Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Makoto Nakamura

What are the chances of finding another Pelé? Probably one in a Brazillion.

Recommended Posts

Here we go again!

Using @claassen's Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela databases, my slight edit of @Mrt90's Brazilian database and steam user Zato's Argentina database it's time to dig in to my long term save. Here's the setup:

0c840c39d689dd470861a8ad6d84203c.png

862040e81a4de4262ad3bce7d8bd80a7.png

That's 4 tiers of Brazil, 5 of Argentina, 2 of Bolivia, 3 of Chile, 2 of Colombia, 2 of Ecuador, 2 of Paraguay, 2 of Peru, 3 of Uruguay and 2 of Venezuela. Every other nation is view-only since, as I noticed with my Shetland save it did still lead to some surprising teams down the line without damaging too much processing time. I've also loaded every player based in South America.

Why am I managing in Brazil?

Brazil historically have produced some of the best players in the world and it's about time I had a proper crack at this.

Why Sousa?

They're nicknamed the dinosaurs. Also because I want to have players partake in the Danny Roberts Challenge as well as the 1000 appearance challenge and with the edit I made to MRT's database I changed the Paraibano State Championship from 9 games which it's set to to play 18 games plus the playoffs. This was very difficult and I ended up spending a couple of hours in the advanced editor. That is not a fun place.

SousaEC.png

Vista da arquibancada

Club history: (Translated from Portuguese)

Spoiler

Sousa Esporte Clube is a sports association of the city of Sousa , in the state of Paraíba , Brazil.

Founded in 10 of July of 1991 ( the same day Sousa city birthday), the Sousa Esporte Clube began competing professionally in state B series of the same year, being crowned-event champion.

Previous Shield

He stayed for two years with reasonable appearances in Serie A. He was about to play the 1994 Paraibano Football Championship . He managed to get ready at the last minute and was rewarded with the title of the year, becoming the first Sertão team to win the Paraibano, outside the João Pessoa-Campina Grande connection. In 1995 , he was runner-up in Paraguay, losing to Santa Cruz-PB of the city of Santa Rita , located in the metropolitan region of JP, which would become a double champion in 1996. Sousa still competed in the 1995 Brazil Cup, being eliminated (but with dignity) by Flamengo-RJ. He lost both games by 1-0. In Serie C of Brasileirão, the Dinosaur had a reasonable participation in 1994, but in 1995 it was in sixth place in the competition, thus making its best classification in national tournaments in history.

After that, Sousa stiffened disputes to escape relegation. In the first one, the team reached the "bottom of the pit" in 2005 , when it won only 3 matches of 14 disputed. The following year he improved a little: he won 5 matches of 16 disputed.

From 2007 Sousa made the peace with the great campaigns, reaching the final of the first round and the semifinal of the 2nd, guaranteeing the 3rd place.

In 2008 he played in the Brazilian Cup, being eliminated by Vitória by the score of 4 to 1 at home.

He was third in the state once again, reaching the final two shifts and losing to Treze and Campinense. Won the two classics against Atletico de Cajazeiras: 3 to 1 in Cajazeiras and 1 to 0 in Sousa. He did a flawless first round with 8 wins, 4 draws and only 1 loss. In the second round, 2 defeats appeared, but nothing that prevented the advance of the team. In the overall aggregate, there were 26 matches, with 15 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses.

In 2009 , the team finally made it to the bicampeonato, winning the Thirteen in the final, thus guaranteeing a vacancy in the Series D of the Brazilian Championship of the same year, a tournament that they preferred not to participate, thus giving up their place at the Treze Futebol Clube. With the title, he also won the place in the 2010 Brazil Cup where he faced Vasco da Gama in the first phase, having to send his game, once again, in the "O Almeidão" stadium in João Pessoa where he was defeated by 2x1, after winning, with goal of the half "Ribinha", thus ensuring the game back in San Januário, game that ended tied for 0x0.

In the year of 2015 he was champion of the second round of the Paraibano championship, winning the Campinense Club in the decision, nevertheless in the finalissima of the championship, lost to the same Campinense, being with the vice championship, which assured him the vacancy in the Brazilian Championship of the D series of that year.

He also participated in the Brazilian Championship of the D series in 2016, being eliminated still in the first phase and will play again in that year of 2017.

Sousa was known throughout Brazil for "closing the door" for Flamengo . At the 1995 Brazil Cup , the team asserted the old adage " rapadura is sweet, but it is not soft ". Flamengo had to sweat to win the score of 1 to 0 in the first leg in João Pessoa. And in Rio de Janeiro, where they were expecting a goblin rubronegra, another sweaty one came out 0-0. The player who was most famous that day was Caçote, who almost did not make a bicycle goal for Sousa.

7cde460151122f2c5792e051a505ac4d.png

a495a2bf66f7818bfad6473090304ec5.png

Not a lot of history and terrible facilities, not a great start.

Squad:

3430963528ce82555faabc03eb6a4509.png

That is a hell of a lot of strikers...

Reserves:

5b2aef0cf338ee6024f91675512a3f59.png

The only players with potential are out on loan.

Under 20's:

528843ee946bcf838958a2d3975d86d5.png

Oh dear.

Best Players:

33214c1b5e1236076a141d65aeb60f6c.png

b0e33443c88989e5b4c597386f2e3c3a.png

6ff5d3e3f8188650efea2f3f1d72669b.png

6580e272b16425b94aa1e4fadc682c3b.png

ab0dab8964c203549c5f0ab1ba79d9c9.png

Best Reserves:

27b8865024595eb5575a5cffe9f29f3a.png

eda203d7dd6ab7be77ebfad6caf48398.png

949faf694f0b2a2f82b44593087527b4.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good luck with this.  Toward the end of FM 17 i started a youth only in tier 3 with Joinville! I am having so much of a blast with the save that I have not bought FM 18 yet cause of it!  Some of the depth of the intakes are outrageous, you will love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great carrer! I tried it twice in FM 16 starting in the Série C (original db) but ended up being relegated. The gap between the youth intakes and the average players of the league is a bit bigger in Brazil compared to most leagues where people do youth only challenges.

Playing a weak State Championship means you can give your youth players a lot of playing time (or you can break some records).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, drewedborg12 said:

good luck with this.  Toward the end of FM 17 i started a youth only in tier 3 with Joinville! I am having so much of a blast with the save that I have not bought FM 18 yet cause of it!  Some of the depth of the intakes are outrageous, you will love it!

Thanks drewedborg, I'm hoping the lack of facilities won't hamper us too much, hopefully I can get lucky early on!

5 hours ago, jengaehassim said:

Great carrer! I tried it twice in FM 16 starting in the Série C (original db) but ended up being relegated. The gap between the youth intakes and the average players of the league is a bit bigger in Brazil compared to most leagues where people do youth only challenges.

Playing a weak State Championship means you can give your youth players a lot of playing time (or you can break some records).

Since I'm starting a little bit lower down I'm hoping that there's more room for improvement, but all of the players in Brazil are a few steps above what I'm used to for a youth only challenge. The Paraibano State Championship is definitely one of the weaker ones, Botafogo (PB) are the strongest team and they're in Serie C then there's ourselves and Campinense that are in Serie D and the other 7 are in the lower leagues and with 22 games to potentially play, if we get into Serie A and continental competitions we can get some big wins!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 2017

58f883e3de45437f9bc1c5393149ccc4.png

abfb495ce2ec76b52d7f7a5201c9e73a.png

And just like that we've played almost half of the state championship, a solid start and Botafogo are well out in front, it may not even matter since we could scrape past them in the Semi-Final or Final, which I'm pretty confident of making as 4 of us are drawing ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

 

b0e33443c88989e5b4c597386f2e3c3a.png

Hopefully this lad gives you a vulgar display of power in goal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great!

Campeonato Paraibano was also my first choice as in real life it seems to have the highest possible number of matches plus its teams can also play the regional Copa do Nordeste (an extra 12 matches if you make it to the finals). Unfortunately in FM18 this league only has 9 games (to prevent fixtures congestion) and I'm useless with the editor so I decided to go with Piaui state (18 total matches including playoffs) and took over River (Pi) after the game promoted them to Serie C. With Copa do Brasil, Nordeste and Libertadores I think we'll eventually push towards 90+ total matches per season :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love a good Brazilian save, hopefully this one sticks around for a while! Still have fond memories of a long term save I had there a couple of versions ago.

 

Good luck :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cplpeters1900 said:

Brilliant start! What tactics are you using?

04f11b39f107d4c8687c2b9b4386844b.png

This has been acceptable, changing to Standard/Counter against Botafogo, it may not work in Serie D though with the stronger oppostition.

6 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Following. :thup:

Thanks for following! :) 

5 hours ago, deltablue said:

At this rate you'll have to have your own Best thread name' Category again ;)

I'll try to limit myself :D This should be it now....should.

5 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Hopefully this lad gives you a vulgar display of power in goal.

 

Didn't realise Pantera were a heavy metal group, his real name is Eliel Jose Martins Santos. https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliel_José_Martins_Santos

3 hours ago, kandersson said:

Looks great!

Campeonato Paraibano was also my first choice as in real life it seems to have the highest possible number of matches plus its teams can also play the regional Copa do Nordeste (an extra 12 matches if you make it to the finals). Unfortunately in FM18 this league only has 9 games (to prevent fixtures congestion) and I'm useless with the editor so I decided to go with Piaui state (18 total matches including playoffs) and took over River (Pi) after the game promoted them to Serie C. With Copa do Brasil, Nordeste and Libertadores I think we'll eventually push towards 90+ total matches per season :D

 

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this train of thought! I spent a few hours scratching my head and to make it work I had to change the default starting date of the Campeonato Paraibano since it would only play 17 matches and not playoffs to start with but now I'll get hopefully 22 state matches. I tried to calculate it and if it's correct and we make the final of every competition once we hit the top then we'd be playing 98 games a season! Very helpful for taking part in the Danny Roberts challenge!

1 hour ago, LUFCspeni said:

Love a good Brazilian save, hopefully this one sticks around for a while! Still have fond memories of a long term save I had there a couple of versions ago.

 

Good luck :D

Thanks LUFCSpeni! I hope it sticks around too! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February 2017

c21bff2fd0d81b4ea8b53c2e3d5cf2b6.png

22e93d5103bfc376b5a8a511f0251849.png

3 wins from 3 but Botafogo are still 2 clear with a game in hand, we're also getting short term injuries piling up, hopefully this doesn't affect us too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 2017

89c7d197fab19f3e5d4166cc0052b3bc.png

d7d98d1ed5980738915e7edf6166277e.png

Another loss to Botafogo (PB) and a poor draw away to Treze but very good otherwise, with the 6-2 win against Atlético Cajazeirense de Desportos being a record for us. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 2017

8a787740a75d7790f73c27eb2ea3454b.png

bd2895a43db87269e48485448afd5465.png

That's our fixtures done for the year, for America (RN) they now have the playoff 1st Round, 2nd Round, Quarter Final (winning this means promotion) the Semi Final and then Final to see who are the Champions of Serie D, meaning there are 6 league games and 10 playoff games. :lol:

Can we spare a though for PSTC Procopense and Atletico Pernambucano?

3135301c333b8826b4ea74ac71cfe734.png

5818e69809aef52a1b636df22c6f4626.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they still have the 27364 regional cups in Brazil which would be the equivalent of putting Spurs, Barnet, Borehamwood  and Enfield Town in the same group? 

There have been times in the past where I made an aim to win every competition in one nation and I did it in places like Uruguay and Austria who only have a few leagues in their pyramid and the cup.. Then I got to Brazil......:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boycott said:

Do they still have the 27364 regional cups in Brazil which would be the equivalent of putting Spurs, Barnet, Borehamwood  and Enfield Town in the same group? 

There have been times in the past where I made an aim to win every competition in one nation and I did it in places like Uruguay and Austria who only have a few leagues in their pyramid and the cup.. Then I got to Brazil......:lol:

They would be the State Championships and there's 27 of them. :) I wouldn't try to win all of them if I were you though, that would be a long career in itself! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good first season! 

Now this might be something for a distant future but apparently once you qualify for Copa Libertadores you won't enter copa do Nordeste anymore (I thought it was possible this year but probably this is done to avoid nightmare scheduling like 4 matches in a week during first rounds of the cups) while also entering Copa do Brasil in 5th round (which also happens in real life). So I guess this will lower the total possible matches under 90 :(.

On the other hand if you're going for the 1000 goals challenge it's unlikely that you could get a striker playing more than 70-75 games so you'll be fine. Plus you'll fully benefit from your weak state championship like I do in Piaui :D.

5a0b387c91f69_BrazilianPiauStateChampionship_AwardsAwardWinners.thumb.png.4e6f14d27ecdc645267e09a0850c563d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Good first season! 

Now this might be something for a distant future but apparently once you qualify for Copa Libertadores you won't enter copa do Nordeste anymore (I thought it was possible this year but probably this is done to avoid nightmare scheduling like 4 matches in a week during first rounds of the cups) while also entering Copa do Brasil in 5th round (which also happens in real life). So I guess this will lower the total possible matches under 90 :(.

On the other hand if you're going for the 1000 goals challenge it's unlikely that you could get a striker playing more than 70-75 games so you'll be fine. Plus you'll fully benefit from your weak state championship like I do in Piaui :D.

5a0b387c91f69_BrazilianPiauStateChampionship_AwardsAwardWinners.thumb.png.4e6f14d27ecdc645267e09a0850c563d.png

That's a shame, looks like I picked the right FM to give this a proper shot then! The top scorer in our state championship only got 16 goals and it's going to be some time before I get a striker that can get anywhere near that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of Season 2017

The under 20's didn't finish until 18th November, so we actually only have 6 weeks until the league starts again.

b8f9ae98c2bf109b8a888a8824977b84.png

 

e690163f63d7a3a794b56ee5aa34b9d1.pngebd5f7c7fcd1ea82bbb400d20878b63c.pnga1b445dc94493660494e189c307f6d85.png

c2858555ff96e24d5b24ae25173405ff.png

We finished 37th out of 68 overall and were predicted 47th so we did better than expected!

Dynamics:

bfefe057a75f13a5e78f3750295870ea.png

4405ee9c2005343fe3173b25aaeb3b6f.png

a1344d5daaa594a3804fd49cffa83f26.png

Best XI

0beb815ee42ced63f2b4e434b2ded0fd.png

Pantera

Iranílson - Renan Elphas - Marquinhos

Gleidson

                                                                 Camilo

                Danilo Lopes

Josivan - Paulinho Mossoró - Liniker

Daniel Caiçara

 

 

Edited by Makoto Nakamura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

56acdfe1e993d51a8c31f7bcbfbbfbf4.png

Libório's face seems pretty unimpressed to be honest. Good luck in Brazil!!

Edited by MAMRICCA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MAMRICCA said:

Libório's face seems pretty unimpressed to be honest. Good luck in Brazil!!

Yea he doesn't look the happiest of people...Thanks Mamricca!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

January 2018

ec0808f6b22cf270ded93b7059498ecd.png

Reach the Semi Finals, easy enough and we're in the Copa do Brasil! We'll be out in the First Round though since we face Atlético Clube Goianiense who were relegated from Serie A last season.

daafb3590f91744dc25421e31f088222.png

225219b1c638d9bb994ae50853b8569e.png

An almost perfect start with the obligatory loss to Botafogo but we're top of the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

February 2018

ba6cab101b4d1401a8adcecb4382bbf1.png

93ebe26fe52e5e9102056635c1143e88.png

We're still top of the table but I see Botafogo will beat us and leapfrog us. Surprise surprise though as we beat Atletico Goianiense and are through to the 2nd Round where we'll face Brasiliense FC de Taguatinga who are a non league side.

403e58b362e54011d2dfd5c25eb5ff70.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April 2018

616381bbafa132d502a97d16d0b72d66.png

1eb104a516570fb8712e27a99de2bf11.png

I'm very happy with how we did against São Paulo and I'd like to say the prize money helped us, but despite having over £200K in the bank for now we still can't improve anything due to the financial situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jengaehassim said:

Fantastic run at the Copa do Brasil! Hoping for a better youth intake.

If only we could improve the junior coaching, and same here, we need a lot more depth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing run in the Copa! Botafogo seem pretty annoying, do they play with the infamous 4-2-2-2 DM narrow? You'll get rid of them sooner rather than later.

I was wondering what real name fix are you using for teams/competitions? I have the one from fmscout I think but yours looks better (mine has names of sponsors like Bridgestone Libertadores or Perdigao Copa do Brasil...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kandersson said:

Amazing run in the Copa! Botafogo seem pretty annoying, do they play with the infamous 4-2-2-2 DM narrow? You'll get rid of them sooner rather than later.

I was wondering what real name fix are you using for teams/competitions? I have the one from fmscout I think but yours looks better (mine has names of sponsors like Bridgestone Libertadores or Perdigao Copa do Brasil...)

It really was a great run! They've been playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 DM's and an AML, AMC and AMR. I'm using the one found on sortitoutsi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

August 2018

b4f141a776375bceb7d733b0fc304bc1.png

abd4e20030dabd9db63819dc46798383.png

4 games and 3 wins means we're top of the group and into the playoffs! America (RN) also manage to qualify was one of the best runners up.

e1e056db7592a001f0a536dfe1a25b9b.png

d411abda88996bc853543cf20ab228c8.png

Guarany finished 2nd in their group but did beat Baraunas 6-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 Youth Candidates

9ecd1cc527cb06c3b1ed21a091b1dd3f.png

I'm listening...

11ae27e64ca34acfd42725e9d933a592.png

4 Players who can be good enough for the first team, YP2a is already the 2nd best DC and the 3rd best DL and DR as well as YP2c already being the 2nd best GK at the club.

90957b7594dbf682fd31f360dbab2952.png

0b5b127becc1f57d62b27214941e65f8.png

ee6be92dae9af711c92aa1ad2b368a1b.png

9731aab4c480210dbf824481e2c47371.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck in Brazil! I always enjoy following your careers.

But what on earth is going on with these Brazilian names? Weberweg Lisarb? Gurebson? Are they throwing random letters on the floor and use whatever lands in a row?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, XaW said:

Good luck in Brazil! I always enjoy following your careers.

But what on earth is going on with these Brazilian names? Weberweg Lisarb? Gurebson? Are they throwing random letters on the floor and use whatever lands in a row?

Thanks XaW! I'm glad you're enjoying this and all my other careers haha. :lol: I honestly have no idea but Weberweg Lisarb is a genuine name, I googled it an it came up with various Facebook and Instagram accounts and Irvison? Also real, in fact... https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ramos/profil/spieler/145685 - Goes by the name of Ramos but his full name Irvison Guerbson Ramos Oliveira.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

September 2018

012007c88dc9ccfdf47bee096c75dc89.png

Scraped past Guarany de Sobral and we won our rematches against America (RN) and we drew the home leg with Fast Clube, I can't see us winning the away leg but if we can snatch a draw and go through...then we win promotion! I think it's way, way too soon to go up though personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...