Sports Interactive Community
kama

Game freezes on a save attempt

Hi there!

As few other guys I have an issue that game freezes when I want to save it. I tried many things like installing the game again, removing AV, changing directory where saves are stored, trying to save it in the cloud, changing the settings of the graphic card and nothing worked.

Only solution which I found is to disable manually graphic card before I save the game.

Please find attached my Dxdiag.

DxDiag.txt

What do you mean manually disable the graphics card? You mean open up the system and pull the card out? 

Sorry I don't quite follow. Please let us know. 

That would be too extreme :) No I just disabled it via Device manager ( Device manager > Display adapters > Nvidia GeForce GTX 860 > Disable device ).

I managed to disable graphic card few times during the game, but recently game started crashing and now I'm disabling the graphic card before game has been started

What folder location are you trying to save to? If you change the default folder location as shown below does it make any difference?

Okay it could be an anti-virus program interfering with the saving process. I'd suggest reading and following the instructions below:

Again let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I'm using recommended one, I'm sure that AV is not the source of the problem. It must be a graphic card related issue, everything works fine when my Nvidia graphic card is disabled.

The thing is, an anti-virus conflict can cause the game to install the game incorrectly which can cause issues. Can you please try it so we can rule out it being the problem? Thanks.

I managed to save 2 times in a row after fresh installation. I will let you know if game freezes again... Thank you for the support

Okay do keep us updated. Will set to resolved now but if you do find you have any further issues let us know. 

Yes. If my graphic card is enabled the game freezes when I try to save it, when it's disabled everything is fine 

That's quite odd. Can you try completely removing and reinstalling your graphics card drivers as shown below?

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

I already did and it didn't help... The game doesn't like my Nvidia GeForce GTX 860m. Did you guys test the game on that graphic card?

Graphic card driver update didn't give any result, game still freezes

Edited by kama

Finally the latest patch fixed the issue for me. I manage to save the game 3-4 times.

Thank you for your support.