Transfer league standings from two divisions

Palman

Hi people,

I'm having an issue with a relegation/promotion playoff I have set up in advanced editor. Basically the playoff is another league with 8 teams - 2 from the top league (the 2 teams that finished last) and 6 from the second tier (the 6 best placed). I want to transfer standings for all 8 teams, but it seems the editor only allows you to take standings from one particular round at a time.

To get around this issue, I created a hidden round with the 8 teams and split them up in two groups (2 in Group 1 and 6 in Group 2) and then I tried to configure each group individually with the transfer standings option - so one group take standings from the top tier, and the second group takes it from the second tier - surprisingly no standings were transfered - even though I know I configured it correctly.

Do any of you have an idea how to work around this issue?

@krlenjushka Do you know if it is possible to add a line of code in the XML that make the game look through more than one round of standings - for example a code could be rewritten to look through round 0 of competition 1 and after round 0 of competition 2?

I have included the file without changes - It is top tier round 2 which functions as the relegation playoff. So, I want standings from 'Superliga' round 0 and '1. Division' round 0.

/Patrick 

Superliga03.xml

@krlenjushka I want to rectreate the Danish football system pre-1995. In this the fall-season were league and spring-season was purely playoff.

http://www.danskfodbold.com/tabel.php?seasonid=1994

When I come home I'll try to set up a parent competition structure. I know there is an option to have the editor look over for example round 0 in all parent competitions.

@krlenjushka I just realized actually the format is a bit different:

The top 8 teams in the top tier gets 50% of their points with them to the championship-playoff

The team placed 9th ALWAYS gets 8 points with them to the promotion/relegation playoff
The team placed 10th always gets 7 points with them to the promotion/relegation playoff

The top 6 teams of the second tier gets 33% of their points with them to the promotion/relegation playoff.

Now the question: are there any way to pre-define amount of points for a round? I know you can pre-define deductions of points.

1 minute ago, Palman said:

@krlenjushka I just realized actually the format is a bit different:

The top 8 teams in the top tier gets 50% of their points with them to the championship-playoff

The team placed 9th ALWAYS gets 8 points with them to the promotion/relegation playoff
The team placed 10th always gets 7 points with them to the promotion/relegation playoff

The top 6 teams of the second tier gets 33% of their points with them to the promotion/relegation playoff.

Now the question: are there any way to pre-define amount of points for a round? I know you can pre-define deductions of points.

no there isnt or i dont know anything about that

2 hours ago, Palman said:

@krlenjushka I found this option under 'Competition', but couldn't get it to work. Could you, or do you have an old file where it is in use?

i think i have file somewhere. cant remember about settings but if i find that file i will let you know. still you have problem how to join stats from 2 stages in 1.

Archived