Sports Interactive Community

Okay please try reading and following the instructions below:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay please try reading and following the instructions below:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I'm not sure why this thread is titled can't launch game. I've never had an issue launching the game. My problem is random crashes. FM 2018 v18.1.2.1043463 (2017.11.18 23.08.29) Thats what the latest one says and my other one said FM 2018 v18.1.1.1040315 (2017.11.16 21.04.22)

When you quit last and this error appeared,  can you remember what screen you were on at the time when you saved and quit? 

49 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

When you quit last and this error appeared,  can you remember what screen you were on at the time when you saved and quit? 

I always save and quit in the team selection screen before a match begins so when I come back I can play a game right away.

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay thanks for this, we'll try and reproduce this internally with your information.

I also notice the game crashes when I save the game, then move to a few different screens then click exit and save the game again, maybe every time(without continuing the game, just continuing the game but going to different screens). So thats something I'm sure you guys can replicate with ease. 

That it's related to the layout/design of a screen, but we don't know which screen it is or why it's happening, so any information you can provide would certainly be useful.

Let us know if you notice any kind of trend. 

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

That it's related to the layout/design of a screen, but we don't know which screen it is or why it's happening, so any information you can provide would certainly be useful.

Let us know if you notice any kind of trend. 

Thanks. 

It has to be the team selection screen before a match. I always get to that point when I save my games and exit. 

So the tactics screen? Have you added any custom columns on the screen? What view are you using via the dropdown? (Say Selection Info, Reports, Fitness etc)? 

Yeah it's the tactics screen(selection info). I haven't noticed random crashes anymore to be honest, but one crash that seems to be consistent is when I save my game at the tactics screen then move to any other new screen then try to exit the game and this usually triggers a crash when the game asks me if want to save my game(of course there have been no changes made to the game, but the game still asks me to save, and that seems to trigger a crash when i click yes to save game even though the games already been saved)

Also one thing I'm thinking about is, could the crashes be triggered because I had to adjust my screen resolution from 1920 X 1080 to 1842 X 1036? Could adding a graphics card cause crashes? All my graphics cards drivers are up to date also how do you go about using custom logos and skins if these cause the game to crash? 

Edited by FootballManager89

Okay the issue with saving and exiting is one we're aware of and are investigating. Just to be clear, that's the only crash you have currently? 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay the issue with saving and exiting is one we're aware of and are investigating. Just to be clear, that's the only crash you have currently? 

Yes it seems the random crashing even during matches has stopped. I even added back my custom graphics with no crashes other than the save related one. I think this is odd though because there was no update since this problem occurred.

Edited by FootballManager89

Okay thanks for the clarification, as said we're investigating and will look to address it in our next update. No exact date on when that'll be just yet, but hopefully relatively soon.