Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
yonko

[FM18] Role Suitability, Scouting Card & Players Attributes Comparison

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm looking for help with the following:

1) Removing Role Suitability from the Tactics Pitch (just here)

aYVpkUN.png

2) Changing the Scouting Card to darker color and respectively changing the text to lighter color

HJantsO.png

3) Which code line in settings.xml file controls the bars (not the red and blue coloring - I figured those) in Players Attributes Comparison panel and also how can I shift that panel down so I can eliminate the scroll bars?

P8cuvCh.jpg

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2. Add lines in your settings.xml 

  <colour name="scout card" value="white" />
  <colour name="scout card text" value="grey 900" />

 

scout card - background colour

scout card text - text colour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. To remove the Role Suitability you need to edit the 'tactics overview side panel' xml file found in the panels\tactics folder.

In the file scroll down to the pitch code (line #58) and in the icon_flags bit delete this bit of code: show_position_role_duty_suitability,

3. Attributes comparison screen is controlled by the 'player attributes comparison panel' found in the panels\player folder.

Though for some reason you cannot expand the table so to get rid of the scrollbars you need to reduce the row_height values something like 22 should work.

And for the bars if you mean the black bit it is controlled by the 'normal bar filler' colour declared in the settings file.

If the above files aren't present in your skin you'll need to extract them from the panels.fmf file. Instructions here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

1. To remove the Role Suitability you need to edit the 'tactics overview side panel' xml file found in the panels\tactics folder.

In the file scroll down to the pitch code (line #58) and in the icon_flags bit delete this bit of code: show_position_role_duty_suitability,

Just to hop onto this @michaeltmurrayuk (and sorry if it's been answered elsewhere) is it possible to change those icons back to the FM17 version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TownForThePrem! said:

Just to hop onto this @michaeltmurrayuk (and sorry if it's been answered elsewhere) is it possible to change those icons back to the FM17 version?

You should be able to as they are just graphics, though you'll need to have FM17.

Extract the FM17 ones from this location \skins\fm-widgets\graphics\icons\custom\role rating\circular\ from the skins.fmf file.

Then copy them into the \graphics\icons\custom\role rating\circular\ folder for the skin you are using (if the folders don't exist create them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@michaeltmurrayuk and on related subject I can't figure out which graphics box behind the scouting card in the inbox news screen I need to make transparent.

 

Znc0ibt.jpg

My scouting card graphics box is edited transparent but there is this solid box behind it that I can't find to edit.

Edited by yonko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

Where is graphics file location?

Thanks.

 

HuE0gbr.jpg

It's not a graphic the game just recolours the entire container, it is controlled by the various scouting centre xml files found in the panels\widgets folder, this line controls it:

        <container>
          <record id="object_property" get_property="tbcl" set_property="bkcl" />
        </container>

If you want to change the graphic add a class and/or appearance bit to the first container line so it looks something like:

<container class="plain_box" appearance="">

Though you'll be limited to using a rectangle shape as areas not covered by the graphic go black.

 

@yonko I've no idea as it seems to be outside of the scouting panel file, which means it is likely controlled by one of the files found in the news_item_panels folder but as most of the content is generated by the game instead of the files it's a pain finding the correct file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, yonko said:

@michaeltmurrayuk and on related subject I can't figure out which graphics box behind the scouting card in the inbox news screen I need to make transparent.

 

Znc0ibt.jpg

My scouting card graphics box is edited transparent but there is this solid box behind it that I can't find to edit.

Finally found it, it's controlled by the 'inbox content with scouting centre panel' file found in the panels\news_item_panels\ folder this line controls it:

<container class="bordered_box" background_colour="dark_box_background">

Removing the background colour bit and changing the class or adding an appearance bit should allow you to make it transparent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @michaeltmurrayuk. I will give it a try once I get home from work. 

I forgot to take a screenshot and ask you one more thing. On the tactics screen, on the left side where the starting 11 and subs are in rows, there are the positions, roles and duties column. Is that editable (can I make it more narrow and make space for other columns?) and what file I need to edit to remove the roles suitability pie like you helped me do on the tactics pitch?

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ★ OPZ ★ said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

how to fix ?

thanks.

Brighton v Man Utd_ Match Pitch-4.jpg

That looks like a bug so best raising in the bugs forum.

@yonko had a look at it doesn't look like there is an easy way to remove it from the picked column as it seems to be hardcoded into that column - best thing you can do is using the custom views to remove that column and replace it with the 'Position Selected' one though you will lose the role/duty text and I don't think there is another column that has just that info, nor will you be able to change roles from that column.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

That looks like a bug so best raising in the bugs forum.

@yonko had a look at it doesn't look like there is an easy way to remove it from the picked column as it seems to be hardcoded into that column - best thing you can do is using the custom views to remove that column and replace it with the 'Position Selected' one though you will lose the role/duty text and I don't think there is another column that has just that info, nor will you be able to change roles from that column.

Thanks for looking into it. I think I'm going to replace the column as I do not use the role/duty picker from there - I use it from the tactics pitch. 

Now I'm trying to enlarge the club logo in the titlebar. But it is not happening. Last year when increasing the main logo and quick flicks container width automatically enlarged the club logo but this year it doesn't seem to do that. Instead, it just makes the space between the logo and quick flicks bigger. I'm sure I have to add some size code but I'm not sure which one. Can you please help? Would adding height="80" and width="80" code line replacing the scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" line work in Primary Logo bit?

<!-- main logos container -->
        <container id="MnLg">
            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left,extend" offset="0" gap="0"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

            <!--left sided main logo and quick flicks-->
            <container id="flik" width="100">
                <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,20" gap="5" />

                <!-- Primary Logo -->
                <widget class="picture" id="lgtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="10"/>

                    <attachment class="test_setting_attachment" get_setting="show_badges" default_value="true" set_property="hidn">
                        <boolean id="value" value="false"/>
                    </attachment>

                    <!-- tells the picture to listen to the 'main picture' global property being set, and set its own file property from it -->
                    <record id="object_property">
                        <integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
                    </record>
                </widget>
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2017 at 16:04, yonko said:

Thanks for looking into it. I think I'm going to replace the column as I do not use the role/duty picker from there - I use it from the tactics pitch. 

Now I'm trying to enlarge the club logo in the titlebar. But it is not happening. Last year when increasing the main logo and quick flicks container width automatically enlarged the club logo but this year it doesn't seem to do that. Instead, it just makes the space between the logo and quick flicks bigger. I'm sure I have to add some size code but I'm not sure which one. Can you please help? Would adding height="80" and width="80" code line replacing the scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" line work in Primary Logo bit?

<!-- main logos container -->
        <container id="MnLg">
            <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left,extend" offset="0" gap="0"/>
            <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" apply_to_children="true"/>

            <!--left sided main logo and quick flicks-->
            <container id="flik" width="100">
                <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,20" gap="5" />

                <!-- Primary Logo -->
                <widget class="picture" id="lgtF" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="centre">
                    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="10"/>

                    <attachment class="test_setting_attachment" get_setting="show_badges" default_value="true" set_property="hidn">
                        <boolean id="value" value="false"/>
                    </attachment>

                    <!-- tells the picture to listen to the 'main picture' global property being set, and set its own file property from it -->
                    <record id="object_property">
                        <integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="file" />
                    </record>
                </widget>
 

You need play around with the values I've bolded above - first value is the width for the logo and widgets container, second bit first number is for logo, second for flicks, gap value is space between and last value gives top/bottom gap with the logo, also the code just above that limits the height to 52 pixels so to get it bigger than that you'd need to increase the panel height.

Reducing the inset on the last bit should make the biggest difference.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You need play around with the values I've bolded above - first value is the width for the logo and widgets container, second bit first number is for logo, second for flicks, gap value is space between and last value gives top/bottom gap with the logo, also the code just above that limits the height to 52 pixels so to get it bigger than that you'd need to increase the panel height.

Reducing the inset on the last bit should make the biggest difference.

 

Thanks again. I will try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2017 at 14:07, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's not a graphic the game just recolours the entire container, it is controlled by the various scouting centre xml files found in the panels\widgets folder, this line controls it:

        <container>
          <record id="object_property" get_property="tbcl" set_property="bkcl" />
        </container>

If you want to change the graphic add a class and/or appearance bit to the first container line so it looks something like:

<container class="plain_box" appearance="">

Though you'll be limited to using a rectangle shape as areas not covered by the graphic go black.

Any idea if i can get the new player position indicator card into that box, i cant get it to appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2017 at 13:43, Jovovich said:

2. Add lines in your settings.xml 

  <colour name="scout card" value="white" />
  <colour name="scout card text" value="grey 900" />

 

scout card - background colour

scout card text - text colour

Have added this, tried numerous colour codes, by name and also using RGB values but it stays white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, steveyisatard said:

Have added this, tried numerous colour codes, by name and also using RGB values but it stays white?

Make sure you have both config.xml and settings.xml in the settings folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@yonkoManaged to get the player comparison panel to work without the scroll bars.

5a1ca5d192c79_ScreenShot2017-11-27at23_53_49.thumb.jpg.e41680743157a6714006358d760f7fb7.jpg

 

You need to find a part similar to this, at the very start
<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" gap="2" layout="30, 450, 6, 22" offset="0"/> 

Then under each of Technical/Goalkeeper/Mental/Physical Tables, find a bit of code similar to this
<widget class="table" height="410" id="pltt" layout="-1">

The bold numbers are the values I've used, I think both are set to around 390, maybe the technical ones are a bit lower.

It's in the file that @michaeltmurrayuk mentioned above.

Edited by jeid2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Saevel said:

Yonko, did you fix the tactics screen? Could you upload the skin somewhere?

There was nothing to fix. I just wanted to remove the role suitability as it's useless to me and just distracts me.

4 hours ago, jeid2000 said:

@yonkoManaged to get the player comparison panel to work without the scroll bars.

5a1ca5d192c79_ScreenShot2017-11-27at23_53_49.thumb.jpg.e41680743157a6714006358d760f7fb7.jpg

 

You need to find a part similar to this, at the very start
<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" gap="2" layout="30, 450, 6, 22" offset="0"/> 

Then under each of Technical/Goalkeeper/Mental/Physical Tables, find a bit of code similar to this
<widget class="table" height="410" id="pltt" layout="-1">

The bold numbers are the values I've used, I think both are set to around 390, maybe the technical ones are a bit lower.

It's in the file that @michaeltmurrayuk mentioned above.

I removed the scrollbars following @michaeltmurrayuk suggestions.

But your screen looks more pulled down and fuller. Can I ask on what computer and screen specs you play? I'm on MacBook Pro 15 inch with Retina 2880 x 1800 on 175% zoom setting. Have you reduced the row-height as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yonko said:

There was nothing to fix. I just wanted to remove the role suitability as it's useless to me and just distracts me.

I removed the scrollbars following @michaeltmurrayuk suggestions.

But your screen looks more pulled down and fuller. Can I ask on what computer and screen specs you play? I'm on MacBook Pro 15 inch with Retina 2880 x 1800 on 175% zoom setting. Have you reduced the row-height as well?

I've not reduced the row height. I'm on a 1920x1080 screen.

Here's a link to the file and my settings. player attribute comparison panel xml

Edited by jeid2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - how do you change the colour settings with the player comparison screen (FMT)? 

Is this in the settings panel?

Many thanks

2018.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

 Yes, settings...

 

<colour name="comp person bar 1" red="255" green="100" blue="100"/>

  <colour name="comp person bar 2" red="100" green="100" blue="255"/>

 

You should also be aware of: 

 <colour name="comp person 1" red="25" green="118" blue="79" />
  <colour name="comp person 2" red="21" green="93" blue="118" />

For colouring other aspects in. comparisons.

 

Add if not already present. 

Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2017 at 13:43, Jovovich said:

2. Add lines in your settings.xml 

  <colour name="scout card" value="white" />
  <colour name="scout card text" value="grey 900" />

 

scout card - background colour

scout card text - text colour

Where is the relevant settings.xml file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's found in the settings folder for the skin you are using, if using the default skins you'll need to download and switch over to the Base Skin.

If the skin you are using doesn't have one then create the settings folder and create a new xml file in your settings folder called '<skin_name> settings' (where the skin_name is the folder name of the skin you are using not the in-game name).

Add the following lines:

<properties version="1.0">

    </properties>

And in-between them paste in the above quoted code to change the scout card colours.

(If you cannot create a xml file then download the relevant base skin for the default skin your skin is based on and copy the settings file over and then renamed the base settings file as above).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate your help michael! I'll get on that as soon as arsenal-utd is over, let's hope the 2nd half is as good as the first

Edited by raaatpack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 16:23, yonko said:

@michaeltmurrayuk and on related subject I can't figure out which graphics box behind the scouting card in the inbox news screen I need to make transparent.

 

Znc0ibt.jpg

My scouting card graphics box is edited transparent but there is this solid box behind it that I can't find to edit.

On 11/17/2017 at 17:16, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Finally found it, it's controlled by the 'inbox content with scouting centre panel' file found in the panels\news_item_panels\ folder this line controls it:

<container class="bordered_box" background_colour="dark_box_background">

Removing the background colour bit and changing the class or adding an appearance bit should allow you to make it transparent.

@michaeltmurrayuk: Michael, could you be more specific, how exactly should this line should be edited in order for the solid background box here to become transparent? Thanks.

 

Edited by Boyshane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Boyshane You need to change it so it looks something like:

<container class="plain_box" >

Or

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/plain/standard/paper">

You need to either change the type of box used or point the game to a different graphic either of which has the the level of transparency you want, the type of boxes you can use and the appearance locations can be found in the \sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\ folder extracted from the sitoolkit.fmf file - just pick one you that suits you, or if you have already altered the transparency of some panels point it to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

@Boyshane You need to change it so it looks something like:

<container class="plain_box" >

Or

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/plain/standard/paper">

You need to either change the type of box used or point the game to a different graphic either of which has the the level of transparency you want, the type of boxes you can use and the appearance locations can be found in the \sitoolkit\skins\fm-widgets\graphics\boxes\ folder extracted from the sitoolkit.fmf file - just pick one you that suits you, or if you have already altered the transparency of some panels point it to them.

Resolved. Thanks a lot once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2017 at 08:43, Jovovich said:

2. Add lines in your settings.xml 

  <colour name="scout card" value="white" />
  <colour name="scout card text" value="grey 900" />

 

scout card - background colour

scout card text - text colour

hello mate, would it be possible for someone to add this to the fm18 dark skin xml for me i tried a bunch of times but keeps messing up.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, US ARSENAL said:

hello mate, would it be possible for someone to add this to the fm18 dark skin xml for me i tried a bunch of times but keeps messing up.

thanks

Download and switch to the Dark Base Skin it has the colours added to the settings file already, you just need to change the colours:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

found it but what should the colours be to match the dark skin ? 

 

 

Edited by US ARSENAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, US ARSENAL said:

found it but what should the colours be to match the dark skin ? 

 

 

The default values are quoted above, if you want a custom ones just set them to whatever values you want, you can see the what the default colour options look like here or you can change them to use the RGB values if you want a certain colour, for example if you wanted it to look dark like the above screenshot something like this would work:

<colour name="scout card" red="30" green="31" blue="36" />
<colour name="scout card text" value="white" />

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 i must be doing something completely wrong, i pasted that exact like you wrote but its still showing up white, i reloaded fm also still same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, US ARSENAL said:

 i must be doing something completely wrong, i pasted that exact like you wrote but its still showing up white, i reloaded fm also still same.

Have you switched to using the Dark Base Skin instead of the Default Dark Skin.

Did you replace or just add those lines to the file - you need to find and replace the existing lines otherwise they might not change. Did you save the file after making the changes.

Have you turned off the skin cache and reloaded the skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i did switch to dark base skin and i replaced the lines then i rebooted pc and started the game, still white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, US ARSENAL said:

yeah i did switch to dark base skin and i replaced the lines then i rebooted pc and started the game, still white.

You need to turn off the skin cache for the game to read your changes, if that still doesn't work then goto Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours and select 'Restore Default Colours' as that can sometimes reforce the game to reload the skin colours. Also if you are on a Mac then make sure the text editor you used hasn't changed the " characters to a slanted version.

If that still doesn't work then post up a screenshot of the scouting page, the preferences interface screen and the part of the xml file with the code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, US ARSENAL said:

On the Interface screen under the Clear Cache button you need to untick the 'Use Caching to decrease page loading times' option then click confirm to reload the skin and it should update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, US ARSENAL said:

tried it but its the same, dunno whats going on with it

 

Alright try downloading this file: base18_dark settings.zip

unzip it and place it in the setting folder for the dark base skin so it overwrites the existing file.

Then manually delete you cache files (instructions here) and it should then hopefully work;

capture_001_22122017_204512.thumb.jpg.d0d4d46862f0bd0f2d3ccc047b085588.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i restarted my pc and for some odd reason its worked now thanks alot for your help

Edited by US ARSENAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@michaeltmurrayuk How do I fix the position of the buttons "discard", "get analyst report", "scout more" etc.? I am getting crazy that they are moving around whenever one of them cannot be pressed.

Is it a possibility to just deactivate the other buttons (like greyed over), so that they will stay in the same position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The icons are controlled by the 'player scouting centre actions' xml file found in the panels/player folder. Though I don't think you can set it so the deactivated buttons remain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm okay. Can I make their positions fixed so that they will stay the same place always?

It might not look super cool, but it will make going through 50 scouting reports a little less frustrating :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 14 November 2017 at 20:36, michaeltmurrayuk said:

1. To remove the Role Suitability you need to edit the 'tactics overview side panel' xml file found in the panels\tactics folder.

In the file scroll down to the pitch code (line #58) and in the icon_flags bit delete this bit of code: show_position_role_duty_suitability,

Please ignore. Answered my own question! :)

Edited by Ö-zil to the Arsenal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×