Sports Interactive Community
knap

FM18 WOF 343 Knap

Started a new season with Arsenal using the FM18.2.1KnapWOF343P103CFPCFP105
Just got to the end of the first month(August2017)

2-1 Win vs Chelsea in Charity Shield
3-0 Win vs West Brom
2-5 Win vs Burnley
8-0 Win vs Liverpool <---- was insane, Walcott got 6 goals, 1 assist.:D

Hi knap,

These two tactics wof343 106pts with poacher and goodbye343vol2 with poacher will be my favorites

whichone is more consistent knap ?

for underdog its better with goodbye?

thanks

Walcott is a very useful FM Player.

Have to wait for the 180 game testing starts, without the variables that are in my games to consider most consistent.

Goodbye should still be better underdog

This tactic started really well for my first 10 games. All of a sudden it's collapsed. My team is being over-run, only taking long shots, no short passing. Morale is very good and nothing has changed in terms of training. Not sure why it's happened!

Who takes team Talks, Press, training? Have you checked dressing room support? Which team?

I'm Preston so not a top team but the initial start was so good I thought it would be ok. I do team talks and talk to press - I tend to leave training on balanced (I've always done this on FM so perhaps an issue here?). Dressing room support is very good. 

I have just changed to the GOODBYE tactic - the problem is finishing. I create a hat full of chances and miss them all. So much so its comical as we have missed 4 penalties in a row!

Can you let AM do team talks press and training. GOODBYE should be the better choice of tactic.

So I decided to come back to this tactic after 10 games away and won 7-0 against Notts Forest!

Do you let the AM do general and match training?

Edited by TheDentalist

I just over ride AM for positional, the AM will change match training as appropriate. There is also a guide for pre season.

I am using FMT atm but usually use AM for all training. This is from last year with regard to training

PRE-SEASON

general training -TEAM COHESION HIGH 

scheduling 50% (no rest before-no rest after match)

match preparation = MATCH TACTICS

before the 1st game of the season 

general training -BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before -REST after match)

keep 50% match preparation MATCH TACTICS until 100% fluid,

after that the training should be like this

general training BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before- REST after match)

10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)

this till the end of the season , of course if you buy some players in January you drop the familiarity and you must again adjust the scheduling to 50% and match tactics

343 works well in premiership for sure. Thinking of starting a game in lower leagues and working way up, any recommendation of tactic to use in lower leagues when probably be underdog most of the time?

Look for pace for fwds wbs and CBs.

Few ways to play as Underdog. GOODBYE VOL 2 is probably best underdog tactic, but with all tactics more difficult games counter or contain (See Volante thread).

For LLs I tend to use same tactic as in Prem.

I do have a basix mixed passing 343, which may be LL style but not tested yet at that level.

3 hours ago, knap said:

Look for pace for fwds wbs and CBs.

Few ways to play as Underdog. GOODBYE VOL 2 is probably best underdog tactic, but with all tactics more difficult games counter or contain (See Volante thread).

For LLs I tend to use same tactic as in Prem.

I do have a basix mixed passing 343, which may be LL style but not tested yet at that level.

Thanks.

Which tactic can beat 60% possession? I was trying Argus 3-4-3 (China tweak), Volante 4-4-2, WOF 3-4-3, WOF 3-5-2, Midsommer 4-4-2, all of them give a result in titles, but possession float from 40% to 50%, rarely 55%.

I do not usually set up tactics for high possession . WOKING 451 was originally, when set up in FM 16, a control possession tactic.

FM 17 WOF 3430 on counter had 60 +% possession. This is same tactic with 3 fwds on attack with lower possession.

Sorry to ask this, but of all the 3-4-3 tactics which do you think is best for or which version would you use for Atletico?

Rough guide as what tactics to use

Top team

BLUE MATTER 433

ARGUS 433

GOODBYE 442/4231/451

WOF 343

PILGRIMAGE 343

WOKING 451

Sub Top

WOF 343

Volante 442 including BBM and BWM

PILGRIMAGE 343

GOODBYE 343

ARGUS 343

Underdog

Volante 442 anchor

GOODBYE VOL 2

ARGUS 343

WOF 352

Strikerless

Edited Tue

Hey,

Im a few years into a save. Im blackburn came 2nd in the prem last season. 

Also i am Ireland manager but seems to be working ok for them although only played a couple games with them

I would not change if winning, and I have adjusted the other tactics to the same 3 at back as CF version

Edited by knap

On 18.1.2018 at 12:51, knap said:

Rough guide as what tactics to use

Edited Tue

Thank you very much.

Your tactics are the best out there, fantastic work!

Hey, @knap I'm losing games against some weak teams in my 3rd season, I think my opponents are playing more defensively now. So any fix?
Should I change mentality?

Raises a few interesting questions. The tactic is tested with a top team and therefore the AI should already play a defensive game when the tactic is set up. Last year using full testing it was demonstrated that by only increasing reputation the effectiveness of a tactic diminished. This applied to tactics set up with a top team or underdog.

The problem maybe that your reputation has exceeded squad quality or there is perhaps overconfidence and squad not playing to potential.

It is possible that dropping to control may help with looking after ball.

Sometimes an individual player may be not up to standard and is a weak link.

A change of tactic may help - ARGUS 343 plays a slightly different team shape or BLUE MATTER 433 a different approach.

If you need a goal try the 415 double T tweak.

Try a more Fergie like team talk or try a team talk guide.

I assume you can't hold a team meeting.

Sometimes you are just unlucky in a few games rather than playing badly. If the team looks like they are playing badly then there is more likely to be a management issue.

Thanks for answer. ;)

Main problem is that my player Fiete Arp had 42 goals scored and 27 assists in 51 games, won a golden shoe,  now 4 goals scored in 14 games.
My second best striker Javi Ontiveros had 33 goals and 17 assists in 42 games played, now 15 played 5 goals, 4 assists.

fwrxgtq.png
I had games like this in previous season.

My strikers miss a lot goal scoring opportunities this season, chances are created, but something is wrong with finishing.

I'm managing Malaga, won La Liga last season, two seasons ago 2nd place in la liga + won europa league. Reputation is now global, it was continental previous season, maybe that's a problem as you're saying.
Team meeting is not avaible, I'm also using Artisan team talk guide that u posted.

I'll play some games with control mentality and see what will happen.

Edited by 808

If you are still having problems after a few games (Also try AM for team talks), send me your save and I will have a look..

This normally happens mate.

As knap said the reputation factor increases and outplays the squaf quality factor i have a save with gladbach in bundesliga i managed to do the same as u finishing 2nd in the first season and then wining the league in the 2nd season then my reputation increased a lot and i struggled in the third season a bit however managed to finish 4rth in the league and then i improved my team massively and in my forth season i was unstoppable with winning all cometitions and scoring 134 goals in the league where they have just 34 matches instead of 38 and breaking record for points with having 92 points on board with 30 wins 2 draws 2 defeats

What i want to say is keep improving the team and in the long term tactic will produce very gud reaults dont look at tactic by just one average season look at the tactic on a broader scale

for example if i would have judged my tactic on the basis of the season in which i finished 4rth then i would have said it is a bad tactic cause i was predicted to finish 3rd.But instead i looked at the tactic as a whole of 4 seasons in which i managed to win a treble and a league and once runner up.keep going and u will have incredible success on the broader scale

Ok, so I played 26 games after changing to control + AM doing team talks.

Results below
 Bax677S.png

26 games - 22 wins, 3 loses, 1 draw.
So it's definitely an improvement.

Thanks for help. ;)

Tested in latest patch and Lpool are more a sub top team. There is also a change in midfield partnership allowing a more creative player than previous versions.