Adding nation to Europe. No EURO 2020 Qualifiers!

The Good Rebel

Has anyone else come across this when trying to add a nation to Europe? I have just noticed that adding a nation into Europe seems to break the qualifiers for the 2020 European Championships! The qualifiers are not drawn, however the UEFA Nations League still runs without the added nation. This also seems to be the case if removing one team from Europe to allow space for the created nation. For example in my file I moved Kazakhstan to Asia and my created nation - Greenland to Europe in their place. However this still doesn't seem to work, no qualifiers for 2020 are drawn and Kazakhstan are entered into the UEFA Nations League rather than Greenland. 

Very very frustrating as this worked perfectly in both FM16 and FM17!

5 minutes ago, The Good Rebel said:

Has anyone else come across this when trying to add a nation to Europe? I have just noticed that adding a nation into Europe seems to break the qualifiers for the 2020 European Championships! The qualifiers are not drawn, however the UEFA Nations League still runs without the added nation. This also seems to be the case if removing one team from Europe to allow space for the created nation. For example in my file I moved Kazakhstan to Asia and my created nation - Greenland to Europe in their place. However this still doesn't seem to work, no qualifiers for 2020 are drawn and Kazakhstan are entered into the UEFA Nations League rather than Greenland. 

Very very frustrating as this worked perfectly in both FM16 and FM17!

You should recreate all international and club continental competitions if you add/remove nation from europe. Its not some small change - this is very serious edit.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

You should recreate all international and club continental competitions if you add/remove nation from europe. Its not some small change - this is very serious edit.

Yes it is, I agree, but it used to work fine in previous FM's without having to remake competitions! Very strange that it doesn't work on this version. 

Well,  every FM is different. People often wants to create new nations but its not so simple. So far maximum number for club continental competitions was 54. Coefficients can handle more nations but qualification system is hardcoded and made for 54 nations. This is biggest issue here. On FM18 i guess that number is 55 because Kosovo is included. When you add 56th nation - you have influence on many comnpetitions.

Easy (its not easy but its better option) option is to move sme nation to Asia. After that you should check how Asia behave and fix if needed.

23 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Well,  every FM is different. People often wants to create new nations but its not so simple. So far maximum number for club continental competitions was 54. Coefficients can handle more nations but qualification system is hardcoded and made for 54 nations. This is biggest issue here. On FM18 i guess that number is 55 because Kosovo is included. When you add 56th nation - you have influence on many comnpetitions.

Easy (its not easy but its better option) option is to move sme nation to Asia. After that you should check how Asia behave and fix if needed.

See I did move Kazakhstan to Asia to make room for my created nation. But still the same result, EURO 2020 qualifiers did not run. Strangely enough the World Cup 2022 wualifiers play as normal with Greenland in the European Qualifiers and Kazakhstan in the Asian. So it appears it's just 2020 that causes the issue, wonder if it is to do with the Nations League having been already drawn?

11 minutes ago, The Good Rebel said:

See I did move Kazakhstan to Asia to make room for my created nation. But still the same result, EURO 2020 qualifiers did not run. Strangely enough the World Cup 2022 wualifiers play as normal with Greenland in the European Qualifiers and Kazakhstan in the Asian. So it appears it's just 2020 that causes the issue, wonder if it is to do with the Nations League having been already drawn?

Who knows - maybe there is some "link" between 2 competitions and also maybe there is some hardcoded things also. Best way then is to recreate all international competitions. Its big job but can be done.

Fast forwarded more and it appears it is definitely an issue with the EURO qualifiers as the 2024 Qualifiers do not run either. I have also noticed that Kazakhstan are entered yet again into the UEFA Nations League, so I assume it is this that is causing the issue. Hope there's a way to stop their participation in that competition rather than having to rebuild all the international comps. 

11 minutes ago, The Good Rebel said:

Fast forwarded more and it appears it is definitely an issue with the EURO qualifiers as the 2024 Qualifiers do not run either. I have also noticed that Kazakhstan are entered yet again into the UEFA Nations League, so I assume it is this that is causing the issue. Hope there's a way to stop their participation in that competition rather than having to rebuild all the international comps. 

I will take a look at fm17 uefa nations league.

26 minutes ago, The Good Rebel said:

Just looked at it under advanced rules, seems like the groups are drawn by coefficients. Will try to remove Kazakhstan's UEFA Coefficients and see if that works. 

you can try to add registered teams for season #1 - just add that line before "get qualified teams".

25 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

you can try to add registered teams for season #1 - just add that line before "get qualified teams".

Actually I have just discovered a registered teams section on advanced rules which has Kazakhstan listed. However to access the UEFA Nations League advanced rules I had to add them to a nation first, how can I make changes and then revert them back to an international comp? 

you can export that file as xml and delete all database changes and "nation" part. After that you can join that "nations league" modified file with your file. If you dont know how - just upload files and send links in PM to me and i will do it for you.

Must be xml files.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you manage to find away to resolve this issue?  I am having a similar problem of my created Nation only playing in the World Cup qualifiers, but the nation i replaced, in this case Israel, keeps playing in the nations League.   I didn't notice until reading this thread that Euro Championship qualifying wasn't played in my game either, yet the tournaments were played in 2020.2024, 2028 and 2032.  

After numerous tests and tweaks to the file I received from @TheGoodRebel, my game kept crashing in December 2019, which i finally just managed to get past.  My nation is now playing in both the International League and World Cup qualifiers, but for some reason Euro Championship qualifying still isn't happening.  It seems I need to play about more to get this working.

Edit:  Never mind.  I am back to everything crashing on 1st December 2019. I have even tried reinstalling Fm and the editor, but it still doesn't want to get past this date.   

Edited by thundercracker

• 7 months later...

I don't know why but in my case, I have ran through 2 saves, first one my new nation started participating European Intern League in 2022 and soon after that also participating in EURO Qual in 2023 and also in World Cup. My second save didn't have that result, only participating in World Cup Qual. I didn't change anything other than my editor data file. 

I have checked the total nations participated in EURO 2024 Qual in both save. 1st have 55, while 2nd have 54. No ideas... I'm not removing any nation from Europe either.

Edited by Lucette

• 1 year later...

In 2019 and before kick a country to asia or others then add new country to euro. All international comp and contient club comp would be work correctly.
but in 2020, euro champoion Qu. and international league is hard-code. ( I guess )
So it can't work now.
I think only way is replace the whole country ( like Faroe Islands to greenland ID is the same, 767 )
it not hard for Faroe Islands. they don't have much team,people and others.
at least it is more easier than make a new euro champoion comp and euro international league

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 17:18, that\'s play soccer said:

In 2019 and before kick a country to asia or others then add new country to euro. All international comp and contient club comp would be work correctly.
but in 2020, euro champoion Qu. and international league is hard-code. ( I guess )
So it can't work now.
I think only way is replace the whole country ( like Faroe Islands to greenland ID is the same, 767 )
it not hard for Faroe Islands. they don't have much team,people and others.
at least it is more easier than make a new euro champoion comp and euro international league

how do you do that? any guides?