Hey everyone, I got around to making an account here so I wanted to share a project that just began and will be going live on Strikerless shortly. 

I've spent the last two days in a complete rush getting editor data created and building an all-new website to track crowdsourced experiments for FM18. I've just put the finishing touches on it, enabling HTTPS on the website and verifying the editor data works on Steam Workshop. Now everything's ready, or at least far enough along, that I can bring it to you guys. I asked for suggestions on experiments on Reddit a couple of days ago. The editor base is loaded up and I'll be able to begin building the Workshop files for some of them now, but I want to go ahead and get started with what will be one of the major projects for this year.

Major League Statistics 2018

Steam Workshop Link

The idea is straightforward enough. 36 identical teams, from the payroll to coaching to each individual player. Each player has all their stats set to 10, except for one team-specific stat which is set to 20. We simulate the league for one season, and collect some information at the end.

If you'd like to contribute to this experiment, please do the following:
1. Subscribe to the Steam Workshop Link above.
2. Start a new unemployed career with the above file loaded, and begin a new game in Bermuda with the Test League. I'd recommend unloading all other leagues to make it run faster. Save immediately.
3. Go on holiday until May 13th, 2018.
4. Go to the Bearpuncher Labs experiment page.
5. Punch in your results on the submission form, as much or as little as you care to do. A few complete sets of data is more valuable than many league-table-only submissions, but anything is appreciated.
6. Reload the save and repeat steps 3-5.
If you have any questions or notice anything about the site just comment here. Registration on the site is optional but I'll give you a shout-out in the articles if you register.

The second experiment is almost ready for reveal as well, and I believe the results will make apparent a bug that has existed in the engine for at least two years.

Archived