It's Our Year! Again.....

salkster2102

Notes: Being played with FM18 with England, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Scotland and Wales loaded.

Monday 26th June 2017               

Salkeld replaces the sectioned Klopp

After Jurgen Klopp pleaded guilty to insanity and being binned off to the local asylum Liverpool today have named former player Martin Salkeld as their new manager. The ex-Liverpool player was part of the 2005 miracle Champions League win and will be looking to get the club back to its glory days. Here is the squad I have been left to try and do this with.

Goalkeepers:

Simon Mignolet – A good shot stopper but his distribution and command of area prevent him from being a top goalie. Will be given a chance for a season and likely be shipped off after.

Loris Karius – At 24 age is on his side to be a decent keeper but will have to settle for being number 2. A good option to have as backup though.

Defenders:

Nathaniel Clyne – Defensively a great right back but not very good going forward. Out injured for 6 months with a damaged spine. Probably from carrying the defence last season.

Joe Gomez – At 20 he has lots of time to progress but will likely only be a bit part player this season.

Trent Alexander Arnold – Showed plenty of promise last season and will be given plenty of chances this season. Excellent going forward for a defender.

Joel Matip – Proved a bargain as a free transfer last summer. Will need to step up even further if the club is to carry on progressing.

Dejan Lovren – Rumoured that why he was playing last season is why Klopp was charged with insanity. At £100k a week will need to prove he is worth it.

Ragnar Klavan – A good backup option and provides plenty of experience at 31.

Alberto Moreno – His pace gets him out of some troubles but not always. Will do for this season but don’t expect to keep him long.

Andrew Robertson – Recently signed from Hull and a good option. Will be given chances.

Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson – The captain who never stops running. Not the best at going forward but has a good engine in midfield.

James Milner – Filled in at left back last season but will likely be in midfield this season. His versatility will be useful.

Emre Can – Seems like he has been around for a long time even though he is only 23. A strong midfielder and will be looking to extend his contract before it runs out next summer.

Georginio Wijnaldum – He’s ok not brilliant but he will do as a backup. Lack of goals from him is a concern.

Marko Grujic – Only 21 and not had much chance to prove himself yet. Will likely be playing the cups.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – Another one of the reasons Klopp was charged with insanity. His £35M price tag will mean he has a lot to prove.

Adam Lallana – A very likeable player that has improved a lot over the past few years. Out injured though for 5 months with a torn thigh muscle. A shame.

Phillipe Coutinho – Once again turning down £120M for him helped move Klopp to the asylum. Very grateful to have him though who can be unplayable on his day. Probably our best player.

Lazar Markovic – Signed with a lot of promise a few years ago but has spent most of it out on loan. Will be looking to ship him out.

Sadio Mané – His explosive pace is damn right filth compared to the defenders he has to play against. Will be a key player.

Mohamed Salah – Another one who is just too fast to be believed. A point to prove after his stint at Chelsea.

Strikers

Roberto Firmino – Doesn’t quite score enough goals to be considered a top forward but his work rate troubles defenders. Will need to score a lot this season if I am to keep him.

Daniel Sturridge – Spends more time on the bed than the local hooker. Good striking instincts but his fitness remains to be seen. Is currently injured with a pulled thigh and will be out for at least 6 weeks.

Danny Ings – Showed promise at Burnley but injuries have prevented him becoming the player he could have been. Will try and sell to make funds.

Dominic Solanke – Showed promise at the U20 World Cup and a potential good striker. Will be given a few chances in the cups.

Ben Woodburn – A 17 year old striker who is the clubs youngest ever scorer thanks to his debut goal against Leeds last season. Will be looking to give him a few games.

The board have set me the following targets:

Premier League – Top 4

FA Cup – Reach Final

Carabaro Cup – Not bothered (Who is?)

Champions League – Quarter Finals

To do this they have given me a transfer budget of £75M.

Wednesday 28th June 2017

After finally answering all the journalists’ petty questions I got down to business with my squad. After making reserve player Jon Flanagan available for loan, Bournemouth made an £11.5M offer which I accepted. Stoke and Wolves came in with loan bids which were also accepted. Hopefully he will take the transfer. Markovic and Ings were also offered out for £13M and £15M respectively also.

Thursday 29th June 2017

To my surprise bids came in immediately for Ings. West Brom and Stoke both had bids of £12M and £15M accepted whilst Swasea tried to be cheap skates and had a bid of £9M rejected.

Saturday 1st July 2017

Zenit have come in with a bid of £2.4M for Adam Bogdan which I eagerly accepted. Another one to get off the wage book. The deal was completed the next day.

Monday 3rd July 2017

Today I met the players for the first time after their holidays. The players seemed happy with my appointment and agreed that a top 4 finish was realistic. No one seemed to want to buy Markovic but Huddersfield came in with a loan offer to buy him later for £9.75M if he plays 20 games. Reluctantly I accepted this offer.

Wednesday 5th July 2017

Flanagan thankfully accepted the offer from Bournemouth and left with my good wishes. £11.5M for a player I didn’t plan on using is good business. Henderson didn’t seem happy that he was going but I quickly put him at ease that Alexander-Arnold would be getting plenty of game time. Danny Ings also left for West Brom for £12M.

Friday 7th July 2017

Huddersfield again came with a loan offer for one of my players. This time it was Joe Gomez which was refused as I see his versatility being useful. I’ve also made my first bids as a manager with 2 raids at Ajax. First a £11.5M offer for 17 year old centre back Matthijs De Ligt which was accepted. Also a £23.5M bid was made for 19 year old Kasper Dolberg. We played our first friendly of the summer at Hajduk Split which ended in a 3-0 victory to us. Goals coming from Lovren, Coutinho and Firmino and then Karius saving a last minute penalty. Unfortunately Mané pulled his hamstring and will be out for 4-5 weeks. Markovic finally completed his loan move to Huddersfield getting him off my wage book.

Thank you old friend it must be about ten years since I last did a story! As for the latter you can always hope :) A lengthy update this one as I want to get pre-season out of the way.

Sunday 11th July 2017

Before our next friendly away at Glenavon my bid for Ajax’s Dolberg was accepted. I also made a £35.5M for Barcelona’s Sergi Roberto who were forced to accept as they clearly hadn’t learnt from the Neymar deal. Our friendly ended up with is winning 6-0 thanks to goals from Wijnaldum, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain and a hat trick from Salah.

Thursday 15th July 2017

My first signing today was completed when Mathijs De Ligt signed a 3 year contract from Ajax. Our third friendly was against Calcio Catania which ended up with us winning 4-0. Goals coming from Coutinho, Firmino, Lovren and Solanke.

Saturday 17th July 2017

Sergi Roberto became my 2nd signing of the summer at club record £35.5M. His playmaking attributes and his ability to cover at right back will be invaluable to me this season. Kasper Dolberg also completed his transfer to us at £23.5M with the potential to rise to £30M.

Tuesday 20th July 2017

Our next friendly was against RU Saint-Gilloise which ended in a 1-0 win thanks to a goal by new signing Dolberg. We now go into 2 week training camp before our next friendly against Udinese and then finally AC Milan before the season starts at home to Leicester.

Saturday 29th July 2017

Today we announced our squad numbers and I handed the number 4 once worn by my old buddy Sami Hypia to new signing Matthijs De Ligt. The bookies have released the odds for the forthcoming Premier League season and have named us 4th favourites at 9-2. The favourites are Man City followed by Man Utd and Chelsea.

Friday 4th August 2017

The Champions League Best Placed Playoff draw was made ahead of our next friendly with Udinese. We have been drawn with Budesliga side Hoffenheim. The first leg will be at home on Tuesday 15th August 2017. Our penultimate friendly with Udinese ended with a 3-1 win thanks to goals from Wijnaldum, Salah and an own goal. Milner has twisted his ankle and will be out for 3-6 weeks.

Monday 7th August 2017

Our final friendly was at home to AC Milan who put in a loan bid for Marko Grujic before the game. The offer was accepted as I felt we have enough cover and the game time will do him good. I had to decide on who my captain and vice-captain will be this season and have decided to stick with Henderson and Milner. The match with Milan ended with a 1-0 defeat thanks to a goal from former Liverpool man Fabio Borini. New signing Dolberg has sprained his ankle ligaments as well which will put him out for 2-4 weeks. We are starting to look rather bare up front as Firmino and Solanke are the only fit forwards.

Wednesday 8th August 2017

Marko Grujic has decided to reject the loan offer with AC Milan and fight for his place here ahead of the new season..

Saturday 12th August 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 1

Leicester City (H)

My first game in management saw us struggling to break down Leicester’s 4-5-1 formation. Moreno came close with a low drive at the near post that was well saved by Schmeichel. Wijnaldum has a long ranged curling effort comfortably saved and then Firmino had a weak header palmed away. We got the breakthrough we deserved just before half time when Henderson teed up Wijnaldum on the edge of the box who then hit a fierce shot past Schemeichel.

Half Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 Leicester City

Our lead should have been doubled soon after the break when a well worked move finished with Firmino hitting the post when he should have scored. The Brazilian didn’t miss a few minutes later though after another well worked move. Henderson found Salah in a pocket of space on the right hand side and the Egyptian put in an excellent cross for Firmino to volley in. Leicester finally threatened on the hour mark when Mahrez sent a long ball through to Vardy but the former Stocksbridge man could only shoot over. Mahrez should have pulled one back on the 65th minute when he was put clean through on goal by Vardy but he could only put it wide. Firmino should have doubled his tally straight after but could only shoot at the keeper from Mané’s cross. A comfortable win in the end which could have been more.

Full Time – Liverpool 2 – 0 Leicester City

Wijnaldum 45, Firmino 53

Lineup (4-3-3) - Mignolet, Roberto, Moreno, Matip, De Ligt, Can (63), Henderson, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah (63), Firmino (72)

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold (63), Lovren, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mané (63), Solanke (72)

Other Results:

Man Utd 1 – 2 Chelsea

Burnley 0 – 3 Arsenal

Everton 2 – 0 Huddersfield

Tottenham 2 – 1 Bournemouth

West Ham 1 – 1 West Brom

Sunday 13th August 2017:

Southmapton 2 – 0 Brighton

Man City 2 – 0 Swansea

Monday 14th August 2017

Crystal Palace 2 – 1 Stoke

Tuesday 15th August 2017

Daniel Sturridge has returned to training after missing pre-season with a thigh injury.

Uefa Champions League Best Placed Playoff First Leg

Hoffenheim (H)

2 changes were made from the weekend with Karius coming in as the Championes League keeper and Lovren’s experience coming in for De Ligt. A disastrous start saw us giving an early away goal in the 7th minute when Kramaric beat Karius from the edge of the area via the post. A big blow was then given to us when Coutinho had to come off injured. We turned the pressure up from there with Firmino and Salah coming close with near post efforts. Our pressure was finally rewarded on the 34th minute after a neat team move. It seemed like we kept the ball for a good few minutes until Mané and Moreno combined on the left hand side. Mané did well to cut inside the box and set up Henderson who volleyed home in front of the Kop. We were the much better team and deservedly took the lead just before half time. A quick counter started by Mané fed the ball to Firmino who looked up and saw Henderson following with him. The captain fed Salah rushing down the wing and put in a great cross for Firmino to head in at the back stick. Hoffenheim switched off once the three added minutes had been played as the captain gave us a two goal cushion. Moreno put in a low cross that found Salah drifting in. The winger unselfishly set up Henderson for an easy finish just before the break.

Half Time – Liverpool 3 – 1 Hoffenheim

Firmino should have got his second just after the break when Roberto did well to find him fron the right flank but the Brazilian could only shoot at the keeper from 8 yards out. Karius then did well to keep out Kramaric at the near post to preserve our 2 goal cushion. We had a couple of long range efforts from Henderson and Mané but were well off target. Both sides seemed content with the score so our return to the Champions League finished with another comfortable win.

Full Time – Liverpool 3 – 1 Hoffenheim

Henderson 34, 45+4, Firmino 44, Kramaric 8

Lineup (4-3-3) - Karius, Roberto, Moreno, Matip, Lovren, Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum (66), Coutinho (28), Salah (71), Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold (66), De Ligt, Oxlade Chamberlain (71), Mané (28), Woodburn

Coutinho will be out for 5-6 days after twisting his knee against Hoffenheim.

A good result but we have to follow it up in the second leg

Saturday 19th August

Barclays Premier League – Match 2

Chelsea (A)

A few changes from midweek with one of them being forced in Coutinho. It took twenty minutes for the first meaningful shot on goal when Fabregas played a neat ball through for Morata but he only shot straight at Mignolet. We really were struggling to get forward and had to than Mignolet again denying Azpilicueta this time.

Half Time – Chelsea 0 – 0 Liverpool

Chelsea should have took the lead when one of our counters was intercepted and found it’s way to Hazard but the Belgian could only fire wide. Chelsea took a deserved lead on 68 minutes when once again our counter was intercepted and found Hazard in space on the left. The winger played a perfect through ball for Pedro to race onto and slot past Mignolet. We never ever got going and finished the match without even a shot on target.

Full Time – Chelsea 1 – 0 Liverpool

Pedro 50

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Roberto, Moreno, Matip, De Ligt (71), Can (71), Henderson, Wijnaldum, Mané, Salah, Firmino (64)

Subs: Karius, Gomez (71), Alexander-Arnold (71), Lovren, Grujic, Oxlade-Chamberlain (64), Solanke

Other Results:

Bournemouth 4 – 3 Burnley

Brighton 1 – 1 Newcastle

Huddersfield 1 – 5 Man City

Leicester 0 – 1 Southampton

Stoke 0 – 0 Man Utd

Swansea 1 – 3 Crystal Palace

Watford 0 – 3 Tottenham

Arsenal 2 – 2 West Ham

Sunday 20th August 2017

West Brom 1 – 0 Everton

Wednesday 23rd August 2017

Milner and Coutinho have both recovered from injuries from their respective matches.

Uefa Champions League Best placed Playoff Second Leg

Hoffenhem (A) – Liverpool lead 3-1 on aggregate

I decided to do some rotation for this match and save some players for the match against Stoke at the weekend. We had an early chance when Coutinho found Roberto in space who found Salah but he couldn’t beat the keeper. Firmino was then denied brilliantly after as well with a close range volley from Roberto’s cross. Firmino had another good chance on the twenty minute mark when he was one on one with the keeper but shot straight at him when he should have scored.

Half Time – Hoffenheim 0 – 0 Liverpool

The hosts had a goal disallowed straight after half time after a training ground set piece found Passlack at the far post but he was offside. Both sides were struggling to create clear chances with our only real efforts being from range. The tie became over with ten minutes to go after the most interesting few minutes of the match. Hoffenheim were reduced to ten men when Zuber received his second yellow after preventing Salah from starting a counter. Then we finally took the lead when Mané sent a long ball to Salah who in turn sent a first time through ball to Woodburn. The 17 year old put on a burst of pace and rocketed the ball into the roof of the net.

Full Time – Hoffenheim 0 – 1 Liverpool

Woodburn 81

Liverpool win 4-1 on aggregate

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Lovren, Robertson (64), Henderson, Roberto, Wijnaldum, Coutinho (64), Salah, Firmino (71)

Subs: Mignolet, Klavan, Moreno (64), Can, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mané (64), Woodburn (71)

Thursday 24th August 2017

We have been drawn at home to Barnsley in the Carabao Cup 3rd Round.

The draw for the Uefa Champions League Group Stage has been drawn and we have been drawn with Barcelona, Shakhtar Donetsk and RP Leipzig.

Saturday 26th August 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 3

Stoke (H)

With Stoke coming to Anfield playing a 5-4-1 formation, chances looked like they would be at a premium. So I was delighted when we got the opening goal within the first few minutes of the match. Coutinho showed his class cutting in from the flank and played an inch perfect pass for Salah to score his first for the club. To my astonishment we scored again a minute later. Salah saw his shot well saved by Butland who tried to tip it around for a corner. Firmino stopped it going out of play  and played in Coutinho for a tap in at the far post. Stoke managed to keep us at bay after that but were punished again on the half hour mark by Firmino. Henderson found the Brazilian on the edge of the area who was allowed space to turn and strike the ball into the top corner. Choupo-Moting almost pulled one back for Stoke but was denied well by Mignolet. Just before half time we got a fourth goal when Coutinho found space on the left and crossed into Firmino to head inat the near post.

Half Time – Liverpool 4 – 0 Stoke

If Stoke thought it couldn’t get worse from there they were wrong. Five minutes after the break we got a 5th as Wijnaldum and Firmino led a counter attack. The Dutchman sent the Brazilian away down the right who returned the favour with a cross that was headed in at the far post by Wijnaldum. We had a couple of chances through Oxlade-Chamberlain that was saved well by Butland but in the end Stoke were well beaten.

Full Time – Liverpool 5 – 0 Stoke

Salah 2, Coutinho 5, Firmino 31, 44 Wijnaldum 50

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet. Roberto, Moreno, Matip, Lovren, Can, Henderson (71), Wijnaldum (61), Coutinho, Salah (61), Firmino

Subs: Karius, Alexander-Arnold (61), Gomez, De Ligt, Mané, Oxlade Chamberlain (61), Woodburn (71)

Other Results:

Southampton 3 – 1 Chelsea

Crystal Palace 0 – 0 Huddersfield

Man City 2 – 0 West Brom

Man Utd 3 – 0 Swansea

Newcastle 3 – 0 Leicester

Tottenham 1 – 0 Brighton

West Ham 2 – 1 Burnley

Sunday 27th August 2017:

Watford 0 – 2 Bournemouth

Everton 2 – 2 Arsenal

| Pos                                                                                                                          | Inf   | Team           | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | GD    | Pts   | Form  |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st                                                                                                                          |       | Man City       | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 9     | 1     | 8     | 9     |       |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd                                                                                                                          |       | Southampton    | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 6     | 1     | 5     | 9     |       |

| 3rd                                                                                                                          |       | Tottenham      | 3     | 3     | 0     | 0     | 6     | 1     | 5     | 9     |       |

| 4th                                                                                                                          |       | Newcastle      | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 7     | 2     | 5     | 7     |       |

| 5th                                                                                                                                            |       | Crystal Palace | 3     | 2     | 1     | 0     | 5     | 2     | 3     | 7     |       |

| 6th                                                                                                                       |       | Liverpool      | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 7     | 1     | 6     | 6     |       |

| 7th                                                                                                                      |       | Bournemouth    | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 7     | 5     | 2     | 6     |       |

| 8th                                                                                                                       |       | Chelsea        | 3     | 2     | 0     | 1     | 4     | 4     | 0     | 6     |       |

| 9th                                                                                                                      |       | Arsenal        | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 7     | 4     | 3     | 5     |       |

| 10th                                                                                                                      |       | West Ham       | 3     | 1     | 2     | 0     | 5     | 4     | 1     | 5     |       |

| 11th                                                                                                                        |       | Man Utd        | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 2     | 2     | 4     |       |

| 12th                                                                                                                         |       | Everton        | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 4     | 3     | 1     | 4     |       |

| 13th                                                                                                                         |       | West Brom      | 3     | 1     | 1     | 1     | 2     | 3     | -1    | 4     |       |

| 14th                                                                                                                         |       | Brighton       | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 1     | 4     | -3    | 1     |       |

| 15th                                                                                                                                          |       | Huddersfield   | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 1     | 7     | -6    | 1     |       |

| 16th                                                                                                                   |       | Stoke          | 3     | 0     | 1     | 2     | 1     | 7     | -6    | 1     |       |

| 17th                                                                                                                     |       | Burnley        | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 4     | 9     | -5    | 0     |       |

| 18th                                                                                                                     |       | Leicester      | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 0     | 6     | -6    | 0     |       |

| 19th                                                                                                                     |       | Swansea        | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 1     | 8     | -7    | 0     |       |

| 20th                                                                                                                      |       | Watford        | 3     | 0     | 0     | 3     | 1     | 8     | -7    | 0     |       |

Thanks the first FM i've got into for a while and i'm quite enjoying this save. Would love to give Woodburn more games but he's a bit down the pecking order at the moment. Will give him chances in the cups.

Thursday 31st August 2017

Kasper Dolberg has resumed full training following spraining his ankle ligaments in pre-season. Transfer deadline day passed without incident and I was tucked up in bed nice and early.

Friday 1st September 2017

Georginio Wijnaldum has been named the Barclays Premier League September Player of the month after 2 goals in 3 games. Roberto Firmino came 2nd in the Goal of the Month for his strike against Stoke.

Tuesday 5th September 2017

Dejan Lovren has sprained his ankle ligaments whilst on international duty and will be out for up to 3-4 weeks.

Saturday 9th September 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 4

Swansea City (A)

A rotated lineup today ahead of the Champions League tie in midweek. We struggled to break down the numbers Swansea were keeping back and were reduced to long ranged shots through Wijnaldum and Henderson. We were reduced to ten men on thirty five minutes when Klavan was adjudged to have brought down Bony when he was running through on goal despite it looking a good tackle much to my fury. We should have took the lead soon after though when Coutinho sent through Firmino who was denied by the post. The rebound fell to Mané who also somehow hit the post with the keeper scrambling to get back.

Half Time – Swansea City 0 – 0 Liverpool

Swansea took the lead five minutes after the break when Matip sliced a clearance straight to Bony who could not miss with the space Mignolet had left him to finish with. We was really struggling with ten men and Mignolet did well to keep us in the game. We got an equaliser five minutes from time when Swasea tried to push forward. Gomez intercepted and sent a long ball up to Mané. The Senagalese forward struck in a fierce shot at the near post to get us back in the game. A few minutes later though we conceded a really poor goal when a low corner was slotted in at the edge of the six yard box by Sanches. Swansea must have thought they had won it but we got a dramatic late equaliser. A counter led by Mané found Wijnaldum who in turn fed the run of Salah for him to steal a point for us in the last minute of stoppage time.

Full Time – Swansea City 2 – 2 Liverpool

Bony 50, Sanchez 88; Mané 85, Salah 90+4

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Matip, Klavan, Can (36), Henderson, Wijnaldum, Coutinho (61), Mané, Firmino (61)

Subs: Karius, Roberto, Gomez (36), Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah (61), Sturridge (61)

After reviewing video evidence and a recommendation from my staff, I have decided to appeal against Ragnar Klavan’s red card. Until then he has received a one match suspension from all domestic competitions.

Other Results:

Arsenal 2 – 0 Man City

Bournemouth 3 – 3 West Ham

Brighton 3 – 2 Watford

Huddersfield 1 – 1 Man Utd

Leicester 0 – 3 Tottenham

Chelsea 2 – 0 Newcastle

Sunday 10th September 2017

West Brom 1 – 2 Crystal Palace

Stoke 2 – 1 Southampton

The bookies have released the odds for the Champions League and have made Real Madrid favourites at 15-2. The bookies have made us 18-1 to win the competition.

Monday 11th September 2017

Burnley 1 – 1 Everton

Tuesday 12th August 2017

Uefa Champions League Group Stage – Match 1

RP Leipzig (A)

The hosts should have took the lead in the opening minute when Poulsen found himself clean through on goal but could only blast over. I had to make an early change however in the third minute as Wijnaldum came off injured to be replaced by Milner. Leipzig took the lead on ten minutes when Werner was unmarked to head in a Forsberg corner. We never got going in the first half and was probably lucky to get to half time at only 1-0

Half Time - RP Leipzig – 1 – 0 Liverpool

I made a change at half time bringing on Mané for Henderson and switching to a 4-2-3-1. It almost worked immediately as Coutinho hit the post from Mané’s through ball. The change in formation seemed to bring us to life and we got an equaliser soon after half time. A Leipzig counter was broke up by Milner and it fell to De Ligt. The 17 year old sent a long ball up to Mané who finished excellenty at the keepers near post. We had Mignolet to thank for though on the hour mark making an excellent flying save to deny Forsberg. We should have taken the lead with four minutes to go after a long ball from Matip found Dolberg but the 19 year old debutant waster his one on one chance.

Full Time – RP Leipzig 1 – 1 Liverpool

Werner 10; Mané 49

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Roberto, Moreno, Matip, De Ligt, Can, Henderson (45), Wijnaldum (3), Coutinho, Salah, Firmino (70)

Subs: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Milner (3), Mané (45), Sturridge, Dolberg (70)

Other Results:

Barcelona 4 – 2 Shakhtar

Georginio Wijnaldum will be out of action for 4-5 weeks after suffering a groin strain against RP Leipzig.

Wednesday 13th September 2017

The FA have accepted my appeal of Ragnar Klavan’s red card and have rescinded his one match ban.

Thursday 14th September 2017

Daniel Sturridge has suffered a bruised knee after a collision in training and will miss the weekend game with Huddersfield.

Saturday 16th August 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 5

Huddersfield Town (H)

A game I saw as a must win and with the league cup game in midweek I fielded a full first team for this match. We started brightly and really should have took the lead ten minutes in when Moreno found Salah at the back post but he could only find the side netting. Firmino then wasted a good chance when Henderson put him through one on one but could only fire at the keeper. The terriers were defending in numbers but it seemed only a matter of time when we would score. It eventually came on 37 minutes when a poor clearance went as far as Henderson. The captain found the run of Firmino who made no mistake this time.

Half Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 Huddersfield Town

The second half started slowly and took till the hour mark for us to have another chance which was hit straight at the keeper by Salah. It was a poor second half from and we almost gifted a draw away when a wayward back pass from Can sent Van La Parre through for the Terriers. The forward found himself one on one with Mignolet but could only hit the post. We scraped the win but I let my players know of their poor performance.

Full Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 Huddersfield Town

Firmino 36

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Roberto, Moreno, Matip, De Ligt, Can (71), Henderson, Milner, Coutinho (71), Salah (71), Firmino

Subs: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Klavan, Grujic (71), Mané (71), Dolberg (71)

Other Results:

Tottenham 0 – 1 Chelsea

Brighton 1 – 3 Bournemouth

Man City 1 – 0 Burnley

Newcastle 3 – 0 Stoke

Southampton 1 – 0 Swansea

Watford 3 – 1 Leicester

Man Utd 2 – 1 West Brom

Sunday 17th September 2017

Crystal Palace 1 – 1 Arsenal

Everton 1 – 2 West Ham

Tuesday 19th September 2017

Caribao Cup – Third Round

Barnsley (H)

A virtually new team for this one and we took an early lead through a set piece. A Milner corner found Gomez on the edge of the six yard box who unselfishly nodded it down for Mané to rifle in. We got a second on the quarter hour mark after a neat move in midfield was finished by Alexander-Arnold crossing in for the eager Woodburn to volley in. A few minutes later we got a third when Milner’s free kick was found Klavan. The centre back initially had his shot saved but made no mistake with the rebound.

Half Time – Liverpool 3 – 0 Barnsley

Barnsley seemed happy to just soak up pressure in the second half and we wasn’t doing a good job of breaking them down. We received a blow on the hour mark as Roberto had to come off injured. It took for the final minutes of the game for there to be another goal. A simple route one ball by the visitors found Thiam through on goal who made no mistake beating Karius. Our three goal cushion was restored though as we was given a penalty for a push on Oxlade-Chamberlain. Alexander-Arnold sent the keeper the wrong way to round off a simple win for us.

Full Time – Liverpool 4 – 1 Barnsley

Mané 7, Woodburn 15, Klavan 17, Alexander-Arnold 90+3pen; Thiam 90+2

Lineup: (4-3-3) – Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Gomez, Klavan, Grujic, Roberto, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mané (67), Woodburn

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, De Ligt, Can (58), Coutinho (58), Firmino, Dolberg (67)

Sergi Roberto has suffered a torn groin muscle in the match against Barnsley and will be out for 6-8 weeks.

Saturday 23rd September 2017

The 4th draw of the Carabaro Cup has been made and we have been drawn away at Bournemouth.

Barclays Premier League – Match 6

West Brom (A)

With the midweek game with Barcelona in mind I mind only a couple of changes from the rotated side that played Barnsley. We started well and almost took the lead from the off but Mané couldn’t find the target after he cut inside from the left flank. We got a fortunate goal soon after though as Grujic first had his shot blocked but his second attempt was deflected in by Hegazi for an own goal. Ten minutes later we got a second as the English trio combined. Henderson found Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right hand flank who in turn put in an excellent cross for Sturridge to volley in. We let West Brom back into the match though when we failed to clear a corner. Juanma played a neat ball to find Evans beating the offside trap and slotting past Karius.

Half Time – West Brom 1 – 2 Liverpool

We should have restored our 2 goal cushion straight after half time but Gomez had his header brilliantly denied by Foster. It was Grujic who then had the turn to be denied after Oxlade-Chamberlain found his late run into the area. Foster continued to deny us with saves against De Ligt and Sturridge but could do nothing about Klavans free header near the end from Coutinho’s corner. We got a fourth straight from the kick-off as Sturridge slipped in Oxlade-Chamberlain. The winger again put in an excellent cross for Mané to tap in at the far post. An excellent win in the end and a good confidence booster ahead of midweek.

Full Time – West Brom 1 - 4 Liverpool

Evans 28; Hegazi OG 9, Sturridge 21, Klavan 84, Mané 85

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Klavan, Gomez, Grujic, Henderson (65), Milner (65), Mané, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, De Ligt, Can (65), Coutinho (65), Salah, Firmino

Other Results:

Arsenal 2 – 1 Man Utd

Bournemouth 5 – 1 Everton

Burnley 0 – 2 Crystal Palace

Chelsea 2 – 0 Watford

Stoke 1 - 3 Tottenham

West Ham 0 – 0 Man City

Sunday 24th September 2017

Leicester 0 – 0 Brighton

Swansea 2 – 0 Newcastle

Monday 25th September 2017

Huddersfield 0 – 0 Southampton

Wednesday 27th September 2017

Uefa Champions League Group Stage – Match 2

Barcelona (H)

A very open match to begin and it was a surprise to see Messi fire well wide early on from a low Alba cross. Firmino then had a half chance from Coutinho’s pass but fired over. Dembelé then forced Mignolet into action but the Belgian made a comfortable save. We really should have took the lead just before half time when Coutinho found Mané at the far post but he headed over from five yards.

Half Time – Liverpool 0 – 0 Barcelona

We held our own in the second half and were unfortunate to be denied a great goal by Can but for the fingertips of Ter Stegen. Coutinho then almost showed Barcelona why they tried to sign him so much but his long range effort went just wide. A moment of quality in the 71st minute though gave Barcelona the lead. A counter attack started by Suarez sending Dembelé down the right flank. The summer signing returned the favour crossing into the near post for Suarez to tap in. We had to open up from there and even had some good chances with Salah and Can wasted. In the end we was outdone by one brilliant move and leaves with an uphill task to qualify from here.

Full Time – Liverpool 0 – 1 Barcelona

Suarez 71

Lineup (4-3-3) - Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, Matip, De Ligt, Can, Henderson, Milner (72), Coutinho, Mané (66), Firmino (66)

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Robertson, Salah (66), Oxlade-Chamberlain (72), Sturridge (66), Dolberg

Shakhtar 3 – 1 Leipzig

Friday 29th September 2017

Injury news sees Loris Karius pulling his calf in training and will be out for 2 to 3 weeks.

Leicester 1 – 1 Bournemouth

Saturday 30th September 2017

Tottenham 1 – 1 Swansea

Crystal Palace 1 – 0 West Ham

Man Utd 2 – 2 Burnley

Newcastle 2 – 0 Huddersfield

Southampton 2 – 0 West Brom

Watford 2 – 0 Stoke

Brighton 0 – 3 Chelsea

Sunday 1st October 2017

Man City 4 – 1 Everton

Barclays Premier League – Match 7

Arsenal (H)

We were all over the Gunners in the first half and could easily have been 4 up at half time. Milner hit the post after ten minutes from Hendersons clever pass. Then a minute later a counter attack started by Coutinho ended with Firmino shooting straight at Cech. We got a deserved lead after twenty seven minutes though. From Arsenals corner Firmino started a quick counter attack sending Mané charging forward. The winger quickly outpaced the defense and laid it on a plate for Salah to tap in at the far post. The Egyptian then returned the favour 5 minutes later for Mané to score an almost identical goal.

Half Time – Liverpool 2 – 0 Arsenal

The second half was a quieter affair with few chances but we had an easy one soon after the break. Firmino robbed the ball off Mertesacker on the edge of the area but could only put his one on one chance with Cech wide. With the game teetering on I made all 3 subs with twenty minutes to go and soon regretted it when Alexander-Arnold had to come off with a concussion leaving us to finish the match with ten men. The 3 points were sealed five minutes from time though thanks to Sturridge volleying in an excellent Salah cross after a fine move. Arsenal got a consolation goal in stoppage time when Ozil sent a long ball forward to Lacazette who outpaced my defense and slotted past Mignolet.

Full Time – Liverpool 3 – 1 Arsenal

Salah 27, Mané 35, Sturridge 85; Lacazette 90+1

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold (74), Moreno, Matip, De Ligt, Henderson (62), Milner (62), Coutinho, Mané, Salah, Firmino (70)

Subs: Ward, Gomez, Lovren, Can (62), Oxlade-Chamberlain (62), Dolberg, Sturridge (70)

Trent Alexander-Arnold will be out for 2 -3 weeks after suffering a concussion in the game against Arsenal.

Friday 6th October 2017

Sadio Mané has damaged his heel on international duty and will be out for 2 weeks.

| Pos| Inf   | Team           | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | GD    | Pts   | Form  |

| 1st|       | Chelsea        | 7     | 6     | 0     | 1     | 12    | 4     | 8     | 18    |       |

| 2nd|       | Crystal Palace | 7     | 5     | 2     | 0     | 11    | 4     | 7     | 17    |       |

| 3rd|       | Liverpool      | 7     | 5     | 1     | 1     | 17    | 5     | 12    | 16    |       |

| 4th|       | Man City       | 7     | 5     | 1     | 1     | 14    | 4     | 10    | 16    |       |

| 5th|       | Tottenham      | 7     | 5     | 1     | 1     | 13    | 4     | 9     | 16    |       |

| 6th|       | Southampton    | 7     | 5     | 1     | 1     | 10    | 3     | 7     | 16    |       |

| 7th|       | Bournemouth    | 7     | 4     | 2     | 1     | 19    | 11    | 8     | 14    |       |

| 8th|       | Newcastle      | 7     | 4     | 1     | 2     | 12    | 6     | 6     | 13    |       |

| 9th|       | Arsenal        | 7     | 3     | 3     | 1     | 13    | 9     | 4     | 12    |       |

| 10th|       | West Ham       | 7     | 2     | 4     | 1     | 10    | 9     | 1     | 10    |       |

| 11th|       | Man Utd        | 7     | 2     | 3     | 2     | 10    | 8     | 2     | 9     |       |

| 12th|       | Watford        | 7     | 2     | 0     | 5     | 8     | 14    | -6    | 6     |       |

| 13th|       | Swansea        | 7     | 1     | 2     | 4     | 6     | 12    | -6    | 5     |       |

| 14th|       | Everton        | 7     | 1     | 2     | 4     | 8     | 15    | -7    | 5     |       |

| 15th|       | Brighton       | 7     | 1     | 2     | 4     | 5     | 12    | -7    | 5     |       |

| 16th|       | West Brom      | 7     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 5     | 13    | -8    | 4     |       |

| 17th|       | Stoke          | 7     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 4     | 16    | -12   | 4     |       |

| 18th|       | Huddersfield   | 7     | 0     | 3     | 4     | 2     | 11    | -9    | 3     |       |

| 19th|       | Burnley        | 7     | 0     | 2     | 5     | 7     | 15    | -8    | 2     |       |

| 20th|       | Leicester      | 7     | 0     | 2     | 5     | 2     | 13    | -11   | 2     |       |

Thanks @mark wilson27 i'm really enjoying this save. Palace have certainly started well. How long they can stay there for is the question.

Tuesday 10th October 2017

Jordan Henderson has sprained his ankle ligaments whilst on international duty and will be out for 4 weeks. Welcome news sees Georginio Wijnaldum resume full training after a groin strain.

Saturday 14th October 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 8

Burnley (H)

A truly dire match in truth with the only highlights being the goals. Burnley took the lead ten minutes from the break when Brady found space on the left flank and crossed in for Wood to head home.

Half Time – Burnley 1 – 0 Liverpool

In truth it looked like we would never score and it took until the 94th minute to find the equaliser. Milner played a clever through ball for Sturridge to latch onto. The England striker blasted into the roof of the net from a tight angle to give us a share of the spoils.

Full Time – Burnley 1 – 1 Liverpool

Wood 35; Sturridge 90+4

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Gomez, Robertson, Klavan, Lovren, Grujic, Wijnaldum (58), Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Sturridge

Subs: Karius, Moreno, Matip, Can (67), Coutinho (58), Firmino (67), Dolberg

Chelsea 1 – 0 Leicester

Bournemouth 0 – 2 Man City

Huddersfield 1 – 1 Tottenham

Stoke 2 – 0 Brighton

West Ham 1 – 0 Man Utd

Arsenal 1 – 1 Southampton

Sunday 15th October 2017

Swansea 0 – 3 Watford

Everton 0 – 2 Crystal Palace

Monday 16th October 2017

Trent Alexander-Arnold and Loris Karius have both resumed full training following their respective injuries.

West Brom 1 – 0 Newcastle

Forgot the results from the weekend. Added in now.

Wednesday 18th October 2017

Sadio Mané has returned to training in time for the Champions League tie with Shakhtar.

Uefa Champions League Group Stage – Match 3

Shakhtar Donetsk (H)

We got off to the best possible start with two goals in ten minutes in front of the Kop in a must win game. First, Sturridge sent a cross field ball for Salah to race onto. The Egyptian did well on his weaker foot to pull it back For Coutinho to fire into the bottom corner. Then Coutinho turned assist as he sent in a free kick to the back post that was headed in by Can. We could have scored further goals through Firmino and Sturridge but they wasted their chances.

Half Time – Liverpool 2 – 0 Shakhtar Donetsk.

The second half wasn’t much of a spectacle which was fine by me with the scoreline. Wijnaldum had a couple of half chances where he fired wide from the edge of the area when he really should have hit the target. The 3 points where sealed five minutes from time when Salah sent a high cross in from the right. Dolberg nodded it down into the path of Sturridge who could not miss to make it 3 in 3 games for him.

Full Time – Liverpool 3 – 0 Shakhtar Donetsk

Coutinho 4, Can 9, Sturridge 85

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Gomez (71), Moreno, De Ligt, Matip, Can, Milner (64), Coutinho, Salah, Sturridge, Firmino (64)

Subs: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold (71), Lovren, Wijnaldum (64), Mané, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Dolberg (64)

Leipzig 1 – 1 Barcelona

Friday 20th October 2017

Leicester 1 – 1 Stoke

Saturday 21st October 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 9

West Ham (H)

The Hammers had clearly come to park the bus but we put paid to that plan twenty five minutes in. A quick move after a failed corner saw Coutinho brilliantly flick Oxlade-Chamberlain’s cross over to Mané who beat Hart at his near post.

Half Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 West Ham

The only way West Ham looked like they would score was via a set piece and to my horror they did twenty minutes into the second half. Cresswell saw his volley blocked but the ball ricocheted everywhere and eventually went in for an own goal by De Ligt. It looked like West Ham would hold onto steal a point but our Brazilians had other ideas. Coutinho sent a last gasp long ball forward to Firmino who expertly controlled the ball and slotted past Hart deep into stoppage time.

Full Time – Liverpool 2 – 1 West Ham

Mané 23, Firmino 90+3; De Ligt OG 64

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, De Ligt, Lovren, Can (73), Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Mané, Salah (19), Sturridge (64)

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Matip, Milner (73), Oxlade-Chamberlain (19), Firmino (64), Dolberg

Brighton 0 – 0 Swansea

Chelsea 4 – 0 Bournemouth

Southampton 3 – 1 Burnley

Tottenham 1 – 1 West Brom

Watford 5 – 2 Huddersfield

Crystal Palace 4 – 3 Man City

Sunday 22nd October 2017

Man Utd 3 – 0 Everton

Newcastle 4 – 4 Arsenal

Been a few games we've left it late pal which is both pleasing and frustrating

Tuesday 24th October 2017

Carabao Cup - 4th Round

Bournemouth (A)

We took the lead after ten minutes when to my surprise Milner raced onto a loose ball from twenty five yards and hit a screamer past the helpless Federici. Just after the half hour mark our lead was doubled thanks to a neat move between Salah and Milner. Salah played a one-two with Milner down the left side and then pulled it back for Sturridge to score and keep his good form up.

Half Time – Bournemouth 0 – 2 Liverpool

The Cherries came flying at us in the second half and deservedly pulled one back ten minutes after the break. King did well to hold the ball up and pull Klavan out of position. The forward then sent Afobe forward who made no mistake beating Karius. To my horror ten minutes later they go an equaliser after a long ball forward found the run of King who made easy work of beating Karius. We soon found ourselves back in front thanks to the in form Sturridge finding Gomez’s accurate pass and just squeezing the ball past Federici. Our two goal cushion was then restored after an excellent free flowing move was finished by Oxlade-Chamberlain firing into the roof of the net. Our nerves were tested when Afobe pulled another goal back but we held onto to progress to the quarter finals.

Full Time – Bournemouth 3 – 4 Liverpool

Afobe 57 87, King 65; Milner 9 , Sturridge 34 76, Oxlade-Chamberlain 79

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Gomez, Robertson, Matip, Klavan, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, De Ligt, Can, Coutinho, Mané, Firmino

Friday 27th October 2017

The draw for the Quarter Finals of the Carabao Cup has been made and we have been drawn at home to Arsenal.

Thanks @Diego Imposta always nice to know people are following and enjoying this as much as I am playing it. I've got such a large squad and at least 2 quality players in each position that i'm constantly rotating the side each game. Keeping everyone fit and happy this way.

Saturday 28th October 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 10

Everton (A)

My first derby as Liverpool manager and it was anything but a thriller. It was almost a disastrous start as Siggurdsson found space in the area but could only fire wide. Coutinho had to go off with a groin strain early on just to make my mood going into half time very sour indeed.

Half Time – Everton 0 – 0 Liverpool

The second half was just as bad which only had one highlight to it. Thankfully it was a big one for us as Firmino played in the run of Milner whose shot somehow managed to get through the hands of Pickford and trickle in. Not a match for the highlight book but 3 points is 3 points.

Full Time – Everton 0 – 1 Liverpool

Milner 66

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, De Ligt, Klavan, Can (64), Wijnaldum, Coutinho (32), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mané, Sturridge (64)

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Matip, Milner (32), Salah, Firmino (64), Dolberg

Phillipe Coutinho has picked up a groin strain in the match against Everton and will be out for 3 – 5 weeks.

Man City 2 – 1 Man Utd

Bournemouth 2 – 1 Crystal Palace

Stoke 4 – 1 Chelsea

Swansea 0 – 2 Leicester

West Brom 2 – 2 Watford

Arsenal 4 – 0 Tottenham

Sunday 29th October 2017

Huddersfield 4 – 4 Brighton

West Ham 4– 1 Southampton

Monday 30th October 2017

Burnley 4-1 Newcastle

| Pos                                                                                                                                             | Inf   | Team      | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | GD    | Pts   | Form  |

| 1st|       | Chelsea        | 10    | 8     | 0     | 2     | 18    | 8     | 10    | 24    |       |

| 2nd|       | Liverpool      | 10    | 7     | 2     | 1     | 21    | 7     | 14    | 23    |       |

| 3rd|       | Crystal Palace | 10    | 7     | 2     | 1     | 18    | 9     | 9     | 23    |       |

| 4th|       | Man City       | 10    | 7     | 1     | 2     | 21    | 9     | 12    | 22    |       |

| 5th|       | Southampton    | 10    | 6     | 2     | 2     | 15    | 9     | 6     | 20    |       |

| 6th|       | Tottenham      | 10    | 5     | 3     | 2     | 15    | 10    | 5     | 18    |       |

| 7th|       | Arsenal        | 10    | 4     | 5     | 1     | 22    | 14    | 8     | 17    |       |

| 8th|       | Bournemouth    | 10    | 5     | 2     | 3     | 21    | 18    | 3     | 17    |       |

| 9th|       | West Ham       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 16    | 12    | 4     | 16    |       |

| 10th|       | Newcastle      | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 17    | 15    | 2     | 14    |       |

| 11th|       | Watford        | 10    | 4     | 1     | 5     | 18    | 18    | 0     | 13    |       |

| 12th|       | Man Utd        | 10    | 3     | 3     | 4     | 14    | 11    | 3     | 12    |       |

| 13th|       | Stoke          | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 11    | 18    | -7    | 11    |       |

| 14th|       | West Brom      | 10    | 2     | 3     | 5     | 9     | 16    | -7    | 9     |       |

| 15th|       | Brighton       | 10    | 1     | 4     | 5     | 9     | 18    | -9    | 7     |       |

| 16th|       | Burnley        | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 13    | 20    | -7    | 6     |       |

| 17th|       | Leicester      | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 5     | 15    | -10   | 6     |       |

| 18th|       | Swansea        | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 6     | 17    | -11   | 6     |       |

| 19th|       | Huddersfield   | 10    | 0     | 5     | 5     | 9     | 21    | -12   | 5     |       |

| 20th|       | Everton        | 10    | 1     | 2     | 7     | 8     | 21    | -13   | 5     |       |

Tuesday 31st October 2017

Uefa Champions League Group Stage – Match 4

Shakhtar Donetsk (A)

We should have took the lead twenty minutes in as Salah caught Srna napping but didn’t have the composure to beat the keeper. Luckily Robertson made up for it with a thunderous strike on the edge of the area going into the top corner. A few minutes later it was two after a 50 yard run by Salah was finished off by a cross into the path of Firmino who couldn’t miss from 2 yards out. Just before half time the game looked as good as over as Milner’s corner found an unmarked Salah at the near post who surely won’t have scored any easier headers.

Half Time – Shakhtar Donetsk 0 – 3 Liverpool

The hosts just couldn’t contain Salah who helped us get a fourth just after the break. Robertson found the winger in space on the left and sent in a looping cross that was headed in by Mané. With the game as good as over changes were made to preserve players for the weekend match. We got a fifth five minutes from time as a swift counter attack was finished off simply by summer signing Dolberg for his first goal for the club.

Full Time – Shakhtar Donetsk 0 – 5 Liverpool

Robertson 24, Firmino 27, Salah 44, Mané 48, Dolberg 85

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Gomez, Robertson, Matip, Lovren, Can (71), Milner, Wijnaldum, Mané, Salah (65), Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold (65), Moreno, De Ligt, Klavan, Sturridge (71), Dolberg (65)

Barcelona 2 – 3 Leipzig

Wednesday 1st November 2017

The leagues monthly awards have come out and Mathijs De Ligt has come third in the Young Player of the Month. I have won Octobers Manager of the Month after an unbeaten month and winning 3 out of 4 games. More good news sees Sergi Roberto resume full training after a torn groin muscle kept him out for 6 weeks.

Thursday 2nd November 2017

Captain Jordan Henderson has resumed full training after sprained ankle ligaments suffered on international duty kept him out for 3 weeks.

Friday 3rd November 2017

Stoke 0 – 0 Bournemouth

Saturday 4th November 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 11

Man City (H)

It was a typical cagey affair for two teams at the top end of the table with few chances. De Ligt had a good chance from a corner but could only head at Ederson. Jesus almost scored a fluke with a cross that hit the post. It looked like it would take something special to open the scoring and it did. Salah played an inch perfect diagonal ball for Mané to race onto and he made no mistake sliding the ball past Ederson.

Half Time - Liverpool 1 – 0 Man City

Another cagey affair in the second half and we really should have scored a second just after the break. Wijnaldum played a cute ball through to Mané who selfishly tried to beat the keeper at the near post instead of feeding an open net for Firmino. It proved costly as Man City were awarded a penalty not long before the end as Milner was adjudged to have pushed Touré. The Ivorian took the panlty himself and easily beat Mignolet to give City an undeserved point.

Full Time – Liverpool 1 – 1 Man City

Mané 35; Touré 83 pen

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson (72), De Ligt, Matip, Can (66), Milner, Wijnaldum, Mané, Salah, Firmino (66)

Subs: Karius, Gomez, Lovren, Roberto (72), Henderson (66), Sturridge (66), Dolberg

Brighton 0 – 0 West Brom

Leicester 1 – 1 Crystal Palace

Man Utd 2 – 1 Crystal Palace

Newcastle 0 – 1 West Ham

Tottenham 1 – 2 Burnley

Chelsea 1 – 1 Swansea

Sunday 5th November 2017

Southampton 3 – 1 Everton

Watford 1 – 1 Arsenal

Monday 6th November 2017

Adam Lallana has resumed full training following a torn thigh muscle. He will play a few under 23 matches during the international break to gain some match fitness.

Saturday 18th November 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 12

Crystal Palace (A)

Palace were the surprise package in the league so far and were given the respect they deserved in my lineup. We took the lead after a quarter of an hour with the help of Zaha deflecting Sturridge’s shot past his own keeper. Zaha made up for it a few minutes later though after a fine team move saw him shooting into the top corner.

Half Time – Crystal Palace 1 – 1 Liverpool

We got a touch of fortune again after half time when we was awarded a dubious penalty when Salah went down from a challenge by Ward. Milner stepped up and confidently put it in the top corner. Palace looked like they had earnt themselves a point when Loftus-Cheek ran onto Boselli’s flick on and fired the ball into the top corner. Not to be outdone though we stole the three points thanks to a great one-two between Robertson and Oxlade-Chamberlain. The latter burst down the left flank and put in a great cross for Sturridge to fire into the top corner to give us a big win.

Full Time – Crystal Palace 2 – 3 Liverpool

Zaha 18, Loftus-Cheek 86; Zaha OG 16, Milner 54 pen, Sturridge 89

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Roberto, Robertson, Matip, Lovren, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum (64), Mané (71), Salah (64), Sturridge

Subs: Karius, Gomez, De Ligt, Can, Lallana (64), Oxlade-Chamberlain (64), Firmino (71)

Man City 1 – 1 Southampton

Bournemouth 0 – 2 Man Utd

Everton 1 – 2 Newcastle

Huddersfield 0 – 2 Chelsea

West Brom 0 – 1 Leicester

West Ham 0 – 0 Tottenham

Sunday 19th November 2017

Swansea 2 – 0 Stoke

Arsenal 3 – 0 Brighton

Monday 20th November 2017

Burnley 2 – 0 Watford

Wednesday 22nd November 2017

Uefa Champions League Group Stage  - Match 5

This was the key match of the group knowing a win would send us into the knockout stages. It was a tight affair understandably with few chances. Mané had the best chance of the half after the half hour after a neat back heel by Can found the winger but his shot was well saved. Karius had a brainless moment just after when he headed straight to Wener but his lob only found the side netting.

Half Time – Liverpool 0 – 0 Leipzig

Just as I was considering changes we got the goal we just about deserved. Milner found space on the left flank for Salah to run into and he put in a great cross that Firmino converted with ease. De Ligt had a free header on the hour mark go over when he should have scored. After a minute of coming on Dolberg doubled our lead as Salah again put in a perfect cross that the young forward could not miss at the back post. A comfortable win in the end which puts us through to the last 16.

Full Time – Liverpool 2 – 0 Leipzig

Firmino 60, Dolberg 69

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Roberto, Moreno, De Ligt, Matip, Can, Henderson, Milner, Mané, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge, Dolberg

Shakhtar 3 – 2 Barcelona

Jordan Henderson will be out for 5-11 days after suffering a gashed leg in the match against Leipzig.

Friday 24th November 2017

Phillipe Coutinho has resumed full training following a groin strain.

West Brom 0 – 0 Stoke

Saturday 25th November 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 13

Bournemouth (A)

A bit of rotation here and the fresh legs helped us make our best start since I took charge. Young Alexander-Arnold put in a great cross after the quarter hour mark to the back post that was volleyed in by Salah. Sturridge should have doubled our lead straight after but fired just wide. Our lead did get doubled though after a swift counter attack was finished by Salah providing a tap in for Oxlade-Chamberlain. The best goal was our third goal with a goal of the season contender. Henderson’s corner found Roberto at the edge of the box and the young Spaniard fired in a volley through a crowd of bodies from twenty five yards.

Half Time – Bournemouth 0 – 3 Liverpool

We just didn’t turn up in the second half and almost threw away all the good work. Afobe pulled one back on the hour mark after a brilliant run by Arter was finished with a cross and a tap in for Afobe. The striker got a second goal after getting on the end of a simple long ball and slotting past Karius. We had numerous good chances through Milner, Salah, Coutinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain to finish the game off but in the end had to settle for a narrow win.

Full Time – Bournemouth 2 – 3 Liverpool

Afobe 60 66; Salah 8, Oxlade- Chamberlain 30, Roberto 41  

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Lovren, Klavan, Roberto (66), Milner, Lallana (71), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Sturridge (66)

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, De Ligt, Can (66), Coutinho (71), Mané, Firmino (66)

Man City 4 – 1 Tottenham

Burnley 1 – 1 Leicester

Crystal Palace 2 – 0 Newcastle

Huddersfield 2 – 0 Swansea

West Ham 0 – 1 Brighton

Man Utd 1 – 1 Southampton

Sunday 26th November 2017

Everton 2 – 2 Watford

Arsenal 0 – 0 Chelsea

Tuesday 28th November 2017

Watford 1 – 1 West Ham

@mark wilson27 i'd hate for you to miss this ;)

Wednesday 29th November 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 14

Man Utd (H)

The big one as far as I’m concerned and our best possible lineup was put out. Coutinho had to be forced off early with an injury after only just coming back. Mkhitaryan should have given Utd the lead after ten minutes when he beat De Ligt to the ball but put his shot wide. We had good chances through Salah shooting at De Gea and then Firmino hitting the bar from Mané’s cross. A touch of fortune gave us the lead thanks to Salah’s goalbound shot took a deflection off Bailly and past De Gea.

Half Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 Man Utd

Lallana had to be brought off with an injury with Roberto also struggling. Much to my dismay Mané was then also forced off with injury making me use all 3 of my subs after fifty minutes due to injuries. We got a second just after the break when an excellent cross by Oxlade-Chamberlain found an unmarked Milner to volley in from the edge of the box. We was then awarded a penalty soon after when Bailly tripped Moreno. Milner sent De Gea the wrong way for his second goal. Oxlade-Chamberlain then had one disallowed for offside from Salah’s cross. We were completely on top and got a fourth five minutes from time as a Gerrard-esque strike from twenty five yards by Can found the top corner. To add insult to injury we got a fifth just before the end thanks to an excellent cross by Oxlade-Chamberlain found an unmarked Salah to head home. A much bigger win than I anticipated in the end and probably one of the best in the clubs history.

Full Time – Liverpool 5 – 0 Man Utd

Salah 36 88, Milner 51 56 pen, Can 85

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Roberto, Moreno, De Ligt, Matip, Can, Milner, Coutinho (8), Mané (48), Salah, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Wijnaldum (45), Lallana (8) (45), Oxlade-Chamberlain (48), Sturridge

Brighton 1 – 2 Burnley

Chelsea 0 – 0 West Brom

Leicester 0 – 3 Arsenal

Newcastle 2 – 0 Man City

Southampton 1 – 2 Crystal Palace

Stoke 1 – 0 Huddersfield

Swansea 1 – 3 Bournemouth

Tottenham 1 – 1 Everton

Sadio Mané has sustained strained ankle ligaments and will be out for 3 to 4 weeks. Sergi Roberto has suffered a gashed leg and will be out for 1 to 2 weeks. Adam Lallana has suffered a pulled groin and will be out for 6-11 days.

Thursday 30th November 2017

The board have offered me a 3 year deal to stay with the club beyond my current contract expiring at the end of the season. I had no hesitation in accepting the offer straight away.

| Pos | Inf   | Team           | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | GD    | Pts   | Form  |

| 1st |       | Liverpool      | 14    | 10    | 3     | 1     | 33    | 12    | 21    | 33    |       |

| 2nd |       | Chelsea        | 14    | 9     | 3     | 2     | 21    | 9     | 12    | 30    |       |

| 3rd |       | Crystal Palace | 14    | 9     | 2     | 3     | 25    | 15    | 10    | 29    |       |

| 4th |       | Man City       | 14    | 8     | 3     | 3     | 27    | 14    | 13    | 27    |       |

| 5th |       | Arsenal        | 14    | 6     | 7     | 1     | 29    | 15    | 14    | 25    |       |

| 6th |       | Southampton    | 14    | 7     | 4     | 3     | 21    | 14    | 7     | 25    |       |

| 7th |       | West Ham       | 14    | 5     | 6     | 3     | 18    | 14    | 4     | 21    |       |

| 8th |       | Bournemouth    | 14    | 6     | 3     | 5     | 26    | 24    | 2     | 21    |       |

| 9th |       | Newcastle      | 14    | 6     | 2     | 6     | 21    | 19    | 2     | 20    |       |

| 10th|       | Tottenham      | 14    | 5     | 5     | 4     | 18    | 17    | 1     | 20    |       |

| 11th|       | Man Utd        | 14    | 5     | 4     | 5     | 19    | 18    | 1     | 19    |       |

| 12th|       | Watford        | 14    | 4     | 4     | 6     | 22    | 24    | -2    | 16    |       |

| 13th|       | Burnley        | 14    | 4     | 4     | 6     | 20    | 23    | -3    | 16    |       |

| 14th|       | Stoke          | 14    | 4     | 4     | 6     | 12    | 20    | -8    | 16    |       |

| 15th|       | West Brom      | 14    | 2     | 6     | 6     | 9     | 17    | -8    | 12    |       |

| 16th|       | Brighton       | 14    | 2     | 5     | 7     | 11    | 23    | -12   | 11    |       |

| 17th|       | Leicester      | 14    | 2     | 5     | 7     | 8     | 20    | -12   | 11    |       |

| 18th|       | Swansea        | 14    | 2     | 4     | 8     | 10    | 23    | -13   | 10    |       |

| 19th|       | Huddersfield   | 14    | 1     | 6     | 7     | 12    | 25    | -13   | 9     |       |

| 20th|       | Everton        | 14    | 1     | 4     | 9     | 13    | 29    | -16   | 7     |       |

Friday 1st December 2017

After a near perfect month it was no surprise to see us amongst the monthly awards. Mohamed Salah came second for Player of the Month behind the winner James Milner who scored 3 in 4 games. Emré Can came third in goal of the month for his strike against Man Utd. For the second month in a row I have won Manager of the Month after 3 wins in 4 games, just edging out Burnley’s Sean Dyche. More good news sees Nathaniel Clyne resume full training after suffering from a damaged spine.

Saturday 2nd December 2018

Barclays Premier League – Match 15

Southampton (A)

A visit to in form Southampton wasn’t exactly what I had in mind next considering all the injuries in the Man Utd match. My fears were soon put at ease as we scored almost straight away after a quick attack saw Dolberg sending Salah through for a comfortable finish. Karius then brilliantly denied Redmond a minute later. We got a second on ten minutes from a counter attack. Dolberg sent Salah running again and the Egyptian pulled back for Milner. The Englishman missed an easy chance but the rebound fell kindly for Wijnaldum to tap in. Our task was made easier when Cedric was show a straight red card for the hosts for a needless two footed tackle on Dolberg.

Half Time – Southampton 0 – 2 Liverpool

The Saints still continued to look dangerous and Karius had to be aware to deny both Redmond and several chances for Long. In the end the numbers eventually counted as we got a third on the hour mark. Some quick exchanges led to the excellent Dolberg teeing up Oxlade-Chamberlain on the edge of the box that was curled into the top corner. We could have scored more but Milner and Salah wasted headed chances from close range. Another day Saints may have outscored us, but our position in the table was shown with our ruthlessness.

Full Time – Southampton 0 – 3 Liverpool

Cedric s/o 22; Salah 1, Wijnaldum 10, Oxlade-Chamberlain 64

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Alexander-Arnold (70), Moreno (63), Gomez, Lovren, Henderson, Milner (70), Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Dolberg

Subs: Mignolet, Klavan (70), De Ligt, Clyne (63), Can (70), Firmino, Sturridge

Brighton 0 – 1 Everton

Chelsea 3 – 0 Burnley

Leicester 1 – 2 West Ham

Tottenham 0 – 1 Crystal Palace

Watford 0 – 5 Man City

Newcastle 2 – 1 Man Utd

Sunday 3rd December 2017

Huddersfield 0 – 1 Bournemouth

Stoke 1 – 0 Arsenal

Monday 4th December 2017

The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Round has been made and we have been drawn away to Crewe Alexandra.

Swansea 3 – 0 West Brom

Tuesday 5th December 2017

Uefa Champions League Group Stage – Match 6

Barcelona (A)

The maths were simple going into this game. A win or a draw would see us win the group. A loss would see Barcelona finish ahead of us courtesy of the head to head record. We got off to the perfect start as we were awarded a penalty after ten minutes as Alba was adjudged to have tripped Salah. Milner stepped up and only just scored past Ter Stegen. The hosts were all out attack on us then and missed somehow missed some really good chances through Messi and Dembelé.

Half Time – Barcelona 0 – 1 Liverpool

With the score in our favour we sat back from there and waited for the perfect moment. It almost came as we rushed forward through Dolberg but his pass was intercepted. Barca countered from there and Suarez was denied by a world class save by Karius. We waited and waited and almost had good chances barring a few timely interceptions. In the end we held on with revenge served cold by sending Barcelona into the Europa League.

Full Time – Barcelona 0 – 1 Liverpool

Milner 10 pen

Lineup: Karius, Gomez (67), Moreno, De Ligt, Matip, Henderson (72), Milner, Coutinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Dolberg (67)

Subs: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold (67), Lovren, Can (72), Wijnaldum, Sturridge, Firmino (67)

RP Leipzig 7 – 5 Shakhtar

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         | Nation| Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | GD    | Pts   |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st   | Q1    | Liverpool    | ENG   | 6     | 4     | 1     | 1     | 12    | 2     | 10    | 13    |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd   | Q2    | RB Leipzig   | GER   | 6     | 2     | 2     | 2     | 13    | 14    | -1    | 8     |

| 3rd   |       | FC Barcelona | ESP   | 6     | 2     | 1     | 3     | 10    | 10    | 0     | 7     |

| 4th   |       | Shakhtar     | UKR   | 6     | 2     | 0     | 4     | 13    | 22    | -9    | 6     |

Thanks mate I feared the worse when we got the draw and never in a million years did I expect Barca to finish 3rd! The draw hasn't been too kind though...

Saturday 9th December 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 16

Newcastle (H)

We welcomed back my former manager Benitez from that famous night in Istanbul and he was given a warm reception by the crowd. We had several chances in this game and it was a wonder how we didn’t score any. Firmino nearly pounced on a mistake in the defense by could only shoot at Darlow. Alexander-Arnold then found himself clean through but shot wide. Newcastle had the ultimate chance to steal the points when Lovren conceded a penalty for a trip on Diamé. Ritchie tried to fool Mignolet but the Belgian keeper did brilliantly to save the penalty.

Half Time – Liverpool 0 – 0 Newcastle

The onslaught carried on in the second half and only god knows how we didn’t score a hatful. Numerous chances fell to Firmino, Salah, Coutinho, Lallana and Wijnaldum but it ended up being one of those days for us.

Full Time – Liverpool 0 – 0 Newcastle

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Lovren, Klavan, Can, Henderson, Lallana (65), Oxlade-Chamberlain (71), Coutinho, Firmino (65)

Subs: Karius, Roberto, De Ligt, Wijnaldum (71), Milner, Salah (65), Dolberg (65)

Man Utd 1 – 0 Tottenham

Bournemouth 3 – 1 Southampton

Burnley 3 – 0 Stoke

Crystal Palace 1 – 3 Watford

Man City 3 – 1 Brighton

West Brom 1 – 1 Huddersfield

West Ham 0 – 2 Chelsea

Tottenham have sacked Mauricio Pochettino after seeing their side fall down to 11th in the table. Carlo Ancelotti is the favourite to replace him.

Sunday 10th December 2017

Everton 1 – 0 Leicester

Arsenal 4 – 1 Swansea

Leicester have sacked Claude Puel after falling into the relegation zone. Roberto Mancini is the bookies favourite to succeed him.

Monday 11th December 2017

The draw for the Uefa Champions League Last 16 has been made and we have been drawn with Juventus.

Tuesday 12th December 2017

Watford 1 – 2 Man Utd

Wednesday 13th December 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 17

Tottenham (A)

The bookies had us as heavy favourites for this one at managerless Spurs but I wasn’t willing to underestimate them. We got a couple of early goals in contrasting styles. The first a simple free-kick by Coutinho was head in by De Ligt for his first goal for the club. Then a sweeping move with what must have been about 20 passes was finished off by Coutinho from Salah’s layoff. The match was as good as over at half time with Milner bagging himself a brace. His first was a penalty after Son shoved Can at a free kick. His second was from the edge of the area from Sturridge’s cross after we passed the ball around in triangles at a throw in.

Half Time – Tottenham 0 – 4 Liverpool

Spurs looked bereft of confidence in the first half but tin the second half they looked anything but. They got a couple of quick goals that got me worried through Son. His first was a volley from Llorente’s cross after Can carelessly gave the ball away. His second goal was a quality strike from the edge of the area after we allowed Llorente to easily head down from a goal kick. We could have had a few more ourselves but for the post denying Oxlade-Chamberlain, then Lloris making a smart save from Salah. Lady luck helped us deny Spurs further goals and give us a deserved win at Wembley.

Full Time – Tottenham 2 – 4 Liverpool

Son 47, 55; De Ligt 14, Coutinho, Milner 31 pen, 41

Lineup: (4-3-3) – Karius, Roberto, Moreno, De Ligt, Matip, Can (56), Milner, Wijnaldum (68), Coutinho (61), Salah, Sturridge

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Henderson (56), Lallana (68), Oxlade-Chamberlain (61), Firmino

Brighton 1 – 2 Crystal Palace

Chelsea 1 – 0 Everton

Huddersfield 0 – 2 Arsenal

Leicester 2 – 0 Man City

Newcastle 0 – 0 Southampton

Stoke 1 – 1 West Ham

Swansea 1 – 2 Burnley

West Brom 1 – 0 Bournemouth

Everton have sacked Gerardo Martino after the defeat at Chelsea left them still in the relegation zone. Roberto Mancini is the bookies favourite to replace him.

Saturday 16th December 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 18

Watford (H)

We struggled to create much in the first half thanks in most to Watford setting up to frustrate us. Karius had to be alert to deny Deeney who outpaced Lovren and tried to beat the keeper at his near post. We got the breakthrough just before half time as Lallana found Oxlade-Chamberlain in acres of space to run into and fire into the bottom corner.

Half Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 Watford

We got a second just after the break as Salah initially set up Robertson for a first time shot was had it blocked. The rebound fell kindly for Salah who blasted by Gomes at the near post. Oxlade-Chamberlain pounced on a mistake in the Watford defense and then put it on a plate for Firmino. The Brazlian somehow smacked the ball against the post when it was easier to score. Watford weren’t showing much ambition and were punished again at the end as De Ligt headed in a free kick to make it 2 in 2 games for the young centre back.

Full Time – Liverpool 3 – 0 Watford

Oxlade-Chamberlain 40, Salah 50, De Ligt 90+1

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Roberto, Robertson (69), Gomez, Lovren, Henderson, Milner (69), Lallana, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Firmino (62)

Subs: Mignolet, Matip, De Ligt (69), Can, Wijnaldum (69), Coutinho, Sturridge (62)

Man City 3 – 1 Chelsea

Arsenal 4 – 0 West Brom

Bournemouth 2 – 0 West Brom

Burnley 1 – 1 Huddersfield

Crystal Palace 2 – 1 Leicester

Everton 0 – 2 Stoke

Man Utd 4 – 0 Brighton

West Ham 2 – 0 Swansea

Southampton 3 – 0 Tottenham

Brighton have sacked manager Chris Hughton after their latest defeat left them at the bottom of the table. Marco Silva is the bookies favourite to replace him. Roberto Firmino gashed his head in the match against Watford and will be out for 8 to 12 days.

Tuesday 19th December 2017

Carabao Cup – Quarter Final

Arsenal (H)

Lots of changes made for this one and we got off to an early lead thanks to Wijnaldum just managing to squeeze the ball in at the near post past Cech. We almost got a second at the half hour mark when Sturridge drifted inside onto his weaker foot and fired just wide. Arsenal should have equalised just before half time when Welbeck was clean through on goal and only had Mignolet to beat. The forward decided to try and chip the keeper but he got back just in time to tip over.

Half Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 Arsenal

We should have doubled our lead ten minutes after the break when Milner found the run of Moreno who only had Cech to beat but the Spaniard shot straight at the goal. Lacazette should have equalised for Arsenal after he beat the offside trap and outpaced Klavan but he could only shoot well wide. Our passage to the semi finals was assured twelve minutes from time when Woodburn sent a through ball into the path of Salah. The Egyptian beat the offside trap and curled the ball around Cech with ease.

Full Time – Liverpool 2 – 0 Arsenal

Wijnaldum 5, Salah 78

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, Gomez, Klavan, Grujic, Wijnaldum (66), Milner (66), Dolberg, Woodburn, Sturridge (73)

Subs: Karius, Roberto (66), De Ligt, Henderson, Lallana (66), Coutinho, Salah (73)

Thursday 21st December 2017

Sadio Mané has returned to full training after spraining his ankle ligaments. Andrew Robertson has sprained his knee ligaments and will be out for 6 to 7 weeks.

Friday 22nd December 2017

The draw for the Carabao Cup Semi Final has been made and we will be playing Hull City. In the other semi final Man Utd will be playing Stoke City.

Saturday 23rd December 2017

Tottenham have hired Jorge Jesus as their new manager from Sporting Lisbon.

Barclays Premier League – Match 19

Brighton (A)

Once again we found ourselves playing a managerless team this time in Brighton. It was a really poor first half as the hosts looked to be parking the bus. The closest we came was via a long range effort by Milner that went over after we broke up a rare venture forward by Brighton.

Half Time – Brighton 0 – 0 Liverpool

The lads got the hairdryer treatment at half time and came out in the second half playing like it too. Soon after the break we got the opening goal we needed when Dolberg sent Salah charging down the right flank. The winger sent in a high cross to the back post that was headed in by Coutinho despite the keeper getting a hand to it. We got a second a few minutes before time after a brilliant through ball by Coutinho found Dolberg and the young striker easily placed the ball past the keeper. Our dominance was firmly reflected in stoppage time once Lallana found Dolberg inside the box and the youngster again easily slotted the ball into the bottom corner.

Full Time – Brighton 0 – 3 Liverpool

Coutinho 52, Dolberg 87, 90+3

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Roberto, Clyne, De Ligt, Lovren, Can (64), Milner, Henderson (69), Salah (69), Coutinho, Dolberg

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Matip, Wijnaldum, Lallana (69), Oxlade-Chamberlain (69), Woodburn (64)

Leicester 0 – 0 Man Utd

Bournemouth 1 – 2 Arsenal

Chelsea 2 – 0 Crystal Palace

Huddersfield 1 – 1 West Ham

Swansea 3 – 0 Everton

Tottenham 3 – 0 Newcastle

Watford 3 – 2 Southampton

West Brom 2 – 2 Burnley

Stoke 0 – 0 Man City

Tuesday 26th December 2017

Everton have appointed Javier Aguire as their new manager.

Barclays Premier League – Match 20

Leicester (A)

Once again we were playing a managerless side in Leicester who have still yet to replace Claude Puel. Would love to say how much of an exciting first half this was, but it was the complete opposite was as nothing at all happened. Both sides looked they were still hungover from Christmas.

Half Time – Leicester 0 – 0 Liverpool

The half time team talk did the trick as we finally woke up and started to play. We took the lead twenty minutes after the break as Salah cut in from the right flank and unselfishly crossed over to Oxlade-Chamberlain who managed to fire past Schmeichel at the near post. Soon after we were two to the good as Dolberg converted a penalty after Oxlade-Chamberlain was tripped. Leicester thought they had pulled one back when Maguire headed in Dragovic’s cross but was ruled offside by the linesman. Five minutes from time we were reduced to ten men as Klavan received a second yellow for a clear trip on Slimani. We got a third goal in stoppage time as Lallana found the run of Salah who in turn outpaced the Leicester defense and crossed in for Moreno to blast in.

Full Time – Leicester 0 – 3 Liverpool

Oxlade- Chamberlain 65, Dolberg 71 pen, Moreno 90+2 Klavan s/o 86

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Moreno, Klavan, Gomez, Can (72), Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mané (64), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge (33)

Subs: Mignolet, De Ligt, Lovren, Henderson (72), Coutinho, Salah (64), Dolberg (33)

Brighton 0 – 0 Southampton

Arsenal 2 – 0 Burnley

Bournemouth 0 – 1 Tottenham

Huddersfield 1 – 1 Everton

Stoke 0 – 2 Crystal Palace

Swansea 1 – 1 Man City

Watford 1 – 1 Newcastle

West Brom 0 – 2 West Ham

Chelsea 0 – 0 Man Utd

Ragnar Klavan has received a two match suspension from all domestic competitions after his red card against Leicester. Trent Alexander-Arnold has also received a one match suspension from all domestic matches after picking up 5 yellow cards.

Wednesday 27th December 2017

Leicester have appointed Ronald Koeman as their new manager.

Saturday 30th December 2017

Barclays Premier League – Match 21

Chelsea (H)

Our final game of 2017 sees us going against our nearest title challengers Chelsea who were 6 points behind us going into this one. A big performance by us in the first half saw us take a big stride towards the title. We almost took the lead through Firmino as he was excellently picked out by Coutinho but he could only hit the post. We eventually took the lead through Milner after a late run into the box was found by Salah and the Englishman placed the ball into the bottom corner. It got better after that as Milner got his second goal from heading in Coutinho’s free kick inside the 6 yard box.

Half Time – Liverpool 2 – 0 Chelsea

Pre match there was talk of Salah playing against his former club and it seemed destined for him to score against them. A neat training ground move saw Firmino layoff for Salah to curl in from the edge of the box in front of the Kop to his delight. Chelsea knew they were well beaten and battened down the hatches from there. An easier win than expected here sees us moving nine points ahead of our rivals and extends our unbeaten league run to 19

Full Time – Liverpool 3 – 0 Chelsea

Milner 14, 40, Salah 61

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Roberto, Moreno (64), De Ligt, Matip, Can, Milner, Coutinho (71), Salah, Mané (64), Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez (64), Lovren, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana (71), Dolberg (64)

Burnley 2 – 1 Bournemouth

Crystal Palace 4 – 0 Swansea

Everton 3 – 0 West Brom

Man City 2 – 1 Huddersfield

Man Utd 1 – 0 Stoke

Newcastle 2 – 0 Brighton

Southampton 1 – 0 Leicester

Tottenham 0 – 0 Watford

West Ham 2 – 2 Arsenal

West Brom have sacked manager Tony Pulis as they dropped down to 17th place. Marco Silva is the bookies favourite to replace him. Brighton have appointed Slaven Bilic as their new manager.

Emre Can has picked up a one match ban for all domestic matches after picking up five yellow cards.

Sunday 31st December 2017

The yearly awards have been released and Loris Karius came 3rd in the Worlds Best Goalkeeper Award. Phillipe Coutinho has been named as a substitute in the World Team of the Year. Mohamed Salah has won the African Footballer of the Year Award after 11 goals and 18 assists in 28 appearances this season. Kasper Dolberg has won the European Golden Boy award.

| Pos| Inf    | Team           | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | GD    | Pts   | Form  |

| 1st|        | Liverpool      | 21    | 16    | 4     | 1     | 52    | 14    | 38    | 52    |       |

| 2nd|        | Crystal Palace | 21    | 14    | 2     | 5     | 37    | 22    | 15    | 44    |       |

| 3rd|        | Chelsea        | 21    | 13    | 4     | 4     | 30    | 15    | 15    | 43    |       |

| 4th|        | Arsenal        | 21    | 11    | 8     | 2     | 45    | 20    | 25    | 41    |       |

| 5th|        | Man City       | 21    | 12    | 5     | 4     | 41    | 20    | 21    | 41    |       |

| 6th|        | Man Utd        | 21    | 9     | 6     | 6     | 28    | 21    | 7     | 33    |       |

| 7th|        | West Ham       | 21    | 8     | 9     | 4     | 28    | 21    | 7     | 33    |       |

| 8th|        | Southampton    | 21    | 9     | 6     | 6     | 28    | 23    | 5     | 33    |       |

| 9th|        | Bournemouth    | 21    | 9     | 3     | 9     | 34    | 31    | 3     | 30    |       |

| 10th|       | Newcastle      | 21    | 8     | 5     | 8     | 26    | 26    | 0     | 29    |       |

| 11th|       | Tottenham      | 21    | 7     | 6     | 8     | 24    | 26    | -2    | 27    |       |

| 12th|       | Burnley        | 21    | 7     | 6     | 8     | 30    | 33    | -3    | 27    |       |

| 13th|       | Watford        | 21    | 6     | 6     | 9     | 30    | 38    | -8    | 24    |       |

| 14th|       | Stoke          | 21    | 6     | 6     | 9     | 16    | 27    | -11   | 24    |       |

| 15th|       | Everton        | 21    | 4     | 5     | 12    | 19    | 36    | -17   | 17    |       |

| 16th|       | Swansea        | 21    | 4     | 5     | 12    | 19    | 36    | -17   | 17    |       |

| 17th|       | West Brom      | 21    | 3     | 8     | 10    | 13    | 32    | -19   | 17    |       |

| 18th|       | Leicester      | 21    | 3     | 6     | 12    | 12    | 29    | -17   | 15    |       |

| 19th|       | Huddersfield   | 21    | 1     | 10    | 10    | 17    | 34    | -17   | 13    |       |

| 20th|       | Brighton       | 21    | 2     | 6     | 13    | 13    | 38    | -25   | 12    |       |

Monday 1st January 2018

Mohamed Salah has won the December Player of the Month after 3 goals in 7 appearances. I have won the Manager of the Month for the third month running after 6 wins in 7 games.

Barclays Premier League – Match 22

Stoke (A)

Lots of changes for this one after only a day break from the Chelsea match. Stoke set up with every man behind the ball so it was just as well we got an early goal. Coutinho whipped in a long range free kick that was headed in by Gomez for his first Liverpool goal. We were given a let off just before the break as Berahino broke the offside trap but could only fire against the post.

Half Time – Stoke 0 – 1 Liverpool

We were given a scare after the break after we failed to clear a Stoke corner and Pieters tapped in from two yards out. We regained our lead ten minutes from time as Wijnaldum initially had his shot saved by Butland but the rebound fell nicely for Salah to tap in. The points were sealed a minute later as Firmino sent Salah running down the right flank. The winger went past one man then kindly passed back to Firmino whose shot got a nice deflection off Shawcross to wrong foot Butland.

Full Time – Stoke 1 – 3 Liverpool

Pieters 69; Gomez 8, Salah 80, Firmino 81

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Lovren, Gomez, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana (64), Oxlade-Chamberlain (69), Coutinho, Dolberg (42)

Subs: Karius, De Ligt, Matip, Roberto, Milner (64), Salah (69), Firmino (42)

Burnley 2 – 2 West Ham

Arsenal 1 – 0 Everton

Brighton 0 – 1 Tottenham

Chelsea 1 – 0 Southampton

Leicester 3 – 1 Newcastle

Swansea 0 – 2 Man Utd

West Brom 0 – 2 Man City

Huddersfield 1 – 0 Crystal Palace

Bournemouth 3 – 0 Watford

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has pulled his hamstring and will be out for 2 to 3 weeks.

3 hours ago, CarlosEsDios said:

It's looking like Palace might make Europe!

They are certainly doing well let's see if they can keep it up!

Saturday 6th January 2018

FA Cup – Third Round

Crewe (A)

We got off to a great start after a few minutes as Mané started a counter attack from a Crewe free kick. The winger sent Woodburn forward and the young Welsh forward outpaced the Crewe defender and laid it on a plate for Dolberg to tap in at the far post. Ten minutes later we got a second as Mané found Dolberg in the box and the striker got his second goal beating the keeper at the near post. Dolberg completed his first Liverpool hat trick on the half hour mark thanks to unselfish work by Woodburn. Mané’s cross wasn’t cleared properly and instead of going for goal himself, Woodburn headed down for Dolberg to place into the far corner. Crewe were reduced to ten men seconds before the break as Bird needlessly put in a reckless two footed challenge on Lallana.

Half Time - Crewe 0 – 3 Liverpool

It was a case of how many more we would get and despite us taking our foot off of the gas, we managed to get a couple more. Dolberg got his fourth of the match on the hour mark as a Wijnaldum cross was poorly cleared. The ball fell sweetly on the volley of Dolberg that took a deflection into the top corner. We got a fifth just before the end as Sturridge played in Mané who beat the offside trap and calmly placed into the bottom corner.

Full Time – Crewe 0 – 5 Liverpool

Bird s/o 45+2; Dolberg 2, 11, 31, 61, Mané 90

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Klavan, Gomez, Grujic (70), Lallana (45), Can, Mané, Woodburn, Dolberg (63)

Subs: Karius, De Ligt, Roberto (70), Milner, Wijnaldum (45), Salah, Sturridge (63)

Monday 8th January 2018

The draw for the FA Cup Fourth Round has been made and we have been drawn away to Sunderland.

Tuesday 9th January 2018

Carabao Cup – Semi Final First Leg

Hull (A)

We got off to a horrendous start as Hull scored after a few minutes. We failed to clear a corner and Bowen found Irvine in space in the box. He in turn played the ball across the six yard box for an easy tap in by Dicko. We almost equalised just before half time on the counter as Salah fired a low cross in that Sturridge could only shoot at the keeper.

Half Time – Hull 1 – 0 Liverpool

The second half was a story of missed chances for us as all our forwards seemed to be having an off day. Salah wasted at least two easy chances from eight yards out and so did Milner, Firmino and Sturridge. We were duly punished by a Hull counter as Bowen found Irvine in the box for him to fire into the top corner. We pulled one back in stoppage time as a Sturridge cross was volleyed into the top corner by Firmino that will give us hope in the second leg.

Full Time Hull 2 – 1 Liverpool

Dicko 2, Irvine 82; Firmino 90+2

Lineup (4-3-3) – Mignolet, Clyne, Moreno, Lovren, Klavan, Henderson, Can (69), Wijnaldum, Mané (50), Dolberg (43), Sturridge

Subs: Karius, De Ligt, Roberto, Milner (69), Lallana, Salah (43), Firmino (50)

Kasper Dolberg will be out for around 3 to 6 weeks after twisting his ankle against Hull. Mohamed Salah will be out for 5 to 10 days after pulling his groin against Hull.

Wednesday 10th January 2018

Carabao Cup – Semi Final First Leg

Man Utd 0 – 1 Stoke

Saturday 13th January 2018

Barcelona have put in an £19.5M bid in for Lovren with it potentially arising to £30M after add ons and clauses which has been accepted.

Barclays Premier League – Match 23

Swansea (H)

Swansea had clearly come to frustrate us by putting ten men behind the ball and to be fair to them it was working. They even took a shock lead as Durm popped up from right wing back and put in a superb cross for Bony to tap in. We was still struggling to create chances but we got a key equaliser just before the break. Henderson found Moreno in space down the left and the Spaniard put in a great cross for Woodburn to head in at the far post.

Half Time – Liverpool 1 – 1 Swansea

The Swansea bus did its job in the second half and reduced us to long range chances from Coutinho and Woodburn but in truth we never did look like scoring.

Full Time Liverpool 1 – 1 Swansea

Woodburn 45+2; Bony 29

Lineup (4-3-3) – Karius, Roberto, Moreno, De Ligt, Matip, Henderson, Milner, Lallana (64), Mané (5), Coutinho (72), Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Can, Wijnaldum (72), Woodburn (5), Sturridge (64)

Sadio Mané will be out for 6-8 days after twisting his knee against Swansea.

Man City 2 - 0 Arsenal

Man Utd 2 – 0 Huddersfield

Southampton 0 – 1 Stoke

Watford 2 – 0 Brighton

West Ham 1 – 0 Bournemouth

Newcastle 1 – 3 Chelsea

Sunday 14th January 2018

Crystal Palace 1 – 0 West Brom

Tottenham 1 – 0 Leicester

West Brom have re-appointed Roberto Di Matteo as their new manager replacing Tony Pulis.

Monday 15th January 2018

Everton 2 – 0 Burnley

Barcelona have completed the signing of Dejan Lovren for a fee of £19.5M with the potential to rise to £30M.

Saturday 20th January 2018

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has resumed full training following a pulled hamstring.

Barclays Premier League – Match 24

West Brom (H)

We next faced struggling West Brom who were likely to be rejuvenated at appointing a new manager. They almost got off to the perfect start as Rondon broke our offside trap and only had Karius to beat but he fired wide. The numbers West Brom had back made it difficult for us and was making for another frustrating afternoon.

Half Time – Liverpool 0 – 0 West Brom

Again in the second half we struggled to make chances but were given a lifeline as a penalty was awarded for a push on Henderson. Can took the penalty instead of the substituted top corner and blasted into the top corner. Rondon almost equalised with a powerful strike that was denied by a world class Karius save. We should have killed the game off through Sturridge and Salah but had to settle for a scrappy 1-0 win.

Full Time – Liverpool 1 – 0 West Brom

Can pen 68

Lineup (4-3-3) - Karius, Roberto, Moreno, Matip, De Ligt, Can, Milner (63), Henderson, Salah, Coutinho (72), Firmino (68)

Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Clyne, Wijnaldum (68), Lallana, Woodburn (72), Sturridge (63)

Man Utd 3 – 0 Arsenal

Brighton 0 – 3 Leicester

Everton 1 – 3 Bournemouth

Newcastle 1 – 1 Swansea

Southampton 0 – 1 Huddersfield

Watford 4 – 2 Chelsea

Man City 2 – 0 West Ham

Swansea have sacked Paul Clement after falling into the relegation zone. Burnley’s Sean Dyche has been named favourite to replace him.

Sunday 21st January 2018

Crystal Palace 0 – 0 Burnley

Tottenham 0 – 2 Stoke

Archived