[Fm18] Remove the faded effect from the title bar and sidebar

PequenoGenio

16 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Well the sidebar graphic is within the download I provided but I'm not sure what is happening with yours or what has been done. It could even be the background image coming through, I don't know tbh... Have a play with graphic/ panel (sidebar menu panel) Do a bit of research on the sidebar if needed. See if there's any answers in the forum. 

I just open the image on paint and make it "more" red like you said. Saved in png.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, Sekularac said:

Guys do you know how to make the titlebar colour match up with the teams actual home colours (as in whats specified in the editor?)

red_replacement="primary" in the titlebar code in the generic folder. Mike has a guide in the sticky threads i think 

On 13/11/2017 at 20:17, D_LO_ said:

Deleted my previous comment as I got thrown off by a few things but actually it is what I originally stated. Make the titlebar graphic a solid red (and action bar graphic forgot that one).

For anyone interested in general the graphics are found:  

They will need extracting using the resource archiver though as ever and any changes need to be copied over to the equivalent location within your base/custom skin.

As I thought it was better I double check, I've done it anyway...  The below download needs extraction to: C:\Users\your name\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\skins\skin name\graphics\boxes\custom

(I'd recommend making the sidebar graphic a more solid red too, you can see below it's slightly off. 

interface.rar

Screenshot (402).png

worked but the sidebar still seems to have a gradient. Either way it's still much, much better, thanks:

Jdt0xNA.png

• 2 months later...

@D_LO_ Hi, thanks for the info again, but using the block coloured reg .png's throws the RGB values off for the title bar colour of other teams (i.e. doesn't match the editor).

I have tried changing the opacity of these images to 0 as well as change them to match the grey colour of the dark skin background.

Can you advise on how I could get the title bar to be a solid block colour displaying the correct RBG values corresponding to each team?

You will see in the screens I pasted below; Cagliari (squad screen) has a washed out blue which makes the red hard to read, whereas the Scouting screen showing Marco Sau the Cagliari colours are what I have set them to using the editor.

My goal is to achieve the title bar matching the exact RGB values set out in the data editor

*From looking at someone elses skin, I think I need the Generic Folder with the titlebar XML

Many thanks

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 20.36.46.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 20.36.59.png

@D_LO_; wow thanks mate, thats a lot of experimenting to do, much appreciated.

Im going to make an uneducated guess at it being to do with the saturation, as I've tried a couple of custom skins where the colours (title bar) did look more rich.

It just bothered me that either using the data editor (and starting a new save) or using the in-game editor failed to match up against what I was selecting as the RGB values.

If you have the in-game editor you will see whatI am talking about if for example you try and change Roma's kist to a darker red; it appears as though there are a limited number of colours the game represents for some reason.

Anyway, thanks again I will have a mess about.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 22.03.22.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 22.03.33.png

Oh wow, that really got my hopes up as it looked to be exactly what I was looking for; unfortunately this doesn't seem to be something easily resolved.

I'll need to start a new game with some colours changed to see if they work, but for my current save the in-game editor doesn't seem to be "speaking" correctly to whatever code in the game changes the kit colours to specific RGB values.

Again thanks for your time on this, its appreciated. If I mess about based on your advice and get it to play nice I'll post exactly which part I followed and what the issue is for anyone else who might have the same issue.

If you are wanting to change it for all teams, then the coding from the old FM16 mod above should still work - you'll just have to make the changes yourself instead of downloading the file.

If you are only wanting to change a couple of colours (though this method might work for all if you remove the other lines from the files) then have a look at this thread:

Archived