Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerade eben schrieb bragin2951:

Oops, my bad. Can you you tell, what range of reputation for amateur teams is?

It depends on the general league reputation, but usually between 200 and 1000.

3 teams are relegated from higher division to lower division (with 3 groups). Can you set these teams to be put randomly (last team can be in 1st, 2nd or 3rd group)?. Because some regional divisions have lower divisions under them and It doesn't matter what division (1,2 or 3) the team was relegated to.

I'm trying to edit a custom database made my Morrissey for my own personal use. I'm just wanting to make a promotion from 1 league to another and vice versa a relegation. When I set it all up, it returns errors about not having the same promoted as relegated despite me copying other league rules the exact same way. 

I then seen he posted on Steam that the only way to edit and save his files is to manually verify DB files. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some advice on how to manually verify them, rather than using the editor. Much appreciated.

Jamie

how to make a new nation enters the UEFA Nations League and World Cup or European Championship Qualifiers ? in the previous edition, we can replace them with one or two nations to another continent, like a Israel or Kazakhstan joined Asian continent.. is there anyone in here who can give me a solution ? thank you very much..

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 00:44, DeJarnoxD said:

Dutch, Canadian, Chinese, German, ... How to load them all?

On the page where you select nations to manage from

Top Right corner is an approx. player count

click that and select Nation

choose relevant options

add everything in the new lists you have (the player count should go up a small amount each time)

and yes, it's not that obvious, took me several restarts to work out how to do this

I've made a european superleague and everything works fine expect one thing, all the players start getting the luxembourg nationality (i've based the league there) instead of the club's real nationality (ex. Chelsea England). How do i stop this?

I've tried checking the advanced editor options but found nothing.

Edited by DMaster2

vor 9 Minuten schrieb birkelse:

HI anyway to change 5 subs in Danske Bank Premiership  or NIFL Premiership  ?   Will make it 7 subs, if it can be done ?

Possible if you use the advanced rules. You need to find the fixture rules for subs and change it the way you want it.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb One hell of a keeper:

@KUBII'm thinking about creating a 1992-1993 database at the birth of the Premier League and was wondering how close could i get it to the real deal.

So for example league structures, european cups to match what the rules and structures where at that time?

There are some retro dbs available for FM 2015 or 17. This could give you an impression, what is possible and what not.

https://www.fmscout.com/a-retro-1992-database-fm15.html

Hi. I recently made a custom Italian League system and decided that I'd implement a B team system to replace the under 20's and run with a B team and under 19 league system but, I am having an issue with the game creating an under 19 system even though i've ticked not to create them. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks.

Hi guys.  I really want to play as Preston North End, but they don't have an u23 team in a league.  I enjoy developing youth and obviously it's pretty hard to do that with only an u18 squad.  Can someone please explain to me how I can use the editor to create a Preston u23 team and put them in a competitive league?  Thanks

Hi. Im trying to get used to the editor. I have some basic questions.

1. Is it possible to search for players which have played in Norway for minimum 1 day? I can find it when looking at a specific player, but not when im searching for players. 

2. Is it possible to search for players which is from either Norway, Sweden og Denmark? It seems like the only opportunity is to search for one country at a time.

3. I can't seem to find a column that show a players exact birthdate? I can only find a column showing his age.

I am using the English leagues to level 10 pack created by lionelmessi

I want to add some county cups but am not quite sure how to do this. The Birmingham senior cup for instance is a mix of pro clubs u23 sides and semi pro clubs first teams. Is there any way I can find a quick "how to" guide to create such competitions.

I've had a look on the editor but am a complete novice.

Thanks 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Wolvesfcfan:

I am using the English leagues to level 10 pack created by lionelmessi

I want to add some county cups but am not quite sure how to do this. The Birmingham senior cup for instance is a mix of pro clubs u23 sides and semi pro clubs first teams. Is there any way I can find a quick "how to" guide to create such competitions.

I've had a look on the editor but am a complete novice.

Thanks 

Best way is to download a db file that contains county cups, like the Dan's English level 22 file. To learn how to do it the 2017 is fine, the 2018 file will be released soon.

Am 7.2.2018 um 11:01 schrieb ivolga:

hi, boyz!

How to add competition level over 20 in fm editor18?

In previous version i edited comp.xml file. But now i couldnt find it

This is st ill possible, you need to extract the file comp editor.fmf with the Resource Archiver.

On 04.02.2018 at 23:01, allankjaergaard said:

Hi. Im trying to get used to the editor. I have some basic questions.

1. Is it possible to search for players which have played in Norway for minimum 1 day? I can find it when looking at a specific player, but not when im searching for players. 

2. Is it possible to search for players which is from either Norway, Sweden og Denmark? It seems like the only opportunity is to search for one country at a time.

3. I can't seem to find a column that show a players exact birthdate? I can only find a column showing his age.

1. i think no

2. use operator OR instead AND http://joxi.ru/p27b9jC0V67Zm7

3. no

vor 7 Stunden schrieb IsthmianCorinthian14:

What is the best way to merge a database based on 18.1 to the newest database?

I am thinking about the issue of avoiding dublicates - and to avoid creating the database all from scratch.

Just load the editor, make one small change. After that the merging option is available. It does merge all the data you changed into the new db. Save it with a different name.

12 hours ago, gln807 said:

Is there a way that a retired person in the FM editor, can have back all his stats? Ex: Alan Shearer, can I have back his playing history with goals etc or I have to insert them my self?

As far as I know there is not a way. If the person have been in a previous FM game, going back and looking at his stats in the editor for that years version is probably the best option.

I need help and I have maybe stupid question but...

I create Soviet Union High League and Soviet Union Lower League. On start league have 20 teams (4x5 teams group) and best three go to next round (elite league stage), teams in 4th and 5th place go to lower league stage. Patch is ok with all (I set-up all what I want) but I have one "problem"... just visual problem:

WQ2nDFe.png

How to delete Lower League from there? This is different competitions. :/ 

Apologies if this is already answered in the thread... as my username implies, I'm lazy.

I have created a European Super League with fictional clubs - each capital city gets a club.

The league is based in Andorra. Everything is working fine except, the newgen names are all Andorran. For example, the Welsh club has generated Welsh players... but they have Andorran names. 

I have the "based nation" of each club as their respective nation. I have a home ground assigned to each club in their based nation. I can't think of what else to change?

Help!

---------------------

Good news... it seems to have resolved itself. I ran another test and the newgen names now appear correct for each club. Weird.

--------------------

Edited by LazyFig

Hi! I have a quick question. I am thinking of making a continental cup with 24 teams in total. the general layout is 6 groups of 4 teams. I am thinking that the 2 best teams in each group plus the 4 best third place teams will advance to the knockout stage (this to make the math correct). My question is can I get this done only using the the basic continental rules section? for example if I use the premises: total teams: 24 and teams qualifying for next round 16, will editor make this happen or do i have to use advanced rules to make it happen?

Edited by dbjerkan

On 2/16/2018 at 00:23, SlobaFMB said:

I need help and I have maybe stupid question but...

I create Soviet Union High League and Soviet Union Lower League. On start league have 20 teams (4x5 teams group) and best three go to next round (elite league stage), teams in 4th and 5th place go to lower league stage. Patch is ok with all (I set-up all what I want) but I have one "problem"... just visual problem:

WQ2nDFe.png

How to delete Lower League from there? This is different competitions. :/ 

Upload your file and i will take a look...

6 hours ago, dbjerkan said:

Hi! I have a quick question. I am thinking of making a continental cup with 24 teams in total. the general layout is 6 groups of 4 teams. I am thinking that the 2 best teams in each group plus the 4 best third place teams will advance to the knockout stage (this to make the math correct). My question is can I get this done only using the the basic continental rules section? for example if I use the premises: total teams: 24 and teams qualifying for next round 16, will editor make this happen or do i have to use advanced rules to make it happen?

You need to use advanced editor.

How do I keep the reserve sides out of the cup? Added a couple of reserve teams in the (self made) league structure, but they also play in the cups.

Edit: Solved

How do I change the stadium of my youth team? They play in the main stadium, but I would like to see them play in the same stadium as my reserves.

Edit1: Solved as well (I'm a genius lol)

Edited by Sophomore

Hi, am getting really frustrated here, am trying to add a new team to the premier league, I have replaced Newcastle, made them extinct and put my team in. I replaced my team as winners of the championship previous season, in the competition section of the club have put previous division as championship and new season as premier league. I have also swapped Leeds with Huddersfield and when i go back and try and load a game, England disappears. I have deleted the game, deleted the documents, re-installed the game, same thing. I've ticked all databases and I've ticked 1 database, but same result! I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

How can I make it so my leagues use squad numbers? 

I have gone into the advanced editor and ticked the "Uses Squad Numbers" box for each league, but when I test the file, teams are not using squad numbers. 

@cel1234 is also having this issue.

Edited by Kanwulf

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Kanwulf:

How can I make it so my leagues use squad numbers? 

I have gone into the advanced editor and ticked the "Uses Squad Numbers" box for each league, but when I test the file, teams are not using squad numbers. 

@cel1234 is also having this issue.

This works for me. I did tick both boxes.

squad numbers.jpg

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

This works for me. I did tick both boxes.

squad numbers.jpg

Yeah, I have that box ticked for each league and teams still aren't using squad numbers :(

I attached a link to the file in case someone has the time to take a look for me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4da87ej7atvqyti/Macedonia_18.3.fmf

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

Yeah, I have that box ticked for each league and teams still aren't using squad numbers :(

I attached a link to the file in case someone has the time to take a look for me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4da87ej7atvqyti/Macedonia_18.3.fmf

Thanks!

Nevermind, after messing about with the Advanced Editor... I fixed the issue :D

8 hours ago, dillonbarrett1997 said:

hello, on the new update it will not allow me to use my Macedonia add on leagues, any way to fix that?

Are you the lad who contacted me on twitter earlier? 

If not, then I am just about to upload a new version of the file that will be compatible with 18.3 :) 

I've been trying to edit Germany for a save I want to do. I want to get rid of the selection rules for the Bundesliga (German First Division). I found the fixture rules that is supposed to correspond with the Bundesliga, but it's blank. However, in game there are still selection rules. I've done this for the english leagues and it works fine. What's up with Germany?

Hello,

Is there any way to dictate what teams get relegated/promoted from a division?- basically I've just bought the game but want to start from the 2018/19 season and I want it to be realistic so have the teams that are likely to get promoted in the division when I start (i.e- Wolves in the premier league, West Brom in the championship).

I've tried using the editor to update the 'Teams for next season' option with the realistic teams for every division- but when I go on holiday and come back at the start of the 2018/19 season different teams have been promoted/relegated.

Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

How do I remove Homegrown Status 9/9 rule from Liga MX (Mexican League)? I looked in Advanced Rules in Editor but I cannot find that rule.

How can I add the Mexican First Division competition in EPL or La Liga? I want to test out how the team would fair.

Thank you!