Can you disable switch to 3D camera (begin of match/halftime/end of match)

In FM2018, I have selected the 2D Classic camera, but during halftime when the stats are shown and after the game, the game switches the camera to a 3D camera.

Because my PC has a bad graphics card, the screen hangs a bit, the mouse doesn't move good, it's not a good experience.

I cannot lower the graphics settings anymore, because on Low and very low it even impacts the 2D .... the circles are becoming extremely blurry when doing this, so I have to keep my graphics settings at medium to have a decent 2D, but when the camera switches to 3D, this is way to heavy for my machine. (and I think it also drains my battery alot more, even though you don't watch these screens very long, every % count ;) )

Is there anything I can do about this?

7 hours ago, bennytee said:

classic 2D is gone, it now uses the 3D engine.

Yes, but in 2D, even now it uses the 3D engine and the graphics card I have a steady 60fps. It has alot less to render than with the other camera's
During the cutscenes the framerate drops to 20 or lower....

It's not an issue that the 2D is now rendered by the 3D engine, it's an issue that the cutscenes use another camera.... the developers should be aware that some people who choose the 2D camera do this because the other camera's render afwull due to a low system configuration. Those should be able to have the "2D pitch" or a blank background during the pre-game/halft-time/end of game stats

12 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Yes, but in 2D, even now it uses the 3D engine and the graphics card I have a steady 60fps. It has alot less to render than with the other camera's
During the cutscenes the framerate drops to 20 or lower....

It's not an issue that the 2D is now rendered by the 3D engine, it's an issue that the cutscenes use another camera.... the developers should be aware that some people who choose the 2D camera do this because the other camera's render afwull due to a low system configuration. Those should be able to have the "2D pitch" or a blank background during the pre-game/halft-time/end of game stats

I hear you, even worse for me on my windows tablet.  FM17 ran like a dream for me albeit on low graphics, FM18 buffers even on the very low settings on 3D and as a consequence 2D.

I completely agree that the 3D and indeed cut-scenes shouldn't be mandatory but thats the price of progress i suppose

Archived