Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
urgeboks

Mouse moving on its own

Never experienced this before. Some times when i go back to game after using my browser or whatever, the mouse starts moving left or downwards and theres nothing i can do to stop it. As soon as i ALT+TAB back to desktop it goes away, but starts again when going back to FM. All my drivers are up to date. Never ever experienced this on any games except from FM18. Any ideas?

Edit: Now it happens everytime i start FM. So its basically unplayable.

What mouse device do you use ? I have the same issue. Already posted here. One or two screens ?

post your hw and as setting. Maybe we can nail it down. 

25 minutes ago, ExciterFl said:

What mouse device do you use ? I have the same issue. Already posted here. One or two screens ?

post your hw and as setting. Maybe we can nail it down. 

Using the Steelseries 300, one screen.

I tried changing USB ports and looks like it works so far.

Will post back if that changes.

Thanks

Yeah we've had a couple of users raise this issue with specific mice. @urgeboks let us know how you get on with your different USB port.

Thanks. 

How long are you in-game generally before it starts happening? Is there any kind of trigger/screen that you've noticed? 

On 23.11.2017 at 14:28, Neil Brock said:

How long are you in-game generally before it starts happening? Is there any kind of trigger/screen that you've noticed? 

Game had been running for around 6-7 hours before it happened. I might have minimized the game and then went back and it happened. Cant remember 100% though.

When it happened yesterday i tried closing the game and open it again, but the mouse started moving immediately. To resolve the problem i had to reboot my pc.

Edited by urgeboks

Is there anything which happens every time it occurs? So say does it only happen if you minimise out of the game? Do you run the game in Windowed mode and the issue occurs? Or does it happen in Full Screen only? 

On 27/11/2017 at 08:08, Neil Brock said:

Is there anything which happens every time it occurs? So say does it only happen if you minimise out of the game? Do you run the game in Windowed mode and the issue occurs? Or does it happen in Full Screen only? 

Hello, since there is no final conclusion here, I'm going avoid create a new topic about this and say here, since I'm having the same problem.

I play at window mode, idk about the fullscreen mode since I don't have at full window for the past 6 FMs or so.

1 hour ago, Ketsura said:

Hello, since there is no final conclusion here, I'm going avoid create a new topic about this and say here, since I'm having the same problem.

I play at window mode, idk about the fullscreen mode since I don't have at full window for the past 6 FMs or so.

Do you have any kind of controller plugged in to your system (other than the mouse of course)? If so, if you remove it do you still have the same issue?

This is something I've started noticing in the last few weeks too. I've had three or four instances of the mouse moving down and to the left as soon as the cursor appears after the intro graphics, stopping once I alt-tab out. Nothing apart from FM is affected, and FM is affected every time I start it until I do a system reset. Today, though, I had a different problem: anywhere that can be scrolled with the mouse wheel (inbox, player list on the tactics screen, etc) started scrolling down by itself as soon as I moved the mouse over it. Restarting the game fixed it temporarily, but it game back during the first match that I played afterwards. I haven't done a system reset yet to see if that fixes it, although I will after posting and will come back with an update. I'm using a Logitech G402 mouse and I do have an XBox 360 controller plugged in as well, but it's always been plugged in even when i haven't had any issues.

Edit: System reset seems to have fixed it, menus all fine and completed a match with no problems.

Edited by Colbert

Okay if you disable controller use for FM you won't encounter this issue at any point in the future. Details on how to do this below:

- Launch Steam with the controller plugged in and switch to 'Big Picture Mode' (click the controller icon near the top right-hand corner of Steam).
- Once in big picture mode, go to Library and click on FM2018
- From the left panel, select 'Manage Game'
- Listed within the preferences will be 'Controller Options', so within here disable the controller
- Once this is done, confirm your changes and exit Big Picture Mode