Player ratings bug

I'm really disappointed to find that the player ratings bug hasn't been fixed. I just played a game where I hauled off my RB at half-time for receiving a match rating of 4. When I read the post-match report of the game, I looked at the final match ratings and the same RB had been awarded a match rating of 7. My RB somehow managed to get a 7/10 for sitting on the bench for the entire 2nd half.

This was a big problem for me in FMM 2017 - so much so that I really banged a heavy drum over this. I use the match ratings to determine team selection, training and contract renewals / transfers. I also use the match rating to help guide me when deciding to discipline a player or not. In FMM 2018, we now have the additional feature, “Team of the Week”. If the player match ratings aren’t accurate then I'm not sure this feature will be very useful.

I'm hoping this issue can be fixed with an update. I recall @Alari Naylor saying that longer-term improvements were being worked on. Have they been included in FMM 2018?

This is how I reported it for FMM 2017.

Take a look at this screenshot.

I hammer Chicago 8-0 and the worst rating a Chicago team player recieves is a 6. Most receive a 7. At half time their ratings were around the 3 and 4 mark. At 90 minutes nearly everyone's rating increases to a 7. I can't think of an example where a team would average 7/10 after an 8-0 hammering.

Something is up with the player ratings. I hope this can be fixed in an update. Player performance is a very significant factor in FMM 2018.

Screenshot_20171114-092151.png

• 1 month later...
On 17/11/2017 at 12:38, Alistair Gempf said:

Sorry, we've had a busy time, apologies for not replying. We've looked into this and found the cause of the problem. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Was this bug resolved in the last update or is it still to be rolled out in a future update? A player of mine just had a shocker of a game. His match rating was 4 and so I substituted him. I then checked the match report and saw that he had been given a match rating of 7.

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Was this bug resolved in the last update or is it still to be rolled out in a future update? A player of mine just had a shocker of a game. His match rating was 4 and so I substituted him. I then checked the match report and saw that he had been given a match rating of 7.

A further fix should come in 9.1

Just had a player sent off on the 23rd minute and he was awarded a match rating of 6. I'm assuming this was his match rating up until his game ended. Can we change this so that any player who receives a straight red card either gets a low rating of anywhere between 1-4 or has 3-4 points deducted from their match rating up until their sending off. This player was heavily responsible for my 3-0 defeat yet I don't think the match rating reflects this.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived