Sports Interactive Community
Jimi2Shoes

Wage limit from board

I am having an issue with the board only allowing me a maximum weekly wages of £120k even though I’ve a lot of money in the bank and lots of money in wages. Any others experiencing the same issues? Any fixes? 

Yep - same here. My maximum wage budget is set at £210k but when I try to negotiate for a player it only lets me go to £120k.

72F5FC7E-96FE-444B-9C5B-B3222C2E2030.png

A2615F46-F722-4BE0-B3DA-F32702ABCAEA.png

Edited by sonnyjames

This game is actually becoming unplayable right now. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and can’t sign a decent player because the wages are so low. Please fix this problem ASAP. 

I've stopped playing until they properly patch it. I expect games to require tweaks as people play them, but the issues that are appearing would have been evident if one person had actually tested the game for three or four days before release. Perhaps a £500-£1,000 job. It was obviously not ready and now the paying customer is doing the user testing for free. Really poor. Perhaps all the attention was poured into the full game/FM Touch?

9 hours ago, sonnyjames said:

I've stopped playing until they properly patch it. I expect games to require tweaks as people play them, but the issues that are appearing would have been evident if one person had actually tested the game for three or four days before release. Perhaps a £500-£1,000 job. It was obviously not ready and now the paying customer is doing the user testing for free. Really poor. Perhaps all the attention was poured into the full game/FM Touch?

To be fair, a lot of testing were put into this. But I understand the frustration. Weirdly enough, I don't have any issues at all in regards to wage budget.

On 11/17/2017 at 23:32, sonnyjames said:

Yep - same here. My maximum wage budget is set at £210k but when I try to negotiate for a player it only lets me go to £120k.

72F5FC7E-96FE-444B-9C5B-B3222C2E2030.png

A2615F46-F722-4BE0-B3DA-F32702ABCAEA.png

Do you have a save currently showing this, please? Not seeing this internally at present. The board can restrict wages below the maximum if they feel the player isn't worth it but that seems unlikely in this particular circumstance,

Having the same issue.  Normally happens when a player is not interested in joining, but in previous versions you could throw money at them as sometimes they change their mind...     in this case you can’t even try that cause the board limits.   Seem to be having the same issue on some contract renewals which is more fraustrating. 

5537BE08-53FA-4A65-8832-00CEAF79641B.png

FEDBCE27-A1FD-42A1-98E1-D17116B0021D.png

Edited by Jupe
Added screen shots

On 11/25/2017 at 21:56, Jupe said:

Having the same issue.  Normally happens when a player is not interested in joining, but in previous versions you could throw money at them as sometimes they change their mind...     in this case you can’t even try that cause the board limits.   Seem to be having the same issue on some contract renewals which is more fraustrating. 

5537BE08-53FA-4A65-8832-00CEAF79641B.png

FEDBCE27-A1FD-42A1-98E1-D17116B0021D.png

Can you send us a save for this, please?

On 27/11/2017 at 14:47, Alari Naylor said:

Can you send us a save for this, please?

Hi Alari,

thanks for replying, I only remembered to look back as this is still happening and is hampering my enthusiasm to play it.   Board are limiting me to £175k for Neymar when I could go to £475k.... 

looking at the method posted online to send files it could be challenging as I don’t have a laptop with ITunes...   

if there is a way to transfer the save direct from IOS let me know otherwise i’m afriad it might be a while till I can help.. 

On 12/7/2017 at 09:48, Jupe said:

Hi Alari,

thanks for replying, I only remembered to look back as this is still happening and is hampering my enthusiasm to play it.   Board are limiting me to £175k for Neymar when I could go to £475k.... 

looking at the method posted online to send files it could be challenging as I don’t have a laptop with ITunes...   

if there is a way to transfer the save direct from IOS let me know otherwise i’m afriad it might be a while till I can help.. 

Unfortunately there isn't another method for iOS devices, do let us know if you get near a computer with iTunes as this would be a very useful one to have.

Hi,

I'm having the same issues as the OP. I'm in my 3rd season, English and Spanish Leagues on Android. It's getting a tad frustrating. Happy to upload save game of you have a link to a guide.

Cheers,

QLN

Screenshot_20171224-161010-1480x720.jpg

Screenshot_20171224-160948-1480x720.jpg

I’m having the same issue - board keep restricting wages, even when trying to purchase top players in the game and I have significant funds available - again think I might struggle to send a save however.

6FEE1E52-8947-474D-B03A-EA026CDFCFAC.png

ED588D42-0746-4125-B9F1-10D2A833021E.png

Still not fixed in 9.1 unfortunately and transfer system still not making a lot of sense... a player just rejected 100k a week from my club and signed for a smaller club in the same division for 40k a week.. 

Any update on this?

Trying to negotiate with a player who wants half the maximum wage I can offer, I’m 50% of wage budget yet board restricting wages?

@Alari Naylor any update ? Waited 3 months and nothing...I have 184mil in bank, 3.5mil wage budget but cant offer more than 140k to Thomas Lemar and many more good player because of this issue...max wage allowed is 275k p/w...

Please in future FMM, let us set squad status when offering contract...

I've deleted the save but willing to try recreate it as it has happen about 5 times now in 3 different saves (with Arsenal, Arsenal and Bournemouth) so should be easy to recreate!

We think we have a good example of this internally now and are continuing to investigate. Any more saves would be very helpful though.

Did anyone do a beta test for FMM 8? Seems there are a million major functional issues that would have been picked up by any beta test crew of size and scope.