FM18: Leeds Utd - MOT

Davidcc

On 1/13/2018 at 23:07, JJSaxton said:

titlebadges.png

Corrupt Save File Restart...

Well after a FM18 malfunction and a corrupt save file, I finally brought myself to start again this evening. Decided to scrap the Homegrown / English only policy as it proved highly costly on my first attempt and the options you get upon promotion are extremely limited! I have however looked through the thread and signed a number of players that have been recommended here. Wasilewski was a freebie on 4k wages who I've actually made captain due to his 18 Leadership stat. And despite his elderly age he is still performing solidly with a 7.39 average rating.

Transfers_Mk2.png

I adapted / brought in players the best I could so that I can make use of the newest Knap tactic from the Tactic Sharing forum. Argus 343 Knap:

Highly recommend this tactic on the current ME. I'm having great results! I've not been able to create or find another Tactic that works aswell as this. The football that is played is brilliant to watch aswell with the 2 outside strikers getting plenty of assists and the wing backs constantly been in the opposition area when you have possession. Just to show how well it works please see this seasons fixtures:

Fixtures_mk2.png

The Cup match against Huddersfield was a particular highlight. Cant beat getting one over on them! I'm currently training Alioski to play the Poacher role which is the centre of the 3 forwards and even not accomplished he is smashing it (Joint top scorer in the division):

Alioski_Poacher.png

Pinamonti and Roofe haven't done half bad either both playing as Advanced Forwards. Pinamonti has been playing on the left and Roofe on the right.

Roofe_v_Pinamonti.png

Hopefully will be able to offload more players like Dallas/Klich/Saiz in January who don't fit into the formation as I will be building a squad around it.

How do i download that tactic? Looks great. Any help is appreciated. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what I did with the 70 million i was given. 

Fairly happy, feel as though i over paid for a few players but thats the way the window went. I quickly found that money and wages was not a problem, it was the lure of Leeds. No very high calibre players were remotely interested. But ey well.

signings prem 2.jpg

I'm really torn about cancelling Lasogga's loan... It will save a lot of money, but I doubt I can find one as good as Lasogga. I'm not a fan of loans without options to buy, but he looks like he can score for fun in the division. 

35 minutes ago, Gungner said:

I'm really torn about cancelling Lasogga's loan... It will save a lot of money, but I doubt I can find one as good as Lasogga. I'm not a fan of loans without options to buy, but he looks like he can score for fun in the division. 

Just terminate and play Roofe / Cibicki there.

Anyone else feel like defending is currently broken?  Either that or I can't setup a Tactic defensively.

1st Season back in the Premiership and I finished 6th which is ridiculous, as I said above I think defending is broken. I scored 87 goals in the League while conceding 60 goals!  Patrick Cutrone was the Premierships top scorer with 34 goals, he got me 41 in all competitions.

Update on January transfer window in the prem:

Untitled.thumb.png.eb7fe3e696c7de189180af1d84686202.png

Lincoln & Byram coming in for £3.2m & £1.6m respectively, Lincoln has had to be loaned out to get a work permit.  Saleh Gomaa going out for £10m, not bad for a £350k signing!

2019/2020 Summer Transfer window, lots of ins and outs:

Untitled1.thumb.png.327f7b7a2230a3007cdb5ca755081397.png

Ayling's got a fee agreed of £17.5m in January, didn't really want to sell Alioski but at 28/29 years old £30.5m was too good to turn down.

Over paid for Reece Oxford I think but want to get a British contingent running through the side!

Here's what I think is my best team with their backup player next to them:

GK: Wiedwald / Cucchietti
RB: Byram / Coyle
CB: Jansson / Oxford
CB: Chambers / Cooper
LB: Tierney / Gersbach
CM: Vieira / Thompson
CM: Delph / Philips
AMR: Sessegnon / Ludewig
AMC: Saiz / Waldschmidt
AML: Brandt / Svendsen
ST: Cutrone / Roofe

On 1/16/2018 at 19:02, Mrplufc4 said:

How do i download that tactic? Looks great. Any help is appreciated. 

Just click the link then first post there is the attacking version and control version of the tactic. I have only used the Control Version.

On 1/16/2018 at 13:30, klevy_92 said:

Who was the ins and outs of your staff?

I will screenshot this next time i go on the game.

I finally got through the pre-season, which was all wins. My transfers look like this:

IgOmIsD.png

Despite there being a month left of the window, I doubt there will be anymore business with only £2 mil for transfers and £13,5k for wages. I'm not bothered though, I'm very happy with my dealings. Javier Rumbo is a young 19-year old goalkeeper I was recommended by his agent, and after scouting him, I thought he was worth a shout at £700 a week. He's playing in the U23 squad and doing fairly well. 

titlebadges.png

Time to take on the Premier League...

Well the end came to a very successful and productive first season. We ended up running away with the League (manily down to the tactic working amazingly) setting new records for pretty much everything. We won the Championship, Carabao Cup and came runner up in the FA Cup losing 1-0 to Chelsea in the final.

Finishing_League_Position.png

Pretty much every position needed upgrading for the start of the Premier League season and suprisingly there was a number of players I wanted transfer listed. Managed to sign the following players who will hopefully be enough to keep us up:

Summer_Transfers.png

Was surprised that both Harry Maguire who was Transfer listed and Jack Whilshere a freebie joined the club. Harry Maguire I did half upfront and the rest in installments. The majority of the other players are relatively unknown but have been given great CA and PA ratings by the scouts and assistant manager so took a gamble on them. Andrea Pinamonti and Patrick Cutrones loans were also extended and future fees were added for them. I can now buy Pinamonti for £12 million at any point and Patrick Cutrone for £24 million so they will both be snapped up either in January if possible or next summer. Want to have these in my attack for many years to come and think they could be sold on for a large profit at some point in the save.

First game back in the Premiership was against Chelsea which I lost 2-1 but wasn't expecting much from it anyway. Time to start getting some points on the table.

Currently stage 4 of the qualification process for the Euro Cup. But hold a 4-0 first leg advantage over AIK.

Will report back in January...

I've just completed my second season, after my first ended up losing out in the play-offs.

A slow start to the season saw us slumped in mid-table through August and September, and my first real dressing room discontent. I managed to rally (most) of the team, and they subsequently went on a 15 game unbeaten game. This got us up in to the automatic promotion places, and we were in with a good chance of challenging for the Championship final.

Unfortunately, West Brom turned up with a derisory offer for star defender Pontus Jansson. I of course turned it down - he's my leader on the pitch, averaging a very healthy 7.25, but he then demanded a move. I tried to negotiate an acceptable price with him, but we couldn't agree on a figure, and he skulked off. This split the dressing room, and our morale took a real hit. Rather than have him sticking around and stinking up the place with his attitude, I opted to sell him to Palace who came in with an acceptable offer - the team then complained again that he'd been sold, but were talked round that I pointed out that his attitude was no good for the team.

His authority at the back was a big loss, and my defence was a lot dodgier in the second half of the season. I picked up David Costas from Celta Vigo for just over £1m as cover, who struggled to get to grips with the game, but my best bit of January business was bringing in Lewis Baker from Chelsea for £3.6m (he was valued at £8m, but transfer listed), averaged 7.25 over 19 starts, and notched 8 goals from midfield. Credit also to Pawel Cibicki who stepped up to partner Kemar Roofe, both players managed 20 league goals for the season.

Despite a run of frustrating draws as the season drew to a close, we managed to pip Fulham to 2nd place, taking the second automatic promotion spot. It went down to the final day of the season with us 1 point ahead - all was looking rosy when 4-2 up away to Cardiff with just 5 minutes of play left. My truly ropey defence managed to almost stuff it up, conceding twice in two minutes, before local Leeds lad Kalvin Phillips popped up with a late surge in to the box to make it 5-4 and confirm promotion at my second attempt.

Tables, fixtures, transfers and tactics used are below...

Season 2 - Final Table.jpg

Season 2 - Fixtures 1.jpg

Season 2 - Fixtures 2.jpg

Season 2 - Transfers.jpg

Season 2 - 352.jpg

Season 2 - 442 DIAMOND.jpg

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, macca72 said:

@Seb Wassell Seb, how’s Ideguchi shaping up for the update?

He already exists in our DB but is not extracted for licencing reasons. Now that he has moved to Leeds, and is out on loan at Leonesa, he will appear but in terms of CA/PA, attributes, etc. then this is not down to me at this time.

Another update on my Leeds save.

End of season 2020/21

Won the Euro Cup by beating Juventus 4-2 on Pens, which as you can imagine pleased the board and fans no end

Start of season 2021/22 and brought in :-

Thorgan Hazard - £5.5 million

Nahuel Leiva - Free

Andrea Pinamonti - £20 million

Rodrigo Bentancur - £9.75 million

Steven Jovetic - Free

Sold :-

Jack Stephans - £6.25 million

Kalvin Philips - £8 million

Bakkali - £7.5 million

So far I've played 8, won 6, drawn 2, lost 0 and sit top of the premier league with 20pts and a plus 14 GD

Champions Cup and I'm going great guns, sit top of my group having drawn 2-2 with Real Madrid away, and then a 3-0 win over Zenit at home and a 4 nil win over Galatasary (scum) at home too

Still got Jansson, Taylor, Byram, Alioski, Cook and Viera as the spine of my team....Cook is world class

Second Season back in the Prem, January transfer window I sold & signed:

Signed
Rob Holding - £850k
Will Hughes - £16.5m

Sold
Liam Cooper - £4m

Won the Carabao Cup and sneaked into 4th late on.

3rd Season back in the Prem - 2020/21 Pre-Season now and here's the signings:

Untitled.thumb.png.1dcd9b3ae27ce65c369e9b9dbeeb61f9.png

Best starting 11 and subs looking like below with Cucchietti, Jansson & Holding the others in the squad:

Untitled1.thumb.png.18378d0d2288fa79cd581cc38efd6110.png

Decision time... end of season 4 and just been offered the Bayern job with a transfer  budget of £161m and wage budget of £4.5m pw. 

Just won the FA cup and apart from qualifying for champs league twice my only other "success" was losing in another FA cup final and losing in UEFA cup final on pens.

Stay or go?

36 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

Decision time... end of season 4 and just been offered the Bayern job with a transfer  budget of £161m and wage budget of £4.5m pw. 

Just won the FA cup and apart from qualifying for champs league twice my only other "success" was losing in another FA cup final and losing in UEFA cup final on pens.

Stay or go?

Maybe both? Tactically, save your game so that you can come back to the Leeds save at some point. But I think I'd have a go with the Bayern job..

Hi all,

Decided to awaken the sleeping giant in Leeds. Won the Championshiop first season, second season brought the Carabao Cup, 3rd in the league and runners up in FA Cup. Squad is as follows

Gk -Hart, Wiedwald

Dcr - Holding, Cahill

Dc- Dunk, Jansson 

Dcl - Gibson, Konsa

Wbr - Rafael, Maitland Niles

Wbl - Shaw, Mings

Mc - Van Ginkel, Ward Prowse

Mc - Vieira, Phillips, Shaughnessy

Amc- Wilshire, Kuki, Rooney

St - Cutrone, Latauro Martinez

St - Brooks

Very happy with the squad. Holding came in for just under 8m while Shaw was listed at 4.2m. WIshire, Van Ginkel,Hart and Cahill all free. Cutrone  had a good season and a half loan so signed for 20m. Maitland Niles is beginning his 3rd season on loan. Brooks has been a revelation up front. Latauro Martinez also very good but he has 6 determination and it won't go up with tutoring. Any tips on where to improve? I really need a partner for Cutrone, preferably a quick advanced forward, any suggestions? In 19/20 season.

4 hours ago, Smoke_Up said:

Hi all,

Decided to awaken the sleeping giant in Leeds. Won the Championshiop first season, second season brought the Carabao Cup, 3rd in the league and runners up in FA Cup. Squad is as follows

Gk -Hart, Wiedwald

Dcr - Holding, Cahill

Dc- Dunk, Jansson 

Dcl - Gibson, Konsa

Wbr - Rafael, Maitland Niles

Wbl - Shaw, Mings

Mc - Van Ginkel, Ward Prowse

Mc - Vieira, Phillips, Shaughnessy

Amc- Wilshire, Kuki, Rooney

St - Cutrone, Latauro Martinez

St - Brooks

Very happy with the squad. Holding came in for just under 8m while Shaw was listed at 4.2m. WIshire, Van Ginkel,Hart and Cahill all free. Cutrone  had a good season and a half loan so signed for 20m. Maitland Niles is beginning his 3rd season on loan. Brooks has been a revelation up front. Latauro Martinez also very good but he has 6 determination and it won't go up with tutoring. Any tips on where to improve? I really need a partner for Cutrone, preferably a quick advanced forward, any suggestions? In 19/20 season.

Pinamonti (italian young player from inter milan) is decent on my game. Scores more goals for me than Cutrone.

On 13/2/2018 at 13:20, Coolio5 said:

Pinamonti (italian young player from inter milan) is decent on my game. Scores more goals for me than Cutrone.

Had a look at him, very impressive but he was on loan unfortunately. Brought in Dembele who was transfer listed for 9.75m

4th Season in, 3rd back in the Premiership and I won the League along with the FA Cup!

In January I managed to sign Martin Odegaard for £4.5m, was transfer listed.  He can't even get into the team at the moment.

Into my 5th Pre-Season now and here's my signings, also I released Delph on a free:

1.thumb.png.5d34b5312652628e4b77b00d561c7451.png

Stones was into his last year and they we're willing to let him go on the cheap.  Wasn't going to try signing him until Chelsea tried to and alerted me to his availability.

Best 11 below:

2.thumb.png.43d7a1c6b275bf5d29ff49fed993932f.png

My Backups are:

GK:  Tommaso Cucchietti
RB:  Lewie Coyle
CB:  Calum Chambers
CB:  Rob Holding
LB:  Alex Gersbach
CM:  Ronaldo Vieira
CM:  Will Hughes
RM:  Tobias Svendsen
AMC: Martin Odegaard
LM:  Ryan Sessegnon
ST:  (Lincoln to ST and Odegaard to AMC)

Morning all.

Quick one, I found a 24 year old Ghanaian who can play complete forward, instantly took me back to the days of Yeboah.

Richmond Boakye, playing at Red Star. He looks good, I’m starting a new quick save (can’t get him at the start) but if anyone else signs him let me know how he is.

Seen as I play FMT and for some unfathomable reason they don't release the updates at the same time, can anyone with full game post a few screenshots of the signed players?

Ideguchi, De Bock, Roberts and Forshaw of particular interest.

@Seb Wassell Any tweaks made to academy or U18 prospects in the update - given the influx of players and success since game start (particularly the U18's).  

Cheers.

20 hours ago, macca72 said:

Seen as I play FMT and for some unfathomable reason they don't release the updates at the same time, can anyone with full game post a few screenshots of the signed players?

Ideguchi, De Bock, Roberts and Forshaw of particular interest.

@Seb Wassell Any tweaks made to academy or U18 prospects in the update - given the influx of players and success since game start (particularly the U18's).  

Cheers.

Ideguchi:

JyqMgJc.png

De bock:

yivfxw0.png

Roberts:

8kuGUFd.png

Forshaw:

KJ9LHz0.png

Prospects:

ML9RJUf.png

FR4b8JJ.png

uUz36T7.png

07iLwuX.png

Thanks Welshace, that’s good of you.

They all look good, part from Ideguchi who looks absolutely terrible. He’s like a conference player. Do we know if he’s negative PA.

looking forward to developing Sarkic.

8 hours ago, macca72 said:

Thanks Welshace, that’s good of you.

They all look good, part from Ideguchi who looks absolutely terrible. He’s like a conference player. Do we know if he’s negative PA.

looking forward to developing Sarkic.

Yep, he does have a negative pa: 

Spoiler

-65 .. so not much hope there really i'm afraid.. just a case of him not being updated yet as he came from obscure league and leeds researcher had his hands tied

Looking forward to developing Roberts, Kun and Connor myself.. been a while since we had a fair few prospects.

I’m hoping next year might be a bit of a vintage year for youth in FM terms at Leeds.

Theres every chance the U18’s will win the league and there’s a case to make that players like Kitching, Pearce, Struijk should be ready to developers for the first team.

Ive said for a while that the academy is underrated in game, hopefully this is the start of it improving.

Not much of a poster but an avid reader.  Thought i'd share this.  Having qualified of the Europa via a 3rd place CL Group finish, it was Real Madrid in the final.  3-0 down after 14 mins and then 6-3 up at h/t.  Finished 8-3.  In all my years of playing I've never seen a game like it.  My team is decent but not world class!

Doc1.odt

I decided to leave Leeds at end of season 4 to join Bayern Munich. Jose’s Man U kept pipping me to the title, so I moved on and Brendan Rodgers replaced me. I had a good squad and he changed the formation and topped the table for most of the season and then in a very Leeds way, they ended up finishing 4th. In Germany I overhauled the squad, sold off some legends on mega wages (£250-300k per week) and ended up spending circa £350m with the cash raised. We won the league by miles, but got beat by Wolsberg in the cup (my fault for playing kids) and then Jose dumped me out of the CL quarter finals 3-2 on aggregate. A 2-0 loss at OT was the downfall and despite moving to Germany he is still haunting me!

The end of the season has arrived and Man City have just sacked their manager and offered me the job with a £236m kitty. They finished 8th and the squad looks ok, but not great. Saved the game to give me some thinking time! Real Madrid look very likely to sack their manager so I am tempted to hold out for them and a do a tour of the great clubs! Other option is i could stay at Bayern and try and win the CL. I have Neuer and Lewandowski to replace- both declining and very expensive squad players next season (both £250k pw).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Took over Leeds in 2022 when they had just been relegated (again) to the Championship. When I took them over, they had 5 outstanding youngsters (1ST, 1DC/DM, 1 AML, 1DM/ML and 1 GK) coming from the youth team as newgens. Over the next 3 years, every year via the newgen, at least 1 new future star made it through.

I managed to bring them back to the EPL as champions the following year and win the league cup. Following year, finished 4th (barely) in the EPL, won the league cup and the europa league cup. Main teams were City (winner of past 5 EPL), Chelsea (won the Champions league) and Liverpool. Spurs and United disintegrated despite some outstanding players in their ranks. Following year, I finished 2nd in the EPL and got through to 1/4 final of the Champion's League (lost to PSG 6-2 on agg). WOn the league cup again. My final year, I won the EPL with 1 point to spare on Arsenal and City... I did not make it past 1/4 again in Champion's league. Won my third league cup in a row.

Leeds were taken over by a tycoon (Greek name) when i was promoted back to the EPL. He did not inject any money but kept what had been given by previous owner. I left as he refused to expand or build a new stadium and the players were all starting to want salaries which were making the club lose money on a monthly basis.  

It was a good few years. Now i'm off to Spurs to bring them back after they were nearly relegated... 

• 1 month later...

Leeds has always been my favorite in this game since 2011

So, I decided to start a new game. Managed to win the championship by 5 points with Wolves second

After 7 games in the premier league, I have 11 points and ranked 8th

My line up is:

GK: D.Livakovic, F.Wiedwald, B.Farrell

DR: S.Byram, L.Ayling

DC: P.Jansson, D.Maresic, J.Amat, L.Cooper

DL: R.Durmisi, L.De Boeck

DM: S.Samper, M.Llorente

MC (BBM): N.Barella, R.Vieira, A.Forshaw

MC (AP): S.Saiz, E.Hestad

AMR: V.Weiss, A.Hallilovic, S.Dallas

AML: D.Cheryshev, E.Allioski, K.Roofe

ST: B.Mayoral, S.Wagner, T.Roberts, Thalles

Jansson won championship player of the year. Maresic won young player of the season, I bought him for 4 mil and my assistant rates his potential to 4.5

Top performers are Maresic, Samper and Weiss

Any ideas to improve the squad???

• 5 weeks later...

So in my save, Leeds were relegated to league 1 after the first season, and had been completely run into the ground! Over 100k in debt on wages. And a transfer budget of 75k. I took them over for the challenge, and boy is it one! Had to sell most of the squad as they were unhappy and their wages were ridiculous. Managed to keep a few star names - Jansonn, Saiz and Roofe. Made nearly 40 million in player sales and still only have a transfer budget of £1million. Anyone had Leeds go so much into debt in their game?

On 11/07/2018 at 18:01, sherifelgendy87 said:

Leeds has always been my favorite in this game since 2011

So, I decided to start a new game. Managed to win the championship by 5 points with Wolves second

After 7 games in the premier league, I have 11 points and ranked 8th

My line up is:

GK: D.Livakovic, F.Wiedwald, B.Farrell

DR: S.Byram, L.Ayling

DC: P.Jansson, D.Maresic, J.Amat, L.Cooper

DL: R.Durmisi, L.De Boeck

DM: S.Samper, M.Llorente

MC (BBM): N.Barella, R.Vieira, A.Forshaw

MC (AP): S.Saiz, E.Hestad

AMR: V.Weiss, A.Hallilovic, S.Dallas

AML: D.Cheryshev, E.Allioski, K.Roofe

ST: B.Mayoral, S.Wagner, T.Roberts, Thalles

Jansson won championship player of the year. Maresic won young player of the season, I bought him for 4 mil and my assistant rates his potential to 4.5

Top performers are Maresic, Samper and Weiss

Any ideas to improve the squad???

Dont know a few of your team but RB.

Depends on the style Viera never developed as anything other than DLP d in DM strrata.for me so a b2b cover..

Lots of high potential in your team so invest in coaching and facilites rather than specifically the players!

Evening all

Thought i'd do a home nations save as my last for FM18.  Formation is a Bielsa inspired 4141 based on Knaps tactics - (well as close as you can get it)

Won the league easy in season 1 and have just started the clear out / replacement with HN players.  So far have the following squad.

GK - Danny Ward, BPF

RB - Lewie Coyle, Luke Ayling

LB - Charlie Taylor, Sam McQueen

CB - Pontus, Jack Stephens & Liam Cooper

DM - Forshaw, Vieira

MEZ - Will Hughes, Jordan Robinson (Regen on first youth intake, looks incredible)

BBM - Forshaw, Phillips, Vieira

LM - Jack Harrison, Ryan Sessegnon

RM - Sancho (2 year loan), Rhian Brewster (2 year loan)

ST - Dom Solanke (2 year loan), Roofe, Roberts

So the only non HN flags on my squad list are...

Vieira - Showing as Portugese, but I hope he gets declared for England or he'll have to go

Pablo - On his way out as we speak

Saiz - Gone on loan to Newcastle with a £14m future fee

Pontus - Staying for a while or until I can get a top class DC, someone like Burke at West Ham

Alioski went for £20m in Jan during 1st season which allowed me to get Sessegnon in.  I've ballsed up with Brewster mind you, I put him on a 2 year loan with a really low option to buy but he won't sign for me, so I'm stuck with a loan space used up that I could have used to get Foden, Burke or someone else.  Can't cancel it either.

No idea if this side is good enough to survive in the prem, but we'll see.

• 2 months later...

I started this FM18 thread and quite happy to start the FM19 one as well. I will probably wait until after the full version of the game is released though

If anyone else wants to dive in earlier than that then please do so

Archived