Sports Interactive Community

Is there anyone I can speak to directly about a problem I'm having? I try and cloud save my games so that I can play on two different devices but the save simply is not transferring over to my desired device. When I try to load up on the cloud there is no game saves at all. 

To test this I have started a game on the device which isn't loading up/can't find the initial save and doing a cloud save with a separate career. My other device CAN detect this save.

To try and put it simply. One device can load a game from the cloud, the other device cannot. And I am using the same steam account on both devices.

Okay do you have any anti-virus installed on either machine? We'd suggest configuring it as shown in the FAQ link below:

Let us know if it helps at all. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Okay do you have any anti-virus installed on either machine? We'd suggest configuring it as shown in the FAQ link below:

Let us know if it helps at all. Thanks. 

I have since uninstalled my anti-virus software, uninstalled and reinstalled FM 18 but the save still isn't apparent on one of my devices

I uninstalled it on the only device I had it on so yes there's no more anti-virus on both devices

Yes, I'm leaving it open after the game for quite a long period of time because some people are stating that it takes a while for their saves to transfer across. But I'm still not able to load the save across to my desired device. Are there any files or screenshots you'd like me to attach to help the issue?

20 hours ago, hbroady said:

Yes, I'm leaving it open after the game for quite a long period of time because some people are stating that it takes a while for their saves to transfer across. But I'm still not able to load the save across to my desired device. Are there any files or screenshots you'd like me to attach to help the issue?

Can you verify for us:

- Are you on an admin account?

- If you go to FM -> Properties within Steam, do you have Cloud Synchronisation enabled?

- Is your save game in this folder:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\cloud\games

Failing the above, please try again. Please make sure on PC2 you log out of Steam and back in to check it has been synced. 

- What are your internet upload and download speeds?

If the issue is still persisting, we'll walk you through getting some info from Steam Dev console which will indicate what the cloud is doing.

Thanks. 

- Yes I'm an admin on the account

- Yes I have Cloud synchronisation enabled

- The cloud save is on one of the folders on my machines, but is not on the one I want to load it onto

- My speeds are 9 PING, 60 Mbps Download, 5 Mbps Upload

On 22/11/2017 at 11:53, Lucas Weatherby said:

Can you verify for us:

- Are you on an admin account?

- If you go to FM -> Properties within Steam, do you have Cloud Synchronisation enabled?

- Is your save game in this folder:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\cloud\games

Failing the above, please try again. Please make sure on PC2 you log out of Steam and back in to check it has been synced. 

- What are your internet upload and download speeds?

If the issue is still persisting, we'll walk you through getting some info from Steam Dev console which will indicate what the cloud is doing.

Thanks. 

Hi, any updates on how to fix this?

Not sure if I was given up on but I fixed the issue. I transferred the game save file from one system onto google drive, and then downloaded it and placed it in the appropriate folder on my new device

I know I'm obviously talking to myself but the save is only a momentary fix. Even though I have cloud saved it on the new device It will now not pick up the cloud save on the original device

Okay, to find out exactly whats happening is a little long winded, but please follow these steps on the machine you are trying to upload the cloud save from. 

First of all, please make sure Steam is fully closed. 

Right click the Steam shortcut on your desktop -> Properties

In the Target field it should read: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -dev -console

Press Ok, and relaunch Steam. 

When you relaunch Steam you will now see a new tab link on the Steam window called Console. Click this. 

Enter the following text:

set_spew_level 4 4

Launch FM, and then close FM.

Copy all of the text in the Console to a text file and attach it here. We'll be able to see why Steam isn't able to upload the file. 

On 5-12-2017 at 11:46, Lucas Weatherby said:

Okay, to find out exactly whats happening is a little long winded, but please follow these steps on the machine you are trying to upload the cloud save from. 

First of all, please make sure Steam is fully closed. 

Right click the Steam shortcut on your desktop -> Properties

In the Target field it should read: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -dev -console

Press Ok, and relaunch Steam. 

When you relaunch Steam you will now see a new tab link on the Steam window called Console. Click this. 

Enter the following text:

set_spew_level 4 4

Launch FM, and then close FM.

Copy all of the text in the Console to a text file and attach it here. We'll be able to see why Steam isn't able to upload the file. 

I have the similar problem.

My PC can't see the saved files that in saved in the cloud with my laptop.

FM18 no cloud sync.txt

On 03/01/2018 at 08:23, jamlauwen said:

FM18 no cloud sync.txt

Do either of your machines have any kind of anti-virus installed? If so, what type on each? 

Have you tried configuring them to make sure they're not interfering as stated in the FAQ link below?

Let us know, thanks. 

20 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Do either of your machines have any kind of anti-virus installed? If so, what type on each? 

Have you tried configuring them to make sure they're not interfering as stated in the FAQ link below?

Let us know, thanks. 

Just have Windows Defender.

I have the same issue:

I save it on Cloud on PC1

PC2: not shown under “Cloud” when i click load

But:

When i Save on cloud on PC2

i can see it and load it on PC1 !! 

Will follow above steps and inform you

On 3 January 2018 at 08:23, jamlauwen said:

FM18 no cloud sync.txt

Which computer is this log text from? According to this, the log says that:

The save files in sync when you launched the game:
Sydney FC.fm
Feyenoord (v02).fm
Feyenoord.fm
Feyenoord (v03).fm
Sydney FC (v02).fm
Sydney FC (v03).fm

Files that were updated and uploaded on exit:

Sydney FC.fm
Feyenoord (v02).fm
Feyenoord.fm
Feyenoord (v03).fm
Sydney FC (v02).fm
Sydney FC (v03).fm

These were all uploaded successfully according to the log.

Therefore when you go to the other computer, as long as Steam cloud synchronisation is ticked in your Steam > FM Properties, you should be able to see these from the cloud tab when you go to load a save.

What you can try if you're not sure it is updating the save game properly is to just save the game again, under a different name if need be.