Sports Interactive Community

I have already reported this like a week ago I just thought  it was because it was the beta but even after the new game came out I’m still getting the game crashing after games with this message displayed in the photo coming up and my mouse and laptop mouse not working I can move the curser just not click anything on the game this is spoiling my game play so I would appreciate someone answering this please thanks 

9897B7A2-E16D-44D5-AC07-C195E3604DF4.jpeg

In the same boat pal i guess you can try everything i have been told to do but its still not working

Okay we're investigating this issue currently, apologies you're encountering it in your game. When we have any further information we'll let you know.

Thanks. 

Neil if you find a solution can you post it here please because I’m losing my patience with the game 

15 hours ago, united99 said:

Neil if you find a solution can you post it here please because I’m losing my patience with the game 

How often exactly are you seeing this issue? Is it after every match? 

12 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

How often exactly are you seeing this issue? Is it after every match? 

It varys it can be after say 6/7 hours playing or sometimes after the first game. I did notice it happened quite often in the game after the first group game in the champions league 

Now as I saved it and it came out this popped up its to late to go back into it now but if it means it didn’t save then I will have had enough of the game and I would like a refund please 

431DB1F3-9264-4623-8564-609790D467A3.jpeg

Okay we've just released update 18.1.2 for Football Manager 2018 so please try again now and let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

Neil I’ve not had any crashes YET but the photo above was after the update but I’m not sure what it was because my game saved 

No it seemed to work but I just had two more crashes at the same place at the end of a game again I am really losing my patience now  hadn’t had one in weeks then have two in two days this is seriously making me think should I even bother buying it next year 

Hi @united99

These latest crashes you've had, did they occur when trying to leave the match? Did they produce a crash dump file? Crash files can be found in the following location - C:\Users\[Your Name]\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\crash dumps

Yes like all the other times comes up with the stupid players are warming up message and as I said I’m losing patience 

Just to confirm, are you on the latest 18.1.3 update?

Does this 'teams are warming up' message appear before or after your full time team talk? 

Are you running any custom graphics/logos/add-ons etc? If so, does the same thing happen if you remove them? Let us know, thanks. 

Okay can you please post your dxdiag for us? Details here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-find-my-system-dxdiag-r400/

Also how many leagues are you running with what sized database? If within your save you go to 'FM' -> 'Add/Remove Leagues', how many players are loaded? 

Let us know, thanks.

no downloads no and I only have the English league with a large database about 13,000 players 

Okay your graphics card drivers appear to be a little out of date, can you please try the following and let us know if it helps?

On it now I’m October not done it yet has updating my card worked because I’m guessing it would say different if I had

And again this is making me lose patience how can I have a good game going when it keeps freezing 

This might sound strange m8 but i had this problem for a while i done everything the admins/mods told me to do but what has seemed to work for me is ticking the box that says use caching to decrease page loading times you will find that in preferences/interface. I will say i get the odd freeze on it but its nothing like what i was getting before.  

Ok I will try that when my laptop loads back up been loading up for 30 minutes because only way of getting it off is to turn the laptop off

43 minutes ago, united99 said:

Ok I will try that when my laptop loads back up been loading up for 30 minutes because only way of getting it off is to turn the laptop off

Start task manager and close fm from there pal if it happens  your not the only 1 this happens to i know a spent weeks on here asking for help do this do that i even got another pc still the same outcome until i tried this

On 30/12/2017 at 10:26, united99 said:

It’s just done it again 

C1D25C76-6F90-4AD2-A15F-5BEAE4C0457A.jpeg

In that screenshot it appears the LCD ad hoardings are appearing black as well - what graphics quality are you running the game in? 

And at this stage you're unable to click on any button/aspect of the screen? Or are you just unable to leave the match? Did you conduct any kind of team talk? 

Okay I've sent you a private message in regards to your issue. Please read and respond. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, brianmaguire2000 said:

i have a similar problem when it comes to the match they kick off then it freezes 

Please read the FAQ thread and open your own thread for help with this

On 15/11/2018 at 09:00, brianmaguire2000 said:

any ideas what is causing this?

No- once you have read my last post, read the FAQ thread, opened your own thread and given me some details, I may be able to advise.