Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Simple questions about editing - just ask in this thread

Recommended Posts

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DementedHammer:

I seem to have forgotten how to do something really simple.

In the nation rules in the basic editor, if I click on Divisions > [Sub Division Name]  > Sub Divisions, I get the list of sub divisions displayed in a table on the right hand pane. However, if I click the Add button to add another competition to the sub division, the Belgian Pro A league always gets added, and I can see no way to modify this to the competition of my choosing.  

image.thumb.png.80c821e77cc6ae772091b2b3c387ebcd.png

The Belgian A league is just the first in the db and is added by default. You need to select it and then you can change it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KUBI said:

The Belgian A league is just the first in the db and is added by default. You need to select it and then you can change it. 

Stupid question number 2, but where/how do I select it to change it? That's the bit that I can't seem to figure out. It should be so simple, so I must be overlooking something. 

Edited by DementedHammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, this is my first time so hopefully I'm posting this in the right thread. Could someone help me in how I could customize the squad registration rules for Champions league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine I created a club in FM18. I experimented a lot with kits and found what I liked. When I move the file to FM19, the some of the changes are failed changes (all of them are kits related).

How do you guys work with failed changes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's 'Other Income' and how does it affect finances? I tried looking through various Championship sides to get an understanding, they're all so vastly different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I've dabbled over the years with the editor. I know a little but don't know a lot. This is what I plan to do and I'd appreciate advice wether it is possible or if I'm dreaming.

 

If I'm in the wrong part forum then feel free to move it. 

 

Looking only at Europe, I want to scrap the current way the European competitions work and how teams qualify for them. 

 

I want the league champions to qualify for a knockout European Cup. 

 

I then want the second placed team to qualify for a knockout UEFA Cup. 

 

And then I want to have a playoff for another UEFA Cup spot. The amount of teams in the European playoffs will depend on the size of the league. So an 18 or 20 team league will involve 4 teams in a semi final and final playoff. And a smaller league like say 12 teams would just involve a 2 team playoff final. 

 

I will also create a European Cup winners Cup. 

 

So that's the dream. I want to know the best way to go about this. Can I just rewrite the league format without scrapping the existing ones? Or if I have to create a brand new top league in a country can I keep elements of the old league (e.g. Disciplinary rules, squad rules). Also if it's the case that I have to create a new league is it possible to have the lower divisions that are already in the game to feed into the newly created leagues? (Eg promotion from the championship into the newly created English premier league).

 

I have probably got a million more questions but I'm typing this quickly on my break at work, so it'll do for now 🙂

 

Any help or comments, as always, appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Ok, I've dabbled over the years with the editor. I know a little but don't know a lot. This is what I plan to do and I'd appreciate advice wether it is possible or if I'm dreaming.

 

If I'm in the wrong part forum then feel free to move it. 

 

Looking only at Europe, I want to scrap the current way the European competitions work and how teams qualify for them. 

 

I want the league champions to qualify for a knockout European Cup. 

 

I then want the second placed team to qualify for a knockout UEFA Cup. 

 

And then I want to have a playoff for another UEFA Cup spot. The amount of teams in the European playoffs will depend on the size of the league. So an 18 or 20 team league will involve 4 teams in a semi final and final playoff. And a smaller league like say 12 teams would just involve a 2 team playoff final. 

 

I will also create a European Cup winners Cup. 

 

So that's the dream. I want to know the best way to go about this. Can I just rewrite the league format without scrapping the existing ones? Or if I have to create a brand new top league in a country can I keep elements of the old league (e.g. Disciplinary rules, squad rules). Also if it's the case that I have to create a new league is it possible to have the lower divisions that are already in the game to feed into the newly created leagues? (Eg promotion from the championship into the newly created English premier league).

 

I have probably got a million more questions but I'm typing this quickly on my break at work, so it'll do for now 🙂

 

Any help or comments, as always, appreciated.

You need to recreate everything. Its huge job -be prepared to solve many issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SammyRai said:

What's 'Other Income' and how does it affect finances? I tried looking through various Championship sides to get an understanding, they're all so vastly different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, grade said:

Imagine I created a club in FM18. I experimented a lot with kits and found what I liked. When I move the file to FM19, the some of the changes are failed changes (all of them are kits related).

How do you guys work with failed changes?

If kit changes are failed then i guess SI changed again the coding way like 3-4 years ago. I will check this later when i get back home and will let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a quicker way to give league sorting rules and squad selection rules etc for all leagues then having to add them individually to each one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

If kit changes are failed then i guess SI changed again the coding way like 3-4 years ago. I will check this later when i get back home and will let you know.

But I wish to know how to fix those failed changes of Kits. Do I simply search for the clubs who have those failed changes and delete them on the changes tab under the club? Do I do something else? Do I ignore it? 

Not sure what is the right procedure for failed changes and how to fix them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually like to do a slightly less ambitious version of what 'Appy 'Ammer is after. Specifically, I'd like to level off country coefficients permanently, so that each country gets the same number of teams entered into the Champions League / UEFA Cup, then I'd like to level off club coefficients permanently, so seeding no longer has any effect when groups are being drawn. Is this even possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grade said:

But I wish to know how to fix those failed changes of Kits. Do I simply search for the clubs who have those failed changes and delete them on the changes tab under the club? Do I do something else? Do I ignore it? 

Not sure what is the right procedure for failed changes and how to fix them.

upload your file and send message- i will check this for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone. A quick question that I hope is easy to solve: I've created a league combining the Dutch and Belgian leagues under the flag of Luxembourg. While everything including promotion and relegation to North/South leagues works fine, I just noticed that none of my clubs are qualifying for European games. I upped the reputation of my league to fit nicely around the 10th spot in Europe and the rule-set allows the top couple teams to qualify but I get a bunch of teams that cannot qualify. This "error" goes for 100% of the teams currently in the league.

exclusions.thumb.png.08c0e0ab1ed3c95680d5679d4bba2757.png(it says: "exclusions" and "ineligible")

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Stunden schrieb grade:

But I wish to know how to fix those failed changes of Kits. Do I simply search for the clubs who have those failed changes and delete them on the changes tab under the club? Do I do something else? Do I ignore it? 

Not sure what is the right procedure for failed changes and how to fix them.

If you check the clubs you will see that the editor adds a lot of additional black home kits. I have also seen a lot of clubs losing the club colours. They did change something under the hood with clubs/kits. In my own db I added now random kits to the clubs, that work fine for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KUBI said:

If you check the clubs you will see that the editor adds a lot of additional black home kits. I have also seen a lot of clubs losing the club colours. They did change something under the hood with clubs/kits. In my own db I added now random kits to the clubs, that work fine for me. 

Upload your file and i will check what caused failed changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Upload your file and i will check what caused failed changes.

Sent you a PM with the file.

It is base file, where I simply add stadiums, Clubs and leagues before making the actual pyramid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening,

1st time posting on these forums. 

I've created two "super" clubs 1 for me and 1 for my dad, by duplicating players and then removing the originals. However when I come to load the teams in game, the squad is full of players with the correct attributes / ages etc but none of them have names?

What do I need to change, as in the editor the names are displayed

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To replicate real life, I need to add 2 more teams to the Croatian Junior League and amend who takes parts.

Add: Hadjuk U19, Rudes U19 and Dugopolje U19.
Take out: Split U19

Do I need to use the advanced editor for this? I can't figure it out using standard editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

Juventus has a reserve team called correctly Juventus U23, but the "team type" in the editor is set to "B Team".....if I change it to U23 Team, does this affect anything in the game (different rules,etc...) or just the name diplayed on the left menu?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you can make a Cup Final at a specific Stadium, but is there a way to specify that the Final be played at the Ground of the Holders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 7 Stunden schrieb Viking:

Is there a way to add and remove player names from the data base (IE names given to newgens)?

Not directly, but you can add staff like referees. When you are using the same surname at least 3 times, the game will use it for generating new staff/players in the future or when you use add players to empty clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 11:15, seanydude said:

I've swapped Celtic with An EPL team (Cardiff) to give myself more of a long term game. I'm in the second season and showing as ineligible for Europe. How long will this last for or will I never be able to play in europe?

Anyone? into season 3 now and still ineligible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 4 Stunden schrieb seanydude:

Anyone? into season 3 now and still ineligible

It's probably because Celtic is still a Scotish team and not eligible to qualify in England. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The COPA libatadores has talked rumours of allowing MLS team in.  It is worth trying to do this in FM.  The continetal cup rules used to be terrible to amend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 
Hello everybody I have a problem and although I deleted my editor file in the editor. Is there a chance to restore this file or is it lost? There were almost 10,000 changes

 

Greetz

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 10 Stunden schrieb s-d-b:

 

 

Hello everybody I have a problem and although I deleted my editor file in the editor. Is there a chance to restore this file or is it lost? There were almost 10,000 changes

 

Greetz

 

 

Only a small chance with file recovery software. If you make that many changes always use some kind of incremental saves and first of all - make backups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully a simple answer.

As in previous years I have added players and simply saved as 'picked a file name'.

Then loaded the game up and changed the database from the current one to the file I named, this year, nothing is showing....nothing, the box doesnt show anything apart from the current version.

What simple thing am I missing? Does the above make sense?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 40 Minuten schrieb nastymiller:

Hopefully a simple answer.

As in previous years I have added players and simply saved as 'picked a file name'.

Then loaded the game up and changed the database from the current one to the file I named, this year, nothing is showing....nothing, the box doesnt show anything apart from the current version.

What simple thing am I missing? Does the above make sense?

 

Check if the file is saved in the right directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't even find the files anywhere - been in my folders and also the steam ones - have not a scooby where they are!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve created my own database with my own league structure in the nation of England, from the Prem to the National League, then 5 divisions below that full of non league teams. Everything loads fine when I start the game however from August-October there is a league fixture every Saturday and Tuesday without fail. I understand they need to fill in some midweek matches but I was wondering if there was a way to add them so they are spread across the season and not just every Tuesday for the first 3 months, in addition to this how can I add a Boxing Day fixture to this list? Thanks for any feedback!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 23 Minuten schrieb TheDuck24:

How do I fix this?

Screenshot_4.png

Export the file in the editor, this will generate a xml file. Load this in to the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheDuck24 said:

How do I fix this?

Screenshot_4.png

I think it shows up when you switch to advanced rules and just save the editor file without veryfying -  just verify then save, should be okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2018 at 20:06, Mandy42 said:

Good evening,

1st time posting on these forums. 

I've created two "super" clubs 1 for me and 1 for my dad, by duplicating players and then removing the originals. However when I come to load the teams in game, the squad is full of players with the correct attributes / ages etc but none of them have names?

What do I need to change, as in the editor the names are displayed

Thanks in advance

any ideas with this? as i've been back in and can't see anything obvious as to why the names are showing in the editor but not in the game when i use the file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have encountered problem with editing players and adding nation rule in the same file and when I try putting it in different editor save files only one will be accepted by the game. I will really appreciate your help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 23.11.2018 um 07:09 schrieb Mercy Roy:

I have encountered problem with editing players and adding nation rule in the same file and when I try putting it in different editor save files only one will be accepted by the game. I will really appreciate your help 

The game does only accept one league file with league rules. If you want to load another league file from the same nation, you better edit the league rules in that file and use a second file with just data changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this is in the right place or not... BUT... I've made myself a slightly tweaked database to play with, and can't see how to use it. Previous versions of FM, its been easy. But in this one, not so much. In the top-right of the "Career Game Setup" screen there is a greyed-out database drop down with "19.1.0 update" listed, which gives the impression that this is where I should be able to select it. But the feature doesn't seem to work.. Any suggestions, please? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue where i've recreated Gheorghe Hagi as a player. But once i've loaded a new game with the .fmf files selected, he doesn't show up. In the editor theres no errors. he's selected for his nation. i've even loaded the romanian league's to see if that would work but no joy. Any ideas? 

Attached .fmf file

Gheorghe Hagi - Legends of the Game.fmf

 

Now resolved i had him in the wrong team with a rep of 1, changed to correct team and boom!!

Edited by Imadinnerjacket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either I've been awake for too long or I'm going crazy here: How do you search in the pre-game editor for players homegrown in a certain nation? I was certain all I had to do was this:

lC8Y5Av.jpg

 

But Kevin Mbabu (just a random name to test with as I know he's homegrown in England) doesn't show up. The worst part is I'm certain that filter worked yesterday, but I guess I must be mistaken. What would the correct search be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at Kevin Mbabu his second nation is DRC not ENG.

I can't see a way of searching for homegrown status. Isn't it about how many days that player has been in said country and that depends on the rules of that country. So its something you can set, but not search for, daft. I could be missing something though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Imadinnerjacket said:

Looking at Kevin Mbabu his second nation is DRC not ENG.

I can't see a way of searching for homegrown status. Isn't it about how many days that player has been in said country and that depends on the rules of that country. So its something you can set, but not search for, daft. I could be missing something though

Yeah it's "days trained in nation", but I'm at a loss here. Doesn't seem to be a way to search for it, which to me is just weird. I can't be the only one who'd want to search for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am trying to create a "flexible format" where teams are promoted/relegated based on performance in the league.
The league should then get bigger / smaller automatically.

So far I can get it to work that if there is an 8 point gap the Relegation Places increase from 0 to 1 using "Alternate Fate Places"

image.thumb.png.40ab04260d21409b92b6b5ed4c8ddc48.png

Does anyone know if I can do anything to prevent a Lower Division Team from being automatically Promoted to replace a Relegated Team?
Otherwise the league just stays the same size!

I can easily set it up for 1st and 2nd for Promotion, but can it be set up to check last and second to last for Relegation?
How I have it now, it creates Relegation when the gap is in the middle of the league, which I don't want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how to change the club colour for the main heading in game. As in I'm changing the text and kit colour in the editor but the changes are not taking effect when playing the game.

 

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what's the default limit of child comps in nation rules? and how to change it eventually?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...