Sports Interactive Community
Jogo Bonito

FM18: The English Football League Thread - EFL in FM18

On 26/09/2018 at 03:05, Jogo Bonito said:

@LooseFirstTouch I struggle with most aspects of defending in FM in the last few years, although it used to be my managerial strength.

They seem like decent signings, hopefully a few little tweaks will see you back in the play-off hunt.

Thanks mate. Yeah, defending is tricky, so much so that after a 0-0 draw with Bolton (I think it was Bolton) I've been sacked.

Starting another C'ship save though, this time with Fulham. Have had a closer look at the squad this time, and after the defensive problems with Leeds, I'm going to run with a 442 with two deep DMs. 

This should work, because Fulham have pace all over the show. That means I can set up the front four to be speedsters, and I'll have a sitting DM and either a DLP or REG to ping long balls up the pitch. 

Hopefully we'll get the defence a bit better this time, and it might go a little more smoothly.

Edited by LooseFirstTouch

@LooseFirstTouch Sorry to hear you got sacked at Leeds. I had a great time with Fulham, although again I found central defence needed some early additions. Best of luck with them anyway!

Hi i'm a new FM player and thought that managing Wolves would be a good first save as they have some really good players for the championship, I brought andre andre from FC porto due to him being a really verstaile player as he can play at almost any team role in the midfield area, i also brought in michael lang to rotate with doherty.

nZZOd6.png

I was Surprised with how well i have done in my first season as i went unbeaten in almost 30 games, and won the carabao cup!

zXXq6z.png

kcelwS.png

So now I'm starting my 2018/19 season with a europa league qualification and a promotion to the Premier League.

Sorry @JackEvans I missed this, but well done and hopefully you'll continue FM18 or come back for FM19!

On that note, thanks to all for your great contributions to the thread again this year :applause:

Thanks for creating this great thread @Jogo Bonito, it’s been enjoyable sharing career stories with everyone. 

Haven’t had a chance to play FM18 for other a month as I’ve been travelling with work, but looking forward to getting started on FM19 when I’m back next month! 

5 hours ago, DefinitelyTaylor said:

Looking forward to the FM19 thread, as I imagine one will be created be yourself again, @Jogo Bonito? :) 

Well, I have good news, and bad news :D.

The good news is that there will definitely be an FM19 version of this thread; the bad news is that Jogo, after doing it for many years, has signalled to the bench for a substitution and wondered if I'd do it. So I'm honoured - and somewhat daunted - to pick up the baton. They're big shoes to fill but I'll do my best; this was by a long distance my favourite thread of the last year.

So now that the question has been broached, I was planning on waiting until the full release, just in case anything of substance changes between now and then (there are often some changes re: player ratings, transfer values, etc after beta). But if there's a clamour for the new thread immediately, I'm happy to get to it in the next few days.

Thanks for the kind words @warlock but I have every confidence you'll do a grand job. I look forward to contributing as we begin a new era :applause:

57 minutes ago, warlock said:

Well, I have good news, and bad news :D.

The good news is that there will definitely be an FM19 version of this thread; the bad news is that Jogo, after doing it for many years, has signalled to the bench for a substitution and wondered if I'd do it. So I'm honoured - and somewhat daunted - to pick up the baton. They're big shoes to fill but I'll do my best; this was by a long distance my favourite thread of the last year.

So now that the question has been broached, I was planning on waiting until the full release, just in case anything of substance changes between now and then (there are often some changes re: player ratings, transfer values, etc after beta). But if there's a clamour for the new thread immediately, I'm happy to get to it in the next few days.

Haha, good luck! Get it up immediately I say. :lol: