Jump to content

[FM18] Full Maltese League file v2.0 [released 12/03/2018]


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Peter G said:

I'm assuming last years file doesn't work this year. Not quite au fait on the "bringing files across" thing.

Editor data files very rarely work from one version of the game to another, for a variety of reasons, so I'm afraid it's not possible. Fret not, however, I am hoping to release it in the next couple of days ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work Mons as always. So what has been added from the real database and can't derbies and other stuff etc be added to the proper DB so that you don't have to add them every year ??

Edited by cel1234
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Great work Mons as always. So what has been added from the real database and can't derbies and other stuff etc be added to the proper DB so that you don't have to add them every year ??

I've tweaked and edited plenty of stuff from the real database, such as transfers after the data submission cut-off date, kits, balancing player CA/PA etc. The derby stuff, and other things such as awards etc., aren't really major enough imo to justify them being added to the actual FM database, especially in view of the fact it's a non-playable league at the end of the day.

 

To be honest, it's not that big a deal for me. I have a base file containing the league structure and also includes awards, derbies etc. In addition to it, I have separate editor data files for each division creating and editing players not in the FM database, for edits to data already in the game, for referees etc. Once ready, it's just a question of merging everything together.

 

This gives me the flexibility of being able to modify files from one version of the file to the next (even within the same FM) and hopefully lessens the possibility of corruption to a single entry affecting the whole project.

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is cool! thanks!

 

When you start a new game, you will be asked to choose one of the 2 Maltese files. The file named FM18 Malta v1.0.fmf will give you the regular Maltese data, while the FM18 Malta v1.0 professionals.fmf file will see all the clubs set as professional to allow a wider choice of foreign players and giving you a better chance to progress in your career.

 

but what does that mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jhonnymac said:

this is cool! thanks!

 

When you start a new game, you will be asked to choose one of the 2 Maltese files. The file named FM18 Malta v1.0.fmf will give you the regular Maltese data, while the FM18 Malta v1.0 professionals.fmf file will see all the clubs set as professional to allow a wider choice of foreign players and giving you a better chance to progress in your career.

 

but what does that mean?

Maltese clubs are technically semi-professional in real-life. In all 6 of the playable divisions, foreign players are engaged almost always as full-time players, with a number of local players also receiving remuneration. The amount of players receiving a wage and the amount of that wage obviously depends on the budget and the level of the club. The first file realistically provides all this.

 

In FM, however, one of the drawbacks of being semi-professional is that it is very unlikely for a foreign player to join your club unless he is considered by the game as based in Malta, i.e. having had his last active spell at a Maltese club. This is not realistic in the sense that irl new foreigners come and go at all levels of the football pyramid and far from all of them were Malta-based before signing irl. Additionally, the likelihood of player movement between semi-pro clubs in FM is quite low due to the lower finance level of semi-pro clubs in FM when compared to the pros, and this is also not realistic. Moreover, the overall wages paid by the top Maltese clubs irl are not that far off being similar to lower-league professional clubs elsewhere. The second file sets all the clubs as professional in status with the intention of overcoming these issues. You have to remember that the transfer market in FM is not really built to cater for the particular specific realities of Maltese football, after all, and tweaking the realism of this patch by this workaround allows a half-way house from the ultra-realism in the first file. Finally, this change was also requested by a number of members on the FM Malta fan club page and I thought it only fair to provide them with it - it's only half a minute more work to accede to their wishes, after all...

 

Hope this clarifies :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mons said:

Maltese clubs are technically semi-professional in real-life. In all 6 of the playable divisions, foreign players are engaged almost always as full-time players, with a number of local players also receiving remuneration. The amount of players receiving a wage and the amount of that wage obviously depends on the budget and the level of the club. The first file realistically provides all this.

 

In FM, however, one of the drawbacks of being semi-professional is that it is very unlikely for a foreign player to join your club unless he is considered by the game as based in Malta, i.e. having had his last active spell at a Maltese club. This is not realistic in the sense that irl new foreigners come and go at all levels of the football pyramid and far from all of them were Malta-based before signing irl. Additionally, the likelihood of player movement between semi-pro clubs in FM is quite low due to the lower finance level of semi-pro clubs in FM when compared to the pros, and this is also not realistic. Moreover, the overall wages paid by the top Maltese clubs irl are not that far off being similar to lower-league professional clubs elsewhere. The second file sets all the clubs as professional in status with the intention of overcoming these issues. You have to remember that the transfer market in FM is not really built to cater for the particular specific realities of Maltese football, after all, and tweaking the realism of this patch by this workaround allows a half-way house from the ultra-realism in the first file. Finally, this change was also requested by a number of members on the FM Malta fan club page and I thought it only fair to provide them with it - it's only half a minute more work to accede to their wishes, after all...

 

Hope this clarifies :thup:

Thank you! It does :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bigpole said:

Just to be sure - this file adds corrections/clubs/players to the database or is this an overhauled database with all these improvements?

Erm, not sure what's the difference between both options.

 

This file adds new awards, competitions and persons (i.e. non-players, players and officials) AND edits existing clubs, competitions and persons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mons said:

Erm, not sure what's the difference between both options.

 

This file adds new awards, competitions and persons (i.e. non-players, players and officials) AND edits existing clubs, competitions and persons.

What I meant was if this file adds more depth to existing database. Or just corrections of what's wrong in 18.1 version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bigpole said:

What I meant was if this file adds more depth to existing database. Or just corrections of what's wrong in 18.1 version.

Ah, I see. Would saying "both" answer your query? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 53bast1an said:

Once again, I'm taking football from Malta to glory (Biggest success in FM17: Qualified for the group stage of CL twice). Thanks for this file again :)

Best of luck - hope it all works out fine for you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea why I can't offer any part time contracts to players although all teams are semi-pro from the start? Took over Siggiewi in 3rd tier, I was only able to sign players on non-contract/amateur contract whilst other Premier league teams and many 2nd league teams have lots of players on part time. 

JwT4uW6.jpg

Needless to say the update is absolutely fantastic, as every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TIR669 said:

Any idea why I can't offer any part time contracts to players although all teams are semi-pro from the start? Took over Siggiewi in 3rd tier, I was only able to sign players on non-contract/amateur contract whilst other Premier league teams and many 2nd league teams have lots of players on part time. 

JwT4uW6.jpg

Needless to say the update is absolutely fantastic, as every year.

I'll have a look at it later today. There was an issue last year with some clubs being somewhat limited in contract types available to be offered after being promoted/relegated - but I was under the impression I had removed it. Can you check whether other promoted/relegated teams in other divisions have the same issue? Also, if possible, can I have a look at the save game?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the teams promoted from 2nd league have a few semi-pro contracts and a couple of them were definitely 100% semi-pro in second season. 

5th season currently and this is what Premier league looks like:

7zHgxVv.jpg

Mqabba and Qrendi started in 2nd tier, I started in 3rd tier and looks like Floriana and Mosta - which got relegated to 2nd tier for one year - all have just a few semi-pro players and all other are amateur contracts. Please take a look, definitely looks like a bug to me. It's nothing gamebreaking since solid players still want to join on amateur contract, but it's a pain keeping them when the rest of the league starts offering them semi-pro contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIR669 said:

Some of the teams promoted from 2nd league have a few semi-pro contracts and a couple of them were definitely 100% semi-pro in second season. 

5th season currently and this is what Premier league looks like:

7zHgxVv.jpg

Mqabba and Qrendi started in 2nd tier, I started in 3rd tier and looks like Floriana and Mosta - which got relegated to 2nd tier for one year - all have just a few semi-pro players and all other are amateur contracts. Please take a look, definitely looks like a bug to me. It's nothing gamebreaking since solid players still want to join on amateur contract, but it's a pain keeping them when the rest of the league starts offering them semi-pro contracts.

I'll have a look; I just hope it's not an FM bug and therefore something I won't be able to solve, but rather something related to this file...

Link to post
Share on other sites

@TIR669, it seems that there were contract types set for specific competitions for some reasons, probably from an older build of this file (I'd already removed club-specific contract types in v1.0). I've removed them and let the game assign the contract type automatically - and released a new version accordingly. Hopefully that does the trick...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just lost my top player to a semi-pro contract I wasn't able to offer myself.

That's unfortunate since I've done 5 seasons and have no intention of restarting now, I'm assuming turning pro in a couple of years will toggle pro contract type.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIR669 said:

Just lost my top player to a semi-pro contract I wasn't able to offer myself.

That's unfortunate since I've done 5 seasons and have no intention of restarting now, I'm assuming turning pro in a couple of years will toggle pro contract type.

Not sure if it's something that can be fixed using a free in-game editor tbh.

 

You're right about the pro thing, this guy hasn't had any problems at all with it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 23:32, Mons said:

@TIR669, it seems that there were contract types set for specific competitions for some reasons, probably from an older build of this file (I'd already removed club-specific contract types in v1.0). I've removed them and let the game assign the contract type automatically - and released a new version accordingly. Hopefully that does the trick...

Just tried it now, 3 season holiday brings up the same or alike issues - Pieta H. who originally play in 2nd tier are now top division team and can offer part-time contracts although some teams still have a lot of amateur contracts but that's expected from them. However in the 2nd tier 8 out of 14 teams have 0 salary expenses, i.e. can still only offer amateur contracts to players. But at least the top division bug is now hopefully in the past.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2017 at 14:06, TIR669 said:

Just tried it now, 3 season holiday brings up the same or alike issues - Pieta H. who originally play in 2nd tier are now top division team and can offer part-time contracts although some teams still have a lot of amateur contracts but that's expected from them. However in the 2nd tier 8 out of 14 teams have 0 salary expenses, i.e. can still only offer amateur contracts to players. But at least the top division bug is now hopefully in the past.

Looking at this thread, it looks like it may be a bug in FM itself rather than in my file :(

 

At some point over the Christmas period, I'll submit a bug request to see whether this is the case...

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jeszpure said:

Is it possible to get to the Bank of Valetta premier league with a team from the GFA 2nd division?

This is not possible, as is the case in real life. However, it's a relatively small change in the editor to award a promotion place to the GFA 1st Division and a relegation place to MFA 3rd Division to allow Gozitan clubs to participate in the Maltese league pyramid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
18 hours ago, Lolo685 said:

How does one get the logos to work?

Also thank you for your work as always every year :cool:

Just put the folder containing the graphics in Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2018 / graphics (or its user data folder equivalent if you've changed it).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...