Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
aleontiou

Anyone else celebrate?

anybody else genuinely celebrate when they score an importan goal, theres the odd fist pump but apart from that ive been known to jump out my chair, yep im in my late 20s but fm has always had this effect on me lol

I once knackered my knee after Walter Birsa scored a 85th minute equaliser on the last day of the season to get us promoted. 

I celebrate all my goals. I also yell at my players when they make mistakes or miss easy chances. The wife makes fun of me and says "it's only a game". She doesn't understand. :mad::lol:

3 minutes ago, xChris11 said:

I celebrate all my goals. I also yell at my players when they make mistakes or miss easy chances. The wife makes fun of me and says "it's only a game". She doesn't understand. :mad::lol:

They never do, my wife is still puzzled as to why I have a seemingly random dislike for West Brom. (It's because I can never seem to beat them in FM.)

14 hours ago, monkeywool said:

They never do, my wife is still puzzled as to why I have a seemingly random dislike for West Brom. (It's because I can never seem to beat them in FM.)

Me girlfriend soon to be wife also said it’s just a silly game. It’s somethink that I’ve been doing since 1992 and you will never understand the joy to be had when you win the europa league with Eupen after 15 seasons or trying. Two goals from Tony Goote (a regan) who liked me and the club on his favioured list but still left for Lyon, the pain it cut deep. This game is just so consuming I love it. 

Oh yea always celebrate, especially a late winner which my wolves team has been quite good at at times in my save. Even the other day in the 2nd season with wolves and in the prem, we had quite a good start then went on a terrible run of 10 losses in 15 games and went out of both cups and it put us quite close to the relegation zone, then played Huddersfield and was 0-0, then we got a free kick in the 93rd minute and Leigh Griffiths stepped up and slotted it in to win it and end our bad run, was quite a big celebration when that went in, think I made the misses jump ha.

15 hours ago, xChris11 said:

I do this as well, always yelling at my laptop especially when a player shoots and misses instead is squaring it to another player who would of had a better chance, that annoys me.

I've toned the celebrations own over the years (I'm now 43) but it'll still use the occasional "Get in!!" when scoring in an important game.

The wife caught me the other day muttering "that b------, as soon I can get a suitable replacement he can f---- right off." When she asked me who I was talking about, I had to explain that I had asked my captain to show a new payer around and he refused - saying he didn't feel it was his responsibility. The wife (who I've been with since Championship manager 3) just smiled and said pityingly "Oh dear, he's not a very good captain."

16 hours ago, aleontiou said:

anybody else genuinely celebrate when they score an importan goal, theres the odd fist pump but apart from that ive been known to jump out my chair, yep im in my late 20s but fm has always had this effect on me lol

Dude, I'm in my 50s and do that - it doesn't get better with age. I don't even get so excited when watching real footy on the telly.

18 minutes ago, Dalglish said:

I've toned the celebrations own over the years (I'm now 43) but it'll still use the occasional "Get in!!" when scoring in an important game.

The wife caught me the other day muttering "that b------, as soon I can get a suitable replacement he can f---- right off." When she asked me who I was talking about, I had to explain that I had asked my captain to show a new payer around and he refused - saying he didn't feel it was his responsibility. The wife (who I've been with since Championship manager 3) just smiled and said pityingly "Oh dear, he's not a very good captain."

Stick with her mate my missus wouldn’t be saying that, I got my championship manager mug thrown at me because the cup of tea I asked her to make I forgot about. Can’t leave during the cup final. 

I might do a little fist pump if we score an important goal. I do quite a lot of moaning at players..my fullback can only hit the side netting with a cross, so he's my main target of abuse. The dog doesn't like the moaning though and will get off the sofa and sit outside until someone comforts him...

13 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I should add that with the custom club that I create I make my missus the chairman. It means I've got someone to blame when I don't get enough transfer funds!

That's a good idea. I usually add my kids (with random stats) in the youth set-up  - so why not have the whole family involved.

I rarely score important goals in FM, but when I do I usually scream out loud. Last time I scared my cat who slept on my desk, and she knocked down an large opened bottle of Pepsi. Luckely nothing got damaged.

When I concede a goal I try to stay calm and I look to my right side, to my fictional assistant and ask him with my eyes if he has any idea left.. All from my desk.

3 hours ago, Lorenz7 said:

When I concede a goal I try to stay calm and I look to my right side, to my fictional assistant and ask him with my eyes if he has any idea left.. All from my desk.

I know the felling only ten minutes ago was shouting at my midfield and asking mr. Quanten (my assistant) any ideas.  

All the time, It doesnt change with ageing!

Even on penalty shoot outs, each one we score I stick to the same position, an same celebration so not to jinx the next one :lol:

On 15/11/2017 at 17:21, aleontiou said:

My missus jumped out of her chair when I celebrated a goal so loud that it scared her :D

Yes!! Football Manager is life! I won the league cup with Coventry in my game FM15 and nearly broke my spine celebrating hahaha