[FM18] Uncle Sam Real Life USA Pyramid - v2.5 RELEASED!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making progress on the data, but I'm about to be faced with a tough call. The NASL is probably inches away from folding. The champion San Francisco Deltas... folded yesterday. North Carolina FC moved to the USL today. That leaves six teams with two expansion teams to start next season. There is even some evidence that FC Edmonton will also withdraw from the league. Meanwhile The USL now stands at 38 teams (including all future expansion teams). When the NASL folds (which it almost certainly will), will the clubs all fold or move to the USL? This makes this whole project a huge headache.

EDIT: And in another example of how volatile the situation is, San Francisco may not have folded. It does appear likely, as they had the worst attendance despite winning the league.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Ya I would just leave NASL as an independent league with no connection to the MLS maybe or the american leagues. I mean in real life they aren't connected to the MLS. Also if you look at the USSF new ruling they are no longer considered a division two side only the USL is. Although it be sad seeing someone like the Cosmos no longer a team if they do fall apart in real life. @Uncle Sam

Edited by Cheronobyl

8 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I'm making progress on the data, but I'm about to be faced with a tough call. The NASL is probably inches away from folding. The champion San Francisco Deltas... folded yesterday. North Carolina FC moved to the USL today. That leaves six teams with two expansion teams to start next season. There is even some evidence that FC Edmonton will also withdraw from the league. Meanwhile The USL now stands at 38 teams (including all future expansion teams). When the NASL folds (which it almost certainly will), will the clubs all fold or move to the USL? This makes this whole project a huge headache.

EDIT: And in another example of how volatile the situation is, San Francisco may not have folded. It does appear likely, as they had the worst attendance despite winning the league.

Rochester in USL is also on the brink..

11 hours ago, Lolo685 said:

Rochester in USL is also on the brink..

Yea, I read they're on a desperate search for an investor. That would be sad, they're the last non-MLS team to win the Open Cup. I'm not one of those militant pro/rel fanatics, but they would be a sad casualty of the rigid system. I bet they wouldn't have much trouble finding an investor if they had the prospect of promotion.

Once again, beautiful work to come.

I'm preparing an update according to my preferences for the USA. Less detailed technically than yours.

In D2, I'm going to put USL (with expansions clubs). Maybe, with three conferences.

In D3, I'm going to organize a championship with NASL ans NISA team's. I'm also going to add clubs of NPSL, ASL, UPSL... (Boca Raton, Détroit, Virginia, Hartford, Arizona, New Orelans).

10 hours ago, niceman14 said:

I'm preparing an update according to my preferences for the USA. Less detailed technically than yours.

In D2, I'm going to put USL (with expansions clubs). Maybe, with three conferences.

In D3, I'm going to organize a championship with NASL ans NISA team's. I'm also going to add clubs of NPSL, ASL, UPSL... (Boca Raton, Détroit, Virginia, Hartford, Arizona, New Orelans).

What I'm leaning towards right now is just putting all NASL, USL, and proposed NISA and USL3 teams together and create two divisions: USL and USL3 with pro/rel. All MLS B/2 sides will probably start in USL3.

On 19/11/2017 at 11:37, niceman14 said:

19 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

What I'm leaning towards right now is just putting all NASL, USL, and proposed NISA and USL3 teams together and create two divisions: USL and USL3 with pro/rel. All MLS B/2 sides will probably start in USL3.

According to me, you should put pro/rel also between NASL and NISA becaus one of NISA's missions is introduce pro/rel.

However, how much team will be in MLS?

Edmonton and San Francisco leave the NASL... It begins to become too complicate to create an update. Personally, I will see an inversion USL (for D2) and ... NISA (D3 with the disappearance of the NASL). Indy Eleven and San Diego would go to USL ... Cosmos would continue in NISA (I think that they bluff when they tell to stop if they go to D3)... 

Quick Update: I am still working on this update. I honestly don't have a ton of free time but every opportunity I get I'm working on data. Right now I'm adding the UPSL clubs and thinking about what options I have to recreate that division as close to real life as I can.

And yes, FC Edmonton and the San Francisco Deltas have now folded, so the NASL as of now only has 7 teams. Until we know what the league will look like in 2018, that means I'll probably just add the remaining NASL teams to the USL.

6 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Quick Update: I am still working on this update. I honestly don't have a ton of free time but every opportunity I get I'm working on data. Right now I'm adding the UPSL clubs and thinking about what options I have to recreate that division as close to real life as I can.

And yes, FC Edmonton and the San Francisco Deltas have now folded, so the NASL as of now only has 7 teams. Until we know what the league will look like in 2018, that means I'll probably just add the remaining NASL teams to the USL.

Sad! FCE were NASL loyalists.. not a good sign to see them gone. Also pretty much confirms they'll be looking to play CanPL

Edited by Lolo685

6 minutes ago, Lolo685 said:

Sad! FCE were NASL loyalists.. not a good sign to see them gone. Also pretty much confirms they'll be looking to play CanPL

They may reconstitute and join the CPL, but from what I've read they have ceased operations entirely.

16 ore fa, Sirca ha scritto:
when it is about ready ?

Excuse me but why you don't read the first message of this topic?

If you had red it, you should know that I'm not the author of this file so I can't answer you. The autohr of this file is user Uncle_Sam so you must ask to him.

Cheers

4 часа назад, PaMi 7 сказал:

Excuse me but why you don't read the first message of this topic?

If you had red it, you should know that I'm not the author of this file so I can't answer you. The autohr of this file is user Uncle_Sam so you must ask to him.

Cheers

and I want to ask you! I like you

44 minutes ago, soccermot said:

Try looking, in the Editing Tool,  at the Transfers section and see if it's there.

I thought it might be, had a look cant see anything obv. might be one of the income tax rules. i'll trial and error it.  cheers soccermot

• 1 month later...

OK, so apologies for my absence. Not making excuses, but I've been away for a couple of reasons. FIrst, all of my work on preparing for the FM18 release was undone because the release editor wouldn't load the changes that I made on the beta editor. So that was really frustrating because I had done a lot of work. Then, as I started to redo everything I had a family tragedy to deal with that I won't bother you with but can assure you that it's past. I did sit down to begin again, but then my basketball coach quit on me so I had to try and coach a basketball team which is a sport that while I played I actually know very little about. That ate up A LOT of my time, and to make it worse I completely sucked it no matter how much time I tried to figure it out. And finally, the volatility of the US Soccer system is maddening at the moment. The NASL is down to 6 teams, and it appears very possible that Puerto Rico FC won't be able to field a team this season which will bring it to five. I can't see the league soldiering on if that's the case. There is still pending litigation and I would bet that the teams that are hanging on are waiting to see how that unfolds. SO... I'm really struggling with how to proceed on the structure. 

With that said, I am working on data at the moment. Over the last couple of months, as always happens at this time, new clubs have formed and some clubs have folded. I have decided that I'm probably giving up on the UPSL. I wish the USSF would do something about the lower leagues because right now you have like 6 or 7 leagues down there that are independent of each other. How about you knuckleheads bring them together to create some kind of uniformity so that rather than competing with each other you're creating a structure where the clubs can compete? I'm all about the free market, but I think we've seen with the USL vs. NASL nonsense that it's not good for local soccer to have competing leagues at the same level. It should be the USSF's job to sort out that but I guess our qualifying failure is just kind of evidence that they don't really have their act together.

I have been waiting for this and your pro rel database to really get stuck into a save great work as always. On fm 17 I made Miami fc a North American powerhouse on your pro rel database looking foward to doing the same again.

Ha, here is some more maddening stuff. The NASL will not start until August this year. So some of the NASL clubs are going to be competing in the NPSL in the meantime. Miami FC is fielding an NPSL team for this season only, but it's going to technically be called Miami FC 2. WTF am I supposed to do with that? I had hoped the new USSF President would step in and sort this out but they just hired another guy from the current establishment so I doubt very much will change. In the meantime, I'm about halfway through adding NPSL clubs, when I'm finished with that I'll get to setting up the league rules.

2 hours ago, CrowBar said:

Hey there,

This is looking great. What will you do with the MLS itself? Will you include the future teams of Miami & Nashville? Nashville was confirmed not too long ago aswell (for 2019 or 2020).

Miami & Nashville will definitely be added. I'm kind of hoping that the 26th team is announced soon because I hate odd-numbered leagues. What I hope to do is expand the league just as it is in real life, so:

2018 - LAFC

2019 - Nashville FC, Miami, ????

Unfortunately, I couldn't make that work on FM17 because of hard-coding and had to expand it all at once.

20 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Miami & Nashville will definitely be added. I'm kind of hoping that the 26th team is announced soon because I hate odd-numbered leagues. What I hope to do is expand the league just as it is in real life, so:

2018 - LAFC

2019 - Nashville FC, Miami, ????

Unfortunately, I couldn't make that work on FM17 because of hard-coding and had to expand it all at once.

Oh I  most definitely agree. I am editing the MLS as we speak, because I can not stand the odd number at all (23 isn't fair either, in my opinion). Trying to add in Nashville myself, as I haven't seen anyone doing this small thing.

From what I have gathered, it is unlikely that a 26th team will be announced anytime soon.

Perhaps you could gamble on it instead, Sacramento would make the most sense in my opinion. Because LAFC is on the Western Conference, then Nashville should be on the Eastern. Miami should be on Eastern, and Sacramento would be perfect for the Western. Cincinnati would be problematic until we get 28 teams and/or a division system.

Or perhaps I am just wrong. Since the MLS have set 28 teams as their goal in the next years to come, I assume that eventually they will change the system to have divisions similar to what the NHL, NFL etc. have.

Edited by CrowBar

Data has been put in, so now I'm working on the rules. I'm going to start with MLS at 24 teams in 2018 and get that and the lower divisions stable, and then worry about Nashville SC and further expansion. I'm really not aiming for a release until the last patch because the final data update always blows it up anyway, so to avoid having to do two back-to-back releases.