• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive finished my first season at Juve 

Season 1 transfers:

In: none

Out: 

Kwadwo Asamoah £8.5M to OM

Mandzukić £45M to Chelsea - I didnt want to sell Mario but Chelsea came with an £30M +£5M offer on 23:00 deadline day, Ive upped the offer to £40M +£5M and they did offer it so I felt its too good.

Winter transfers:

- Nelson Semedo £16.5M - He was transfer listed by request, and I felt its a very good deal, espescially with the lack of good RBs on the market

- Luciano Vietto £6.5M - Also transfer listed by A. Madrid, and I really needed a striker, and he proved to be really good. 16 games 8 goals and 8 assists 

Serie A: 1st 

Coppa Italia: Winners 

Champions League: Runners Up, lost to A. Madrid 0-1

Season 2.

Transfers In:

- Alexandre Lacazette - £44M (£32M straight + £12 in clausules) - He has been amazing so far

- Milinković-Savić - £39.5M

- Howdes - £11.5M (clauzule)

- Alban Lafont - £18.75M

Transfers Out:

- Stefano Sturaro - £16M - Arsenal

- Marco Pjaca - £50M (£39.5M straight + £10.5M in clausules) - didnt want to sell Pjaca but he was complaining all the time about wages, and BVB gave me this sick offer

- Juan Cuadrado - £26M - I changed the system from wings to a narrow 4-3-3, so there was no room for Juan

- Spinazzola - £12.5M - Napoli

- Rincon - £5.5M - Villarreal

- And a lot of crap reservers for a total of £8.4M 

My team now is:

Szczęsny - Semedo Rugani Chiellini Sandro - Milinkovic-Savic  Pjanic  Khedira -  Dybala Higuain Lacazette

I've just started a game with Napoli, somehow managed to stave off any interest for my players. First order of business for anyone managing them should be giving a new contract to Mertens, he has an obscenely low release clause. Mysaj was also sought after. 

Struggling to find my best attack though. Playing 4-2-3-1 with Allan and Jorginho the base. Hamsik absolutely superb as an AP, and I've got Callejon as a Raumdeuter working well with Hysaj overlapping. Insignes been injured so had Mertens as the left sided IF and he's been superb, but Millik hasn't had a single decent game as the striker. Problem is I put Mertens up top and he plays poorly, while Insigne isn't too sharp at IF. 

Need to understand what role me CF needs to get the best out of them. 

Yeha securing Mertens contract is very important.

As of my game, Moise Kean (CRAZY potential, 5*) is doing nicely, but I feel Im gonna loan him out in the winter with a key role to get him more minutes. Wanted to buy Dolberg as a replacement/sub but he wanted a Key Player role which was not acceptable, so I went for Patrick Shick  look like he has some nice potential also, and he can play numerous roles, so he'll be my super sub. Roma is doing crap this season being only 17th, and most of their players are unhappy, bought him for £22.5M. 

Probably Im gonna sell Higuain at the end of the season, he's getting old, his wages are sky high, but the biggest problem is that he is so injury prone for me, he grabs a 2-3 month injury every 1-2 month... I'm gonna try to grab someone top or just trust Moise Kean with Dybala and Lacazette behind him.

Jaysus lads I'm having a nightmare with Juve. Came second in Serie A, semi final of champions league and lost in the italian cup final in season one but now in season 2 I've played eight games with 7 draws and 1 loss - I don't know how I'm still employed! My current team is pretty strong:

Cech

Lirola - Rugani - Chiellini - Sandro

Marchisio/Pjanic - Khedira

Bernardeschi - Dybala - Bernard

Alexis Sanches

I had agreed terms with Belotti too but Torino didn't sign a replacement in time so it fell through. I seem to be struggling for goals as defensively I'm doing ok, lots of 0-0 draws last season and this. 

I'm sure I'll be sacked soon!

Started my FM18 career with AC Milan.  I’ve set the DOF to handle all player signings and to handle all incoming offers, as well as contract renewals and non-coaching staff signings   Pretty much the makeup of the team has been taken out of my hands and I’m expected to make do with what I’m given.   I set all transfer budgets to 0 to begin the save with.

Preseason started out fantastic, the team became comfortable with my 3-4-3 tactic, in both an attacking and counterattacking style.  Harmony was great to begin the season, but the vultures were circling.  

The winter transfer window opened and it was a selling spree by my DOF.  Matteo Musacchio, Suso and Ricardo Rodriguez we’re all sold, and sold for very little, a total of €70M, of which my DOF splurged on signing Domenico Criscito from Zenit for €2.7M.  He did bring in Mousa Sissoko on loan for €325K per month!

Needless to say, the transfer window was a nail biter and I tried to influence signings by wanting certain players scouted and adding them to the transfer target list. 

We’ve clawed our way to 2nd in the table behind Juve.  Current starting lineup:

GK - Donnarumma

CDL - Romagnoli

CD - Bonucci

CDR - Paletta/Gomez

WBL/ML - Criscito/Antonelli

MCL - Biglia/Montolivo

MCR - Kessie/Locatelli

WBR/MR - Abate/Sissoko

AMR - Bonaventura/Borini

AML - Cathanoglu/Giaccherini

STC - Silva/Kalinic/Crutone

On the bench, Gabriel, Calabria, Gabbia, Vergara, Mauri, Conti and some others  

My long range plan, if I make it that far, at the end of my third year in charge, I’ll take over finalizing contract signings and handling incoming offers.  At the end of year five. I’ll fire the DOF and do it all myself. 

ACF Fiorentina 17/18

N1kFGdf.jpg

One of the most iconic kits in the history of football, legends like Roberto Baggio, BatiGol, Rui Costa, Dunga etc, a good squad that combines established players like Badelj, Saponara and Astori, as well as high-potential youngsters like Chiesa, Benassi, Simeoneo, Milenkovic and Dragowski and the beautiful city of Florence - La Viola is perfect for someone like me who struggled to get a save going.

They have lost some of their best players last season to the traditional big 3 of Italian footbal. Experienced midfield playmaker Borja Valero and his midfield partner Matias Vecino joined Spalletti's revolution at Inter, while last season's top goalscorer Nikola Kalinic will try and fit the shoes of greats like Shevchenko and Van Basten at the other side of Milan. However, the most infuriating departure was of Federico Bernardeschi, the crown jewel of the club, who joined fierce rival Juventus. Fiorentina is now, effectively, a club in transition, with players brought by three different coaches. I like that, since it gives me a clean slate and I could started building towards whatever style I want due to the versatile squad.

Serie A 2017/18 Preview

Q5A2fal.png

Predicted 7th, some way off the Champions League but still reaching the Europa League Second Qualifying Round. Wouldn't be easy, as mid-table sides in this league are way better than recent years, with the likes of Torino, Atalanta, Sassuolo and Sampdoria all having very decent sides. Bridging the gap to sides like Juventus and Napoli however is going to be very difficult.

Tactics

This part I haven't fully deceided on yet. Italian club are typically labeled as rigid and defensive but I like to bring something different. I like the South American influence on this club and history of high quality Trequartistas the featured for Fiorentina and would like to go down this route, a style of technical football with a creative #10 running the play. I was thinking about something along the line of this:

mc1ZjrP.png

Support duties in midfield to make sure the players negate the gap and this should also be good for the possession-based football I would us to play. Standard Mentality, Structured Shape and only TI is Prevent Short GK Distribution.

Long time lurker of the forum. Always interested in Serie A, especially with the wide range of youngsters available too develop. Only trouble I have is deciding who to be. Started with Napoli but apart from keeping hold of key players I can see it being easy. Roma is another enjoyable one. Had a brilliant save with Fiorentina in 09 so may go for them and seeing that team guide has got me interested. 

On 11/14/2017 at 17:01, stgahoy said:

Ive finished my first season at Juve 

Season 1 transfers:

In: none

Out: 

Kwadwo Asamoah £8.5M to OM

Mandzukić £45M to Chelsea - I didnt want to sell Mario but Chelsea came with an £30M +£5M offer on 23:00 deadline day, Ive upped the offer to £40M +£5M and they did offer it so I felt its too good.

Winter transfers:

- Nelson Semedo £16.5M - He was transfer listed by request, and I felt its a very good deal, espescially with the lack of good RBs on the market

- Luciano Vietto £6.5M - Also transfer listed by A. Madrid, and I really needed a striker, and he proved to be really good. 16 games 8 goals and 8 assists 

Serie A: 1st 

Coppa Italia: Winners 

Champions League: Runners Up, lost to A. Madrid 0-1

Season 2.

Transfers In:

- Alexandre Lacazette - £44M (£32M straight + £12 in clausules) - He has been amazing so far

- Milinković-Savić - £39.5M

- Howdes - £11.5M (clauzule)

- Alban Lafont - £18.75M

Transfers Out:

- Stefano Sturaro - £16M - Arsenal

- Marco Pjaca - £50M (£39.5M straight + £10.5M in clausules) - didnt want to sell Pjaca but he was complaining all the time about wages, and BVB gave me this sick offer

- Juan Cuadrado - £26M - I changed the system from wings to a narrow 4-3-3, so there was no room for Juan

- Spinazzola - £12.5M - Napoli

- Rincon - £5.5M - Villarreal

- And a lot of crap reservers for a total of £8.4M 

My team now is:

Szczęsny - Semedo Rugani Chiellini Sandro - Milinkovic-Savic  Pjanic  Khedira -  Dybala Higuain Lacazette

Congrats mate! I am in the early stages of my FM18 Juve save. Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. So far I'm in November 2017 of the season and it's very tight at the top of Serie A. Fiorentina and Bologna are the surprise packages. Loving Bernadeshi at the moment. He's performing well as an AMC (trequartista).

I started Unemployed as Fabrizio Ravanelli with his reputation and used the editor to add his caps and goals etc

Took until Dec to land a job. I took over Atalanta who were in 19th spot. So far so good. After a couple of streud signings in the window. I am currently up to 13th. really enjoying it

I love Italian football, leading from the days of Channel 4's fantastic courage.

Always had a soft spot for Parma and Lazio so I've decided to start a save with both and this thread has popped up at just the right time. I'll have to approach them very differently, it's seems this year Lazio have a couple of popular players so I'm gonna have to decide if I'm gonna build around Immobile, Savic, Felipe Anderson and De Vrij or cash in on them for some astronomical fee to fund a rebuild of the squad.. 

Ive got a few young Italian youngsters in mind to target, Berardi is a top target but will cost a ton.. Next is the uber promising Pellegri from Genoa, I'm looking for him to replace Immobile as our number 1 front man for the foreseeable future. After AC Milan's crazy summer of investment I'm kinda banking on them struggling to give them all game time so I can swoop in and scoop up a potentially unhappy Manuel Locatelli, try and adapt him to be our Pirlo of sorts.

Any other young Italians I should be keeping am eye on?

Lazio save sounds pretty fun, they have a nice to team to build around.

As of the youngsters Moise Kean looks fantastic, and scores much I gave him a chance in 6 games with 2 of them off the bench, and he scored 4 and assisted 4, very nice result for a 18y old, I loaned him in the winter to Bologna as a key player for them.

6 hours ago, Hoarau said:

I love Italian football, leading from the days of Channel 4's fantastic courage.

Always had a soft spot for Parma and Lazio so I've decided to start a save with both and this thread has popped up at just the right time. I'll have to approach them very differently, it's seems this year Lazio have a couple of popular players so I'm gonna have to decide if I'm gonna build around Immobile, Savic, Felipe Anderson and De Vrij or cash in on them for some astronomical fee to fund a rebuild of the squad.. 

Ive got a few young Italian youngsters in mind to target, Berardi is a top target but will cost a ton.. Next is the uber promising Pellegri from Genoa, I'm looking for him to replace Immobile as our number 1 front man for the foreseeable future. After AC Milan's crazy summer of investment I'm kinda banking on them struggling to give them all game time so I can swoop in and scoop up a potentially unhappy Manuel Locatelli, try and adapt him to be our Pirlo of sorts.

Stay away from my Locatelli!  Just kidding.  

Just on the Milan team, there’s some great prospects: Locatelli, Conti, Calabria, Romagnoli, Gabbia and of course Crutone!  There’s also some in the youth ranks, but they’re potential is a little more random. 

Pellegri would be a great signing, I’ve made him a transfer target for my DOF as well as Pelligrini at Roma. I’m at work, but I’m sure I’ll edit this post for some more prospects. 

Just finished 1st season with Atalanta, alternating a 4411 and a 4231. 

IN : Loans : Lasagna, Murgia, Valori ,Iniguez , Martella and Transfers :  Pasa, Thomsen and Skov

OUT : Kurtic, Freuler, Tool and Masiello, plus plenty youngsters away on loan

Won Serie A with Inter 2nd and Juve 3rd.  Lost in cup against Milan ( QF ) and lost to Slavia Prague in EL last 16th. 

1 hour ago, bianconeri96 said:

Just finished 1st season with Atalanta, alternating a 4411 and a 4231. 

IN : Loans : Lasagna, Murgia, Valori ,Iniguez , Martella and Transfers :  Pasa, Thomsen and Skov

OUT : Kurtic, Freuler, Tool and Masiello, plus plenty youngsters away on loan

Won Serie A with Inter 2nd and Juve 3rd.  Lost in cup against Milan ( QF ) and lost to Slavia Prague in EL last 16th. 

Very impressive mate. Well done! Atalanta’s starting squad is fairly average when you begin the 1st season. How did you manage to turn them into league champions? Super tactic?

Cheers! I don't know if I can call these  "super tactics". I was not dominating games, often winning by a lucky goal,  but had an incredible run in the league at mid-saison of 12 wins in a row , combined with poor runs from the top teams. I did not have long-term injuries too. In the last 8 matches we lost 4 and drew 1 and I thought Inter and Juve would catch us... Not even!  In the final push for the title, they too drew or lost matches against weakest oppositions.

Although irl Atalanta has a very decent squad who finished 4th last season, I think this is pretty unrealistic to win Série A in first season and it's spoiling the game a little. We are champion with 76 points. Irl you'd finish  3rd-4th place with these. In my game Juve lost 9 and drew 8 which is almost twice the points they would normally drop irl. Same for Inter, not mentioning Roma who lost 21 games and finished 16th!!!

12 hours ago, bianconeri96 said:

Cheers! I don't know if I can call these  "super tactics". I was not dominating games, often winning by a lucky goal,  but had an incredible run in the league at mid-saison of 12 wins in a row , combined with poor runs from the top teams. I did not have long-term injuries too. In the last 8 matches we lost 4 and drew 1 and I thought Inter and Juve would catch us... Not even!  In the final push for the title, they too drew or lost matches against weakest oppositions.

Although irl Atalanta has a very decent squad who finished 4th last season, I think this is pretty unrealistic to win Série A in first season and it's spoiling the game a little. We are champion with 76 points. Irl you'd finish  3rd-4th place with these. In my game Juve lost 9 and drew 8 which is almost twice the points they would normally drop irl. Same for Inter, not mentioning Roma who lost 21 games and finished 16th!!!

Ah ok mate. It’s good when a human controlled underdog team can outthink a stronger AI controlled team. What are your targets for season 2? I’m guessing top 4 in the league and knockout stage of the champions league?

Finished my 2nd season at Juve.

Serie A - won it by a mile, pity that Roma and Napoli sold most of their best players, and the AI buys average players instead, Inter has been crap after selling Icardi and Perisic, they finished 10th. Only Milan keeps themselves at top, this is a pity because the Italian teams do bad in Champions League, league reputation isnt that good and its so easy to unsettle my player..

Coppa Italia - Lost the final vs Roma 0-1, Dzeko scored in 92nd minute, pity.

Champions League - Had a crazy season here, Ive got to a rather hard group with Tottenham, Valencia (who sudenly have a great team) and Spartak Moscow. Managed to win most of the games, had 1st place secure after 5 games.

1/8 - another tough rival Chelsea 

3-1 - Away - Dybala, Higuain and Lacazette scoring   //  3-0 - Home - Higuain, Savić and an own goal

1/4 - Atletico Madrid, one of the best teams in the game espescially with Simeone, and I really wanted to win as they killed my dreams last season in the final

4-0 - Home - Astonishing win vs them, Savić , 2x Lacazette and Dybala scored  // 2-5 Away - we took a really hard beating in Madrid, getting 5 goals, still managed to score 2 with Savić and Dybala, and we went through!

1/2 - In the Semis I did get the easiest rival so far Red Bull Lepzig, two easy wins 

3-0 - Home - Rugani, Dybala and Bernardeschi scored // 5-1 Away - Savić, Dybala, Higuain x2, Lacazette

Grand Final vs Manchester United

We went really quick into the lead with Dybala scoring in 15', United managed to equalize within the next minute Bellotti scored in 16'. Ive had a really good game, we were dominating still we didnt managed to score, the game went into over-time resulting in no goals, penalties!

Dybala goal, Belotti goal, Higuain scores, Martial misses, Bernardeschi misses, Pogba scores, Pjanić misses, Ramselaar misses,  Marchisio scores, Matić scores.  3-3, and the sudden death... Alex Sandro..... and he scores!  Lingard chose to shot left and Szczęsny went there with a great save!  We've done it ! We've won the Champions League!

Transfers:

Out:

- Wojciech Szczesny -  £19.25M rising to  £29M after clausules. - Szczesny won us the CL with the save still Ive had Lafont coming back from a loan, I want to keep Audero on the bench as he is home grown, so yeah Wojtek had to go, Liverpool gave me good money, the clausules are like 100% because its 30 league games and 20 national so its just a matter of time.

- Gonzalo Higuain -  £56M rising to  £71M - Higuain well yes he scored goals for me, still he dissappeard in the big games, he was also very injury prone, he played only 20 games last season, Chelsea came with this very nice offer,  £15M after 50 games in the league, guess its not that fast but gonna happen in the end also he's gonna be 32 this year so Ive accepted, espescially with Bernardeschi playing so well last season. Also freeing big wages.

- Pol Lirola -  £12M - to Borrusia M'Gladbach - Lirola was pretty decent last season, but as he hasnt the home grown status Ive decided to let him go, as I bought Mendy off Citys transfer list

- Rolando Mandragora -  £2.5M - to Sampdoria - Well in real life he has some sick potential, here not likely so I let him go

+ some players from the U-20 resulting in a total income of   £95M +  £24.75M in Szczesnys and Higuains clausules.

Ins:

- Benjamin Mendy -  £20.5M - He was transfer listed, accepted a rotation role, so Ive decided to upgrade Lirola, play De Sciglio on the right, and Mendy to backup Sandro

- Marco Asensio -  £34M - Transfer listed by request, and I just couldnt say no, even though hes not fitting my tactic, Im gonna try to play him as a MC Mezalla, gonna see how he does

-  Tiago Cardoso  -  £250k - 5* RB regen that my scouts were raving about, Braga accepted this low offer couldnt say no.

Total:  £55M

My team currently looks like this:

Lafont - Semedo Rugani Chiellini Alex Sandro - Pjanić Khedira Milinković Savić - Bernardeschi Lacazette Dybala

Audero - De Sciglio Mendy Caldara Howedes - Matuidi Asensio Marchisio Bentancur - Vietto Kean and Schick. 

Still thinking about selling Khedira or just letting him go at the end of his contract, he's gonna be 33 after the season, and I have great players on the bench, his contract is also  £245k p/w so that would definetly help, but most likely I just wont renew  his contract.

48 minutes ago, r_amanze said:

Ah ok mate. It’s good when a human controlled underdog team can outthink a stronger AI controlled team. What are your targets for season 2? I’m guessing top 4 in the league and knockout stage of the champions league?

Yeah you're correct top 4 and not being ridicule in CL.  The board wants a qualification to EL.

I may put this save on hold for now and explore other leagues and build other tactics. 

How are you doing with Juve?

Finished two seasons with Inter on the beta version of the game.
Second in the first season, was doing amazing in the second, but lost like 10 points due to wide free kick defending issues at the time. (It was an issue, because when I posted it in the tactics forum asking for help, mod closed it and said they're working on it.)
Anyhow, I actually managed to win CL knocking out Atletico, Arsenal, Bayern and finally Barcelona.
In Serie A I was 6 points behind Juventus with two games to go.
Won against them in Torino and then decided to reload until I win the title, because a couple of games before that I conceded 4 against Crotone from 4 shots, 3 of those being bugged wide free-kicks.
Also lost 5 points against Lazio, 2-2 and 1-2, they scored 4 wide free kicks in the games and so on.

Anyhow, not going to continue the save, going to start a new one when I have the time.
Finally figured out the tactics in the second season.

HFJ0mvM.png

Squad at the end of second season:

V39KqJX.png

Roma fell apart financially, hence the loaned players.

Some player screenshots:
Icardi
Sergej
Gagliardini
Škriniar
Bastoni
Pinamonti

Transfers:
pbedFND.png
Second season total incoming is 158mil, I pasted the wrong number with my amazing image editing skills.

A bit wild on the transfers but I didn't take the save seriously due to ME bugs and I usually start a fresh one when the full game comes o ut.
Also I dislike that the save already started to fall apart.
In the first season Juve won with 89 points, I had 74, third team was on only 66.
Second season first two with 88, third with 79 and fourth with 69.

And it will only get worse.
I think I'm going to try Serie B first.

On 11/19/2017 at 12:35, bianconeri96 said:

Yeah you're correct top 4 and not being ridicule in CL.  The board wants a qualification to EL.

I may put this save on hold for now and explore other leagues and build other tactics. 

How are you doing with Juve?

Not bad so far thanks mate. I'm only in January 2018. So a long way to go. Top of the league and 4 points clear of Lazio. Who are playing very well under SImone Inzaghi.

12 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Guys is it possible to buy costa and howedes at the end of the season without sell anyone? 

Costa alone has a £35 million clause in his loan deal. Which a is a lot of money. I'd suggest selling some of the older players ( i.e. Barzagli and Mandzukic) to raise cash and free the wage bill. Otherwise look for cheaper alternatives.

5 hours ago, r_amanze said:

Costa alone has a £35 million clause in his loan deal. Which a is a lot of money. I'd suggest selling some of the older players ( i.e. Barzagli and Mandzukic) to raise cash and free the wage bill. Otherwise look for cheaper alternatives.

A bit unrealistic since probably we will buy him and Howedes + someone else.. 

On 11/22/2017 at 03:36, ParanoidBuddha said:

In my career Higuain and Dybala seem idiots. They miss the target even from 2m :D 

Both seem quite injury-prone too. Higuain is injured for 4 months in my save with a damaged achilles tendon. OUCH!

On 18/11/2017 at 11:54, Hoarau said:

If you're training the Lazio then you should, in the second season, take you home Germoni. A left defender young but of great impact. From me took place at various Lukaku and Radu.

i1155590_ScreenShot20171124alle19.17.44.

In the first season is on loan at Parma and can't unfortunately go back to home.

Finished my first season at AC Milan and after looking back, we had a good season but watched the title remain with Juventus before we kicked off for our last match of the year against Genoa.  Working within the construct of a Director of Football is quite challenging, he's ready and willing to sell all my assets and work within the loan system.  We finished 2nd in Serie A, getting Champions League spot, making it to the Semi Finals of the Europa League and winning the TIM Cup.  Overall not bad, the board is happy, the players are happy and we're looking to kick on in the second season.  At the end of Season 3 will see me start to take a more active role in the transfer market, if i make it that long, and end of Season 5 will see me taking over all DOF duties.

Still need a right midfielder or winger, Moussa Sissoko was a good loan, but to sign him permanently, Tottenham want 13M!  I'll see if i can find a good, young Italian winger.

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.00.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 6.03.04 PM.png

On 24/11/2017 at 02:12, Wes86 said:

Playing with Inter.

Just finished the first round.  Only lost @ Torino.

My system is 4-2-3-1, like in real life.

Icardi is a beast, also Perisic performing really well.

bTs0fIW.png

bhagq3v.png oI9mhMa.png

Any signings with Inter? I see they are really short at cb and could do with back up for mainly all attacking positions. 

7 hours ago, DawsLFC88 said:

Any signings with Inter? I see they are really short at cb and could do with back up for mainly all attacking positions. 

Tonelli is transfer-listed by Napoli if you want a backup.
De Vrij at less than 25mil€ is a bargain and easily replaces Miranda after the first season.
Miranda has only one year left on his contract and asks for even more and I'd never give him the money considering he's 33 at start of the game.

As for attacking positions, Pinamonti is a huge potential, Eder is a universal backup. Bit disappointed in Karamoh, though. You don't really need anyone in the first season because there's no CL.
Barbosa comes back after the first season and is pretty good.

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

Tonelli is transfer-listed by Napoli if you want a backup.
De Vrij at less than 25mil€ is a bargain and easily replaces Miranda after the first season.
Miranda has only one year left on his contract and asks for even more and I'd never give him the money considering he's 33 at start of the game.

As for attacking positions, Pinamonti is a huge potential, Eder is a universal backup. Bit disappointed in Karamoh, though. You don't really need anyone in the first season because there's no CL.
Barbosa comes back after the first season and is pretty good.

Totally forgot about no Europe. But even with the sheer amount of injuries in this version hopefully I can manage. Did Colidio have any game time? Tonelli went to Stoke but I am trying for De Vrij. 

4 minutes ago, DawsLFC88 said:

Totally forgot about no Europe. But even with the sheer amount of injuries in this version hopefully I can manage. Did Colidio have any game time? Tonelli went to Stoke but I am trying for De Vrij. 

Definitely has potential, but since I'm playing with 1 striker and Icardi is irreplacable Pinamonti has been the backup. I dislike sending players to loan, never see any improvements.
Zinho is a great potential in CB spot and I completely forgot about Bastoni in my first post. He's also a guaranteed class player when he develops. You have a screenshot in my first post.

If you get De Vrij or another good CB you let Miranda walk at the end of the season. Škriniar is amazing and Bastoni also develops nicely, Zinho or some older, cheap, backup is the 4th option.

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Definitely has potential, but since I'm playing with 1 striker and Icardi is irreplacable Pinamonti has been the backup. I dislike sending players to loan, never see any improvements.
Zinho is a great potential in CB spot and I completely forgot about Bastoni in my first post. He's also a guaranteed class player when he develops. You have a screenshot in my first post.

If you get De Vrij or another good CB you let Miranda walk at the end of the season. Škriniar is amazing and Bastoni also develops nicely, Zinho or some older, cheap, backup is the 4th option.

Annoyingly I offered de vrij a contract when I still had unwanted players on big wages and when I sold them I couldn't get de vrij too agree a contract so he signed one at Lazio. I have loaned Diego Reyes for the season, nothing spectacular but he used to be good in older versions. Will use zinho as my other backup cb. 

Yes I saw your post, you had a result with Roma financial difficulties. You carrying on with the save or not? 

58 minutes ago, DawsLFC88 said:

Annoyingly I offered de vrij a contract when I still had unwanted players on big wages and when I sold them I couldn't get de vrij too agree a contract so he signed one at Lazio. I have loaned Diego Reyes for the season, nothing spectacular but he used to be good in older versions. Will use zinho as my other backup cb. 

Yes I saw your post, you had a result with Roma financial difficulties. You carrying on with the save or not? 

Haven't played since the update, don't really have the time to play every day and I dislike losing the flow. Going to start a new save eventually.

12 hours ago, DawsLFC88 said:

No, just a couple of talents.

Bought for the second season Lucas Torreira from Sampdoria for 20 Million Euro.

Hope also to buy Cancelo, but 35 million is not cheap for a fullback....

What other full backs would you recommend then lads? I see Santon is out of contract and d'ambrosio is solid enough. Admittedly I've been given Cancelo a go against weaker sides at rb. Can see it being a fun save, plenty of deadwood in the squad with some top players and amazing talent. 30m+ is a hell of a lot for Cancelo for sure. 

On 11/25/2017 at 20:47, DawsLFC88 said:

How much did Lazio want for De Vrij mate? My scouts are telling me Lazio expect £35m to £45m for him. Which seems too much.

6 hours ago, Nazdroid said:

Need some advise on Giorgio Chiellini. I can buy him for 14M and he wants a 150,000 pw contract. Is he worth it as his age? he looks like he's very injury prone also but he's a leader and his defensive stats look great. Should i take the risk?

Quality player and hasn't been too injury-prone in season 1 of my save. However his physical stats are slowly on the decline. Therefore you might only get 2 good seasons out of him.

2 hours ago, r_amanze said:

How much did Lazio want for De Vrij mate? My scouts are telling me Lazio expect £35m to £45m for him. Which seems too much.

It was around 28m with instalments but this was before he signed a new contract. What about Manolas? Should be able to get him cheaper than what Lazio want for De Vrij. 

4 hours ago, DawsLFC88 said:

It was around 28m with instalments but this was before he signed a new contract. What about Manolas? Should be able to get him cheaper than what Lazio want for De Vrij. 

Ah ok thanks mate. I will have a look at Manolas when I get home. Leaning towards De Vrij as he's so well-rounded. However might go for a bargain CB as back-up and put all my faith in Rugani.

Just now, r_amanze said:

Ah ok thanks mate. I will have a look at Manolas when I get home. Leaning towards De Vrij as he's so well-rounded. However might go for a bargain CB as back-up and put all my faith in Rugani.

Who are you playing as? Is rugani better than de vrij? I'e always thought they were evenly matched but not sure if one develops better than the other. 

On 26-11-2017 at 18:08, GunmaN1905 said:

I'd honestly never play him even if he was free.
Maybe at wide midfieleder or winger position.

His mental attributes are atrocious and there's no chance I'd play a player like him in fullback position.

He was good for me. bought him for 30 million. It's also difficult to find really good right fullbacks...

Also got Lucas Torreira for 20 million en Kondogbia en Gabriel are back.

Definitely got a stronger squad for the second season.

Archived