste idea? Not quite sure right now, but as I'm from a smaller country, then I think that with the current rules, there are more clubs from my nation in the comps, hence more intriguing to see where they will all reach since there is a long way to go. I could also just edit your files if I'd wanted more clubs from my nation, but I actually like if the comps are a little longer (more rounds). Not sure if you understood, but whatever,

The reason I want Intertoto and CWC with the new rules, is mostly because I want more competitions.

Then again, your mod is related to reviving old UEFA tournaments, so maybe its really not worth it. I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Mortheus said:

Exactly. Or you think this is a stupid time-waste idea? Not quite sure right now, but as I'm from a smaller country, then I think that with the current rules, there are more clubs from my nation in the comps, hence more intriguing to see where they will all reach since there is a long way to go. I could also just edit your files if I'd wanted more clubs from my nation, but I actually like if the comps are a little longer (more rounds). Not sure if you understood, but whatever,

The reason I want Intertoto and CWC with the new rules, is mostly because I want more competitions.

Then again, your mod is related to reviving old UEFA tournaments, so maybe its really not worth it. I don't know.

I've been meaning to add a modern version of the Champions League/Europa League qualifiers for a while now, mixed in with the Intertoto and CWC. It's just a case of figuring out how to do it without creating more fixtures (if more are required).

In the mean time there is a version available in the project that is quite close to what those 2 competitions are now, the only difference being the qualifying rounds are more simplified than the current set-up in that there are 3 qualifying rounds in both comps.

The file can be found in the '54 Nations CWC - Comp Winners Automatically Qualify' folder
UEFA Revival - Winners Recalled - Champions League & Europa League (1 Group)

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2018 at 22:56, Yespy13 said:

The thing is that when I create my own tournament system, teams qualify for various tournaments.

 

On 14/05/2018 at 11:04, Carlito85 said:

To ensure that didn't happen on my files I used the "Edited Rules (Overrides all competition rules)" option in the editor. That way only your competition(s) will be available instead of blending in with what was already there.

Only downside right now is that the coefficients don't update with that option.


I think he means, that back in FM17 he created two international competitions where with your files, clubs entered both the international comps and continental cups. As I reversed back to playing FM17, I'm struggling to find a solution, how to disable teams from entering to two competitions. For example, you said that Club World Cup is an exception. Is there any way to make it so, that when club enters Club World Cup, he cannot play continental cups (your UEFA comps)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mortheus said:

 


I think he means, that back in FM17 he created two international competitions where with your files, clubs entered both the international comps and continental cups. As I reversed back to playing FM17, I'm struggling to find a solution, how to disable teams from entering to two competitions. For example, you said that Club World Cup is an exception. Is there any way to make it so, that when club enters Club World Cup, he cannot play continental cups (your UEFA comps)?

If you wanted the teams entering the Club World Cup to not be in any other competition you'd have to set it in the seeding for the teams. Additionally I think you'd have to rebuild the CWC from scratch so that you can determine what teams are grabbed for the competition. Also make sure that the CWC seeding is above the Champions League in the list. That should do it, but if it doesn't I'd be happy to take a look at your file for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
В 14.05.2018 в 11:04, Carlito85 сказал:

To ensure that didn't happen on my files I used the "Edited Rules (Overrides all competition rules)" option in the editor. That way only your competition(s) will be available instead of blending in with what was already there.

Only downside right now is that the coefficients don't update with that option.

Hi, @Carlito85

I'm trying to create my own tournaments (World Champions Cup, World Cup Winners Cup (both - 180 teams) and World League (454 teams)).
I do not understand why, but one of the Spanish teams is participating in two competitions at once: World Cup of Champions and World League. In one save it's Real Madrid, in another - Barcelona.
With teams from other countries, this does not happen. Only Real Madrid or Barcelona.

I used the "Edited Rules (Overrides all competition rules)" option in the editor. What could be the reason? Can I send you my fmf file to testing in PM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cabrini said:

Hi, @Carlito85

I'm trying to create my own tournaments (World Champions Cup, World Cup Winners Cup (both - 180 teams) and World League (454 teams)).
I do not understand why, but one of the Spanish teams is participating in two competitions at once: World Cup of Champions and World League. In one save it's Real Madrid, in another - Barcelona.
With teams from other countries, this does not happen. Only Real Madrid or Barcelona.

I used the "Edited Rules (Overrides all competition rules)" option in the editor. What could be the reason? Can I send you my fmf file to testing in PM?

Does the Cup Winners' Cup have 2 Spanish teams in it? If so, this will be because one of the required nations is missing. This could be due to a fixture date ,or because of that nation's season not having started by the time the CWC in your save starts. Therefore it will grab a top team from the top nation by default (Real/Barca/Bayern etc).

I had the same problem when I activated Ireland as a playable nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 часа назад, Carlito85 сказал:

This could be due to a fixture date ,or because of that nation's season not having started by the time the CWC in your save starts.

Hmm. I did not know that this moment is important. I know that the Spanish Cup finishes earlier than the CWC begins. My CWC starts at July, 04

 

3 часа назад, Carlito85 сказал:

Does the Cup Winners' Cup have 2 Spanish teams in it? If so, this will be because one of the required nations is missing. This could be due to a fixture date ,or because of that nation's season not having started by the time the CWC in your save starts. Therefore it will grab a top team from the top nation by default (Real/Barca/Bayern etc).

I had the same problem when I activated Ireland as a playable nation.

No, my CWC have 1 team from 180 nations. But I'll check whether all selected nations have their own Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cabrini said:

 

Hmm. I did not know that this moment is important. I know that the Spanish Cup finishes earlier than the CWC begins. My CWC starts at July, 04

 

No, my CWC have 1 team from 180 nations. But I'll check whether all selected nations have their own Cup.

I'd recommend checking the first round of fixtures in the CWC (if all teams start at the same round). It's likely that the competition has a flaw in it and Real Madrid or Barcelona are being called in to replace a missing team. It's easily done and I've encountered this myself with the Intertoto Cup before I managed to fix it.

As for the fixture date, the Spanish Cup would need to finish before the new season update day, as well as the cup renewal day. I had this problem with the Netherlands playoffs where they overlapped and as a result Barcelona replaced the team from the Netherlands.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

@Carlito85 will you do these competitions on fm 19?

Yeah I'll be converting everything over once I get the game. Got a few fixture dates I need to fix in 25 of the files, and 1 should be ready to go straight away hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hora atrás, Carlito85 disse:

Yeah I'll be converting everything over once I get the game. Got a few fixture dates I need to fix in 25 of the files, and 1 should be ready to go straight away hopefully.

i have a question , how do i convert my files from fm 18 to fm 19?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Branquinho1997 said:

i have a question , how do i convert my files from fm 18 to fm 19?

Just load your FM18 editor data up in the FM19 editor, save it as a new file, then test it in the game and see what needs adjusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Just load your FM18 editor data up in the FM19 editor, save it as a new file, then test it in the game and see what needs adjusted.

What did you mean with right to go. Is their a version I can use right now? Cant wait to start a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2018 at 13:37, nijode999 said:

What did you mean with right to go. Is their a version I can use right now? Cant wait to start a game

I'll be picking up the game next weekend and getting started on the files. By ready to go I meant that one file has been fully updated for FM18, but then again it may need updated again for FM19. It all depends on where the international breaks are positioned.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/11/2018 at 07:47, Branquinho1997 said:

i have a question , how do i convert my files from fm 18 to fm 19?

make the files .xml format

use export in fm18 editor for each file

then copy those files to fm19 editor folder then import in fm19 editor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 02:05, Carlito85 said:

I'll be picking up the game next weekend and getting started on the files. By ready to go I meant that one file has been fully updated for FM18, but then again it may need updated again for FM19. It all depends on where the international breaks are positioned.

just a heads up mate I have had a little look at editing continental rules(from fresh start) and finding issues once again with fixture rules re squad registration etc if I get them to work the comps dont start if I remove them the comp stats, going to wait until a patch come out just letting you know most things will be fine its the squad registration and fixture rules index where you might hit the buffers mate;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

just a heads up mate I have had a little look at editing continental rules(from fresh start) and finding issues once again with fixture rules re squad registration etc if I get them to work the comps dont start if I remove them the comp stats, going to wait until a patch come out just letting you know most things will be fine its the squad registration and fixture rules index where you might hit the buffers mate;)

Thanks bud, appreciate the heads up.

I'm hoping to get started on converting my files over to FM19 tonight, so in the mean time I think it'll be safest to avoid any registration rules until they finally decide they want to patch out the bugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×