[FM18] Uncle Sam Real Life USA Pyramid - v2.5 RELEASED!

11 minutes ago, Boyle.se said:

It looks as if the UID is messed up on the Pic file and the UID. 

Example: 

San Jose State UID: 2062009517

San Jose State File Name: 2062002328.png

It says right next to the link to the graphics that their will be issues with NCAA if used with other files that have created teams.

Also he said Nations League will be a seperate file on the previous page. :)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Original Post has been updated with some big additions and corrections.

The biggest fix was the CONCACAF Champions League. It wasn't organizing in some seasons, but I sorted that out.

I've also added the Canadian leagues, and created an optional file that includes the Canadian Premier League.

And the CONCACAF Nations League has been added and is correct.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

On 4/3/2018 at 08:36, bragin2951 said:

Uncle_Sam, awesome work on US Pyramid. I've got one question about NCAA. I'd found in graphics SEC conference. Would you add this conference to your update?

Ha, maybe I'll put that in. I live in Tennessee so in a past version of this project I created an SEC for my own personal use, that's why those are in there.

31 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Original Post has been updated with some big additions and corrections.

The biggest fix was the CONCACAF Champions League. It wasn't organizing in some seasons, but I sorted that out.

I've also added the Canadian leagues, and created an optional file that includes the Canadian Premier League.

And the CONCACAF Nations League has been added and is correct.

Great! I can start my save now. Thanks for your work. :)

1 hour ago, lo.simon said:

@Uncle_Sam The NASL dissapear ?

Yes. I did that because the NASL is on hiatus and I seriously doubt it will return. As of now I think there are only four franchises still committed to the league and one will very likely fold soon. I dropped NY Cosmos and Miami FC to NPSL and Cal United to UPSL because that's the route those teams are taking this year, and there is no way USL would accept them as there are already MLS/USL franchises in those markets. San Diego 1904 FC I moved to USL because they have applied to join in real life. And Jacksonville and Puerto Rico FC I also moved to USL to keep them alive for the time being and they both play in markets not currently represented in MLS/USL.

Just seen that in the USA January Camp games, the home team seems to be randomly drawn when logic seems to suggest it should always be the US (the matches are always played in the US). The second game also failed to schedule in 2019 for no apparent reason but was back for 2020.

The games also seem to take place in either the Stubhub Centre or the Home Depot Centre - but they appear to be the same place that got renamed. The Home Depot Center is listed as extinct in the database and doesn't seem to be used for anything else bar tournament histories, so should I assume be removed as a venue.

5 minutes ago, JAYMEETEE said:

I've noticed that FC Buffalo play in both the USL and NPSL.

Yes, apologies. I forgot to correct the competition rules. I fixed that and reuploaded the file with the CPL. It will take me a day or so to correct the file without the CPL.

I also made changes to the USSDA to bring it more up to date, including changes to the logos and some kits that have been corrected in the original post as well. I also added some logos and kits I have for domestic Canadian teams, but I admittedly don't have them all. If someone has something to contribute it would appreciated.

2 hours ago, Number seven said:

Jacksonville Armada is playing in NPSL this year:

http://jacksonvillearmadafc.bonzidev.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=5937288

I am aware of that, but I decided to put them in the USL to even out the numbers and left the Armada U23 team in the NPSL. The owner has discussed his options and is open to finding a new league. Multiple times in the past they've talked about applying to join the USL so I just went ahead and did it, until we know something more concrete at least.

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

Just seen that in the USA January Camp games, the home team seems to be randomly drawn when logic seems to suggest it should always be the US (the matches are always played in the US). The second game also failed to schedule in 2019 for no apparent reason but was back for 2020.

3 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

The games also seem to take place in either the Stubhub Centre or the Home Depot Centre - but they appear to be the same place that got renamed. The Home Depot Center is listed as extinct in the database and doesn't seem to be used for anything else bar tournament histories, so should I assume be removed as a venue.

Looking at that now, thanks. I would want the US to be the home team and to be honest I hadn't really thought about it. I assumed since they were automatically chosen as the host they be the home team. I'll look at the stadium issue as well and reupload it ASAP.

As for one of the matches being cancelled I would actually be OK with that because sometimes the US only plays one friendly in the January camp, such as this year when they only played Bosnia. Probably there was some kind of conflict with the nation that randomly drawn, like a qualifier or something.

I corrected the StubHub! Center as the only stadium used in the USA January Camp but I couldn't force the competition to make the USA the home team. I'll toy around with a different format tonight and see if I can sort it.

20 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Looking at that now, thanks. I would want the US to be the home team and to be honest I hadn't really thought about it. I assumed since they were automatically chosen as the host they be the home team. I'll look at the stadium issue as well and reupload it ASAP.

As for one of the matches being cancelled I would actually be OK with that because sometimes the US only plays one friendly in the January camp, such as this year when they only played Bosnia. Probably there was some kind of conflict with the nation that randomly drawn, like a qualifier or something.

No worries! Thanks for the database, it looks awesome, can't wait to get playing on it :)

Yeah, tried a few things myself with the host but couldn't get it to work. Did manage to accidentally have America playing themselves which I wouldn't have managed in a million years if that's what I was actually trying to do :D Shouldn't matter much anyway, just looks a little weird.

I did also see while researching it that the matches don't always seem to be at that stadium, but I don't know how easy it is to get the game to just treat them like minor US home fixtures and select a stadium as such.

43 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I also made changes to the USSDA to bring it more up to date, including changes to the logos and some kits that have been corrected in the original post as well. I also added some logos and kits I have for domestic Canadian teams, but I admittedly don't have them all. If someone has something to contribute it would appreciated.

The graphics link is still the old one from 2018-03-29.

I will see if I can fill some gaps logo wise.

The International Champions Cup seems to have some issues too. When looking back at the schedules of participating clubs, the fixtures are sometimes recorded correctly. Other times however, there are blank entries listed as "No Competition" in the filter where the games should be, and others there is no record of the matches at all. It also differs to real life in that clubs are playing everyone else in the competition rather than just three games.

So I ran a test to 2021 and the CCL seemed to run fine. All other competitions functioned as they should also. I did go ahead and redo the links in the opening post so maybe just try and redownload the file. I do apologize.

Oh, and I also reuploaded and reset the link for the graphics file as well.

image.png

image.png

38 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

So I ran a test to 2021 and the CCL seemed to run fine. All other competitions functioned as they should also. I did go ahead and redo the links in the opening post so maybe just try and redownload the file. I do apologize.

Oh, and I also reuploaded and reset the link for the graphics file as well.

image.png

image.png

I'll give it another go and failing that I'l reinstall FM - I do have custom graphics (facepacks etc) and used to have a real-names fix installed, so maybe something left over is causing a bizarre conflict. Sorry if it does turn out to just be something like that!

Just reinstalled from scratch. Used 5 of your files - USA Canada Expansion with CPL, Copa Nuevo Mundo, CONCACAF League and US January Camp, Pan-Pacific Championship, North America Club Competitions with SuperLiga - and the graphics pack. Selected the MLS only with a small database and the 2018 start, holidayed a few months and the CONCACAF League (as in the club tournament, not the Nations League) failed to schedule for the 2018 season. Trying again now with only the USA Canada Expansion with CPL and North America Club Competitions with SuperLiga files (plus the graphics) and the earliest possible 2017 start, MLS only. 

1 minute ago, Spurs08 said:

I'll give it another go and failing that I'l reinstall FM - I do have custom graphics (facepacks etc) and used to have a real-names fix installed, so maybe something left over is causing a bizarre conflict. Sorry if it does turn out to just be something like that!

Yes, the Real Names Fix will have to be edited when using my file. I just remove entirely the sections on the USA and Canada, and some of the other extinct competitions that are still named by the file as well. I use a lot of extinct competitions to recreate mine in order to avoid a lot of graphic conflicts.

However that shouldn't affect the leagues functioning. The only conflict would be with other editor files. If there is a file that alters one of the affected clubs, I could see that causing an issue as well.

I have filled the gaps for Canadian club and comp logos. I have included the config file so just merge the folders and replace.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0flm83n0wz0hyl7/Canada Logo Fix.zip

OSU Force play in both League1 Ontario and Ligue Quebec (on the Canadian Premier League file at least). St-Hubert needs to replace them in Quebec.

Edited by JAYMEETEE

9 minutes ago, JAYMEETEE said:

I have filled the gaps for Canadian club and comp logos. I have included the config file so just merge the folders and replace.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0flm83n0wz0hyl7/Canada Logo Fix.zip

OSU Force play in both League1 Ontario and Ligue Quebec (on the Canadian Premier League file at least). St-Hubert needs to replace them in the Quebec advanced rules.

I can't run a test at this moment but is that true for the first season? Because there is no reason in the file that should be the case.

2 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I can't run a test at this moment but is that true for the first season? Because there is no reason in the file that should be the case.

Yeh first season as soon as I create a save. Ligue Quebec has All Team From Division set so i'm not sure why it's getting them either. I fixed it by getting Specific Teams, so that's probably the way to go with it.

37 minutes ago, JAYMEETEE said:

Yeh first season as soon as I create a save. Ligue Quebec has All Team From Division set so i'm not sure why it's getting them either. I fixed it by getting Specific Teams, so that's probably the way to go with it.

Yea, that's what I was going to do but it is definitely bizarre.

2 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Yes, the Real Names Fix will have to be edited when using my file. I just remove entirely the sections on the USA and Canada, and some of the other extinct competitions that are still named by the file as well. I use a lot of extinct competitions to recreate mine in order to avoid a lot of graphic conflicts.

However that shouldn't affect the leagues functioning. The only conflict would be with other editor files. If there is a file that alters one of the affected clubs, I could see that causing an issue as well.

Yeah, as I say it's definitely all off now and still have problems, seems to be just me though so I'll have another look and then give up on it!

So I have reuploaded the expansion file with the CPL. It hopefully permanently corrects the issue with clubs playing in multiple competitions. I have also added the new clubs in the PLSQ and the Canadian Soccer League for 2018. The CSL and the CSL2 still have 8-team championship playoffs until I know that the postseason will be expanding also.

I have also reuploaded and linked the graphics file to include the new logos, etc.

4 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

This looks great and I can’t wait to get started with this update. Any chance you could advise which extinct competitions you remove from the Real Names Fix to clear up the remaining discrepancies?

Also, do you recommend not using any other graphics packs with this? I typically use the Metallic Logos Megapack but it seems to result in a number of incorrect logos, particularly in the CPL.

One other (very minor) thing, the Halifax CPL team appears to be spelt Hallifax. Easy enough to change myself, but thought I’d flag it.

Hi, Just a quick question.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.  When starting a new game as one of the NCAA colleges (Duke for example.)  Every time I click on the 'competitions' tab on the left hand side, the game crashes.  Has anyone experienced this?  FM is up to date, and this is the only add on I have loaded.  Maybe I'm doing something really simple wrong.

This database looks awesome and I really can't wait to use it, all your hard work is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, 11Carraghers said:

Hi, Just a quick question.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.  When starting a new game as one of the NCAA colleges (Duke for example.)  Every time I click on the 'competitions' tab on the left hand side, the game crashes.  Has anyone experienced this?  FM is up to date, and this is the only add on I have loaded.  Maybe I'm doing something really simple wrong.

This database looks awesome and I really can't wait to use it, all your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Yes, that's an old issue. I will update the opening post with a disclaimer. I have tried to work around, use different formats, but I was not able to without ruining the format of the NCAA. My best guess for the cause of the crash is that the NCAA D1 competition has over 200 teams in it, so the Club->Competitions tab is unable to deal with that. I can't say for sure, but that's my best guess.

36 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Yes, that's an old issue. I will update the opening post with a disclaimer. I have tried to work around, use different formats, but I was not able to without ruining the format of the NCAA. My best guess for the cause of the crash is that the NCAA D1 competition has over 200 teams in it, so the Club->Competitions tab is unable to deal with that. I can't say for sure, but that's my best guess.

Thanks for the quick response, I'm glad its not just something I'm doing wrong!!  Excellent work again with this update.

Some possible changes notes..

Bayamon & Bayamon B play in the Puerto Rican Soccer League on this file, which breaks any Puerto Rican files when used with it.

I'd recommend putting the B team in the Puerto Rican third division and switching their reps. (Changing Bayamon to 1800 & Bayamon B to 1000).

Also, i'm not sure Edmonton Reserves should have such high reputation. I'd also set them to use same kit in the affiliate settings.

Are Edmonton supposed to be set as the Canadian Premier League winners of 2016?

Edited by JAYMEETEE

4 hours ago, JAYMEETEE said:

Are Edmonton supposed to be set as the Canadian Premier League winners of 2016?

Those are good suggestions, I'll make those changes for a future update.

And yes, I couldn't get the Canadian Championship to run without setting a winner. It still all works correctly in-game, but the file wouldn't verify unless I picked someone. Let me know if you figure out a way to fix that.

1 hour ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Those are good suggestions, I'll make those changes for a future update.

And yes, I couldn't get the Canadian Championship to run without setting a winner. It still all works correctly in-game, but the file wouldn't verify unless I picked someone. Let me know if you figure out a way to fix that.

Changing them to winners of the 2018 Canadian Premier League seems to work. The game ignores it but the test uses it.

Edited by JAYMEETEE

@Uncle_Sam - does the Inter Miami franchise function the same as the other MLS teams. 

People used to say you couldn't add another team as the youth intake and academy set up wouldn't work correctly.

Would I be able to change Inter Miami to be another franchise? Would I just have to rename it just and change its city?

I am thinking of making a team in Detroit which would fit in as they would be in the Eastern Conference like Inter Miami

Edited by Anaconda Vice

41 minutes ago, Anaconda Vice said:

@Uncle_Sam - does the Inter Miami franchise function the same as the other MLS teams. 

People used to say you couldn't add another team as the youth intake and academy set up wouldn't work correctly.

Would I be able to change Inter Miami to be another franchise? Would I just have to rename it just and change its city?

I am thinking of making a team in Detroit which would fit in as they would be in the Eastern Conference like Inter Miami

Yea, the Academy for Inter Miami won't function as it should. One workaround that I've heard of but never tried because I've never played as Inter Miami is using the in-game editor to move players from the Academy directly to the parent team. I'm not sure if the contracts will be correct or not, but it's better than nothing.

The Canadian Championship doesn't seem to create the First Qualifying Round in the 2019 version.

I thought it was because of me trying to fix the verification issue without having a current holder of the Premier League, but it seems to be the case with the original downloaded file too. Is it the same on your tests?

canada.png

Edit: It could be because for Number of Teams under Stage 0 general is set to 4, when it should be 6. I'll run another test and get back to you.

Update: I'm wrong, it should be set to 4, but the stage is set up for 6. 4 teams added to round 0, 2 added to round 1.

The Semi Final also doesn't have the correct teams. Both winners of the first qualifying round go in to it rather than the one winner of the second, the fate action are wrong.

Also check requirements for each stage, one of them is wrong and doesn't start, can't remember which now.

Edited by JAYMEETEE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...