Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ronaldo Beckham

Anyone Played In The Swiss League Yet

Go on @smplfc123 join the revolution lol, but seriously Young Boys is a fun save but have a good look at the other Swiss teams out there, Sion have a good team and Jogo recommended Zurich to me so have a look at them.

Young Boys FC August and September Update

Not been the best first 2 months of the season for me since my last update I am letting in too many goals, especially late in the game and not winning enough games.

I lost to ST. Gallen and then lost to Inter Milan 3-2 in the Champions League play off, if I just got that 3 goal I would of been through on away goals I think but oh well I am in the Europa League group stage, I lost 3-2 to Lyon and then beat Rosenborg 3-2 so 3 points out of 6 so far.

I can't seem to get many victories in the league, I am currently languishing in 7th place with 12 points, Basel are top with 20 points, I think the league will be a bit hard to win in my first season.

It makes me appreciate how good of a manager @Jogo Bonito is, he seems to have worked wonders with Young Boys.

Roger Assale seems to do well on the left wing as an Advanced Playmaker, scoring 8 goals, 6 assists and has an average rating of 7.71.

Christian Fassnacht and David Von Ballmos being the other stand out players for me so far.

I seem to be cursed with the injuries as I had a few key players get injuries and out for 2-3 months.

I am hoping to turn things around and close the gap between me and Basel.

Aug & Sept Fixtures.png

Christian Fassnacht.png

David Von Ballmos.png

Injuries.png

Roger Assale.png

@Ronaldo Beckham Trust me, I'm not a good FM manager. Hopefully you can find a formation and tactic that will help you stop leaking goals. Defence is the weak part of the team, hence I would suggest focus on that and defensive shields in midfield - the attacking side will take care of itself. You've been very unlucky with injuries, but you'll need to finish higher than 7th because the board are quite demanding. I enjoyed your updates and look forward to seeing it continue.

Hopefully a few more Swiss managers will roll in to town. I'm looking at you @smplfc123

Thank you @Jogo Bonito I appreciate the kind words. I was stubborn and stuck to my tactic and it worked out well for me.

Young Boys October/November Update

I starting changing my luck with Young Boys, winning 2 league games, 3-2 win over Luzern and a 3-0 win over Lugano. I then lost to Braga in the Europa League. I aint too fussed about being in Europe in my first season as my aim is to win the league this season and test the waters in Europe next season.

The end of October ended well with a 3-1 win over Sion, November was a very good month in the league for me winning every league game I had, I end this update with good news and say that I beat Basel 3-0 in the league and I am top of the league.

I have had a player creep up and become my best player for me, his name is Jean-Pierre N'Same, how has he done for you @Jogo Bonito ?

N'Same is my top scorer with 14 goals in 19 games and an average rating of 7.42, Assale still has the best average rating though.

Beating Basel.png

Fixtures.png

Jean-Pierre N'Same.png

Excellent stuff, congratulations. Being ahead of Basel is not easy, hopefully they won't go the rest of the season unbeaten - they're very capable of doing that.

N'Same does well enough for me, and is beginning to edge out Hoarau as my target man partner for Assale, who I play as a poacher.

BSC Young Boys FC Jan, Feb, March Update

I am starting to dominate in the league, winning most of my games and I am currently 6 points clear ahead of Basel, the next game is very key to the title race as I play Basel who I have a 6 point lead on but they have played a game less then me so if they win against me then the title race is back on, if I win I am 9 points clear.

N'Same continues to score the goals for me, 24 goals in 27 games. Mbabu, Assale and Dario Maresic continue to be my standout players. Maresic was very missed in defense when he was injured and he has come back and been a standout player, the only thing is his attributes have dropped, I have asked him to improve in training but he says he think he has been doing fine lol.

Talking of the defense I have improved it by bringing in Edson Alverez and Franz Brorsson to give me more options there. I also got a a decent back up goalie called Jonas Omlin from Basel.

N'Same won the African Striker Of The Year which was a good morale boost for him. a few of my players won awards in the Super League awards.

Hoping to close the season strong by beating Basel and then winning the title.

I will update sometime tomorrow.

African Striker Of The Year N'Same.png

Jean Pierre N'Same.png

Season So Far.png

Super League Awards Winner.png

Transfers.png

Young Boys Fixtures Jan Feb and March.png

@Ronaldo Beckham Wow. Very quick progress and very impressive form if you're beating Basel and about to clinch the title. That's not easy at all in the first season.

BSC Young Boys FC End Of Season Update

I ended up winning the league with 11 points more then 2nd place Grasshoppers who got 2nd place by goal difference to Basel who finished a rubbish 3rd for them.

I beat Basel 3-0, 3-1 and 4-2 in the 3 out of the 4 league head to heads against them.

My main players were N'Same, Mbabu, Ngamaleu, Fassnacht and Marosic. 

N'Same was a goal machine averaging a goal each game with 37 goals in 37 games. I managed to keep Mbabu and N'Same despite big interest from big clubs.

The finances aint too good so I might have to sell 1 or 2 of my best players if I don't qualify for the group stages of the Champions League.

Cheers to everyone for the kind words and encouragement. I am looking forward to seeing @Jogo Bonito's next update.

3-1 Win Over Basel.png

4-2 Win Over Basel.png

End Of Season.png

Fixtures.png

Maresic.png

Mbabu.png

N'Same.png

Squad End Of Season.png

Swiss League Title.png

Congratulations @Ronaldo Beckham on a great season! N'same really was a goal machine! Interested to see what you do in the summer with those finances.

Yeah so far I have only sold Kevin Mbabu and I tried to find a full back to replace him with but the ones I wanted were out of my price range so I had a read of this thread again and bought a player @Jogo Bonito signed called Khaled Narey, sorry Jogo for buying the same player as you but he is a good back up for my full backs.

Other transfers in so far have been Kevin Bua from Basel for 1.5m, Mario Piccinocchi for 1.5m and I got Rhiann Brewster on loan as well.

Mbabu Sale.png

Transfers.png

BSC Young Boys FC Start Of Season Update

I have started the season really well, winning all my pre season games, league games and Champions League Play off games, I have qualified for the group stage of the Champions League, I have been drawn in a tough group with Chelsea, Leverkusen and Athletico Madrid, a bit of group of death but my aim is to get a win or 2 and maybe get 3rd place so I get into the Europa League.

Transfers wise I had to sell some players to balance the books, I had no choice in selling Dario Maresic as he had a 7m release clause that SPAL activated and signed him, I also sold Christian Fassnacht for 11.75m to Fiorentina as the offer was too good to turn down.

I made 34m in player sales plus the Champions League group money, my bank balance is currently 24m.

I have bought in a few players, mostly players for the future and to add some squad depth, I signed Christian Schoissengeyr from Austria Wien as Maresic's replacement for 1.1m.

I managed to keep N'Same who has banged in 10 goals in 7 games so far. I can see him getting signed up by a bigger team in January.

Champions League Group.png

Fixtures.png

Season So Far.png

Transfers.png

Great start to the season @Ronaldo Beckham A shame that you're not given the backing despite all of that money coming in from players sold. 

Hopefully you can hold on to N'Same for a while yet!

I would get bored if they gave me loads to spend, I always enjoy getting bargains and making profit from them so it is all good, I had 4m to spend and I was happy to spend it all as I had 24m in the bank so I knew it wouldn't affect me too much, I still negotiated the fees with 48 month deals in place to spread the cost.

@Ronaldo Beckham Congratulations. I was interested to see how badly Basel did against you. Last season I got 73 points, but they got 76 points. I don't know how you managed to get your finances like that, but after your sales and your CL group participation, you will no longer have anything to worry about. I don't know how you get to play so fast, but you're probably past me now as I've only done 9 out of 36 Super League games of season 2. No worries on you signing Narey, hopefully he will be a useful member of the squad.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

@Ronaldo Beckham Congratulations. I was interested to see how badly Basel did against you. Last season I got 73 points, but they got 76 points. I don't know how you managed to get your finances like that, but after your sales and your CL group participation, you will no longer have anything to worry about. I don't know how you get to play so fast, but you're probably past me now as I've only done 9 out of 36 Super League games of season 2. No worries on you signing Narey, hopefully he will be a useful member of the squad.

Yeah I have a fast processor laptop, I holiday in between games and I tend to spend any free time I have playing on FM, I have no social life so if I aint at work I am on my laptop lol.

BSC Young Boys FC Sept-Feb Update

I aint had a very good 2nd season, I think selling a lot of players and having to replace them aint helped, N'Same has been my best player again and even won the Superleague Player Of The Year but he has been a rare shining light.

My finances are good, we have 22m in the bank with transfer clauses as well so extra money from them.

I have lost the first 2 head to heads of the season against Basel, I am 7 points behind top of the league Sion, 3 points behind 2nd place Basel. 

I was in a similar situation this time last season but I just got a feeling it might be too much for my squad this year, I would be happy with 2nd place though.

I also have got Sion in the Swiss Cup semi final so if I win the cup in my 2nd season and get 2nd place that would be good but lets see what I can do, I might be able to win the title.

Fixtures.png

Jordan Lotumba Superleague Youngster Of The Year.png

N'Same Super League Player Of The Year.png

Season So Far.png

Superleague Awards.png

Tean Of The Year.png

Transfers.png

@Ronaldo Beckham Well, that is quite a turnover of players, but financially the club is looking much stronger now. Hopefully your form will pick up like it did last season and see you towards a second title.

I haven't progressed much but I'm having an interesting second season so far.

Yeah Jogo I am really looking forward to seeing your next career post as I always find your posts interesting, I just have more free time on my hands then you do, but your posts are more quality then quantity.

I am currently top now with 24 games gone but will do a proper update in a bit.

Free time @Ronaldo Beckham ?? What on earth is that?

I've made the mistake of getting a fiance and new house within a few months of a each other, add on that I'm currently studying for my coaching badges and then add on to that my job,  my FM time is very much forged through late nights and the odd day off. Hence me taking about a week to settle on a team :lol:

Looking forward to your update as always @Jogo Bonito

@smplfc123 Have you figured out what team you are going to be yet then ?

I wish I had a fiancee mate, I aint even had a girlfriend in a bout 2 years but I wont depress you with my lack of love life lol. 

Switzerland seems a very intriguing idea for FM19 i may try it myself to be fair..

16 minutes ago, steff91 said:

Switzerland seems a very intriguing idea for FM19 i may try it myself to be fair..

Why wait for FM19? ;)

@Ronaldo Beckham and @smplfc123 thanks for the encouragement, hopefully whenever the update comes it will be worth reading. As for the work/life balance, there's no perfect formula I guess, but thanks for sharing your real life management bios :lol:

33 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

@Ronaldo Beckham Trust me mate sometimes I wish I was in your situation :lol: 

No problem @Jogo Bonito, anything to keep the thread lively ;)

I have chosen my team by the way and it's not YB :herman:

You think you can beat Young Boys? :herman: 

It may not even be in Switzerland, but if it is...welcome.

BSC Young Boys FC End Of Season Update

I ended up going on a great run in the last few months, seems to be a familiar trend, I was unbeaten in 16 games until I lost to Basel but I won the title and ended with a 13 point difference to 2nd place Basel.

N'Same is my Harry Kane, he is the man I can rely on and he got 35 goals in 33 appearances.

Jordan Lotomba got the highest average rating with 7.64 rating, 5 goals and 10 assists. I can't see him being at the club much longer.

Other mentions go to Roger Assale who got 15 goals in 33 games, 15 assists and an average rating of 7.60.

I managed to win Manager of the Year and also won the Swiss cup beating Thun 3-1 in the final.

I am probably going to do one more season and then take a break from the save as I got a few other short term saves I fancy doing and then maybe going back to this save before FM 19 comes out.

Double.png

Fixtures.png

Manager Of The Year.png

N'Same Topscorer.png

Squad.png

Superleague Retained.png

Just now, Jogo Bonito said:

Why wait for FM19? ;)

@Ronaldo Beckham and @smplfc123 thanks for the encouragement, hopefully whenever the update comes it will be worth reading. As for the work/life balance, there's no perfect formula I guess, but thanks for sharing your real life management bios :lol:

Hmm theres an idea i guess

Could be a very short save though :D 

BSC Young Boys Pre Season Transfer Update

Another high turnover of players. main transfers out were Jordan Lotomba for 13m to Napoli who seem to like my right backs as they bought Mbabu off me as well. I also sold Ulsisses Garcia for 8.75m to Marseille. I made 28m in transfers out.

I signed 13.5m of players to replace what I lost, no stand out players, just getting depth to cover positions.

I will update tomorrow with how I am getting on.

Nah I aint trying to persuade him to do another save as he is probably really enjoying his current save with Young Boys as am I in my save, I am just curious what he has up his sleeve next as he usually has a few saves going at the same time.

@Ronaldo Beckham Well done on a strong finish and second title, very good work. I didn't get time to play any games this week but trying to get some in today which will edge me close to the winter break in season 2. I'll update then, but right now this is the only active game I have. I'll maybe do one more in England before FM19, but this one is keeping me entertained for now.

BSC Young Boys FC Season 3 Update

In my 3rd and last season for now I won the title for the 3rd season in a row, I ended up 16 points ahead of 2nd place Basel.

My main man was N'Same again, he is constantly a great goalscorer playing in a role he aint too used to as an DLF most of the time but still banging the goals in.  

I broke the Swiss transfer record with my record signing of Noah Okafor who I knew well from an Lyon save I did ages ago and he done well when he played, he got 8 goals in 15 games overall but couldn't out N'Same out.

I am going to start a Udinese save tomorrow and as soon as I have the cash I am going to sign N'Same and see how he does in a higher league.

I have really enjoyed the save and I am keeping it in case I want to carry on with it at a later date, so you might see me back in here but will definitely see me back again for FM 2019.

End Of Season Update.png

N'Same.png

Okafor.png

Squad End Of Season.png

Title Retained.png

thumb2-bsc-young-boys-fc-4k-football-club-leather-texture-logo.thumb.jpg.0df5af2294d246f7a13bbe3c7b1511fe.jpg

BSC Young Boys Season 2 (September 2018 - December 2018)

Picking up from my last update, we were top after four league games and had just qualified for the CL group stages

Our fixture run until the winter break in mid-December saw some good, some bad, and some very ugly

The good included the first two results, thumping Lausanne and Zurich (who were second at the time) in the league

We also hammered Sevilla in the CL group 4-1 thanks to N'Same turning on the magic

Title favourites Basel were crushed 5-2 at the start of November, and we then dished out more punishment to Lausanne at the end of that month

We headed in to the winter break with three straight wins, with the rare accomplishment of keeping consecutive clean sheets (long overdue)

The bad was the three Super League defeats, frequent losses in the CL group, and a pitiful QF defeat in the Swiss Cup away to Lausanne

We did however manage to come 3rd in the CL group, with Sevilla a point behind us

The reward from this was a place in the Europa League, although there's little hope of overcoming AS Monaco when that fixture comes along

Luckily, the good outweighed the bad, and the poor form of Basel sees us well-placed at the top of the league table ahead of the winter break 

1131857836_BSCFixtures2.3.thumb.png.b064c29ae29117df9d79348847fbe5c9.png

What of the ugly? Well, some of those results were ugly. But we can do better than that

The winner of this category comes from the lovely kit clash in our Cup win over Stade Nyonnais, ridiculous doesn't even come close

1814008151_StadeNyonnaisvYoungBoys.thumb.png.bb107850dd0b02ac2d3c9c1376c3cc5a.png

Our form in the league hasn't really been much different to last season, great at home and mediocre on the road

But the poor form of Basel has opened the door, and even if they go on an amazing run, we'll be hard-pressed to let them surge past us

The nearest challengers so far are Sion, and thus our 3-1 win over them in the last match was a very important result

Financially, we are doing well, and even the board seem to be happy to let things tick over for now

471264503_BSCprogress2.2.thumb.png.3897425bf6bdd8df664621067649c0e8.png

We'll be heading off to the UAE for three mid-season friendlies soon, but before that we are hosting Brazilian sides Flamengo and Palmeiras on home turf

Then it's the transfer window, but even though we have £15m to spend, we're not really planning to bring anyone in

In fact, there are a few players who might be leaving if the right deals come along as it's time to start bringing some of those youngsters through now

Great updates @Jogo Bonito and @Ronaldo Beckham both doing very well.

Sorry I haven't been able to join you in Switzerland yet, I just haven't had the time. Hopefully i'll be able to jump in wherever you guys decide to do your last games on FM19.

@smplfc123 Thanks, I'm still far from done in Switzerland, maybe will see you before I have finished! 

@Ronaldo Beckham Congratulations on your third title, excellent work. Best of luck with Udinese.

@Jogo Bonito If you are from done, I may set one up then mate. I just feel like with this last save I need someone playing along in the league with me to keep me interested, if that makes sense?

It makes sense, and I'm content here in Switzerland so go for it if you get the time :thup:

I am enjoying keeping up with this thread, I might carry on my Young Boys save some point before FM19 comes out.

I was watching Young Boys FC tonight in the Champions League highlights, they did better then I thought they would, they had a few chances, I am definitely a fan of them now thanks to this thread.

Great work @Jogo Bonito Nice to see that straight line at the top of the chart on the home page! 

Assale is obviously still playing well but not quite the same goalscoring form as last season? 

Alex Song impressive as always on the passing stats. Never forget those perfectly weighted passes over the defence for RVP to smash home a volley.  :D

Keep it up and bring home the title!

I've only played three of my five mid-season friendlies since my last update, but hopefully can get a few more games in some time soon. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can bag that overdue league title.

Update: Edging towards the end of season 2, the next update will follow soon.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

57434178_bsc-young-boysstadium.thumb.jpg.7214b1a949d124fa61d8f7d7a4fa42ed.jpg

Winter break friendlies (season 2) went well with good home wins against top flight teams from Brazil and some powerful victories on our UAE tour

1179951393_BSCFixtures2.4.thumb.png.0eeb6a4cef24983aec271880fadb834f.png

Our Europa League campaign surprisingly saw us through to the QF stage

The best result was overturning Monaco with a 4-2 away win after only drawing the first leg at home

But winning away in Ukraine also surprised me, and we scraped home in the second leg with a draw

We were then totally outclassed by Tottenham in both legs of the QF, finally seeing our European adventure come to an end

912435810_BSCFixtures2.5.thumb.png.7e0be8f31b9c09f793b2fd3e5fdc4d2c.png

The talking point here is the ridiculous scenario that only allowed me to select 15 players for the home leg against Shakhtar though

One injury, one suspension and some unregistered players didn't help, but what idiot decided to schedule international fixtures at that time too?

Luckily our 15 men dug deep, with a special mention for Mbabu who had to play 90 minutes at right-back despite missing two months injured

2103702426_BSCvShakhtar.thumb.png.b552f9860c80fc90796249014c6b439e.png

The Super League campaign was a little more straightforward, with only Thun (twice) and Sion defeating us after the winter break

We clinched the title with a 4-0 away win over FC Zurich, and it was nice to wrap it up with four games still to go

Our success was deserved as we're a very decent attacking team - but weak form by Basel was the main contributor to our success

215546587_BSCFixtures2.6.thumb.png.7074688c9702f8d5184d63cc9ffef109.png

Here is the final league table showing how we had dominated

Sion were second for most of it and were worthy runners up, but Basel never challenged at all really 

344734804_SuperLeaguetableseason2.thumb.png.669e5f28d828dbd73e85beeea7f274fb.png

It was our first league title since 1986, and the engravers finally had reason to change their stencil that had 'auto set to Basel' on it

764549957_BSCcelebratesuccess.thumb.png.05f1949505565d477c003fdfb8e43c15.png

1789806510_BSCwinSuperLeague.thumb.png.57285483cbbddf2d0852edcadd27f556.png

Here's a summary of the top player contributions, our boring performance graph, and a view of the satisfying financial status

1587198231_BSCprogress2.3.thumb.png.061eb08e6141b34b542c9d6d793ba6e0.png

1860335573_BSCseason2review.thumb.png.a21307494e2c959b5ef4f9d08f2f00d9.png

And here is the squad that had delivered for us during the season

Defensively we seemed better than in season 1, and there were no real issues with any of them to be fair

1836252815_BSCPlayers2.1.thumb.png.2ba3a2948c8eec6ec30f319907755853.png

But as before, our main strength was in attack

Generally we used a 442 this term, and you can see the main strikers N'Same, Assale and Carneiro delivered good goal hauls

Our wingers also did well, with left winger Orsic proving to be a great buy for just £850k

Winter buy Fernando also began to make quite an impression on the left flank with Orsic being rested frequently towards the end

We're spoilt for choice in the wide areas actually, with Davies also getting some action after arriving late in the season

On the right, we have plenty of other options too, and next year it will be hard to name a squad of just 25

Hopefully we can move some men on, including the likes of veteran striker Hoarau

The unlucky De Tomas may also be sacrificed, which is harsh as he hasn't really had a chance to shine

We also hope to reduce the foreign player quota, which means Billiat and one or two more may be sold if good bids materialise

1434317068_BSCPlayers2.2.thumb.png.89fdbe796866cc26a15ccb4ebf5bab9c.png

Even moaning Andreas seemed to be happy at last, as he now finally sees what we are doing with younger players at the club

If he had listened last year, he would have known that the club philosophy of signing young players was always the plan

83802960_Boardreviewseason2.thumb.png.23f4f48e6d62e30a87ef7e35a58364da.png

The commercial part of the club seems to be doing alright too, but there is annual pressure to qualify for the CL group stages

It's always good to see a signing from Asia paying off on the shirt sale numbers, and Lee Jae-Sung has been superb since joining in season 1

1915549470_Season2commercialsummary.thumb.png.8b99159576268b909d451eeba1e94899.png

Our U21 and U18 squads also dominated in their age groups, and we now have many young stars ready to push towards regular senior football

Teenage striker Eric Ayiah was one of those, having joined our U21 group on a free transfer from his club in Ghana during season 1

He finally arrived in January 2019, and there was no doubt he would be a great player for us in the coming years

However, when Dortmund came calling just six months later, the ability to profit up to £5.5m was too good to refuse

357826511_Ayiahtransfer.thumb.png.06d8a3174707d796b6ab9cd0e92b9586.png

U21 striker Erling Haland will be put in to the senior squad ahead of next season after some decent numbers this term

2123555338_ErlingHland_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.12d9df0eb20ea3de8f1e3fb0f30bc416.png

And U18 striker Felix Mambimbi scored at a ridiculous rate, so has earned himself a place in the U21 squad for next season

810239389_FelixMambimbi_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.ca2ed6612a2050bbc2d7e9f8ca02a674.png

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Congrats on the title win Jogo, I like that you are bring through young players as you go along, I might do the same for FM2019 as I will do another save with Young Boys at some point.

Congratulations @Jogo Bonito

Overall some excellent management going on with the impressive results on the pitch being backed up by good success off it with regards to commercial activity and the development of youth. 

My boy Alex Song still doing bits too I see. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing your plans for next season! 

Thanks guys, yes it's all going fairly well on and off the pitch. We've almost completed our third pre-season, and we look well set for another decent campaign hopefully.

The first team squad has been reduced to 24 after making three signings. Two of them used to play for us a few years earlier and were brought back in order to boost the HG at club numbers, the third was a young central defender who is already starting material. I think the overall outlay was about £12m from our transfer budget of £29m.

We've shifted a few decent and capable Super League players in to the U21 group as we wanted to reduce the main squad size for the coming year. Unfortunately there aren't many takers coming in for them yet, but hopefully we can recoup half of our expenditure before the window closes. We're getting loads of bids for Erling Haland and he's a bit unhappy that we have turned down multi-million pound deals from the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Bayern Munich to name a few. He was in the U21's last year and only made three or four cameo appearances the year before, but unless we get £10m and a one-year loan back deal we shouldn't be looking to sell. Hopefully the board won't make a decision to cash-in like they did on Sekou Sanogo before,

These offers for Haland are of a similar type to what we had for Eric Ayiah last year. Dortmund paid £2.6m (rising to £5.5m) for him, despite never getting anywhere near our first team squad during his six month stay. We're also due to collect somewhere between £4m and £9m in clauses very soon from the earlier sale of Jordan Lotomba, so the young boys money really is helping Young Boys grow as a club. 

Edited by Jogo Bonito