Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a custom team mod with a preset stadium move configured to happen in 2025. It works but the new stadium also replaces the old youth ground and I don't want it to do that, I want the youth ground to remain the same.

I tried configuring a Youth Ground move back to the old ground for the day after the stadium move to set them back but that just broke the entire stadium move and made it not happen. The stadium still existed but the team didn't move there.

Is there any way to do this or do I just have to live with it?

1 hour ago, Supermercado99 said:

How do you add an 'of the month' award? All the AI monthly awards are set to invalid and due to no better option I tried the same with my awards but they were never handed out.

image.png.2581d88501c23cbe2a012d288c47e68a.png

I just copy one working "on the month" award and make the changes to the league I want the new award.  That's always works.

if I try to make one (the monthly award) from scratch putting the same options it never works.

Hello and sorry for a very basic question. I've never used the editor before, but after downloading FM21 Pre-Game editor, I don't see any clues for a beginner to work out how to do simple changes.

All I want to do is have the option to terminate player loans without waiting for 28 days. What I want to do is be able to set up a new game, and choose which loan players I keep at my club. I assume this is possible? 

If it makes it easier, this edit rule can be set for English leagues only. It can be either for active manager only or for AI managers too (doesn't matter either way to me). 

Please could somebody direct me to where and how this can be done? And kindly make any responses as clear and simple as possible, because I am very clueless on doing this. I might even need help on how I implement any edits in to my save game too.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: If wanting something like the above, would it also be possible to have a way that permanently contracted players can just be removed from the club too? Are these Pre-Game Editor or In-Game Editor options? As you may be able to tell, I have never used either of these editors.

Edited by Jogo Bonito

2 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

All I want to do is have the option to terminate player loans without waiting for 28 days. What I want to do is be able to set up a new game, and choose which loan players I keep at my club. I assume this is possible? 

You want the In-game editor for this, it will let you terminate loans and release players unconditionally among lots of other things.

Honestly i think the In-Game editor is indispensable because it lets you compensate for bugs and correct egregious slip-ups with squad registration. It's worth the tiny cost.

15 minutes ago, BedeviledEgg said:

You want the In-game editor for this, it will let you terminate loans and release players unconditionally among lots of other things.

Honestly i think the In-Game editor is indispensable because it lets you compensate for bugs and correct egregious slip-ups with squad registration. It's worth the tiny cost.

Ah right, I see. Thanks for explaining it.

I thought I could just edit some rules or something, but it sounds like the IGE gives much more flexibility and ease to do things. I'm not looking for cheats, boosts etc - in fact more likely to go the other way.

24 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Ah right, I see. Thanks for explaining it.

I thought I could just edit some rules or something, but it sounds like the IGE gives much more flexibility and ease to do things. I'm not looking for cheats, boosts etc - in fact more likely to go the other way.

In the pre-game editor you can goto the players you wish to edit & then in their contract where you'll find the loan details. You can remove those and then save your file for your new save game & when you start they won't be at your club.

On a in-game editor you can edit the players contract to have the loan end the next in-game date

On 25/11/2020 at 13:59, breum said:

I want to add myself and 2 friends into the game as young wonderkids.  However, I want it to be random as to our position and nationality.  Position is easy, nationality seems impossible though.  Any way to set it so that we are included without locking ourselves into being American every time?  Seems unfair to grant the USA 3 -10 potential wonderkids each playthrough.

I'm pretty sure you can't leave nationality as an empty field so only way i can think of is to choose a nation as your main & then in other nationalities add every other nation you want to be eligible for, but your player will most likely be selected for one of the bigger nations like england, germany france, brazil & turn down any minor nation every time.

18 minutes ago, OptimusPrime said:

In the pre-game editor you can goto the players you wish to edit & then in their contract where you'll find the loan details. You can remove those and then save your file for your new save game & when you start they won't be at your club.

On a in-game editor you can edit the players contract to have the loan end the next in-game date

Thanks for the reply. So I would do this before starting a new save game, then load this in to the new game like I would with added leagues or other data files? And I could include it only when I wanted?

How do I change the World Cup advanced rules if I want to add more hosts? I can't seem to find them in the advanced rules section. I'd apprecciate if someone would tell me step by step how to access to them.

Also, could I program multiple hosts for a World Cup year? Let's say, Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay 2030.

FM21 ss1.JPG

39 minutes ago, Supermercado99 said:

Can you set a group stage of a competition to be played in one city/country? I know you can do it with a competition itself (with mixed results as I've discovered) but can't see an option to do it for just a stage.

I just got a competition working with all the matches played in one specific stadium including group stage doubleheaders (matches at 12:00 and 19:30 in the same stadium on the same day).

What I had to do is add the stadium to the Stadium Pool, set "Restrict Neutral Stadiums to Stadium Pool" and "Allow Multiple Matches Per Day Per Stadium".

Then I ALSO had to add the same stadium to the "Grounds for Match" and set a stage. For each stage I had a new record on this list, all with the same stadium.

Then I set each group match in the schedule to have a Stadium of "Ask Competition Neutral". The combination of all these got every match in my competition played at that single stadium. Without all these settings it didn't seem to work, this took a lot of testing.

So I think you should be able to do similar to this and just change or delete the "Grounds for Match" records for the stages you don't want played at the group stage stadium.

On 29/11/2020 at 12:55, BedeviledEgg said:

I have a custom team mod with a preset stadium move configured to happen in 2025. It works but the new stadium also replaces the old youth ground and I don't want it to do that, I want the youth ground to remain the same.

I tried configuring a Youth Ground move back to the old ground for the day after the stadium move to set them back but that just broke the entire stadium move and made it not happen. The stadium still existed but the team didn't move there.

Is there any way to do this or do I just have to live with it?

To answer my own question here in case anyone comes searching for this answer someday, the behavior seems to be like this:

If your youth ground and your main stadium are the same, scheduling a move to a new stadium also moves your youth ground (but not training ground).

Likewise, if your youth ground and your main stadium are the same, scheduling a move of your youth ground ALSO changes your main stadium.

The only workaround for this I could find is to have the youth ground and main stadium begin as separate stadiums, in which case scheduling a stadium move does the expected thing and only moves your first team stadium and leaves the youth ground alone.

Hey everyone, this is my first time really getting into the editor and had a question about getting my academy to show up under the 'Dev Center' on the left panel and then again when I am actually in the 'Dev Center' screen.

For a bit of background, I am wanting to manage my hometown team that, in real life, is in the USL Championship. What I have done is 'swap' them with the incoming 'Charlotte FC' that is set to join MLS in 2022. I have successfully rebranded Charlotte FC to be my 'B' team located another city. They show up in my Dev Center. Ideally, I'd like to set up my B/Academy teams like DC United (DC -> Loudoun United -> Academy) that have their senior team in MLS, a 'B' team in the USL Championship, and then an Academy in the 'MLS is Next' division.  Screenshots are at the bottom.

The problem I'm running into is getting the once-named 'Charlotte FC Academy' to show up on my panel. If I use the original FM21 database, the Charlotte Academy does show up in the panel if I manage Charlotte FC, so something is getting lost in the edits. I changed the affiliation for the Academy from Charlotte to my squad and marked (I believe) all the boxes that make it similar to other MLS teams' affiliations with their academies. But it's not showing up. Am I missing something? Is there a box I need to check to make sure it shows up? 

Thanks for the help!

DCU Academy 1.JPG

DCU Academy 2.JPG

DCU Academy 3.JPG

BHM Academy 1.JPG

BHM Academy 2.JPG

Edited by dac0605

I have a working 8 team preseason tournament with a group stage, semifinal, final format. It all works perfectly except for the seeding of the semifinals. I want the standard "winner of Group A plays runner-up from Group B" setup but I'm not clear on how to make that happen and I can't find any examples of this tournament format on the workshop yet. I know this can be done and I see where the exact setup I'm going for is mentioned on the "Team Mappings From Previous Stage" tab but I'm not quite clear on how to set that up.

Could somebody point me in the right direction or link me to an existing mod I could look at?

Hope this counts as a simple question:

I'm slowly building some alternate universe European leagues based on a Europa Universalis map.  In that game Ireland has been carved up between Scotland and England.  I started with a 3x20 team league system for Scotland which combines Scottish and Northern Irish teams.  This works fine but I'm not sure how to fully incorporate the Northern Ireland regions into Scotland so that players no longer generate as Northern Irish - ideally Northern Ireland should become a defunct nation with it's population and cities now being considered Scotland. 

This border shifting is something that will be even more significant as I try to split Spain into Castile and Aragon, so it would be good to have some pointers as to how to do that in the Scotland/Ireland situation.

I don't remember this on FM20, but I could be wrong. Is it normal that the first batch of newgens (when you tick the option to add players to playable leagues) for u20 and u18 teams in a new league, all have only 15/16 years old? My u20 teams are full of 16 years player, and my u18 full of 15 years players.

I have a question regarding contracts that expire in 2020. If I start a new game with a start date of 2021, then all those with a contract expiration in 2020 have automatically been extended by one year. How to change it in the pregame editor? I want everyone whose contract expires in 2020 to be on free transfer when the game starts in 2021.

1 hour ago, Freddieboy said:

I have a question regarding contracts that expire in 2020. If I start a new game with a start date of 2021, then all those with a contract expiration in 2020 have automatically been extended by one year. How to change it in the pregame editor? I want everyone whose contract expires in 2020 to be on free transfer when the game starts in 2021.

I guess you could look up every player with a 2020 contract expiration and bulk set their clubs to "None"? Will that work? 

2 hours ago, Freddieboy said:

In the editor, there is an option on the contract page of each player that says 'Will leave at the end of Contract', tick that checkbox and it won't renew

7 minutes ago, garmac said:

In the editor, there is an option on the contract page of each player that says 'Will leave at the end of Contract', tick that checkbox and it won't renew

I tried that, but it didn't work. My aim is to start in the beginning of 2021 with a Swedish club, and then you can choose to start in February 2021. If I choose to tick the checkbox "Will leave at end of contract" a player which contract should expire at end of December 2020 automatically gets a one year extension, but with the note that hte player will leave its club after the contract runs out...

14 minutes ago, Freddieboy said:

I tried that, but it didn't work. My aim is to start in the beginning of 2021 with a Swedish club, and then you can choose to start in February 2021. If I choose to tick the checkbox "Will leave at end of contract" a player which contract should expire at end of December 2020 automatically gets a one year extension, but with the note that hte player will leave its club after the contract runs out...

since the contract will expire at a date before the game start, it seems then @BedeviledEggsuggestion to set the players clubs to none maybe your solution

If two db changes are conflicting (for instance both fmf files apply a change of nation for the same player) which file has the priority?

I suppose the last on the list by alphabetic order?

edit: yes that's it.

Edited by Shenmue-X

What does "peak potential ability" term means in FM21 Data Editor? It's a new functionality but not clear for me.

For example a player has 130 potential ability rating but his peak potential ability rating is 135.  What does it mean?

I've created new league divisions for South American countries that start on July 2020 and end in May 2021. However, when i load up the game, the competitions start in July 2021. Anyone knows how to fix this? This is only an issue with certain South American countries as far as i know.

I'm want to play with SD Huesca in Spain. They have a B team that plays in some random league. They can't promote to a playable league ever. How do I add them to a playable league from the start, like the spanish third division? My team will play in the first division.

I already tried adding it to a playable league and removing another club. They appear in the third division ingame but when I click the league they are not in the table nor have any matches scheduled.

I just want to have my B team in a playable league or be able to promote to one so I can develop my players better.

Edited by Vali184

Hello there,

I am new to editing, so please be kind, this might be something simple that I am doing wrong, but when I go to load the editor up, and I try to load a database, there doesn't seem to be any files for me to click on anywhere, please help, any advice would be gratefully received and really appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Super LJ said:

Hello there,

I am new to editing, so please be kind, this might be something simple that I am doing wrong, but when I go to load the editor up, and I try to load a database, there doesn't seem to be any files for me to click on anywhere, please help, any advice would be gratefully received and really appreciated. 

Its FM18 Editor but basics are same.

35 minutes ago, signmeupgaffer said:

Quick question regarding player creation. When putting in the values for their attributes (mental, physica, technicall etc..) are these the values they start the game with, or the values that they will potentially reach depending on their PA?

these should be the values the player is starting with. Depends what is set in CA column. If player is 150CA but has average stats, the game will bump his stats to having 150CA in the game. If he's 100CA but with good stats, the game will decrease him.

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

these should be the values the player is starting with. Depends what is set in CA column. If player is 150CA but has average stats, the game will bump his stats to having 150CA in the game. If he's 100CA but with good stats, the game will decrease him.

Cheers.

Hi.  Quick question.  I'm trying to improve the quality of newgens from certain countries.  I'm changed the Youth Rating (to 200) and Reputation of the nation (to 5000) - I've holiday'd to 2025, but still only got one 138 and one 168 player, and lots of 130-135's

I noticed on the excellent @Sangue Blu talented world file, he also increased the newgen parameters for each country, through using the Resource Achiver - please could someone explain this part to me - I have no idea how to use the Resource Archiver.

spacer.png

Thks. 

Edited by Sapa