Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

FM and Core Support

Hi

Thought I could raise this here - as I don't really know where else to put it. It's a technical question - and I mainly post in the New Laptop section - and I get a lot of questions about FM and core support. 

So I guess this is where this comes from. What's the official line on FM and core support. I found several posts which suggests it uses as many cores that are available. 

But exactly how is it working in terms of core usage?

I guess the final part of this query is - what processor is the best out there for FM - is it better to get a quad core i7-7700K - which is at 4.2ghz 

Or would a 3.2ghz hex core, or 8 core Xeon processor be better overall - even though it's a slower processor. 

Most of the time - given people's budgets it is resting around the i5 or i7 - 6770hq or the 7700hq - which is fine.

But every now and then there's the query in the upper range of budgets of £1000.

It would be great to know SI's thoughts on this in regards core usage and what's best - that way I can offer better advice.

Hi, Smurf

SI are rarely present in this forum so I would suggest that you send a PM to either Neil Brock, Lucas Wetherby or Felix Wilkie who are all on the technical side and they should be able to advise.  Please let me know as well

Hi Fraz T

Thanks for getting back to me - I've sent a PM.

Kind regards
Smurf

Sign in to follow this