Sports Interactive Community
Clutterbrook

Please help my cursor moves on its own when i open fm18

Are you on a laptop or a desktop? If you're on a laptop, are you running with a mouse or the trackpad? 

If you are using a mouse, what make and model is it? Let us know, thanks. 

I do have the same issue. 

It is Logitech G502 with latest driver installed. Desktop PC. 

It happens sometimes straight from the beginning, sometimes I can play a while and then suddenly the cursor drags to the right top corner. 

If I rightclick (window mode) the automatic moving stops. However, as soon as I click in the window of FM2018 again, it starts moving once more. Full window setting does not help. 

19 hours ago, ExciterFl said:

I do have the same issue. 

It is Logitech G502 with latest driver installed. Desktop PC. 

It happens sometimes straight from the beginning, sometimes I can play a while and then suddenly the cursor drags to the right top corner. 

If I rightclick (window mode) the automatic moving stops. However, as soon as I click in the window of FM2018 again, it starts moving once more. Full window setting does not help. 

If you uninstall the drivers for it entirely, does it perform in the same way? 

Hi Neil,

I actually installed (updated) it when I firstly had the issue, however the logitech driver of my G502 does not help either. 

I wonder which mouse Clutterbrook is using, maybe we can nail it down from that perspective.

this is happening to me now always up and to the left.

i have a trackpad ACER

Soon as i reach loading screen it happens!

after about 10m trying to hit load game i got it but after loading same thing happens.

tried re-boot computer still the same

Edited by dave7867

i have two screens, if I manage to move my curser to the second screen and rightclick in there, the issue is gone. Once I go back to FM 2018 it is dragging up again to the right top corner. 

I deinstalled the windows 10 mouse driver

I switched off / deleted the 2nd screen from my config. 

I re-installed also the logitech G502 device

Nothing helps. Really annoying. I never had any issues with any product starting from CM1 onwards. 

only thing i did was load fm17 and play out final season.

wednesday night loaded game to start screen 4 or 5 times all with same issue up and to the left.

as above left game alone played 17 instead.

thursday morning day off tried again no problem shut down laptop and bed ,later on loaded again and no issue(apart from match)

there was a windows update but said issues happened before and after.

ok try something out the box,do an update of windows or clear steam cache and wait.....be patient it might take time to imploment

a few hours maybe.

lets see tried loading about 7pm tried twice and failed so turned off laptop and windows updated  tried again still failed.

then this morning  tried again and it worked.

no garantee but remember some updates dont kick in till very late 3am etc.(when your not on)

thats all i got and what i did

Hmm... I noticed the cursor continues moving to the top right even after I unplug the mouse, so it doesn't seem to be related to the mouse. It also persists in full screen mode. 

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

I believe I have isolated the problem, fingers crossed. I just remembered that I had installed an update to malwarebyte last night before the problem occurred. Sure enough, when I exited it today, the problem seems to have gone away.

3 hours ago, Felix Wilkie said:

Just to clarify, does this occur when on Windowed mode or Full screen? Or both?

Hi Felix,

does not matter, appears on both setups. Deinstalled my virusscanner (mcafee) based on input from the other guy here,,, does not help either. After nearly two weeks of release date I would expect a bit more help as I finally want to play the game. I also understand that I´m not the only one with the mouse issue. I´m tired of answering same questions which I have already replied previously. Sorry, just frustrated. 

We've ordered in a mouse which has been known to experience the problem so we can look into this further. It appears to be only happening with specific mice on specific setups, so for now we'd suggest trying to reconfigure the mouse or if at all possible, use a replacement one just for the time-being. When we have more news on this we'll let you know. Apologies you're encountering this issue with the game. 

Thanks. 

I have the same Problems since today -> just started after I started a new game..... and it only happens im Fm18. 

Neil I havent changed anything in my setup at all! just started my pc. 

Mouse is a Logitech G500s -> firmeware is up to date, I deinstalled the Windows Driver ect. ect. nothing seems to work. 

Hello,

I am now experiencing the same issue. Issue with logitek M150 wireless mouse and I bought Microsoft wireless 900 desktop mouse and same issue. Unistalling drivers etc does nothing. Please fix issue. Really enjoying FM18 but unble to play while the cursor is like this. From what I have read it seems once you have the bug there is no solution so some kind of hot fix must be required. please help.

thanks in advance

I had the same Problem.

It was not related to my mouse or FM2018, but to my gamepad (XBox One controller).

The right analog stick lets you move the mouse cursor in FM2018. It was miscalibrated and constantly send the input to move the cursor to the top right.

Fixing the gamepad (or unplugging it), fixed the problem.

Did you guys fix it? 
I had the same issue but i managed to find out that it was my controller that caused the problem. So after disconnecting the controller, its working fine again. Sorry if i am 2 months late :p

Cheers

As is mentioned above, it was the controller causing the issue. Unfortunately for now, we can only suggest unplugging said controller to help the issue of the cursor moving itself. 

On 24/06/2018 at 14:08, Coulson898989 said:

disable joypad fix the problem

Thanks for letting us know. 

For anyone who encounters this issue, please just follow the instructions below to resolve the problem:

I have had this issue with FM19.   The problem may be that you have a game controller connected to your machine and it may be lying in a position that causes it to send feedback to the computer.  For me it was a PC Xbox controller, stuck under my bin.  As soon as I plugged it out, problem solved.  Also one time I had two keyboards attached and on the one I had stored behind my monitor with lots of junk, the cursor keys and enter key were depressed and causing issues.   So anyway, check that you do not have a device connected that may be causing the issue. 

7 hours ago, antosarmy@gmail.com said:

I have had this issue with FM19.   The problem may be that you have a game controller connected to your machine and it may be lying in a position that causes it to send feedback to the computer.  For me it was a PC Xbox controller, stuck under my bin.  As soon as I plugged it out, problem solved.  Also one time I had two keyboards attached and on the one I had stored behind my monitor with lots of junk, the cursor keys and enter key were depressed and causing issues.   So anyway, check that you do not have a device connected that may be causing the issue. 

OK- thanks for the update