Sports Interactive Community
Lexis

Tactical Pre Match Briefing

Hello.

Can anyone please explain the intricacies or mechanics of how the pre match tactical briefing actually works?

Thank you.

I read the other day that it doesn't have anymore of an effect than the touchline shouts during a match which are minimal so its probably better either skipping them or leaving to assistant.

They seem completely superfluous from what i can see. I've been leaving them to my assistant for a while now since i realised they don't offer anything substantial. 

In theory the briefing should make players follow the chosen tactical instructions more strictly, but I don't see any practical effect. They would be more effective if we could praise or criticise players based on how they followed the instructions mentioned in these briefings.

I've noticed that the morale of players improves if they agree with what you're saying. I think it's a pretty bad feature. Worst case scenario a waste of time, best case scenario a very awkward and artificial way to get a bonus or two. Yes, let me reiterate that I have chosen a certain option for our next game and boost your morale because you agree with me and/or you play it somewhat better just because I told you once again how we're playing in a tactical briefing. A waste of time and clicks. And keep in mind if they are not likely to agree with you you should probably say nothing as their morale drops, and that's with results proving you right. It's a strangely bad feature in my opinion. I figure it's supposed to allow you to improve something like morale, giving you more control over it, and guide less experienced players in how to approach matches but good golly is it boring and dumb.