Jump to content

[FM 2018] Lower Leagues stadiums modification


Recommended Posts

For those who want basic stadiums, just with stands, this is your mod.

(Make Backups from the original files!)

 

What you need to do:

Use the resource archiver to extract the archive simatchviewer.fmf 

windows: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data

mac:

(user/library/application support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2018/data/) 

(extract it to the desktop, not the original folder, as this does not work)

 

Replace simatchviewer.fmf with the extracted folder simatchviewer  

Inside simatchviewer open the folder stadiums

rename the existing folder 0-10000 to 0-10000 original (just to have it, if you don't like the mods)

Now put the two mods I attached into the folder. 

Rename one of them to 0-10000 and start the game. Watch some matches and try the other mod too.

 

You can add parts from the original folder, if you think you need a roof for example. 

 

 

0-10000 (KUBI version).zip

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I was asking about this a few days back. Thanks a lot!! :thup:

 

Oh, your link doesn't work at the moment :(

Should work now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KUBI said:

For those who want basic stadiums, just with stands, this is your mod. I made two versions, one with just stands around the stadium and one with just main stands. 

(Make Backups from the original files!)

 

What you need to do:

Use the resource archiver to extract the archive simatchviewer.fmf  (game directory /data)  (extract it to the desktop, not the original folder, as this does not work)

Replace simatchviewer.fmf with the extracted folder simatchviewer  

Inside simatchviewer open the folder stadiums

rename the existing folder 0-10000 to 0-10000 original (just to have it, if you don't like the mods)

Now put the two mods I attached into the folder. 

Rename one of them to 0-10000 and start the game. Watch some matches and try the other mod too.

 

You can add parts from the original folder, if you think you need a roof for example. 

 

LowerLeagueStadiums.zip

Is there any way to add 0-1000, 1000-2500 , 2500-5000 and 5000-10000 folders so game can use that?  0-10000 is very wide range and stands should be different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Is there any way to add 0-1000, 1000-2500 , 2500-5000 and 5000-10000 folders so game can use that?  0-10000 is very wide range and stands should be different.

I tried that last year, and did also add this to the config files, but it did not work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I tried that last year, and did also add this to the config files, but it did not work. 

Yeah because you need empty "slot" for trigger the right folder. I tried to rearrange default folders and i had some succes with some workaround.

SI can do this in short time - 3-4 more folders, sia files are already there-just to kombine them and maybe add 2-3 new for low capacity stadium. Problem is only config file.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I'm not a modder and need real dummy guidance. I've installed the Resource Archiver (which I've never used before).

 

1. What files do I need to back up first?

2. Where do I find this:  "the archive simatchviewer.fmf  (game directory /data)"?

The options in the Resource Archiver I can see are 'sounds, views, filters, languages, skins' - and they are all empty, and there is no option to save to desktop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Sorry, I'm not a modder and need real dummy guidance. I've installed the Resource Archiver (which I've never used before).

 

1. What files do I need to back up first?

2. Where do I find this:  "the archive simatchviewer.fmf  (game directory /data)"?

The options in the Resource Archiver I can see are 'sounds, views, filters, languages, skins' - and they are all empty, and there is no option to save to desktop.

go to steam/steamapps/football manager 2018/data folder (i dont have fm18 but this is probably location).

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to replace the simatchviewer.fmf archive with the new simatchviewer folder in the game directory.

It's a bit more complicated this year, as they did "hide" everything into archives.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, no need for that, just put the new folder in the game directory and simatchviewer.fmf on the desktop or in the bin.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to go back, just right click on fm in steam --> properties --> local files -->verify integrity of game gache

This loads all "missed" files again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You just need to understand what's the difference between the archive and the folder:

simatchview.fmf is a compressed archive

using the resource archiver to extract it, you will have a simatchview folder.

Put simatchview.fmf in the bin

Put simatchview folder in the game directory

Now you can replace the stadiums I uploaded to the stadiums folder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, phnompenhandy said:

Right, reinstalled, all okay to continue. No stadium modification, pity about that.

You may try it again, it works if you follow all steps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks very interesting.  Will this replace all stadiums under 10000 capacity with the new basic stadium or how does it work? Some of the under 10000 stadiums in the game don't look too bad and it's just the teams that are not in the playable leagues that have ridiculous looking stadiums. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, priority76 said:

This looks very interesting.  Will this replace all stadiums under 10000 capacity with the new basic stadium or how does it work? Some of the under 10000 stadiums in the game don't look too bad and it's just the teams that are not in the playable leagues that have ridiculous looking stadiums. 

There is some randomness. It replaces most of the smaller stadiums, but there are some variety with bigger stands. I would like to use it for stadiums 2000 and lower capacity, but there is no such option so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KUBI said:

There is nothing documented, most mods are just there because we try and seek. You could do this too.

So, anything is possible? I mean, could the stadium backgrounds (those horrible bland terraced houses and American sized highways) also be modded?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scatterbrook said:

So, anything is possible? I mean, could the stadium backgrounds (those horrible bland terraced houses and American sized highways) also be modded?

These things are in the Mesh folder. You could replace or remove some of them.

Streets are located in the folder outside_scenes with regional diversity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ommerson said:

I'd like to use this mod, but where do I find this resource archiver? I have no idea where to look for it and what it does.

Thanks.

You can load it from steam/tools the same way as the pre-game editor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KUBI said:

You can load it from steam/tools the same way as the pre-game editor.

Thanks, do I need to start a new career for it to be effective? For my savegame it results in pitches with no surroundings or stands at all, just grey matter..

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ommerson said:

Thanks, do I need to start a new career for it to be effective? For my savegame it results in pitches with no surroundings or stands at all, just grey matter..

No, it is not part of the saved game. Try it with my latest version, attached to this post, I will update the initial post too. You just need to re-start the game, clear the cache first.

0-10000 (KUBI version).zip

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KUBI said:

No, it is not part of the saved game. Try it with my latest version, attached to this post, I will update the initial post too. You just need to re-start the game, clear the cache first.

0-10000 (KUBI version).zip

Thanks but I still can't seem to get it right, still grey where surroundins should be. I think I followed your steps correctly but must have missed something:

- I copied simatchviewer to my desktop and unpacked it (also to my desktop) with the archiver. I renamed the fmf  'simatchviewer original' to be safe.

- I replaced the 0-10000 in stadium-folder with yours.

- I copied the simatchviewer folder (unpacked and with your 0-10000) in the game directory and deleted simatchviewer.fmf.

- started FM18 and deleted cashe in preferences.

What did I miss?

Edited by ommerson
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you watch some highlights from different clubs? Because one stadium does only generate a grey area behind the goals. There is a variety of stadiums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KUBI said:

Did you watch some highlights from different clubs? Because one stadium does only generate a grey area behind the goals. There is a variety of stadiums.

I tried two and they were the same. Its not grey like pavement, and not just behind the goals. There's grey everywhere as if no background/stadium was generated. Just sky and grey all over the surface around the pitch as far as the eye can see. 

I do still have a packed and unpacked simatchviewer on my desktop, maybe something is clashing? I'll try again after removing those.

EDIT: Didn't work. Still a pitch floating in grey, also with your newest file.

I tried switching between your 0-1000 folder and the original one (all inside the data/stadium-folder). And all your versions result in a pitch with nothing but dark grey. I switch back to the original and I get the ridiculously large stadium I started with, including landscape, again. That seems to point to something in your 0-10000 folders I guess. 

Apart from your brave attempt to solve this problem it's a silly thing SI never thought of small stadiums. One category for stadiums below 10000 capacity, which is quite big imo, is very little variety. Should have been separated in many more capacities (like 0-500, 500-1000, 1000-2500, 2500-5000, 5000-10000). Sad thing which is a possible game breaker for lower league managers.

Edited by ommerson
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, keeps getting stranger, Kubi. Now I have your one stand stadiums, but the landscape is missing.. I suppose your file has nothing to do with the surrounding landscape, does it?

EDIT: Your older files V1 and V3 do work, with landscape. Sad thing the deleted stands make barren concrete, with fences or walls abrubtly being cut off. Also the player-tunnel is a grey square without terracing. V2 gives the same landscapeless result as your most recent file but with two stands. 

Much better than 4 big stands though!:thup:

Edited by ommerson
Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 27.11.2017 um 21:45 schrieb ommerson:

Hmm, keeps getting stranger, Kubi. Now I have your one stand stadiums, but the landscape is missing.. I suppose your file has nothing to do with the surrounding landscape, does it?

EDIT: Your older files V1 and V3 do work, with landscape. Sad thing the deleted stands make barren concrete, with fences or walls abrubtly being cut off. Also the player-tunnel is a grey square without terracing. V2 gives the same landscapeless result as your most recent file but with two stands. 

Much better than 4 big stands though!:thup:

You can play around with it. Remove stands or add stands from the original file or with the no stands files. Top is the stand in front, right the stand behind the goal and corners do fill up between the stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 12:13, ommerson said:

I tried two and they were the same. Its not grey like pavement, and not just behind the goals. There's grey everywhere as if no background/stadium was generated. Just sky and grey all over the surface around the pitch as far as the eye can see. 

I do still have a packed and unpacked simatchviewer on my desktop, maybe something is clashing? I'll try again after removing those.

EDIT: Didn't work. Still a pitch floating in grey, also with your newest file.

I tried switching between your 0-1000 folder and the original one (all inside the data/stadium-folder). And all your versions result in a pitch with nothing but dark grey. I switch back to the original and I get the ridiculously large stadium I started with, including landscape, again. That seems to point to something in your 0-10000 folders I guess. 

Apart from your brave attempt to solve this problem it's a silly thing SI never thought of small stadiums. One category for stadiums below 10000 capacity, which is quite big imo, is very little variety. Should have been separated in many more capacities (like 0-500, 500-1000, 1000-2500, 2500-5000, 5000-10000). Sad thing which is a possible game breaker for lower league managers.

On FM17 lowest stadium was 2500. There was no difference if you set 1000 or 2000k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2017 at 12:51, KUBI said:

For those who want basic stadiums, just with stands, this is your mod.

(Make Backups from the original files!)

 

What you need to do:

Use the resource archiver to extract the archive simatchviewer.fmf 

windows: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data

mac:

(user/library/application support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Football Manager 2018/data/) 

(extract it to the desktop, not the original folder, as this does not work)

 

Replace simatchviewer.fmf with the extracted folder simatchviewer  

Inside simatchviewer open the folder stadiums

rename the existing folder 0-10000 to 0-10000 original (just to have it, if you don't like the mods)

Now put the two mods I attached into the folder. 

Rename one of them to 0-10000 and start the game. Watch some matches and try the other mod too.

 

You can add parts from the original folder, if you think you need a roof for example. 

 

 

0-10000 (KUBI version).zip

Followed your steps and I get a crash dump when I attempt to start or watch a match.

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 Minute schrieb aaronpassfield:

Followed your steps and I get a crash dump when I attempt to start or watch a match.

It does still work for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It does still work for me.

- I used the resource archiver to extract the simatchviewer.fmf to my downloads folder

- deleted the simatchviewer.fmf file

- moved the extracted files into the same directory as the previously deleted file

- downloaded and extracted your files and moved them into the simatchviewer folder that was extracted overwriting the folder named 0-10000

Have I missed anything?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2017 at 22:01, KUBI said:

No, it is not part of the saved game. Try it with my latest version, attached to this post, I will update the initial post too. You just need to re-start the game, clear the cache first.

0-10000 (KUBI version).zip

@KUBIok so tried your file in the first post a few times now and it crashes everytime. I tried the file in the quoted post and the match runs but where the stands should be it is now just black. Any ideas? I really want to get this working your screens look great.

Edited by aaronpassfield
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...