Sports Interactive Community

Moderator FranzT suggested that I post this here. Can somebody help me please:

Most of my matches suffer from a persistent freeze-framing effect, with a bit of a lag in the movement. 

This happens regardless of the quality setting: I've tried everything from "Low" (and even "Off") to "Very High".  Curiously, the freeze-framing effect isn't any better or any worse with any of the various quality settings.

Sometimes my matches run beautifully. So, I don't think it's my laptop: ASUS RoG 750JW: Intel i7 2.4Gh, 16 RAM, GeForce GTX 765m 

See dxdiag file attached.

Any help, suggestions please? Thanks.

DxDiagAsus1116.txt

Are you running any third party graphics like logos, facepacks etc?

P.S who is Franz?:D

I followed all of the steps listed in the linked page. The game feels more solid in the main interface screen (inbox). But during field matches, even at "Very Low" graphics quality, I get the jagged freeze framing. It's not horrible but annoyingly enough to keep watching a shaky screen, regardless of quality settings.

Although I applied sortitoutsi logos and facepacks, the jaggedness also occurred under the vanilla SI settings too. I doubt these packages have anything to do with match graphics performance, since they don't even feature there. This seems to be more of a product coding thing.

Any additional hints please? Thanks.

Edited by phd_angel

On 17.11.2017 at 06:18, phd_angel said:

Moderator FranzT suggested that I post this here. Can somebody help me please:

Most of my matches suffer from a persistent freeze-framing effect, with a bit of a lag in the movement. 

This happens regardless of the quality setting: I've tried everything from "Low" (and even "Off") to "Very High".  Curiously, the freeze-framing effect isn't any better or any worse with any of the various quality settings.

Sometimes my matches run beautifully. So, I don't think it's my laptop: ASUS RoG 750JW: Intel i7 2.4Gh, 16 RAM, GeForce GTX 765m 

See dxdiag file attached.

Any help, suggestions please? Thanks.

DxDiagAsus1116.txt

We are using near laptops and i have this problem too.. Sometimes 3d match good but everytime lag problem in calender. I guess its not about laptop and i hope SI working on it. There is s lot of users in this commun with same problem.

12 hours ago, barisprovince said:

We are using near laptops and i have this problem too.. Sometimes 3d match good but everytime lag problem in calender. I guess its not about laptop and i hope SI working on it. There is s lot of users in this commun with same problem.

Please keep your issue to your own thread so we can make sure no wires get crossed when investigating the issue. Thanks. 

15 hours ago, phd_angel said:

I followed all of the steps listed in the linked page. The game feels more solid in the main interface screen (inbox). But during field matches, even at "Very Low" graphics quality, I get the jagged freeze framing. It's not horrible but annoyingly enough to keep watching a shaky screen, regardless of quality settings.

Although I applied sortitoutsi logos and facepacks, the jaggedness also occurred under the vanilla SI settings too. I doubt these packages have anything to do with match graphics performance, since they don't even feature there. This seems to be more of a product coding thing.

Any additional hints please? Thanks.

Do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type? 

Neil, I don't have any anti-virus installed.  I have Glary, CCleaner and Malwarebytes but they are never on when I play FM. I turn off all major applications when I play FM, to no avail in performance. Thanks.

I must add that the game has been crashing too.  I get that popup window message, and then out. I recall that you guys used to ask for a datadump file. If that's still the case, please share instructions. Thanks.

When exactly are you encountering the crashing? What point are you at in game when this occurs? Do the crashes produce a crash dump message and file, or just a 'quit unexpectedly' message? 

21 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

When exactly are you encountering the crashing? What point are you at in game when this occurs? Do the crashes produce a crash dump message and file, or just a 'quit unexpectedly' message? 

Usually after a match. It's a crash dump message. Nonetheless, it's not too often: sometimes it happens, sometimes the game goes a long way without any problems (other than the slight frame freezing during matches as mentioned above).

Okay, you will be able to find any crash dump files you have received in the following location - C:\Users\[Your Name]\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\crash dumps

Could you please attach the most recent crash dump file to this thread.

Thanks.

Okay can you try the following and see if it makes any difference?

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -renderer_direct3D9
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam

Hi Neil,

Oh yes, there is a significant improvement after I added "-renderer_direct3D9". I even set most of my graphic settings to "Very High", with very pleasing results! 

I'll let if you know if this changes, but may I ask what is this edit about?

Thanks!

Basically the game was launched and running with DirectX11 (which is new for FM18). It should be mean improved performance. But for some reason your system is having issues with it, so the above reverts it back to the older DirectX9. Would definitely appear to be some kind of issue with how DX11 is installed and running on your system based on the fact it now runs better. 

On 2017/11/24 at 18:49, Neil Brock said:

Basically the game was launched and running with DirectX11 (which is new for FM18). It should be mean improved performance. But for some reason your system is having issues with it, so the above reverts it back to the older DirectX9. Would definitely appear to be some kind of issue with how DX11 is installed and running on your system based on the fact it now runs better. 

Hi Neil, I have a brand new laptop with Win 10, 8th i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GF MX150 graphic card and DX12 installed.

I have lag issue on 3D match. Maybe I need do same thing?

On 10/12/2017 at 23:53, JasonloveFM said:

Hi Neil, I have a brand new laptop with Win 10, 8th i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GF MX150 graphic card and DX12 installed.

I have lag issue on 3D match. Maybe I need do same thing?

Try it and see how you get on. If you're still having issues, please create your own thread. Thanks. 

On 11/24/2017 at 04:49, Neil Brock said:

Neil, matches aren't as smooth with the new patch 18.2. Any ideas? Should I revert to DirectX11? Thank you.

I removed the launch option line at Steam, and then restarted Steam and FM18.  But the matches are still a tad jagged. I set Match Preferences to "PC Recommended" and also lowered the graphic quality in a couple of options, as in the image below.

Any other suggestions on how to make matches run smoother again? Thank you.

aaafmmartchpref.png

Additionally, the game started crashing again, during matches particularly after scoring a goal. Should I revert back to DirectX9?...

Yeah try changing it up a bit and see how it reacts - when it crashes is it producing a crash dump now? If so, please do attach it.

Thanks.