[FM18] Background pic and boxes transparency

So I would like to change two things in the basic skin to make it more to my liking but don't really know how. Firstly, I would like to know how to change the background picture and secondly i would like to know if there's a way to set the transparency for those boxes in the attached screenshot below. Want to change the bg pic to solid grey color and make the boxes almost fully transparent. If anyone could help me with it, that would be great.

home.png

Edited by mackos7

If you want to replace the background on all screens easiest way is to create an image of the colour you want call it default and place it in the graphics\backgrounds folder for your skin, that will then overide the default image. (Or you can switch the Dark Skin as that has backgrounds disabled anyway).

To make the boxes transparent it depends on whether you just want the ones on that screen or all panels like that transparent.

If you want all of that type transparent on every screen just create the following folders inside the folder for the skin you are using; \graphics\boxes\subsection\standard

And then in an image editing program that supports transparency create a fully transparent png file called paper and place it in that folder, then copy it and rename the copy paper_disabled.

If you only want them changed on that panel then you'll need to extract and edit the 'manager home selector panel' xml file found in the panels\human folder

Locate this line near the top:

<container class="subsection_box" id="SUBP">

And change it to read:

<container class="subsection_box" id="SUBP" appearance="boxes/subsection/transparent/paper">

And that should make them transparent.

• 2 months later...

C68xkNz.png  pMMTbp0.jpgy4WPyNF.jpg                              

How do i get these boxes transparent ?? I want them to be nearly full transparent . I have tried to edit every single "paper.png" file in all directories :
(Then i have been able to get some of the backgrounds transparent but not the boxes shown on examples in this post)

\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\boxes\subsection\standard
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\boxes\subsection\transparent
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\boxes\subsection\solid
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\boxes\subsection\no margin
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\boxes\custom\background
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\cfm\cfm club overview details panel team report
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\cfm\cfm club overview panel
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\cfm\cfm competitions
\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\cfm\cfm manager home

I have even tried to edit some of the codes in "settings.XML" file , then I have managed to change the colcor of these boxes , but not getting them transparent. What am I doing wrong? 

• 5 months later...
Am 12.11.2017 um 21:15 schrieb michaeltmurrayuk:

If you want to replace the background on all screens easiest way is to create an image of the colour you want call it default and place it in the graphics\backgrounds folder for your skin, that will then overide the default image. (Or you can switch the Dark Skin as that has backgrounds disabled anyway).

To make the boxes transparent it depends on whether you just want the ones on that screen or all panels like that transparent.

If you want all of that type transparent on every screen just create the following folders inside the folder for the skin you are using; \graphics\boxes\subsection\standard

And then in an image editing program that supports transparency create a fully transparent png file called paper and place it in that folder, then copy it and rename the copy paper_disabled.

If you only want them changed on that panel then you'll need to extract and edit the 'manager home selector panel' xml file found in the panels\human folder

Locate this line near the top:

<container class="subsection_box" id="SUBP">

And change it to read:

<container class="subsection_box" id="SUBP" appearance="boxes/subsection/transparent/paper">

And that should make them transparent.

Hey michael,

its not working for me tho. I downloaded the base skin, want to put background in there, named the picture default.jpg but still its not loading

2 hours ago, br0L1x said:

Hey michael,

its not working for me tho. I downloaded the base skin, want to put background in there, named the picture default.jpg but still its not loading

Make sure you have placed the file in the graphics/backgrounds folder for the skin and make sure the file is just called default (the .jpg bit should only be showing if you have file extensions turn on in windows)

Also make sure you've switched to the Base Skin in game and have turned off the skin cache and selected the always reload skin button. If you are using the Dark Base Skin then you'll also need to carry out the instructions in that thread to make the backgrounds visible in the Dark skin as the background is hidden by default in the dark skin.