Playing FM18 via Remote Desktop

Hi all,

I've been playing this game for years and as I've got older I struggle to find time. My thinking is use my desktop PC and remote into the PC and play FM18 via my iPad 

However when I watch the matches it's too slow. Can't see what's happening on the pitch. Like it's skipping frames

Any ideas to fix this?

Thanks 

Edited by Padders

Remote control uses an internet connection so there can be a delay in processing the images which is why it can sometimes skip frames. Have you tried switching to 2D mode to see how that works?

I use Teamviewer to remote into my home desktop PC when I'm at work and whilst it can't play 3D mode very well, 2D works a treat. 

I'd suggest something optimised for gaming rather than a standard remote desktop connection, which will likely have fairly high latency and may have graphical issues. 

Look into Moonlight. It uses Steam's built-in game-streaming functionality to allow you to play on iOS devices. 

20 hours ago, gavo01 said:

Remote control uses an internet connection so there can be a delay in processing the images which is why it can sometimes skip frames. Have you tried switching to 2D mode to see how that works?

I use Teamviewer to remote into my home desktop PC when I'm at work and whilst it can't play 3D mode very well, 2D works a treat. 

Yes 2D does work but it's not the same as 3D! Haven't used 2D for ages, ha ha

10 hours ago, Smurf said:

I used to do this years ago, had a bus journey of two hours each way to work. 

Worked a treat on my android phone of the time probably back in 2008.

How are you connecting remotely?

I'm connecting internally via home network  at the moment 

10 hours ago, mbchuz said:

I'd suggest something optimised for gaming rather than a standard remote desktop connection, which will likely have fairly high latency and may have graphical issues. 

Look into Moonlight. It uses Steam's built-in game-streaming functionality to allow you to play on iOS devices. 

I don't have the high enough spec video card to use this. I've just installed the GeForce software and it's not compatible 

• 2 years later...

use Chrome Remote Desktop, the best one available on market for doing graphical work. I use it all the time it works great n works great in playing 3D matches. There'll be minor stuttering but that's negligible.

• 5 months later...
On 11/08/2020 at 19:01, Sourav B said:

use Chrome Remote Desktop, the best one available on market for doing graphical work. I use it all the time it works great n works great in playing 3D matches. There'll be minor stuttering but that's negligible.

Ah thanks for this

Will Look into it when talk of going back to the office happens