[FM18] UEFA Revival (Featuring the AFC) 1.5

Rs32HZc.png

Hi all! Back for another season with my UEFA Revival project, with quite a list of updates from where I left off in Football Manager 2017.

INTRODUCTION

This is a project that I've been plugging away at, on and off, dating back to Football Manager 2013. It originally started out as a throwback to the 1999-2003 format of the UEFA Champions League which contained 2 group stages, and has since progressed into a full structure where I've managed to find room to bring back the UEFA Intertoto Cup & the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. New from the 6 options available last year, there are now 25 separate UEFA files so you can choose whether you'd like to use the UEFA Europa League, revert back to the UEFA Cup, reinstate the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, have winners qualify for the following season (or not), play a knockout-only version of the tournaments, or choose between 1 or 2 group stages in the UEFA Champions League. Plenty of choice for all.

Additionally, the AFC Champions League has been added as a separate option, and uses the same 2 group stage format as the UEFA Champions League. The AFC Cup also mirrors the UEFA Cup format of 5 teams playing 1 round of matches in the group stage.

JgI61nN.pngRkPeR1A.pngO7dlCzL.png0qn8MPA.pngG5Y9Xwo.pngMnRbpPz.png0Pedya3.pngUAOFJ1q.png
5Bt9fyQ.pngW19Qvtk.pngfs8gPNV.png

**UPDATES**

13/05/2018

- Quick update to one file. Fixed a fate error which prevented the Champions League scheduling in the 2018/19 season
*UEFA Revival - Winners Recalled - Champions League & Europa League (1 Group)*

22/04/2018

- New files galore! 8 new files added to the project
- 2 files are a retro version of the UEFA Champions League (featuring domestic league champions only). 1 is a straight knockout format from the last 32, while the other contains a group stage for the final 8 teams (2 group winners face off in final)
NOTE: These 2 files contain qualifying rounds, one of which consists of a group stage, in order to accommodate all 54 nations in the competition rather than just the top 32 nations
- Additionally there are 6 new files which now allow for competition winners to automatically qualify for the Champions League & UEFA Cup/Europa League in the following season
NOTE: Champions League winners and UEFA Cup/Europa League winners qualify for the Champions League (differing stages), while the Cup Winners' Cup winner qualifies for the UEFA Cup/Europa League
- Amended the disciplinary rules for all files. Yellow card suspensions now occur after 5 bookings (and every 2 thereafter), as opposed to 2/3/4
- Corrected a fate error with the final 16 of the AFC Cup

04/01/2018

- Fixed a fate error in the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League
*UEFA Cup & Champions League (Knockouts & Dropouts)*
- Added 7 new UEFA files to the project with a tweaked UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. The new CWC format features 2 qualifying rounds throughout July/August, in order to accommodate nations 33-54

11/12/2017

- Added a new format option to the project, which contains a knockout-only tournament for both the UEFA Cup & UEFA Champions League
NOTE: This still includes seeded rounds, teams dropping in to the UEFA Cup, and also includes the Intertoto Cup winner getting a UEFA Cup place
- Fixed the issue 100% where the UEFA Champions League won't progress any further than the Group Stage
*Europa League (1 Group Stage) & Champions League (1 Group Stage)*

07/12/2017

- Fixed the Team conditions so stage 4 of the UEFA Champions League will now grab the winners/runners-up of the Group Stage for the Round of 16
*Europa League (1 Group Stage) & Champions League (1 Group Stage)*
*Europa League (2 Group Stages) & Champions League (1 Group Stage)*

18/11/2017

- Added Kosovo to the UEFA rankings, taking the total up to 54 nations
- Added 3 new files, which allow for a 1 Group Stage version of the UEFA Champions League (These all contain the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup)
- Adjusted the UEFA Intertoto Cup fixture dates to avoid international matches in mid-June
- Adjusted UEFA Champions League fixture dates to avoid international matches in mid-November and late March
- Adjusted UEFA Europa League fixture dates to avoid international matches in mid-November and late March
- Adjusted UEFA Cup fixture dates to avoid international matches in mid-November and late March
- Adjusted UEFA Cup Winners' Cup fixture dates to avoid international matches in mid-November and late March
- Adjusted AFC Champions League fixture dates to avoid international matches in mid-November and late March
- Adjusted AFC Cup fixture dates to avoid international matches in mid-November and late March

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FORMAT (1 GROUP STAGE)

- 3 qualifying rounds, each containing 32 teams

- 16 teams enter at the Third Qualifying Round, those being 2 teams from nations 1-6, and 1 team from nations 7-10

- The 16 losing teams in the Third Qualifying Round will drop into the First Round of the UEFA Cup, or the Qualification Playoff Round of the Europa League

- 16 league winners and runners up enter at the Group Stage, along with the 16 winners of the Third Qualifying Round

- The Group Stage contains 32 teams

- Depending on the file, 8 third-placed teams will drop out of the Group Stage and into the Round of 32 (UEFA Cup), First Knockout Round or Second Group Phase (Europa League)

- 16 teams progress to the Knockout Rounds

- Knockout Rounds begin at the Round of 16, with 2 legs in each round leading to the Final

- Matches divided equally between Tuesdays and Wednesdays

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Golden Boot & Dream Team

UEFA / AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FORMAT (2 GROUP STAGES)

- 3 qualifying rounds, each containing 32 teams

- 16 teams enter at the Third Qualifying Round, those being 2 teams from nations 1-6, and 1 team from nations 7-10

- The 16 losing teams in the Third Qualifying Round will drop into the First Round of the UEFA Cup, or the Qualification Playoff Round of the Europa League

- 16 league winners and runners up enter at the First Group Phase, along with the 16 winners of the Third Qualifying Round

- The First Group Phase contains 32 teams

- Depending on the file, 8 third-placed teams will drop out of the First Group Phase and into the Round of 32 (UEFA Cup), First Knockout Round or Second Group Phase (Europa League)

- 16 teams progress to the Second Group Phase

- Knockout Rounds begin at the Quarter Finals, with 2 legs in the Quarters and Semi Finals

- Matches divided equally between Tuesdays and Wednesdays

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Golden Boot & Dream Team

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE FORMAT (2 GROUP STAGES)

- 3 qualifying rounds, with the first 2 containing 24 teams, and the Qualification Playoff Round containing 64 teams

- The Second Qualifying Round adds the most recent winner of the UEFA Intertoto Cup

- Highest seeds enter at the Qualification Playoff Round, with 32 winners progressing to the First Group Phase

- 16 of these teams will be the losing teams from the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League

- The First Group Phase contains 32 teams

- 8 teams progress to the Second Group Phase, where they will be joined by 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the UEFA Champions League

- Knockout Rounds begin at the Quarter Finals, with 2 legs in the Quarters and Semi Finals

- All matches take place on Thursdays at the same time

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE FORMAT (1 GROUP STAGE)

- 3 qualifying rounds, with the first 2 containing 24 teams, and the Qualification Playoff Round containing 96 teams

- The Second Qualifying Round adds the most recent winner of the UEFA Intertoto Cup

- Highest seeds enter at the Qualification Playoff Round, with 48 winners progressing to the Group Stage

- 16 of these teams will be the losing teams from the Third Qualifying Round of the UEFA Champions League

- The Group Stage contains 48 teams, which are thrown into 12 groups of 4

- 24 teams progress to the First Knockout Round, where they will be joined by 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the UEFA Champions League

- 32 teams will then compete in 2-legged ties for the First Knockout Round, followed by the Second Knockout Round for the final 16, Quarter Final, Semi- Final, and the Final

UEFA / AFC CUP FORMAT

- 2 qualifying rounds, with both containing 24 teams

- Highest seeds enter at the First Round, which contains 80 teams. 40 winners progress to the Group Stage

- The Group Stage contains 40 teams, which are thrown into 8 groups of 5 with 1 round of games played

- 24 teams progress to the Round of 32, where they will be joined by the 8 third-placed teams from the First Group Phase of the Champions League

- The winning teams will then progress to the Round of 16, and following that, the Quarter Finals through to the Final

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Top Goalscorer & Dream Team

UEFA INTERTOTO CUP FORMAT

- Competition begins in mid-June

- 64 teams will start out in the First Round, which contains 2 legs

- 32 winning teams will progress to a Group Stage, which has 1 round of matches

- From there it is a straight knockout (1 match per round, Extra Time & Penalties if needed) from the Quarter Finals through to the Final

- The UEFA Intertoto Cup (singular) winner will then qualify for the Second Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup / Europa League

- Matches take place on Thursdays and Sundays

- Competition awards include Goal of the Tournament, Player of the Tournament, Top Goalscorer & Dream Team

UEFA CUP WINNERS' CUP FORMAT

- There are 5 rounds in the tournament (no qualifiers). Therefore 32 teams from the top 32 nations begin in the First Round and are drawn against each other at random

- The tournament is a straight two-legged knockout for each round all the way until the final

- If the cup winner for that Nation is in the Champions League or Europa League, then the runner-up will replace them. Failing that, the spot will then go to the next highest placed team in the league

- Matches take place on Wednesdays and Thursdays

- Just like I have set it in every other competition, the winner is not automatically entered to defend their crown for the following year

UEFA / AFC SUPER CUP

- This remains unchanged

**NOTES**

- If you are starting a new game and controlling a team that is competing in the UEFA Intertoto Cup, you will have to add France as a playable nation, as it allows you to start the game at June 12th.

- The nation rankings are slightly customized to allocate qualification spots, so a couple of teams have been moved up/down in the rankings for personal preference. You can always change the order in your editor ahead of starting a new game if you wish.

- *AVOID* activating Northern Ireland as a playable nation, unless you have a custom league structure for it. Their domestic playoffs have an issue when calling the correct teams and their season doesn't finish. As a result, no teams qualify for the UEFA competitions when the nation is activated and playable.

- If your game is displaying the default names for the competitions (i.e. Champions Cup or EURO VASE etc), try downloading the 'Susie Real Names Fix':

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/35729/fm2018-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Drop the files into the corresponding locations:

Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2018 > editor data
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2018 > graphics > pictures > trophies
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2018 > graphics > pictures > logos > competitions > normal
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2018 > graphics > pictures > logos > competitions > small
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2018 > graphics > backgrounds > competitions

CREDITS

I'd like to give thanks to those who have helped me out when it came to getting this file off the ground, such as KingRobbo, Freddie Sands, krlenjushka and KUBI, as well as anyone else who was kind enough to chip in along the way. Your help is much appreciated, and I couldn't have gotten this project completed without all of you.

Additionally I'd like to give a big thank you, with all credits going to the original creators for the following items which have been provided with this download:

Background Images = UEFA/AFC, and all other original creators
UEFA & AFC Metallic Competition Logos = kremmen, and all other contributors from Sortitoutsi
UEFA & AFC Trophies = DAZS8, and anyone else that may have contributed

----------------------------------------

Download the metallic logos megapack by kremmen, and all other contributors from Sortitoutsi here:
https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

Download the trophies megapack by DAZS8 here:
http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm17-trophies-megapack.html

Hopefully this will run without any major hiccups. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read and download. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ea7y2dadpr32rna/UEFA_Revival_2018_-_1.5.rar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Yespy13 said:

Do nation rankings change each year or is it mantained the same forever?

Nation rankings don't change unfortunately, as coefficients still don't work with Edited Rules. I wish they'd fix that but unless they patch it in there's not much I can do to get everything running properly with coefficients on.

7 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Nation rankings don't change unfortunately, as coefficients still don't work with Edited Rules. I wish they'd fix that but unless they patch it in there's not much I can do to get everything running properly with coefficients on.

And if you guys want to see this option in next fm - like this post.

Maybe SI decide to add this option...

just a heads up to users too re this bug it has been around for a few years on/off makes game pretty pointless if neymar etc isnt getting picked for UCL squad.....

there is a workaround thankfully using an IGE  so check squads on submission date to counter it

I am just starting FM18 using custom start date to include real results and checked all top teams no one picked a full squad of 25:( and some left major players out(not injured/banned /ineligible etc) like Neymr at PSG who picked a 23 man squad so 2 places empty and no Neymar picked :mad:

15 minutes ago, SItom said:

Hey Carlito, would it be possible to create Championsleague and UEFA Cup in only knockout mode without group stages?

Yeah I've been thinking about adding that as an extra option to the project for a while now. I'll 100% get that done for the next update.

Hey , i talked to you on fmscout about the champions league get stuck on group stage , did you fix that?

Now i´ve used another file that is the uefa champions league and the uefa cup and i cant register any player for the champions league .

When i have a game i have to go on holiday because i cant register a player for the champions league

do you know what it may be?

33 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

Hey , i talked to you on fmscout about the champions league get stuck on group stage , did you fix that?

Now i´ve used another file that is the uefa champions league and the uefa cup and i cant register any player for the champions league .

When i have a game i have to go on holiday because i cant register a player for the champions league

do you know what it may be?

I noticed that was a problem when I started with my own save, and it's something I'm looking into. I'd managed to get it working for the final version in FM2017 so I'm not sure why it hasn't carried over this year.

You can still play matches however, as it will register the squad you pick going into the match.

4 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

I noticed that was a problem when I started with my own save, and it's something I'm looking into. I'd managed to get it working for the final version in FM2017 so I'm not sure why it hasn't carried over this year.

I see ,lets us know when you have an update , thanks for the explanation 

1 hour ago, Carlito85 said:

You can still play matches however, as it will register the squad you pick going into the match.

i think i found a solution for this problem , can you use the same squad rules that the uefa cup uses into the champions league? played a game right now on the uefa cup and i didnt need to register the players and the match was perfect , but on the champions league it had to go on holiday...

4 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

i think i found a solution for this problem , can you use the same squad rules that the uefa cup uses into the champions league? played a game right now on the uefa cup and i didnt need to register the players and the match was perfect , but on the champions league it had to go on holiday...

Both competitions have the same rules applied already.

18 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Both competitions have the same rules applied already.

if what are you telling me is correct  why didnt i have problems on the uefa cup , and on the champions league i had to go on holiday for the match to go on?

And can you investigate that bug/error /possibility?

35 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

if what are you telling me is correct  why didnt i have problems on the uefa cup , and on the champions league i had to go on holiday for the match to go on?

And can you investigate that bug/error /possibility?

It sounds like a bug in all honesty, which has been a regular occurrence in relation to the squad registration every couple of years.

10 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

It sounds like a bug in all honesty, which has been a regular occurrence in relation to the squad registration every couple of years.

i understand . No problem , i´ll find a way to cross over that error/bug.

btw is this file (UEFA Revival - Europa League (1 Group Stage) & Champions League (1 Group Stage) fixed getting stuck on the group stage?

On 12/9/2017 at 12:37, Branquinho1997 said:

i understand . No problem , i´ll find a way to cross over that error/bug.

btw is this file (UEFA Revival - Europa League (1 Group Stage) & Champions League (1 Group Stage) fixed getting stuck on the group stage?

Yeah I've gotten that covered and it'll be released in the next update.

6 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

Carlito is it possible to export this database for FM2017 Editor?? Can you try it??

I don't think it's possible to export backwards because of new features etc, but I also released this project for FM17 if you want to use that.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would be interested in seeing this UEFA structure implemented for a merger between the CONCACAF & CONMEBOL?

- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Champions League
- American Confederations Cup
- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Cup Winners' Cup
- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Inter-nations Trophy
- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Super Cup

The competition names are open to suggestion, but if it's something enough people would like then I may get that done for a potential update.

I'm also planning to add a whole new batch of options for the UEFA section in addition to what I've provided already, which would allow for competitions to grab last season's winners (provided SI can fix a specific bug within the editor)

UEFA Champions League = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Champions League Group Stage / First Phase Group Stage / First Round
UEFA Europa League / UEFA Cup = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Champions League Group Stage / First Phase Group Stage / First Round
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Europa League Qualification Playoff Round, or alternatively next season's UEFA Cup First Round
UEFA Intertoto Cup = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Europa League / UEFA Cup Second Qualifying Round

On 19/12/2017 at 06:14, Carlito85 said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you would be interested in seeing this UEFA structure implemented for a merger between the CONCACAF & CONMEBOL?

- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Champions League
- American Confederations Cup
- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Cup Winners' Cup
- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Inter-nations Trophy
- CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Super Cup

The competition names are open to suggestion, but if it's something enough people would like then I may get that done for a potential update.

I'm also planning to add a whole new batch of options for the UEFA section in addition to what I've provided already, which would allow for competitions to grab last season's winners (provided SI can fix a specific bug within the editor)

UEFA Champions League = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Champions League Group Stage / First Phase Group Stage / First Round
UEFA Europa League / UEFA Cup = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Champions League Group Stage / First Phase Group Stage / First Round
UEFA Cup Winners' Cup = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Europa League Qualification Playoff Round, or alternatively next season's UEFA Cup First Round
UEFA Intertoto Cup = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Europa League / UEFA Cup Second Qualifying Round

This part is interesting , go on ----> (UEFA Champions League = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Champions League Group Stage / First Phase Group Stage / First Round
UEFA Intertoto Cup = Winner qualifies for next season's UEFA Europa League / UEFA Cup Second Qualifying Round).

I dont have much opinion on the concacaf because i dont play but seems a good ideia :D

@Carlito85 i have checked that this file (UEFA Revival - Europa League (2 Group Stages) & Champions League (1 Group Stage) in my save skips one year of competition and europa league gets stuck on the second round ...

Do you want me to send you my save and editor data file?

Football Manager 2018 Screenshot 2017.12.24 - 13.05.36.52.png

Football Manager 2018 Screenshot 2017.12.24 - 13.05.52.27.png

UEFA Revival - Europa League (2 Group Stages) & Champions League (1 Group Stage).fmf

59 minutes ago, Branquinho1997 said:

@Carlito85 i have checked that this file (UEFA Revival - Europa League (2 Group Stages) & Champions League (1 Group Stage) in my save skips one year of competition and europa league gets stuck on the second round ...

Do you want me to send you my save and editor data file?

Football Manager 2018 Screenshot 2017.12.24 - 13.05.36.52.png

Football Manager 2018 Screenshot 2017.12.24 - 13.05.52.27.png

UEFA Revival - Europa League (2 Group Stages) & Champions League (1 Group Stage).fmf

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at it some time through the week.

Hello, I have a problem with the graphics of the UEFA Cup. The logos do not show up so I just have the generic logo and background. The Cup Winners' Cup and Intertoto Cup logos and backgrounds show up fine, so I am confused at to why the UEFA Cup logos do not show up.

UEFA Cup.jpg

8 minutes ago, atf17 said:

Hello, I have a problem with the graphics of the UEFA Cup. The logos do not show up so I just have the generic logo and background. The Cup Winners' Cup and Intertoto Cup logos and backgrounds show up fine, so I am confused at to why the UEFA Cup logos do not show up.

UEFA Cup.jpg

Hmm that's a strange one. Try going into preferences and switching on "show screen ID's in Title Bar to assist skinning" to make sure they match up. They should, but it's just to double check. I had to make a copy of the Europa League and give it a new coat of paint for the UEFA Cup so it may for some reason be using the Europa ID.

12 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Hmm that's a strange one. Try going into preferences and switching on "show screen ID's in Title Bar to assist skinning" to make sure they match up. They should, but it's just to double check. I had to make a copy of the Europa League and give it a new coat of paint for the UEFA Cup so it may for some reason be using the Europa ID.

I had the same issue on 2017 too.

Edit: The ID is 100000024.

Edit: I changed the ID in the config and it works now

4 minutes ago, atf17 said:

I had the same isssue on 2017 too.

The UEFA Cup competition ID should be "100000030". If it reads different in your game it would be a case of changing the line of code in the configs, along with the files that contain the ID (trophy and logos)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb velmaxy:

using the Uefa Cup and champions league i cant register players on the uefa cup or the champions league

You should rise this in the editor bugs forum.

2 minutes ago, velmaxy said:

using the Uefa Cup and champions league i cant register players on the uefa cup or the champions league

ye but its uefa-revival file edit by Carlito, and i like  to talk vs carlito about problem ,and to find way solved this...

Yeah that's definitely a bug. It was an issue last year as well before the patch came out. I managed to get it fixed by working with Kingrobbo on it but once FM18 was released, the bug was there again.

While it says the players are unregistered, you can still continue into the match and it'll register your squad automatically.

20 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Have you tried doing a test run in a separate save? I have no idea what caused it to bug out in your game but as I mentioned it worked fine when I tested it up to 2020.

i will test it out and see if it runs smooth , and after that i will provide some feedback :D

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Forest said:

is there a straight knockout round in the Champions League? (without Group Stage)

Would be interesting, so only the Champions from countries would participate

cheers

There is a straight knockout version titled UEFA Revival - UEFA Cup & Champions League (Knockouts & Dropouts) but it includes the same number of teams from each nation as the other files (i.e. top 4 for England etc).

I am working towards including a champions only version for a future update though.

On 16/02/2018 at 16:02, Carlito85 said:

No problem.

I'm using the FLUT skin.

Hey Carlito85 Can You Make
UEFA Cup + Intertoto Cup 3 Teams 

UEFA Cup + Intertoto Cup 11 Teams

Winners From UEFA Cup Going To Champions League

Winners From UEFA Europa League Going To Champions League

Winners From Champions League Goign To Pot 1

And Real Dates And Fixtures From All European Competions

1 hour ago, LazgoNNO2000 said:

Hey Carlito85 Can You Make
UEFA Cup + Intertoto Cup 3 Teams 

UEFA Cup + Intertoto Cup 11 Teams

Winners From UEFA Cup Going To Champions League

Winners From UEFA Europa League Going To Champions League

Winners From Champions League Goign To Pot 1

And Real Dates And Fixtures From All European Competions

No can do. Sorry.

As I've told you before, I tried making the competition with 11 teams qualifying for UEFA Cup/Europa League, and then 3, but it doesn't work. The game can only pick 1 winner from the Intertoto Cup for the competition to recognize a winner each year.

Winners going from UEFA Cup into Champions League is bugged and has been for years unfortunately. I've submitted a file to SI in the hope it can be fixed soon.

As for the dates and fixtures, they are already as accurate as they can be. I'm not sure why you keep asking me to change these. The fixtures are built around the international breaks, and if I cut into them you won't have any players available.

Archived