Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonnyjames

The broken transfer system

I'm having a constant problem selling players when multiple clubs try to buy them from me. As an example, three clubs are in for one of my players and the bidding keeps moving up until they make a final offer. I accept the final offer and then...nothing. No contract is agreed, the bids still show in the player's 'Contract' screen but I can't sell him. Often, what happens next is one of the clubs then comes in with a lower offer and if I even try to negotiate an extra 250k / % of future sale, they walk away from the talks.

It's frankly getting to the point where it's unplayable.

Edited by sonnyjames
Updating to add more detail

Ok, more to add.

The game plays really nicely in just about all departments OTHER than anything transfer related. At which point it's - sorry - a mess.

As well as the issue above, if I ask too much for a player I'll get the standard 'No team was willing to match your asking price' message. No biggy, I expect it. But then I'll get it again. And again. And days, nay weeks later, again.

The game seems to have completely stopped me from negotiating my selling price now. If I even so much as ask for an extra 250k or any % of a future sale, the buying club walks away. If multiple bidders get involved, I've seen a player's asking price rise to upwards of £20m. When I then get the issue that one of the teams then makes a separate bid for the same player a day or two later (canceling out the initial offers) they'll come in at £5m. And, like I say, no negotiation up.

I've sold players only for the game to not allow me to complete the sale (it literally freezes as I go to complete the deal). I've had multiple instances of getting a message saying 'The deal to take x to y can now be completed' - but with no action button to allow the deal to actually happen.

It's a huge shame, but the transfer market is one of the big features of playing the game. And it's simply too frustrating to work with as it stands.

Sad to say, I'm sitting out playing until many more updates have been made. This game basically wasn't ready for release, or it certainly wasn't anywhere near well tested enough. I mean, these aren't weird, one off bugs. They're constant and happening for so many people. I can't believe they wouldn't have been uncovered by just one tester playing the thing for a week.

Hugely disappointing given the strength of the FM brand. Based on this experience, I'd be VERY reluctant to purchase on release date next time around...and I've been buying this game for 20+ years! Get it fixed guys, please :(

Edited by sonnyjames

1 hour ago, sonnyjames said:

Ok, more to add.

The game plays really nicely in just about all departments OTHER than anything transfer related. At which point it's - sorry - a mess.

As well as the issue above, if I ask too much for a player I'll get the standard 'No team was willing to match your asking price' message. No biggy, I expect it. But then I'll get it again. And again. And days, nay weeks later, again.

The game seems to have completely stopped me from negotiating my selling price now. If I even so much as ask for an extra 250k or any % of a future sale, the buying club walks away. If multiple bidders get involved, I've seen a player's asking price rise to upwards of £20m. When I then get the issue that one of the teams then makes a separate bid for the same player a day or two later (canceling out the initial offers) they'll come in at £5m. And, like I say, no negotiation up.

I've sold players only for the game to not allow me to complete the sale (it literally freezes as I go to complete the deal). I've had multiple instances of getting a message saying 'The deal to take x to y can now be completed' - but with no action button to allow the deal to actually happen.

It's a huge shame, but the transfer market is one of the big features of playing the game. And it's simply too frustrating to work with as it stands.

Sad to say, I'm sitting out playing until many more updates have been made. This game basically wasn't ready for release, or it certainly wasn't anywhere near well tested enough. I mean, these aren't weird, one off bugs. They're constant and happening for so many people. I can't believe they wouldn't have been uncovered by just one tester playing the thing for a week.

Hugely disappointing given the strength of the FM brand. Based on this experience, I'd be VERY reluctant to purchase on release date next time around...and I've been buying this game for 20+ years! Get it fixed guys :(

If you are buying this game for 20+ years, it is strange that only now you noticed that it was released unfinished. This happens year after year. I will buy in march

11 minutes ago, oleg8979 said:

If you are buying this game for 20+ years, it is strange that only now you noticed that it was released unfinished. This happens year after year. I will buy in march

It’s way, way more pronounced this year. Worst I’ve known it. I don’t mind the odd tweak but this is wholesale. It’s not even as robust as the FMM17 version. 

15 hours ago, sonnyjames said:

I'm having a constant problem selling players when multiple clubs try to buy them from me. As an example, three clubs are in for one of my players and the bidding keeps moving up until they make a final offer. I accept the final offer and then...nothing. No contract is agreed, the bids still show in the player's 'Contract' screen but I can't sell him. Often, what happens next is one of the clubs then comes in with a lower offer and if I even try to negotiate an extra 250k / % of future sale, they walk away from the talks.

It's frankly getting to the point where it's unplayable.

Are you on the latest update? We've fixed some stability issues with the auctions in the update.

If so, do you have a save from before you accept the final offer? I'll take a look at it. I haven't seen anything like this internally.

10 hours ago, Alistair Gempf said:

Are you on the latest update? We've fixed some stability issues with the auctions in the update.

If so, do you have a save from before you accept the final offer? I'll take a look at it. I haven't seen anything like this internally.

Yep 9.03. How do I share a save?

The other issue I have as the selling team with auction bids is that if the auction runs longer than a week then the bids reset to the first bids the teams submitted (even tho the inbox message shows what the higher bid should be). In the screenshots below I'm Newcastle. You can see the bidding on Sterry has reached £10.25m, but when I go to accept/counter the bids have gone back to their original offers again.

Also a couple of players I had bids accepted on, the game didn't then take me to the contract negotiation screen (so I'm unable to 'make an offer' on these players again and they're not joining me, even tho their future transfer details show my team. Example below of Joao Victor de Silva Junior - no option to make an offer and future transfer shows as Newcastle. Unfortunately, it's been a future transfer for nearly a year now. Worth noting I accepted the option to unlock the transfer windows a few seasons back.

08098C85-A710-4B63-BAEE-18F6E3EDEBD5.png

B5ECA94C-C2C5-4F84-8715-76977B96C03A.png

B6AC476B-5013-4702-BDB8-83862B2D1C66.png

A333D55F-A9A9-44D1-8115-D08543E96E3E.png

Edited by sonnyjames

And here's the exact issue I mentioned in my original post replicated in screenshots:

1) After a bidding war, I accept Swansea's £8.5m bid for Findlay

2) Two days later, without talks having taken place with the player, Swansea come back with a £4m bid

3) I try to negotiate to e.g. £6m

4) Swansea give up on the player

So I go through the dance of the auction for a week, get an offer I want, and then the buying club comes back with a lower offer that they won't negotiate. Ugh.

C91B3F29-B4E8-46DC-A4DF-31D0AD3D9483.png

1C77E5BB-76F0-4700-8982-0609B0CC9011.png

25FD46FE-A1E5-421E-94BA-CB0B87647478.png

E2762BC0-B435-40D0-AD08-8A412020B2DD.png

Edited by sonnyjames

7 hours ago, sonnyjames said:

Where should I upload the save to? The forum only allows for a 4.88mb upload and the file is 30.9mb

You can zip it and send it to help@sega.co.uk.