Sports Interactive Community
Bedese

[FM18] San Marin-oh no, not him again...

Hall of Fame:

I'll probably forget about this entirely, but in case I don't, this is a nice place to document the best servants in club history.

Lorenzo Bollini (YP37):

• 361 games, 191 goals, 75 assists
  • 113 caps, 29 goals
  • Club Captain for 8 years
  • National Team Captain
  • All Time Top League Goalscorer with 191
  • Holds the Nations League Record for most goals in a match with 6 against Luxembourg
  • Five League Title wins
  • Four Cup wins
  • League Top Scorer twice
  • Youngster of the Season twice
  • Player of the Season three times

80e94fc87f4d699db726a3f450a60f1e.png

Edited by Jupjamie

297c4f71451b1be26c2e9a840305c087.png

Custom Database includes all players from European Continental Competitions.

021bc0704585c194baf7c550b0fd66a9.png

Predicted to come last in our group.

dd7a7644656967180c3e8bfe4ef59681.png

1421ccf81825c7cee0f3a0c7d0df759d.png

653fe62f5de96e5ab1d85910a5e7c71e.png

Not too worried about the lack of cohesion between players considering most of them have 1 for vision and positioning anyway :lol: 

Interesting that an English manager (in his first job) who never played higher than Sunday League football has a higher reputation than the players...

c48e199e4c97ff6ca6b3440caec34ef1.png

Good start.

b80d56a912c8d36be40a838ccfa86f8c.png

My chairman is also a highly influential player. You better not snake me, Fabio.

Edited by Jupjamie

14 minutes ago, Warg92 said:

I will follow this without a doubt!

7 minutes ago, Marios1999 said:

**** yeah!

3 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Will obviously be following! Disappointed that you haven't loaded Croatia though. :(

Cheers guys! I thought about loading Croatia but my computer isn't the best, so we'll leave it as is for now. If Dinamo become a problem we'll add it in :D 

If you can't figure out how to hack the game so that Billy shows up in his full glory again, you've done us all a grave disservice! 
c39d5be1a5ddd19ae9e3b0912a3609e9.png This man's a ****ing treasure.

(Good luck mate, as always.)

8 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Cheers guys! I thought about loading Croatia but my computer isn't the best, so we'll leave it as is for now. If Dinamo become a problem we'll add it in :D 

*If* Dinamo become a problem...:lol: I hope you enjoy the 2 extra qualifying round before you get to the Champions League Group Stage. ;)

4 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

If you can't figure out how to hack the game so that Billy shows up in his full glory again, you've done us all a grave disservice! 
c39d5be1a5ddd19ae9e3b0912a3609e9.png This man's a ****ing treasure.

(Good luck mate, as always.)

Amazing :lol: Unfortunately Billy's been replaced... for now, anyway.

3 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

*If* Dinamo become a problem...:lol: I hope you enjoy the 2 extra qualifying round before you get to the Champions League Group Stage. ;)

Yeah, I'm really not looking forward to this new qualifying setup :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Finchbox said:

Is the db available for download??

It is! If you type in San Marino on the Steam Workshop you should find a file by the wonderful @claassen. Download that and you should be good to go!

If Dinamo become a problem... You're only putting off the inevitable...

But from what I've seen, youth recruitment seems to be easier to upgrade, so hopefully that means an easier time.

12 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Saves like this are absolutely brilliant for those who want to go deep deep DEEP into a save, but who's pc/laptop might otherwise struggle. :thup:

15 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Oh yes, oh yes indeed! This is going to be amazing as always.

13 hours ago, andychar said:

I cant wait for the hurt and suffering to begin!

13 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Can't wait for this. 

Good luck!

12 hours ago, Toffle said:

Will be following, good luck!

11 hours ago, Rikulec said:

The careers forum is finally complete now.

3 hours ago, akura said:

I've waited for this from the game was released. 

Thanks guys! Really appreciated :D 

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Saves like this are absolutely brilliant for those who want to go deep deep DEEP into a save, but who's pc/laptop might otherwise struggle. :thup:

Absolutely ;) 

bce20a3b992ff604fcd156e1583e1e3f.png

10896019daefe529daa9f221fdb26b8d.png

In about 100 years of domestic domination and reasonable European success last year, we never once upgraded Youth Recruitment. We've just done it before a ball has been kicked in the save :D 

ea1cc1e06f580755b7224fd39e027fbd.png

Just now, bigjack.se18 said:

Following this. Good luck mate

Cheers! I'm enjoying your save, keep it up :) 

7 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Stop using the editor to change youth recruitment :p

In all seriousness though, now you've got no excuses to not reach world domination.

No pressure then!

Youth Intake Day!

First one...

5d3baa4f37237bf9eb787cb84b405d93.png

Golden Generation, huh?

aab21c877aceb5039cdc410c6be9d3ef.png

5f686b1bf0f8970d6356ab43f340a2a9.png

Albertini instantly becomes the best player at the club (as well as the tallest outfielder, weirdly). He probably won't be here for very long, because he looks a cut above the rest of the team, even at 16.

49a869635c73a195d3fb311591d27935.png

He's incredibly undersized and he's slow, but he'll do for this level.

324a33c94e4f56ea9f20dbabac0539a9.png

Pretty decent keeper, and a very decent intake. It's hard to tell considering 5* PA doesn't actually mean anything at this early stage (the squad is awful so it's not a high target, and Amateur players tend not to really develop much in some cases).

(I've gone back to the old style of numbering Youth players with YP1, YP2 etc rather than YP18a, YP18b. Just personal preference).

Season Review

League

Considering we were predicted to be the worst team in the country, we had a great season. It's such a shame we were in the group that we were, because we had enough points to top the other group. Even though we missed the playoffs, a very encouraging season.

Cup

We won the group before coming unstuck in the Quarter Final to La Fiorita, who are comfortably the best team in the country right now.

Squad

Other Teams: La Fiorita lost 2-1 to Santa Coloma from Andorra in the 1st CL Qualifying Round. Tre Penne lost 5-0 to SCR Altach from Austria and Folgore lost 5-0 to Haugesund from Norway in the EL 1st Qualifying Round.

Next year: See if we can build on this year and make an early push for Europe.

Edited by Jupjamie

5 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

05c23e074372210f14be126a78376d4a.png

:idiot:

Billy's been sneaking about with the sugar, then...

Just now, BoxToBox said:

Billy's been sneaking about with the sugar, then...

I knew I shouldn't have trusted him with that paperwork..

Looks like a good start to the save - Albertini is obviously the truth, he's going to make getting results the next couple of years a lot easier. 

4 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Enjoying this and may do one myself, such is my interest.

Superb to hear!

2 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Superb to hear!

I have started it - As Libertas.  I will wait until the end of the season though before I create a thread in case I don't carry it on.  I chose Libertas.  I have never done a Youth Only challenge before, so this is something new.

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have started it - As Libertas.  I will wait until the end of the season though before I create a thread in case I don't carry it on.  I chose Libertas.  I have never done a Youth Only challenge before, so this is something new.

Best of luck with it mate. If you do put a thread up I'll be following for sure :) 

I enjoy following these threads, looking forward to watching this develop. Good luck :brock:

2 minutes ago, ajcardall said:

I enjoy following these threads, looking forward to watching this develop. Good luck :brock:

Cheers!

Youth Intake Day!

9fc53f22780b0c06962b97b4f6a2c4f2.png

37cf1472cd837102205a72e227c70766.png

Already the best goalkeeper at the club.

ef01d86a04b2bc6a6ed5ead7691f70e9.png

He's going to be a superb defensive forward for us.

5c492a46630f6193ad69090722df6404.png

I've always got a lot of time for hardworking midfielders.

1 hour ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

If it's not too much trouble, what are your tactics?

Not at all!

I'll copy and paste something from a copy of last year's save, because it's got the same thinking behind it:

Here's the deal. We're s***. The squad's average passing ability is 4.21. We're not going to try anything fancy. Instead, we're taking a page out of Charles Reep's book.

'Reeping your rewards':

Charles Reep could be considered the first ever football analyst. Born in 1904, the former RAF man would take notes at games using pencil and paper, coding events by shorthand. In total, he probably attended - and notated - more than 2,200 games in his life, including 50 pages of drawings for the 1958 WC final. In those 2,200 games, Reep discovered a tendency - the more passes a team made, the less likely that they were to score in that move. Only two in every nine goals came after a move with 3 or more passes, and so Reep theorized that the quicker a team got the ball into the opposing penalty area, and the less time they spent on the ball, the more goals they were likely to score.

Here's the issue - Reep was later proven wrong. His route one belief had failed to take into account a lot of variables. So, why are we basing our tactic off of a football analyst proven wrong in everything he thought about the game?

Well, it's simple. For us, Reep may well be right. We're absolutely hopeless on the ball. The more time we have on the ball, the more likely we are to make a mistake. Likewise, the more time the other team have the ball, the more likely they are to slip up. If we get the ball and punt it away from our goal, they're less likely to score. That sounds pretty good to me.

With that in mind, here's how we're lining up:

bedf42cb00175e001194e06f90fa342f.png

Get the ball and just pump it forward somewhere into space. Pressure their defence to make a mistake, and let our strikers go and chase any balls that come their way. We're awful technically and there's no point pretending otherwise, so the more the ball is in the opposing half, the better I like our chances.