Recovering Overwritten Editor Data

Fergus52

I was half asleep last night working on my editor file for my first fm 2018 game, and I accidently saved over the editor data file, overwriting and undoing a lot of changes (around 3 hours work.) 

I tried to install recuva to recover the old editor data, however I have a macbook which isn't compatible with this programme. I also tried to use time machine but I didn't have a recent enough backup. 

On the settings tab for this years editor, there are two check boxes titled "save back up file" and "enable data recovery", this gives me hope that I will be able to recover the lost files but I am not sure how to. Does anyone have any ideas on how to try and get the old version of the file back? I'm assuming that it is still somewhere on my hard drive, due the mentioned checkboxed both being ticked the whole time I was working on the file. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

There is a backup folder where the backups are located. There should also be a file with the exension .tmp in your editor folder. Rename this to .dbc and load it into the editor.

Thanks for the reply,

I can't find the back up folder :(. Should it just be in the "football manager 2018" folder? or could it be somewhere else?

In the editor data folder there is only the config.xml file and the overwritten .fmf editor data. 

I was wondering if there is any software, such as disk drill, that can recover .fmf files? I was looking but couldn't find any. 

Archived