[FM18] Australian Regional Leagues + New Asian Qualfiers

leaguestructure.thumb.jpg.1e91294801543a5c0905fbf7aa3c524b.jpg

A new take on the Australian football pyramid, with two major leagues and eight regional divisions.

LEAGUES
Hyundai A-League - 18 teams
ACL & AFC Cup Qualification added with the AFC file available. It's not perfect.
Bottom 2 relegated and a third to join via a relegation playoff

Qantas A-League 2 - 18 teams
Top 2 promoted automatically, playoffs for 3-6
Bottom 3 relegated and a fourth to join via a relegation playoff

nab State Premier Leagues - teams are relegated to their respective Championship League

• NSW Premier League - 18 teams (NSW & ACT)
  • Southern Premier League - 18 teams (Victoria & Tasmania)
  • Central-West Premier League - 18 teams (SA, WA & NT)
  • Northern Premier League - 16 teams (Queensland)

nab State Championships- teams are promoted to their respective Premier League

• NSW Championship - 18 teams
  • Southern Championship - 18 teams
  • Central-West Championship - 18 teams
  • Northern Championship - 16 teams

CUPS
FFA Cup - 480 teams from all over the Australian football landscape

nab Cup - all teams from A-League to the State Championships

Warren Murray Cup - A-League Champions vs FFA Cup Champions

EA Sports Challenge - 8 champions from State PL & State Championships

OTHER TIDBITS
A couple teams have come back (Gold Coast United, Northern Spirit) and I've created some new ones (Alice Springs, Darwin City, Joondalup FC)

I've tried to create as many derbies as I could, though there's still a lot to be added though

The population of Australia has exploded and people love football (it's very much fantasy.) I've increased the attendances for all teams.

I've given some of the lower league teams a background sugar daddy to help try and speed up the competitiveness. Not sure how this eventuates.

A couple of teams have boosted youth development scores to help build Australia up.

Also included below are Continental Rules. New AFC Champions League and AFC Cup. The main reason for this was wanting an extra bit of incentive for teams in the A-League, with AFC Cup Qualification. This is still not perfect and might be some bugs. You can play the Australian Leagues without using this file.

All teams have a reserve side (wanted a youth one but no way to allow over-age players)

KNOWN ISSUES

The relegation from A-League 2 to the regional leagues is not perfect. I haven't mastered the advanced editor enough to get them to fall where they should

I've made logos for the leagues but can't work out how to change the colours to match.

----------

I would appreciate anyone who gives this a go to give me feedback, it's definitely not perfect and, whilst I've simulated 5 seasons a few times to check, the might be things which turn out very strange. I'm just about to embark on my first real game using this DB.

DOWNLOAD:
Steam Workshop
Asian Continental Rules

Edited by tommysvr
Updates

1 hour ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

fantastic mate as a local aussie this is great. How did you choose the league names? 

Any chance if you know if Ipswich Knights are in there? I seen alot of other local clubs but not mine!

Cheers! Names were mostly random...just using real life FFA sponsors really.

Just had a look and Ipswich are a non-league side, but you could easily swap them with another team in one of the leagues if you load this in the editor yourself.

8 hours ago, tommysvr said:

Cheers! Names were mostly random...just using real life FFA sponsors really.

Just had a look and Ipswich are a non-league side, but you could easily swap them with another team in one of the leagues if you load this in the editor yourself.

ok cool jsut odd cause we are in the new third level of australian football the QPL. There are some clubs in there like north pine who are two divs below us haha

8 hours ago, Kosmos said:

It's something I can check when I get home, but have you done any editing to allow Wellington into any of the continental competitions? Regardless, I'll look forward to giving this a whirl later. Cheers!

To be honest, I'm not sure! The new continental rules and their setting in the editor mean they should be able to, but in my tests they've never made it. Hope you enjoy it!

3 hours ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

ok cool jsut odd cause we are in the new third level of australian football the QPL. There are some clubs in there like north pine who are two divs below us haha

Yeah, some of the lower teams were completely random based on location+reputation. I've just updated the DB download in the first post, which now includes Ipswich in the Westfield League, including a fiery Ipswich Derby against Western Pride.

6 hours ago, tommysvr said:

Yeah, some of the lower teams were completely random based on location+reputation. I've just updated the DB download in the first post, which now includes Ipswich in the Westfield League, including a fiery Ipswich Derby against Western Pride.

fantastic sounds good to me

17 hours ago, tommysvr said:

No wage limit in my version, and each leg is set to a maximum of 5 foreigners (the lower leagues have slightly more)

Thanks alot, good thing about the wage limit ;). 5 Foreigners is more than enough to develop homegrown players ;).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @tommysvr absolutely love your database.

I just have a question... I've been trying to put New Zealand Knights in the database and leave an other team out of the database... but when I do so in the editor the file got corrupted and it is now uplayeble.. (I even can't re-subscribe the file in Steam..)

Could you please help me putting NZK in the database?

Without any players offcourse. Want to start of with empty club ;) Doesn't matter if its in the A-league or A-league 2.

Thank you in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Loving this league set up! into year 2 now!

I can't for the life of me download the logos from steam. Tried going into downloads with fm but they dont seem to download after i hit "scan for graphics"

Any chance you could upload the graphics to something? how big are the files?

Cheers!

On 02/02/2018 at 17:50, arch said:

Loving this league set up! into year 2 now!

I can't for the life of me download the logos from steam. Tried going into downloads with fm but they dont seem to download after i hit "scan for graphics"

Any chance you could upload the graphics to something? how big are the files?

Cheers!

Glad you like it!

Here's the graphics - hopefully all works. Let me know if theres any issues.

aleague-graphics.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...