Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
orion318

FM slows down internet connection

Hey guys,

I am testing out the open demo of the game and everytime i turn the game on internet speeds grinds to a halt. I mean i go from 100-300MB/s to 10-30...
Is this a know bug/issue? Being fixed?
I am always watching something online while playing FM and this puts me off buying the game :/

The game is a high intensity application so I would imagine it depends on the system as to what else you can do at the same time. I'm surprised your internet is slower though. How are you taking this reading? 

Speedtest (http://beta.speedtest.net/). I have head other players complaining of the same thing.
For example it is impossible to stream video from the web while running the game.
Should be easy to replicate in office. The speed drops to 10% while running the game and picks up imediatley when the game closes.

We were discussing if it could be Denuvo trying to to the security checks...but in my case it is the demo I have the issue with so it doesn't make a lot of sense. I also wondered if it could be in the game adversiting but it's not a new thing and on FM17 it didn't drag the internet connection.

Edited by orion318

Hey Neil. Only had time to properly try this out today.

Well after extensive testing it doesn't help at all. The connection drops so much that even typing this answer (while the game is running and steam is offline) is laggin all over. Even the speedtest site has trouble loading. :/

Edited by orion318

Just windows defender.

it is quite annoying.. i have given up all together on the game because of this. :/

Edited by orion318

Helloooo

Did this ever get sorted?

I have the same issue with FM18 slowing my internet (mostly when playing the matches)

Thanks