Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
michaeltmurrayuk

[FM18][MOD] Match In-Between Highlights Mod

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nick1408 said:

Thanks mate.  The pic I meant was this one:

panels_bl.png.66c5bda5053e1d53ff24daef24

The drop down that asks which stats I want to see in the middle panel.

It's part of the full stats panel, which you can enable instead of the top/bottom panels for either the Ratings or Body Language views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

To remove the split in the right panel hopefully changing this value to 1 should do it:

<!-- RIGHT - BOTTOM ADJUST DEFAULT_HEIGHT VALUE TO RESIZE-->
<container class="bordered_box" minimum_height="1" priority="4" default_height="380">

If not delete the content between <!-- RIGHT - BOTTOM ADJUST DEFAULT_HEIGHT VALUE TO RESIZE--> and <!-- RIGHT - BOTTOM -->  and that should remove it and see the top panel expand.

Perfect! thanks a lot

P.S.: you should absolutely include XML skills in your CV :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

To split the left and middle columns into vertical columns, first copy everything from this line (#463):

<!-- RIGHT TOP CONTAINER ADJUST DEFAULT_HEIGHT VALUE IF YOU WANT IT TO BE BIGGER-->

To this (#906)

<!-- RIGHT END -->

Then delete everything between this line (#15)

<!--LEFT-->

And this (#231)

<!-- END LEFT -->

........

@michaeltmurrayuk: thanks a lot, Michael! Worked perfectly (on top of splitting the panels, I admit I've completely forgotten part with "sel" codes...). I will now fiddle a bit more with sizes and the content of the panels until (hopefully) desired result.

I have attached the screenshot of what I have done in the end.

20171121012338_1.jpg

Edited by Boyshane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you are using the Default Skins then just place the extracted 'panels' folder directly into that folder (Football Manager 2018) not into the skins folder.

Got it all working, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks confusing to me, but I'm going to give it a try.  I've been wanting better presentation on my 'between match highlights panel' for a while.   This looks a bit daunting.  Are there any youtube videos describing how things are done as well?  <nervous>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Enos said:

This looks confusing to me, but I'm going to give it a try.  I've been wanting better presentation on my 'between match highlights panel' for a while.   This looks a bit daunting.  Are there any youtube videos describing how things are done as well?  <nervous>

The default settings should be fine for most people - you can change what is displayed in each panel by using the drop-down arrows in the top right corners of each panel, and you can resize the widths of the panels by dragging them to expand/shrink them which is all done in game without having to edit the xml files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving this mod, like every year. Thanks Michael.

One issue I've found: I have the left hand column set to my team's stats (the one where you see the player name, condition, rating, goals, and assists) but if there is a notification next to their name, like a light injury (when the orange box appears), I can't hover over it to see what the injury is. I also can't hover over the 'i' to the left of the player name to see the players attributes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, frank_olaf said:

Loving this mod, like every year. Thanks Michael.

One issue I've found: I have the left hand column set to my team's stats (the one where you see the player name, condition, rating, goals, and assists) but if there is a notification next to their name, like a light injury (when the orange box appears), I can't hover over it to see what the injury is. I also can't hover over the 'i' to the left of the player name to see the players attributes.

Its a bug in the game caused by having a widget docked behind that panel, (happens with the default IBH panel as well) if you remove the docked widget it should be clickable (changing the view in the drop-down and then changing it back fixes it sometimes as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/11/2017 at 12:00, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Its a bug in the game caused by having a widget docked behind that panel, (happens with the default IBH panel as well) if you remove the docked widget it should be clickable (changing the view in the drop-down and then changing it back fixes it sometimes as well).

Michael, this year which file controls the player match ratings ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2017 at 17:52, Boyshane said:

@michaeltmurrayuk: thanks a lot, Michael! Worked perfectly (on top of splitting the panels, I admit I've completely forgotten part with "sel" codes...). I will now fiddle a bit more with sizes and the content of the panels until (hopefully) desired result.

I have attached the screenshot of what I have done in the end.

20171121012338_1.jpg

Can you share your version please. I'm not confident when changing things around. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Michael, this year which file controls the player match ratings ?

Default one is 'match team stats ibh bottom' and 'match team motivation ibh bottom' for body language - I've added some of the more common columns but they are set to hidden so change the hidden flag from true to false to show them, to add other views the coding hasn't really changed so the instructions from the past versions are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, widowmaker- said:

Can you share your version please. I'm not confident when changing things around. Thanks

Ditto.  I'd love to use your panels if you're willing to share.  Each time I try this advanced stuff I mess things up and have to reinstall; then start over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enos said:

Ditto.  I'd love to use your panels if you're willing to share.  Each time I try this advanced stuff I mess things up and have to reinstall; then start over.

I'd also love to use those panels as well if he's willing to share them. Great work. I'd be here for days trying to figure that stuff out.

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the fm16 guide to changing the player rating screen is a bit out of date. Am I editing Match team stats top or bottom?

 

Been trying for about an hour and nothing is making any difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cstan said:

I think the fm16 guide to changing the player rating screen is a bit out of date. Am I editing Match team stats top or bottom?

 

Been trying for about an hour and nothing is making any difference

Default one is 'match team stats ibh bottom' and 'match team motivation ibh bottom' for body language - I've added some of the more common columns but they are set to hidden so change the hidden flag from true to false to show them, to add other views the coding hasn't really changed so the instructions from the past versions are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 15:50, widowmaker- said:

Can you share your version please. I'm not confident when changing things around. Thanks

Guys, wasn't around for couple of days, hope it's not too late :)  Files are attached, hope you will be able to use them. If you experience any issues, let me know.

As for the instructions, just replace these panels in panels>match folder within the skin you are using.

@Enos, @Carlito85, @cstan, use them at your convenience, hopefully you'll enjoy.

MMurray IBH - my changes.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Boyshane said:

Guys, wasn't around for couple of days, hope it's not too late :)  Files are attached, hope you will be able to use them. If you experience any issues, let me know.

As for the instructions, just replace these panels in panels>match folder within the skin you are using.

@Enos, @Carlito85, @cstan, use them at your convenience, hopefully you'll enjoy.

MMurray IBH - my changes.zip

Thank you buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first edition of FM where I have attempted to use a skin. I have failed miserably to get it to work.

I have extracted the panels folder from the opening post. I have moved it into my 'Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\'  area.

When I enter the  game I follow the instructions to clear cache and reload skin. However my in-match skin still remains as default.

I hate to ask for help, but is there anything obvious that I could have missed?

I made no edits to the download and use the default FM skin.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by Sanno11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sanno11 said:

This is the first edition of FM where I have attempted to use a skin. I have failed miserably to get it to work.

I have extracted the panels folder from the opening post. I have moved it into my 'Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\'  area.

When I enter the  game I follow the instructions to clear cache and reload skin. However my in-match skin still remains as default.

I hate to ask for help, but is there anything obvious that I could have missed?

I made no edits to the download and use the default FM skin.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You need the base skins.

The panels you have extracted are all the default panels that make up the default skins so once added to a base skin folder the appearance will not change until you edit or replace some or all of those panels.

Edited by steveyisatard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your response @steveyisatard

I have downloaded the Base 2018 Skin and added that to the correct area. I have added the panel files from the opening post.

I have replaced several of these panels with the ones Boyshane uploaded a few posts previously. As I wanted to avoid editing code myself and would be happy with that set-up.

In my preferences I have selected the Base 2018 skin, cleared the cache and reloaded the skin.

However, I am still seeing the default in between highlights screen.

Edited by Sanno11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please ignore my previous post, I have now sorted it.


I had just messed up the process and once I began again using only the original files and default skin it has worked.

 

Thanks for your excellent work @michaeltmurrayuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@michaeltmurrayuk  You know the issues I'm having with the base game so thought I'd try these panels.

There are 5 panels - one left, one right, 3 down the centre.  There is no drop down arrow for the left and right panels to change the information I see there, nor any Customise button to change which Match Stats I can see?

1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kabalyer said:

How to add the name of the formation?

Lq7YxzQG.png

 

In the various match formation xml files (not the both ones) locate this line:

  <!-- titled box containing pitch-->
  <widget class="plain_box">

And change to read:

  <!-- titled box containing pitch-->
  <widget class="inner_titled_box" id="titl">

You can change the box type to a different one if you want just use one that has space for a title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, herne79 said:

@michaeltmurrayuk  You know the issues I'm having with the base game so thought I'd try these panels.

There are 5 panels - one left, one right, 3 down the centre.  There is no drop down arrow for the left and right panels to change the information I see there, nor any Customise button to change which Match Stats I can see?

1.jpg

They're the default panels so it doesn't look like it's installed correctly, have you turned off the skin cache and reloaded the skin? And placed the extracted panels folder in the correct place (instructions in opening post). If you've put them inside the base skin you'd need to switch over to that skin as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

have you turned off the skin cache

If by that you mean untick the box next to "Use caching to decrease loading times" then yes that's unticked:

hlBVXsl.png

19 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

and reloaded the skin

I've cleared the cache, reloaded, restarted the game - I've even deleted the Cache and Preferences folders.

19 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

And placed the extracted panels folder in the correct place (instructions in opening post). If you've put them inside the base skin you'd need to switch over to that skin as well.

My "Skins" folder is empty apart from your Panels folder which I downloaded and pasted into it and a config file:

Mya3gjk.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, herne79 said:

If by that you mean untick the box next to "Use caching to decrease loading times" then yes that's unticked:

 

I've cleared the cache, reloaded, restarted the game - I've even deleted the Cache and Preferences folders.

My "Skins" folder is empty apart from your Panels folder which I downloaded and pasted into it and a config file:

Mya3gjk.png

You need to place the panels folder directly into the Football Manager 2018 folder instead of the skins folder if using the default skins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You need to place the panels folder directly into the Football Manager 2018 folder instead of the skins folder if using the default skins.

Ahh that fixed it, me being stupid. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 16.11.2017 um 23:03 schrieb Alexpuk2002:

How do I get it to show just 2 panels like this? Ideally I would like the overview on the left and the player ratings on the right. 

...

That's exactly what I am looking for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kranzberg said:

That's exactly what I am looking for myself.

Just drag the divider between the middle and right panels to the right until the right panels disappear, then drag the divider on the left to even out the panels if need be.

@halil85 It's a debug option that was enabled in the beta however it is disabled in the full game and not something you can turn back on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 dakika önce, michaeltmurrayuk said:

 

@halil85 It's a debug option that was enabled in the beta however it is disabled in the full game and not something you can turn back on.

Thanks for your response

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor einer Stunde schrieb michaeltmurrayuk:

Just drag the divider between the middle and right panels to the right until the right panels disappear, then drag the divider on the left to even out the panels if need be.

@halil85 It's a debug option that was enabled in the beta however it is disabled in the full game and not something you can turn back on.

Okay, I'll try. Thanks for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@michaeltmurrayuk great effort on this, it is fantastic. I did notice that the new patch removes the roles & duties, is there anyway to get these back for the opposition?

Thanks!

 

 

Edited by Draktor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike can i split this so the 3 in the middle panel, the basic/default code seems to say otherwise in the initial green text.  before i dive into the bottomless pit.... :p

20171121012338_1.thumb.jpg.2fa6aada1e74c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Draktor said:

@michaeltmurrayuk great effort on this, it is fantastic. I did notice that the new patch removes the roles & duties, is there anyway to get these back for the opposition?

Thanks!

 

 

same here just noticed that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Mike can i split this so the 3 in the middle panel, the basic/default code seems to say otherwise in the initial green text.  before i dive into the bottomless pit.... :p

20171121012338_1.thumb.jpg.2fa6aada1e74c

If you want to switch it so the triple panel is in the middle instead of on the right - switch the code for the middle and right panels around code should be commented where the panels start and end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you want to switch it so the triple panel is in the middle instead of on the right - switch the code for the middle and right panels around code should be commented where the panels start and end.

I thought as much the basic panels seems to say otherwise cheers Mike (as per #Legend)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Draktor said:

@michaeltmurrayuk great effort on this, it is fantastic. I did notice that the new patch removes the roles & duties, is there anyway to get these back for the opposition?

Thanks!

 

 

Same instructions from previous years should get it back (though it might be disabled again in another patch):

You need to edit the 'tactics icon basic horizontal info panel' xml file found in the panels/tactics folder (you'll need to extract it from the panels.fmf file and copy it into that location for your skin), in the file locate this bit of code:

<container id="rodu" height="10">

And remove the id so it should look like:

<container id="" height="10">

(If you've edited the formations screens to use different tactic icon files you'll need to edit them in the same way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kabalyer said:

You need to move the 'tactics icon basic horizontal info panel' to the skin/panels/tactics folder

I cant find that file or the panel/tactics folder.  I have downloaded the mod and when opening up the panels folder I only have a match folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

It's always a must have, every year.

 

 

Screenshot (736).png

If only i had the screen space to nail it, like that :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

You got it all covered and have expanded stats :thup:

Love the scoreboard might go with a bbc one looking at that... nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

@michaeltmurrayuk how can i remove inner box in match in between highlights panel review ?

 

0vqgEAj.jpg

match in between highlights panel review.xml

The outer box should be controlled by those panels - change the bordered_box container classes to something else for each panel.

For the inner boxes they should be controlled by the 'client object viewer selector match' xml file found in the \panels\client_object\ folder (which you'll need to extract from the game files) in that changing the container class to something else or adding an appearance line should change it for all the match panels, if you only want the review panels changed then in the review file above locate the match_view_selector_panel widgets for each panel and change the file path at the end to point to a different custom file you've created and then edit that file.

For the inner inner bits that show around the content then you'd need to edit the actual xml files that are linked in the review file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...