find the right club for my challenge

I am looking to start an FM challenge once I move abroad in a  few weeks and purchase FM. I may even start a career thread. The challenge I will be doing is the standard dominate Europe but with a few caveats:

• Homegrown - must either come from the local city/region or through the youth academy
  • Be a big club in a minor country (Andorra, San Marino etc) or a small club in a big city/region (small team in Barcelona/Rome/Paris/Bavaria preferably in  a lower division etc) so that I have access to a decent amount of players
  • Have something that makes them stand out such as St Pauli's crazy fans, Melilla as Africa's only team in Europe, Bilbao's Basque only policy, FC Baltika Kaliningrad who are stuck in that little Russian enclave next to Poland, you get the idea
  • Plenty of scope for growth
  • Have that 'something' that keeps me interested (very subjective so hence why I'm asking for ideas)
  • empty/not very full trophy cabinet

I'm willing to consider pretty much any European league. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

What about Tranmere Rovers? Lots of players up that way with Everton and Liverpool having big academies and a number of clubs lower down the pyramid and are the only club on the Wirral I think at a decent standard.

Decent history with nothing spectacular but would be a great achievement to not only become biggest team on Merseyside, but in the North West then England.

Maybe that or try and take one of the Welsh teams to the top of English football, like Wrexham (Using just Welsh players) - or Berwick Rangers to top of the Scottish game despite them being based in England (Using just North East players - Newcastle, Sunderland etc). Will be incredibly difficult to knock Celtic off the top.

Maybe one of the Spanish teams based on Canary Islands - Las Palmas or Tenerife? But imagine quality of player produced there would make it a huge struggle

Archived