[FM18] San Marin-oh no, not him again...

Bedese

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DefenseLover said:

Oh god, San Marino are 116th. You really should get the Nat. Team Job, you could take them to greatness

The squad is made up of mostly our players and they still get battered regularly, they just occasionally get some decent scalps ;) 

Nice career update. In the summary, how come you don't have league finish?

And for that matter, am I correct in thinking in San Marino, there are two groups, one with 8 teams and one with 7 teams, who seem to move around between the groups randomly? And then the top three teams in each of the two groups, gets to the championship playoff, in a playoff system not understandable without being a rocket scientist? 

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Nice career update. In the summary, how come you don't have league finish?

And for that matter, am I correct in thinking in San Marino, there are two groups, one with 8 teams and one with 7 teams, who seem to move around between the groups randomly? And then the top three teams in each of the two groups, gets to the championship playoff, in a playoff system not understandable without being a rocket scientist? 

I've always hated administrative stuff, so I keep recaps of the league seasons as brief as they can be. I can add that kind of thing back in if you'd like?

You are correct :D The groups are assigned randomly (as far as I can tell, anyway), and the Playoff system is... interesting. I'll dig up an explanation I gave of it a while back:

There were two first round games - Us vs Fiorentino, and Cailungo vs Murata. Cailungo and Fiorentino won, so they'll meet in the second round. Murata and us were the losers, so we meet each other in the third round. I know that sounds like we got the better deal, but it's not. The winner of the second round goes into the Major Semi Final - win that, and they go straight into the final of the playoffs. (Losing in the Major Semi Final puts you into the Minor Semi Final, where the winner will go into the final as well.) The loser of the second round goes into the fifth round - a win then takes them to the sixth round, and the winners of the sixth round go into the Minor Semi Final).

Our route is different - there's no "if we lose, we go into x." We've already lost the one game we're allowed to. If we win the third round, we go into the fifth round. If we win the fifth round, we go into the Minor Semi Final, and if we win that, we go into the Final. If we lose at any point, that's it. We're out.

It's needlessly overcomplicated, in my opinion, and really quite frustrating to keep losing in the final of a stupid double elimination playoff system to a team you already beat once :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Maple said:

Cheers for the explanation. It was interesting. Given that playoff system I guess it is quite difficult to quantify a league finish, so I suggest you skip that to keep the administration down :D

Makes sense to me! :D 

Just caught up, excellent read. I thought you'd cracked it when you made it to the Europa League groups, sadly that was a while ago now!

Seems like losing the lad to Serie A combined with some poor intakes stopped you pushing on.

Did he go on to do much in Italy?

5 hours ago, Reggiana said:

Just caught up, excellent read. I thought you'd cracked it when you made it to the Europa League groups, sadly that was a while ago now!

Seems like losing the lad to Serie A combined with some poor intakes stopped you pushing on.

Did he go on to do much in Italy?

106c908fd5efcca505f7fdef63ed438c.png

His average rating leaves a lot to be desired, but he's made a decent career for himself in Italy and Germany :) 

We were 3-0 up against Maccabi Tel Aviv when my computer crashed, and we're back to the league playoffs :( 

Going to simulate the playoffs until we lose at the same stage, and then simulate the Europa League to get us back to the Third Qualifying Round, at which point we can resume the actual save :lol: 

Archived