FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

3 hours ago, DawsLFC88 said:

Who are you playing as? Is rugani better than de vrij? I'e always thought they were evenly matched but not sure if one develops better than the other. 

I’m playing as Juve mate. Rugani is fantastic but requires a better CB partner than Benatia or Chilleni

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, big daddy said:

For Inter ,I would suggest getting Dimarco  buyback clause 6mill.

20 year old left back.

he did really well for me in my save.

need to buy him before summer 2018 where the clause runs out.

Good tip !

Gonna buy him en sell Dalbert.

Yeh I saw that release on Dimarco, will buy him after 1st season. Only given 16m for following season but should be enough for a back up cb and have renewed Miranda for one more season. A complete capitulation from Juventus with 3 losses in a row has given me a 4 point lead at the top with 4 games to go. Plus the Italian cup against rivals Milan. 

54 minutes ago, Chr1s Lawson said:

I'm doing a Fiorentina save and have a predicament, been offered £60m rising to £90m for Chiesa at end of second season and Berardi who's still at Sassoulo is available for £30m as a direct replacement! 

I think you will have to sell Chiesa mate. Always hard to see a wonderkid go but with all that money you'll be able to completely improve your squad.

Just finished season 1 with Juve. Ended 2nd in the league. With Inter winning the title. The board are not happy!

What’s really got me worried is that Higuain has just suffered his 2nd damaged Achilles’ tendon injury within 1 year. His physical attributes are going to be destroyed.

Might need to invest in a new striker. Got my eye on Breel Embolo from Schalke but they don’t want to sell.

15 ore fa, r_amanze ha scritto:

Just finished season 1 with Juve. Ended 2nd in the league. With Inter winning the title. The board are not happy!

What’s really got me worried is that Higuain has just suffered his 2nd damaged Achilles’ tendon injury within 1 year. His physical attributes are going to be destroyed.

Might need to invest in a new striker. Got my eye on Breel Embolo from Schalke but they don’t want to sell.

Did you buy Costa/Howedes at the end of the season? 

3 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Did you buy Costa/Howedes at the end of the season? 

No mate - Costa doesn't fit into my system and is overpriced. Howedes is quite old and too slow for the type of centre-back I like to use. 

16 minutes ago, JasonloveFM said:

I want to manage Fiorentina ... Why Italy football club always lack of transfer budget?

Have a look on the tycoon thread, may not be your cup of tea but there's one for Viola on there. I got 40 odd million so nothing too drastic. Haven't gotten into the save as of yet though. 

Alright men, just started my main save, went with Lazio for a change and I like to see them do well in real life! So far so good as far as the league goes, just coming up to December and we sit second, joint top with Inter, who beat me 1-0 first game of the season. Most notably we've beaten Juve away 4-2 and come back from 2-0 down in Naples to draw 2-2, inside the last 10 minutes, madness.

As always in Italy, the transfer budget I got given wasn't great and we don't really have any players of value - that I want to sell. 

I did manage to move Bastos for £11m, Basta for £6m and Djordjevic for £3m. From those sales I got Berardi £20m, Malang Sarr £7m, Justin Kluivert £8m and Maximillian Arnold in on loan.

Parolo is out the door in Jan, we fell out, so hes out the door haha off to Leicester for £11m, so we have a little to invest in Jan if the right player become available

3 ore fa, Banks_87 ha scritto:

Alright men, just started my main save, went with Lazio for a change and I like to see them do well in real life! So far so good as far as the league goes, just coming up to December and we sit second, joint top with Inter, who beat me 1-0 first game of the season. Most notably we've beaten Juve away 4-2 and come back from 2-0 down in Naples to draw 2-2, inside the last 10 minutes, madness.

As always in Italy, the transfer budget I got given wasn't great and we don't really have any players of value - that I want to sell. 

I did manage to move Bastos for £11m, Basta for £6m and Djordjevic for £3m. From those sales I got Berardi £20m, Malang Sarr £7m, Justin Kluivert £8m and Maximillian Arnold in on loan.

Parolo is out the door in Jan, we fell out, so hes out the door haha off to Leicester for £11m, so we have a little to invest in Jan if the right player become available

Why did you sell Bastos that cheap? He wasn't playing well? His stats look really decent to me :) 

2 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Why did you sell Bastos that cheap? He wasn't playing well? His stats look really decent to me :) 

I just wanted to raise some money for Berardi, without selling my best players. I also managed to bring Sarr in and i think Wallace looks like a very good CB. You know what FM is like, you hardly ever get top dollar for your players, but when you buy off the AI - different story

In questo momento, Banks_87 ha scritto:

I just wanted to raise some money for Berardi, without selling my best players. I also managed to bring Sarr in and i think Wallace looks like a very good CB. You know what FM is like, you hardly ever get top dollar for your players, but when you buy off the AI - different story

Yes that's true! Wallace and De vrij are amazing! Can you post your formation? Btw Lazio has even some few interesting youth players :) 

I will do mate, i'll be loading up soon. Yeah I have had a look at the youth teams, few are out on loan but no one has jumped out at me yet. One of the reasons I like to play in Italy - you don't really get given huge amounts of cash, so you can promote a lot from within. If you know of any gems pass them on!

a small update on my Atalanta save

Took over when they were in the relagation zone and took them to 7th! A great run and good performaces saw us jump 10 places over the 5 months i have been in charge

Now for the summer - may see what bigger jobs are around

Il 5/12/2017 in 21:20 , Banks_87 ha scritto:

I will do mate, i'll be loading up soon. Yeah I have had a look at the youth teams, few are out on loan but no one has jumped out at me yet. One of the reasons I like to play in Italy - you don't really get given huge amounts of cash, so you can promote a lot from within. If you know of any gems pass them on!

In the Lazio team or in general? Age? :) 

3 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

In the Lazio team or in general? Age? :) 

Either, the ones i've found at my club are all on loan, will be looking to blood them next year. Interestingly, I've just passed Jan and made a couple of decent signings, I sold Felipe Anderson to Bayern for £39m and reinvested it, bringing in Barkley, Wilshere, Vietto and Rulli. Currently 2nd in the league, 1 point being Inter - and i'm hoping the fresh faces can help us push on

On 06/12/2017 at 11:48, velvetsky said:

a small update on my Atalanta save

Took over when they were in the relagation zone and took them to 7th! A great run and good performaces saw us jump 10 places over the 5 months i have been in charge

Now for the summer - may see what bigger jobs are around

How is Petanga doing? I've just started my second season as Sassuolo and Petanga has just moved to Napoli for 40m! Looks like an amazing prospect

Always love myself a good Parma save, into my 2nd season and top of the league after 11 games.

I don't think for 1 second that I'll still be there at the end of the season mind you.

Pinamonti is a gem! Fired me to promotion, 1st Int cap and goal while at playing in Serie B.

Even managed to extend the loan for a 2nd season.

On my Inter save , 2nd season to begin and I am looking everywhere for a good central defender.

I can not  find one I can afford they all cost 25 mill+ and then  Juventus  transfer listed Caldara for 9 mill pounds.

Got him asap , what a steal !

might be worth looking at if they do that every year when he joins them.

1 hour ago, big daddy said:

On my Inter save , 2nd season to begin and I am looking everywhere for a good central defender.

I can not  find one I can afford they all cost 25 mill+ and then  Juventus  transfer listed Caldara for 9 mill pounds.

Got him asap , what a steal !

might be worth looking at if they do that every year when he joins them.

Yeah Caldara is very underrated. I’m going to use him as a rotational/back-up CB in season 2 of my Juve save.

17 hours ago, ChrisCo said:

How is Petanga doing? I've just started my second season as Sassuolo and Petanga has just moved to Napoli for 40m! Looks like an amazing prospect

Frustratingly he got injured in the march for 8-9 months but he was doing well before then 

Italy as always a fun place to play. Lots of good youngsters to pick up and train, and a good target in Juve at the top to knock off their perch. Does seem a bit easy this time around though - need Juve to get a negative beast manager again. Genoa save probably my most enjoyable of FM18 so far, Pellegri gets very, very good.

20171208090614_1.jpg

20171208091039_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Stackalee said:

Italy as always a fun place to play. Lots of good youngsters to pick up and train, and a good target in Juve at the top to knock off their perch. Does seem a bit easy this time around though - need Juve to get a negative beast manager again. Genoa save probably my most enjoyable of FM18 so far, Pellegri gets very, very good.

20171208090614_1.jpg

20171208091039_1.jpg

Impressive you managed to topple Juve in only a couple of years! They are above and beyond in my second season as they have managed to hold onto their best players, Dybala etc. This is my first time playing in Italy and you are right lots of good youngsters about. Adjapong, Politano and Ahmetaj progressing well for my Sassuolo team, would recommend everyone having a look at them.

6 minutes ago, Stackalee said:

That's the table from season one. :)

Even more impressive then! Well done, personally finding it quite hard to negate Juve's crazy good attack, they play a 4-3-3 (3 strikers) and overwhelm most teams.

From what I've seen also the AI tends to always do quite poorly with Sassuolo. Not sure how they have a lot of good players in the squad, Consigli, Acerbi, Sensi, Berardi and Manganelli are all very good.

The head to heads went 1-0 either way, so I feel I coped with Juve fairly well considering the relative quality of squads. Where they lost the league was sloppy draws with teams they should be beating (2x Atalanta for example). That said I've found Atalanta oddly hard to play against, third season I conceded 14 goals in the league in total and they got 6 of them.

Slightly annoying tbh the acceleration, I was happy enough with 15 and have been trying to get his heading up for ages but he's being an ass about it. As for top teams stealing him - he's at a top team (plus look at the greedy buggers wages, he gets a new contract right before every transfer window).

Edit; also hopefully since his dad took over as chairman he wouldn't dare try to leave!

Just started a Napoli save. So far amazed at the competitiveness in the race for the title, AC Milan, Inter, Juve and myself have all only dawn one game in 6, no let up in the race for the title so far!

AC and Inter in particular have some amazing players and seem to be steamrolling teams. Napoli have a wealth of talent and a decent amount of depth in midfield and attack, but a slightly ageing squad so I can already tell this is going to be an enjoyable save.

Only slight disappointment in Serie A is the Reserve/youth system. Most Reserve squads play on the same day (before your match) so its tricky to manage them and get them playing time etc (which i usually do when injuries come). Not to mention the loaning system. Maybe I'm just not used to it and will find my feet with time. Also I'm getting the impression that its a bit of a selling league, I find that frustrating when your trying to develop talent, often spending years getting a player to where you want him, start him in the first team and a bigger club swoop in taking all your hard work.

I am playing with AC Milan right now , pretty interesting save , did kinda many changes in the first transfer window with only Lautaro coming in the winter transfer window .
We are doing pretty well and after a gift from Roma we could go for a Tremble here ( Serie A too difficult though cause Juve must loose at least 1 point in their last 2 matches Crotone(A) , Atalanta(H) , and i should win both) . 
Our Deffence worked pretty well with only 20 Goals Conceeded in Serie A , while Donnarumma have 35 Clean sheats in his 55 matches so far
Our Attack also worked pretty well while using very big rotation , all my 5 Forwards managed to have more than 10 goals each (while many of them having about 10 assists too)
I pretty liked this version of 3-5-2 and i believe that we need some minor changes in order to complete for all our targets in our next season

Here some screenshots to take some ideas :

A.C. Milan_  Overview.png

A.C. Milan_  Overview-2.png

A.C. Milan_  Senior Fixtures.png

A.C. Milan_  Transfer History.png

A.C. Milan_ Players Players.png

A.C. Milan_ Players Players-2.png

7 minuti fa, Stackalee ha scritto:

Yeah - brought in Giuseppe Rossi then Gonzalo Bergessio purely to tutor him. 

As soon I'll restart a new career (I wait the big update that is coming) I'll put Higuain tutoring him. Between Pellegri and Kean I should be ok for some years :D 

We managed to win all our last 4 matches , lifting Europa League and Italian Cup , but unfortunately Juve also won last 2 matches so we lost the tittle because of the results between us (lost both) , or u could say the loss from Inter at 30/4 (35th fixture) was really painfull ..

Whatever i am very pleased from my team and especially our deffence . We conceede a goal really really hard and only from big teams .
Lets move on to our 2nd season .

5a2ec85225edd_SerieATIM_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.f492f278cd44259f8424b80b02fe5cd9.png5a2ec84e3c270_A.C.Milan_SeniorFixtures-2.thumb.png.eda45c8583f17786302571f9bc434ba2.png

I think that i will have a small transfer budget because our finances are bad as you can see , but i think that i may bring some money from sales .
I plan to Sell Bacca , Bertolacci , Lapadula (about 30-40 M for all i think ) 
Also i could sell Ricardo Rodriguez to ManU If they make a good offer , because i think Alex Telles can be a first team player (he made a really good 1st season)
and i also plan to sell Roberto Rosales , i bought him for 8M and his value is 28M right now (he made a superb 1st season though but i have Calabria and Conti also there )

I have already signed Lucas Torreira for Biglia's backup . ( so probably William Carvalho will also leave )
and finally i signed Ibra for free (about 3M per year) who will give great experience and tutoring to our youth prospects

So as you can see i am not planning to make a big transfer because i think the squad is already really good and have a great depth

5a2ecbfada351_A.C.Milan_OverviewOverview.thumb.png.8d7fc2b151b9f6e96b14eaab119f1c3b.png

Edit : We managed to get very good money from our sales so with only 35% revenue available , our finances became pretty healthy and we also have a decent trasfer budget to make some small changes to the squad

I may only regret the sale of RR to Bayern but it was a good offer and i believe Telles can become a world class left back .
Any suggestions for a left WB solid back up ?

5a2edfd8ab00b_A.C.Milan_TransferHistory-2.thumb.png.0b4a0ab9a4231e4c9bd24b18e87c80ca.png5a2edfdcf1a0e_A.C.Milan_OverviewOverview-3.thumb.png.c91178f0c53218b8f111b291f568044b.png

Any experiences with Torino FC? Looking at the squad, they actually have a good team! I know it may be hard to hold on to Belotti, but I really like the look of the squad. So what do you say, any experiences? Would it be possible to achieve Euro League qualification in the first season?

Archived